What do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jacky Sparrow
If Jack and Liz will come together, will Jack later in the future betray Liz with another woman? What do you think?

willofthewisp
No. If they get together, they are staying together. I saw this on wikipedia. It's from the novelization of the second movie.

Jack considers himself a ladies' man, explaining that he has a, "tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature." However, he is seemingly unable to commit to a long-term relationship, although Elizabeth Swann seems to be the first woman Jack is unable to forget. Interestingly, in the novelization of the second film, Jack tells Elizabeth that he likes marriage because it is, "like a wager to see who will fall out of love first."

He's not leaving her any time soon.

Jacky Sparrow
yes, I see it the same way...but everyone tells me that he will never stop going after other girls because it's just his character...but in my opinion he has changed or better he is in changing and I don't think that they have realised that!

Jacky Sparrow
hey!! not just voting sad...I want a comment why!!!!

tee_pirategirl
ok I voted he loves her too much cause the reason he really runs off with ladies is that it's his personality BUT it's also cause he's a lonelt man with no one to love really..so if he has some one to love who loves him back what perpose be served betraying her and ruining the greatest thing he has going on for him? cause cause despite what it may seem jack REALLY DOES think before he acts more than anyone else in the movie so...

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
No. If they get together, they are staying together. I saw this on wikipedia. It's from the novelization of the second movie.

Jack considers himself a ladies' man, explaining that he has a, "tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature." However, he is seemingly unable to commit to a long-term relationship, although Elizabeth Swann seems to be the first woman Jack is unable to forget. Interestingly, in the novelization of the second film, Jack tells Elizabeth that he likes marriage because it is, "like a wager to see who will fall out of love first."

He's not leaving her any time soon.

thats really beautiful. thats such a jack thing to say.

jack likes to win at games, so i reckon if he and lizzie did get together (big grin) they would stay together. i would actually consider it more likely for HER to cheat on HIM... lol...

And i think EVERYONE has trouble committing to a long-term relationship until they meet the RIGHT ONE and then a long-term relationship makes perfect sense and is much easier.

so going along with all the "destiny" and "fate" stuff, if its meant to be for Liz and Jack, its going to last.

Jacky Sparrow
yes... I think so! With the right person it could last forever!

and who voted against it now and why???? I'm curious! big grin

CaptinJackLover
ditto! oh and jacky ilove ur siggy!

Leggy_n_Merry
I did. But only because I want Elizabeth to end up with Will so I'm trying to make myself think Jack wouldn't be right for her lol.

*Prepares to be attacked by Jack/Elizabeth rooters*

Jacky Sparrow
no, you can say that and I'm not angry...I just want to know some arguments....for or against jack!

CaptinJackLover
why do you wnat them together??

Jacky Sparrow
whom do you mean??

me: jack-liz

or

leggy: will-liz

CaptinJackLover
leggy.

im all for Jack/Liz so i dont need any one to explain the reaosns they are going to be together big grin

Leggy_n_Merry
Well I just like them together. And I like Will and think he's so sweet. I obviously love Jack too, but I like him as a free pirate and everything.

CaptinJackLover
oh well i guess thats ok...i dont want get in an argument with you cuz i get wayyy out of hand. lol

Leggy_n_Merry
Haha ok. And yeah I don't really need to hear about people saying they want Jack and Elizabeth together 'cause I've heard it way too many times on here lol.

katelovespirate
guys seriously, Jack is like, immortal. whether he gets the girl or not he will be the best character of all times. nothing will change that.

honestly, if liz and jack ended up together, that would be flipping hott. it would be a beautiful, unexpected, un-disney and very exciting end.

if liz and will ended up together, it would still be great. they would learn to work through their issues and trust each other again. It would be cliche but also sweet. we would probably see both characters grow a lot.

i just think, either way its going to be great.

i just dont think Jack's character is dependent on another character to make him cool... ya know?

CaptinJackLover
yeah it would be great with Liz and Will but i dont think it would work...i htink if Liz doenst get Jack she shouldnt get anybody, Liz wouldnt deserve Will after she pretty much cheated on him iwth Jack. I would feel bad for him if they ended up together

Jacky Sparrow
hey, we get off topic! not who would be nice, that's not the question!

