Are u mature for your age?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShaDeDSiN
Honestly i think i am, all of my friends call me immature because i laugh at stupid jokes but i never really act immature, maybe im annoying to some of my friends sometimes but thats it. Im 14.

Leo.M
Yes... sometimes dodgy

Bardock42
I'd say...probably not.

Itzak
Nope. w00t

Bloigen
Sometimes. leftright

JaehSkywalker
partly... i guess..

nice.. we're nearly have the same age.. happy

Weeping Fairy
yea, i guess so, most people think i'm 16 or 17, but i/m only 14, but that might just be image wise erm

~B@ckB0n3~
Yes. Yes I am no expression

BlackSunshine
I'm 24 but I act nowhere near my age sometimes. I'm very responsible and I take care of my daughter. But sometimes when I'm playing with her I tend to get into the moment and start acting her age. laughing

~B@ckB0n3~
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
I'm 24 but I act nowhere near my age sometimes. I'm very responsible and I take care of my daughter. But sometimes when I'm playing with her I tend to get into the moment and start acting her age. laughing I do that too around kids. Sometimes it scares me scared

SelphieT
I'm mature for my age. I'm not doing half the things the dumb idiots my age are doing now.

Roulette
I can be really immature ^-^ but I also know when it's time to be mature. Different moments call for different behaviours.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by ~B@ckB0n3~
I do that too around kids. Sometimes it scares me scared

Yeah, anytime I'm around kids between 2 and 12 I tend to drop down to their level. laughing

~B@ckB0n3~
Originally posted by SelphieT
I'm mature for my age. I'm not doing half the things the dumb idiots my age are doing now. That's exactly my mature level...if there's such a thing erm

Barker
Yes. I'd say I'm probably too mature for my age.

masterkit
depends what people im around, or the conversation im in.

JacopeX
I am very mature for my age. Really I just dont understand teens my age for some reason confused

The Pict
Usually, I only act silly when I wear my Batman or Power Ranger outfits smile

LiL nAstY GirL
I am. I've always hung out with people older than I am, so I just grew up with them. Everyone always thinks I'm older than I really am stick out tongue

Punkyhermy
Depends. I can be too mature. I can be very silly.
*shrugs*

~Da Rev~
Boobies and poop jokes are still funny to me, so no.

Roland
I am in no way near mature for my age. devil1

Ultraman Baltan
Intellectually? Yes. Attitude wise? I can be, but I like to to normally be irritating and childish. Huzzah!

Prabhodh
Originally posted by Barker
Yes. I'd say I'm probably too mature for my age.

Lana
You know, from what I've seen, most kids who claim they're more mature than their age really aren't stick out tongue

Me? I can be mature and act my age. Though for the most part...I act like I'm still 12 or 13. I suppose it really depends on the situation.

Captain REX
I am mature for my age, for the most part.

Barker
Originally posted by Lana
You know, from what I've seen, most kids who claim they're more mature than their age really aren't stick out tongue
Me? I can be mature and act my age. Though for the most part...I act like I'm still 12 or 13. I suppose it really depends on the situation.

PeterGriffin
I have plenty of years ahead of me to act mature, so while Im young and still got the energy, Im gonna enjoy being an immature dopedoped

Kram3r
Originally posted by Itzak
Nope. w00t

Kongu_Dude
I dont know... tongue_ss

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Kongu_Dude
I dont know... tongue_ss

soo not!

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
soo not!

What does mature mean anyway?

JaehSkywalker

Kongu_Dude
I am kinda mature...herbsmart

Kram3r
Originally posted by Prabhodh

Boring doesn't constitute you being mature.

Kongu_Dude
herbgrin

Syren
Originally posted by ShaDeDSiN
Honestly i think i am, all of my friends call me immature because i laugh at stupid jokes but i never really act immature, maybe im annoying to some of my friends sometimes but thats it. Im 14.

I'd say, at 14, laughing at stupid jokes is tame compared to some of the childish antics people your age get up to. I laugh at stupid jokes, as long as they're not insulting to anyone. I'm almost 22 and I can be ridiculously immature at times but I use the excuse that like to think that it's because I'm 'young at heart', even though if I'm honest I know I'm just trying to hold onto my adolescence with both hands roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously though, at 14 you really don't need to be worrying about whether your peer group thinks you're immature. By now you should have learnt to conduct yourself with the necessary maturity when the time calls for it and hanging out with your friends shouldn't be stressful, or a competition between you to try to figure out who's the most mature. Have fun while you can, be careful about the lengths you go to and make sure you realise that being a child is so short lived it's gone before you even realise you've started.

