Spidey's suit in the movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fianchettoer
On one of the Spider-Man 2 posters, you can clearly see there is no outlet for Spidey's web. How, in the movies, is Spidey able to shoot that stuff out? I know in the comics he had the devices he made.

Ghetto Goblin
yes, and how can he stick to walls with his hands and feet if his skin doesn't touch it, we'll never know.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Fianchettoer
On one of the Spider-Man 2 posters, you can clearly see there is no outlet for Spidey's web. How, in the movies, is Spidey able to shoot that stuff out? I know in the comics he had the devices he made. Also, in the comics his suit it skin-tight, yet you never see any web-shooters bulging underneath it.

Ghetto Goblin
And for the ladies, you can't see his manhood in the "skin tight" suit. His nose would stick out a bit more too. lol... manhood...

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Also, in the comics his suit it skin-tight, yet you never see any web-shooters bulging underneath it.

He has organic webs now in the comics.

redcaped
I bought today the Marvel Legends Sentinel Series with the original Spider-Man both comic & figure! I love the webbing on his back through the torso. They took it from his costume after the 60s.

Ghetto Goblin
Why'd he used to have spiderweb arm pits, that was funny, like hairy arm pits with webbing.

redcaped
To me it gives the sense of his dominion over webs like the human spider he is. With that way of thinking I advise you to stop reading comics!

Ghetto Goblin
Me? I don't read them anyways. Just talk about stuff here, listen to what you all say. It's fine not to have natural webbing, i really don't care, as long as he has webbing somehow.

redcaped
But I do think that was the idea in the first place, which is great.

Ultraman Baltan
The new suit looks horrible. It's just SM2's suit with spray paint.

redcaped
Did you actually see Venom...Does he have the long tongue?

Ghetto Goblin
venom was in the comic con video, he was blurry though.

spencerspider
very blurry..

redcaped
I think they can add the web arm pits to the following trilogy and hopefully the previous three as well.

Evil SeeD
So we are talking about "web armpits" in here? Hmmm..... messed

Ghetto Goblin
Originally posted by redcaped
I think they can add the web arm pits to the following trilogy and hopefully the previous three as well.

Are you talking about the movie? putting webbing armpits in the movie might cause some commotion amungst the fans.

spencerspider
strange...

redcaped
I just like the comic art of the 60s.

Sparkz
Hey those web arm pits aren't just in the 60's some artists still draw them, like John Romita Jr, personaly I prefer the costume with them, gives it an even more personalised feel.

redcaped
the web king!

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
He has organic webs now in the comics. Yes, and what about the 30+ years before he got his organic webs?

doctorstrongbad
Those were good times, but now its time for something new. Unless they take his organic webbing away.

DigiMark007
Let's wrap this thread up with the obvious conclusion...

...say it together with me kids...

Suspension of Disbelief.

Glad we cleared that up.

doctorstrongbad
Is this going to be locked?

Kal875
I hope not, this thread was the funniest thread I ever had the pleasure of reading.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Kal875
I hope not, this thread was the funniest thread I ever had the pleasure of reading.

Yeah it has been funny to read. Sometimes they will lock threads like this, but it looks like its still open. Rock on. hehe

Vim
I had always figured the web armpits were there to give a kind of support to his arms since his body weight is constantly being pulled down as he swings, and with all kinds of laws of inertia at work I figured they keep his arms from pulling out of socket!

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Vim
I had always figured the web armpits were there to give a kind of support to his arms since his body weight is constantly being pulled down as he swings, and with all kinds of laws of inertia at work I figured they keep his arms from pulling out of socket!

He used the webbing to help him glide. I always thought it was a great idea.

SpiderSESSH
I have no real problems with the suits, but the spider armpit webs were there because Peter had thought it was cool. Then he had been told by a couple of villians that it made him look cheesy, and he removed them. Or made a new costume. As for the webshooters, in the movies it's organic, there would be no neeed for a hole if he made the area where he shooots webbing out of a little less dense there. Remember his webbing is as strong as a titanium rod, it would have a bit of density...it is a liquid, but when it hits the air it solidifies. the material would just need to be able to part, and then still be elastic enough to pull back together after he was done with that. In the comics you never see a hole either when he did it, and it never bulged from his wrists. I personaly liked Ben Reily's version of the suit better. It just looked more bad ass. But i do have a question on the venom shown in the comic con vid...did he look big enough? Cause if anyone remembers, Venom was big enough to make a full sized Chevy look like a toy truck...I hope they didnt mess his size compared to Peter....and come on...Topher Grace? That freak isn't any bigger than my pinky!! how is he supposed to go from all geek looking to the size of Andre the Giant?

super pr*xy
did eddie brock make a chevy truck look like a toy in the comics?

Sparkz
Originally posted by SpiderSESSH
I have no real problems with the suits, but the spider armpit webs were there because Peter had thought it was cool. Then he had been told by a couple of villians that it made him look cheesy, and he removed them. Or made a new costume. As for the webshooters, in the movies it's organic, there would be no neeed for a hole if he made the area where he shooots webbing out of a little less dense there. Remember his webbing is as strong as a titanium rod, it would have a bit of density...it is a liquid, but when it hits the air it solidifies. the material would just need to be able to part, and then still be elastic enough to pull back together after he was done with that. In the comics you never see a hole either when he did it, and it never bulged from his wrists. I personaly liked Ben Reily's version of the suit better. It just looked more bad ass. But i do have a question on the venom shown in the comic con vid...did he look big enough? Cause if anyone remembers, Venom was big enough to make a full sized Chevy look like a toy truck...I hope they didnt mess his size compared to Peter....and come on...Topher Grace? That freak isn't any bigger than my pinky!! how is he supposed to go from all geek looking to the size of Andre the Giant?

Who told Spidey his arm pits looked cheesy, anyway in 1 story he said they had been torn off then he added some when he found the new material again. In the end it all depends on who draws the art, not realy anything regarding the story itself.

And in the comics Peter did have a slot where he fired his webbing from in his gloves i'll post the scan of one at some point, but if you check the JMS and John Romita JR run you can always see them, mainly cause they are coloured grey.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Sparkz
Who told Spidey his arm pits looked cheesy, anyway in 1 story he said they had been torn off then he added some when he found the new material again. In the end it all depends on who draws the art, not realy anything regarding the story itself.

And in the comics Peter did have a slot where he fired his webbing from in his gloves i'll post the scan of one at some point, but if you check the JMS and John Romita JR run you can always see them, mainly cause they are coloured grey.

I always liked his spider wings so he could glide. Yes he had a slot so it wouldn't rip or tear his gloves.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.