LovelyOne
Well we have to think of Jack. He would never betray her by leaving her to die..he almost did that in movie 2 He would have gone back anyway I think but because Liz was there we suddenly see him transform and become a hero in that kind of situation..she made him all the more brave there, Jack from movie 1 would have never taken responsibility head on like that..the kraken being there was his fault..and he stood up to it like a man and all because of Liz.

Jack.he only ever trades people when he thinks he has everything under control..and he thinks he's going to see them again

Apparently in movie 3 he does trade her but this is to get back at Will who basically stabs him in the back right away as soon as he comes back..he wants to put Jack on Sao Feng's ship and he's gonna leave ihim there to die just so he can have the pearl and keep Liz away fromJack who he thinks "cant ever love a woman"..so yeah I'm guessing Jack's pissed...he kills 2 birds with one stone..he gets Liz away from Will..and als prevents hiim from stealing the pearl to save his dad.. so Jack puts her on Sao Feng's ship for a week expecting to find her at "shipwreck cove" when she's handed back over..but whilst on the ship Norrington and the EITC kidnap her

Later when he finds she's missing from where he thought she was safe..Its probably going to hit him hard and he wont ever do that to her again..he wont ever treat her as leverage again. He cares too damn much for her...he needs to learn how to be the best man for her and needs that kind of wakeup call IMO..He's learned that he cant bare to leave her to die to save his own skin...now he's got to learn to STOP threatening her as leverage to save his own skin.and this will be a lesson to him me thinks when he finds out she's gone..

He's gotta learn somehow and with Jack...it always seems to happen when hes actually faced with the situation..when he actually feels the emotions.

I say this because of the thing with the Jar of Dirt and the actual heart and how it overshadows what happens to Liz in the movies..when Jck rescues it from that baddie etc, he wins it over..and thats the ending of movie 2..but then there's more where Will gets knocked out with an oar.and Jack puts the heart where he thinks its safe in the Jar or dirt..His reaction to the heart being gone (kidnapped by Norrington/EITC ) from where he thought it was safe..tells all..he's going to want nothing more than have Liz back safe in his arms for good once he realizes she's missing..

I also think they did this because they are going to set it up where Liz slaps him laughing out loud..and everyone will be thinking "oh look he cant even hold on to her" WAIT AND SEE..he will laughing out loud

Jacky Sparrow
yes, but I didn't mean betray to leave her anywhere I meant more, after a while, if they would be together, would he betray with another woman?

LovelyOne
LMAO!! ohhh

no he probably wouldnt

I honestly dont think as of late..(after meeting Liz in movie 1) he has actually slept with anyone..he is so different in movie 2 compared to movie 1..

and when you look at the fact he has Liz on his mind as movie 1 closes..and he looks at his compass snaps it shut and heads for "uncharted waters" (as the script says) means he's not following the direction the compass just showed him (Pointed back at Liz?)...and then 9 - 12 months later he his compass is vexing him when he looks at it because its STILL telling him he wants her..and then he doesnt..and then he does etc. and he keeps not going back to her.

Jack actually seems totally different in movie 2..he's really REALLY lacking in confidence to do anything (even sexually)...and IMO this has slowly been happening since he left Liz at Port Royal over a year ago lol..the man cant stop thinking about her..and since when is he ever like that with any other woman?

Jacky Sparrow
yes, I agree

....but my friends say he was before he knew her a ladies man and they think he is so keen on liz because he can't get her now....but later if he should get her, after a while when she became less interesting....he'll go again after other woman.

LovelyOne
oh no..he knows he's got her..watch what he does when he prompts her to kiss him again by looking at her lips..she gives in and grazes his lip..he then has his big old satisfied smile and says "pirate" as in "You're mine"..

thats all he was interested in there..was seeing how much she liked the kiss..as soon as he sees her look down at his lips twice..he then looks at hers as if to say "Oh come on then" and she actually does..

here tell them to look at this..the man has her basically:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtDYT2XfRLE

and after this.after KNOWING she is now his..on the origional script it says as a side note

so its not an issue of him not having her that makes her tempting to him..he's convinced he does have her..and now he wants her all the more now laughing out loud

and the fact she betrayed him just made him love her all the more..its what he likes about her..tell them to watch that peas in a pod scene from movie 1..he likes her all the more after she betrayed him on the beach..and she did pretty much the same thing to him as she did at the end of movie 2..seduced him to betray him..and she left him for dead lol..and he LIKED HER MORE after she did that..so if they say Jack will be angry in movie 3? hell no he's just gonna love her all the more now.

ivebeendepped43
nice. thats true. he sees her look down at his lips and he wants more, yet hes satisfied

LovelyOne
sorry I edited that about 100 times!