Jeez, I feel ancient all of a sudden confused

Originally posted by Lana

Edit; Exactly! The real maturity is being able to distinguish between situations and when is the right time for you to act your age, make that extra effort and so on. Quite honestly, youngsters pretending they're mature at such a young age only serves to make them appear silly and pretentious because it's so obvious they're trying so hard and yet, in most cases, not cutting the mustard. Why wish away your younger years? You'll be 'old' and mature for a very long time. Seriously, now I've got all these responsibilities I know won't ever change or relent, I'd give anything to be 11 again and have no worries (other than trivialities) in the world. I'm only 22 so all I've got to look forward to is it getting a whole lot worse! I can't understand why kids want to be adults so quickly, I suppose they don't see all of the pressures that come with it. Rose coloured glasses.

Kongu_Dude
Hi Syren! tip-hat

Vinny Valentine

Learn grammar and spelling.

Mature my balls.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Syren
I'd say, at 14, laughing at stupid jokes is tame compared to some of the childish antics people your age get up to. I laugh at stupid jokes, as long as they're not insulting to anyone. I'm almost 22 and I can be ridiculously immature at times but I use the excuse that like to think that it's because I'm 'young at heart', even though if I'm honest I know I'm just trying to hold onto my adolescence with both hands roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously though, at 14 you really don't need to be worrying about whether your peer group thinks you're immature. By now you should have learnt to conduct yourself with the necessary maturity when the time calls for it and hanging out with your friends shouldn't be stressful, or a competition between you to try to figure out who's the most mature. Have fun while you can, be careful about the lengths you go to and make sure you realise that being a child is so short lived it's gone before you even realise you've started.

Jeez, I feel ancient all of a sudden confused

Hah.. i wish i don't have to worry about that...

they're sorta forcing me to grow up... they keep saying.. "you're still a kid.." Yeah right... ranting

i'm mature for my age and they don't see it... sometimes i just act like a child that's all...

I'm in 3rd yr high (system's diff than yours) and almost all the guys round me are 15/16...

though i fit in, i hate being called a kid by people who are 1-4 years older than me... mad2

Kongu_Dude
herbstop

JaehSkywalker
wahe..

Kongu_Dude
srug

Syren
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
Hah.. i wish i don't have to worry about that...

they're sorta forcing me to grow up... they keep saying.. "you're still a kid.." Yeah right... ranting

i'm mature for my age and they don't see it... sometimes i just act like a child that's all...

I'm in 3rd yr high (system's diff than yours) and almost all the guys round me are 15/16...

though i fit in, i hate being called a kid by people who are 1-4 years older than me... mad2

I know how it feels. The thing that used to frustrate me the most when I was about 13 to 16 was the fact that when I wanted to do something perhaps a little advanced for my age, like stay out later than usual or go to a party my friends were going to, without accompaniment, my dad always said, "you're still too young to be trusted," or something along those lines.

Yet I was babysitting for my baby sister from the age of 14 and was told I would need to get a part time job once I turned 14 so I could start learning how to control my finances, things like that. I was told I was "old enough" to start learning certain adult responsibilities.

I used to wonder how this was in any way fair, whether I was in fact 'old' or 'young' or somewhere in between; aka somewhere it suited my parents for me to be.

Now I look back and I genuinely understand their logic. In keeping me from unsupervised situations where things could have easily gotten out of hand they were protecting me, because at that age I still needed my guardians. In teaching me adult lessons they prepared me for adult life, in small ways, which cannot be seen as a negative. So although from my point of view, at that age, I was being treated unfairly, I see now that it was perfectly understandable and I'll be the same with my kids. No matter how much they protest that they're either old enough to be trusted, or too young to understand laughing out loud

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Mature my balls.

You could learn to overlook such trivial things in favour of a genuine question, for once.

Just saying, but it looks as though you had nothing to say in response so you resorted to a lousy dig instead.

Being able to spell correctly and use decent grammar doesn't make you mature, as you just proved.

Kongu_Dude
Hi Syren! tip-hat

Syren
Hi Syren! tip-hat

Sorry hun! I missed this in the midst of my essay-like posts - I'm on a rambling rampage today embarrasment

How are you, anyway? wavey

Kongu_Dude
Sorry hun! I missed this in the midst of my essay-like posts - I'm on a rambling rampage today embarrasment

How are you, anyway? wavey

Good...happy

I have made a herb: herbgrin

How are you?

PeterGriffin

Mature my balls.

Actually there's no spelling mistakes. And the grammar is also correct, so what you should have said was ''Learn punctuation'', cause that's the error. Even though its irrelevant and no one cares.

JaehSkywalker
I know how it feels. The thing that used to frustrate me the most when I was about 13 to 16 was the fact that when I wanted to do something perhaps a little advanced for my age, like stay out later than usual or go to a party my friends were going to, without accompaniment, my dad always said, "you're still too young to be trusted," or something along those lines.

Yet I was babysitting for my baby sister from the age of 14 and was told I would need to get a part time job once I turned 14 so I could start learning how to control my finances, things like that. I was told I was "old enough" to start learning certain adult responsibilities.

actually i have enough freedom. this is really suprising, but my parents are sorta cool when it comes to stuff like letting me go somewhere.. and no one tells me that i'm too young to be trusted.

my only problem are my friends *sometimes*.

I mean, it was like they were expecting me to like make up and stuff like that they like. makes them look 'mature' *blech*

sometimes they think i won't understand stuff because i'm too young.. as in duh.. i've been spending my time with them for the past years too long that i learned to act like em*sometimes*.

BakaXero
pfft!!! maturity, who needs it?

DragonWoman
I keep getting told I'm overly mature for my age...sometimes I honestly think that's a bad thing.

Council#13
When I was litte, I'm told I acted like an old man. I think I'm going backwards here. Someone help ermm

DragonWoman
Lol...it's not bad to be immature and that's totally normal hun, some of us are like that...I know I was stick out tongue

Council#13
I need to pee pee but I'm not wearing my diaper ermm

DragonWoman
Originally posted by Council#13
I need to pee pee but I'm not wearing my diaper ermm

Lmao...classic

ThePittman
Well I'm 35 going on 20 stick out tongue

~Flamboyant~
I act mature when I want to, I act immature when I want to. But overall, knowing my friends and how stupid they can be, I'd say that I'm a tad above them.

Daedalus

Mature my balls.

So, for you, the answer is "no"?

~B@ckB0n3~
When I was litte, I'm told I acted like an old man. I think I'm going backwards here. Someone help ermm I act like an old man now, and i'm only 15 erm

My back aches, my bones crack like hell, and it's hard for me to get up sometimes.

I also just found out that when I hit near my 70's, i'm gonna get Gut Cancer, just like my Grandpa has now cry

Council#13
Originally posted by ~B@ckB0n3~
I act like an old man now, and i'm only 15 erm

My back aches, my bones crack like hell, and it's hard for me to get up sometimes.

I also just found out that when I hit near my 70's, i'm gonna get Gut Cancer, just like my Grandpa has now cry

laughing Wow your body sucks! Just kidding. Feeling like an old man and acting like an old man are completely different. I'd say you might be going through a grow spurt.

~B@ckB0n3~
Yeh, but the Gut Cancer thing run's through the family. My Grandpa only got it a couple weeks ago, but now my dad's gonna get it, then me. cry

Council#13
Are we assuming here? Because when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

~B@ckB0n3~
Are we assuming here? Because when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me. My dad works at a place here in Tampa called "H.Lee Moffit Cancer Center and Research Institute". He told me it will pass down towards us, so no, i'm not assuming. no expression

Council#13
Oh. no expression Is your grandfather alright?

~B@ckB0n3~
Oh. no expression Is your grandfather alright? Well, the doctors messed up, and on Friday, they had to take out his whole colon, and attached his smaller one to whatever the first one was attached to. So, that means he'll need to go to the bathroom like 6-7 times a day, and it will be runny sick

He almost died on the operating table on Friday, because his blood pressure kept dropping. He's stable now, but I'm worried what will happen next time. cry

My grandfather's a great man. He served in WWII, got shot many times, and still managed to get back up and fight. He was from Britain, but he moved hto Canada after my dad was like 7-8 yrs old.

Council#13
Whoa it's a good thing he's alright. I'm sure they won't mess up next time. People learn from their mistakes.

Anyway, that's a cool story. He fought the Germans? My grandfather was part of the airforce, and his plane was struck down. He was the only survivor out of 4, and had to hide in a barn to avoid the enemy. Looks like our grand-daddies did a pretty good job of winning the war, eh?

~B@ckB0n3~
Yep..I think my grandfather served as either the ground portion in the army, or in the air-force, i'm not sure, it's been awhile since he told me..

Council#13
Oh. Better ask him. Or later. There'll be plenty of time after his next operation.

~B@ckB0n3~
I will. But for now i'm off to play Guild Wars. Be back later.

Council#13
Bye bye!

Lana

Edit; Exactly! The real maturity is being able to distinguish between situations and when is the right time for you to act your age, make that extra effort and so on. Quite honestly, youngsters pretending they're mature at such a young age only serves to make them appear silly and pretentious because it's so obvious they're trying so hard and yet, in most cases, not cutting the mustard. Why wish away your younger years? You'll be 'old' and mature for a very long time. Seriously, now I've got all these responsibilities I know won't ever change or relent, I'd give anything to be 11 again and have no worries (other than trivialities) in the world. I'm only 22 so all I've got to look forward to is it getting a whole lot worse! I can't understand why kids want to be adults so quickly, I suppose they don't see all of the pressures that come with it. Rose coloured glasses.

I definitely agree with this. Why bother wasting your time acting like an adult when you're young when you'll have the rest of your life to do so? I mean yes, there are kids who due to various circumstances and situations are definitely very mature for being a young age. But for the most part, it's kids just wanting to look like they're adults and they end up coming off looking really silly.

Personally, because of family issues and stuff like that, I never really got to act my age from about when I was 8 years old until I was about 16 or 17. So I definitely believe in acting immature and childish as long as you can, and am kind of making up for lost time in doing so stick out tongue But at the same time, I'm going on 21 years old, and know that there are situations where me acting like a silly teenager won't cut it and I need to act like someone who's nearly 21.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd say...probably not.

lord xyz
Honestly i think i am, all of my friends call me immature because i laugh at stupid jokes but i never really act immature, maybe im annoying to some of my friends sometimes but thats it. Im 14. *is mature* But, I'm almost 15, and most people are calm and sensible at that age.

AOR
Originally posted by Leo.M
Yes... sometimes dodgy

§P0oONY
Originally posted by lord xyz
*is mature* But, I'm almost 15, and most people are calm and sensible at that age.

I thought you were a lot older than that...

Cheetah girl
YEs i am

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Cheetah girl
YEs i am

Then I take it that you are about 3 years old.

Cheetah girl
nOPE 15.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Cheetah girl
nOPE 15.

Then I have the great pleasure of telling you that you are in fact far less mature than your age.

Sanctuary
A lot of people say I am. hmm

Vinny Valentine

I used to wonder how this was in any way fair, whether I was in fact 'old' or 'young' or somewhere in between; aka somewhere it suited my parents for me to be.

Now I look back and I genuinely understand their logic. In keeping me from unsupervised situations where things could have easily gotten out of hand they were protecting me, because at that age I still needed my guardians. In teaching me adult lessons they prepared me for adult life, in small ways, which cannot be seen as a negative. So although from my point of view, at that age, I was being treated unfairly, I see now that it was perfectly understandable and I'll be the same with my kids. No matter how much they protest that they're either old enough to be trusted, or too young to understand laughing out loud

You could learn to overlook such trivial things in favour of a genuine question, for once.

Just saying, but it looks as though you had nothing to say in response so you resorted to a lousy dig instead.

Being able to spell correctly and use decent grammar doesn't make you mature, as you just proved.

I don't like people who are above the age of 12 and don't actually put time into what they write.

It comes out like this "i was walkin down the street and i saw a puppy"

But Syren, I see how you're swinging shifty

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Actually there's no spelling mistakes. And the grammar is also correct, so what you should have said was ''Learn punctuation'', cause that's the error. Even though its irrelevant and no one cares.

mhm I knew you couldn't resist KMC.

Originally posted by Daedalus
So, for you, the answer is "no"?

Its more in the middle.

Its more like, Nes.

Dawson
I like to think I am. It's completely circumstantial though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.