Jacky Sparrow
fine lovelyone, you're absolutly right!

but what my problem is, is to convince them that Jack has changed...that he will only love Lizzie true...and never touch another woman in the future.

they argue against me...they say a man who was always after women will be sooner or later again after other women, do you understand??

LovelyOne
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
nice. thats true. he sees her look down at his lips and he wants more, yet hes satisfied

no he's not properly satisfied until he physically sees her give into him again and graze his lip...then he wants her all the more after that little interaction

He knows he has her and he also wants her still..so its not about him only finding her desireable because he cant have her..IMO jack KNOWS he can have her easily..he's just waiting on her to realize that he is the man for her..and in movie 2 she begins to.

Jacky Sparrow

but what my problem is, is to convince them that Jack has changed...that he will only love Lizzie true...and never touch another woman in the future.

they argue against me...they say a man who was always after women will be sooner or later again after other women, do you understand??

I mean look even here, five have voted against it.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow

tell them

In movie 1 he leaves Port Royal knowing he actually found someone very special in Elizabeth she's on his mind..not because of sex but because of what happened between them on the beach..he says "bring me that horizon" and then all of a sudden he starts to sing the song she taught him..and why? because whilst on the beach they had just sang that song..sat down and began to look at the horizon together and talk about freedom..Elizabeth showed her true pirate colors here..and that whole encounter on the beach has made this man completly infatuated with her..he knows that this girl is obsessed with pirates, she sings pirate songs that even he doesnt know..she's been reading about him all her life..and she is very interested in him as a man, and she actually beats him at his own game as a pirate which is what he absolutly adores about her (peas in a pod scene)..in her he feels he has found a soul mate IMO..this is why when she says "her heart lies with will" that we see him look rather hurt..someone he ONLY wanted for sex would never make him show that kind of deep hurt in his face.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6836/potc3lk9.jpghttp://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9571/potc5ng1.jpg
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/3489/potc6xg1.jpghttp://img369.imageshack.us/img369/4004/potc7wg9.jpg

and then he sees the "free bird" and all of a sudden he remembers what this girls is REALLY all about!..she's just like him..and he knows it

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7521/big1lm1.jpg

then he goes on the pearl and he's thinking of her again..singing the pirate song SHE TAUGHT HIM..knowing that SHE is a pirate at heart..and he SMILES..

he left her in movie 1 wanting her..and a year later??? HE STILL DOES..she is still what he wants most in this world according to the compass..since when does any woman get to him like that?..and its not because she is unataiable because by the end of movie 2 he knows he actually has her to himself..she's no longer unatainable because he saw her physically give into him AGAIN right after that kiss..and it was him who made her give in again and according to the side note script he still wants her all the more now KNOWING that he has her..so its not because she is unatainable

he wants the womans heart its not just about sex...

when movie 1 ends..that huge change in Jack's character completley goes over the audiences heads and its a shame because it made movie 2 all the more confusing..a lot of people thought Jack left movie without a care in the world..he remained a womanizer..but he didn't.that ending went right over their heads. even after movie 2 some people cant seem to imagine Jack being with Liz as a long lasting thing..they think he cant be in love with her and that its only a short term thing..but this man has been thinking of her for over a year since he left port royal..

Jacky Sparrow
alright! I hope it'll be enough! I mean it was really clear that he had her on his mind.

and even at tia dalma, he lets will sit down because i think he knows that she is a flirting person and he doesn't want that, could that be?

LovelyOne
iIn movie 1 they decided to make it end Will/Liz because back then Jack was a risk..they knew he was the main character and that HE should get the girl but he was a risk..I think they had the Jack/Liz possibility in their minds the whole time but they couldnt really act on it until the audience accepted him as a character..so they had to end it will/Liz..the origional draft script was a WHOLE lot more Jack/Liz orientated..you woukd have thought they would end up together by the end of it..

IMO I think they took those scenes out because if jack WAS a huge success with the audience and they had those scenes where they were so close..and it then ended Will/Liz it would be like "so why has she ended up with Will after she's obviously meant to be with jack?" It would have dissapointed the audience that she ended up with Will after seeing those scenes where she is getting on so well with the main character.

So now they know Jack is a well liked character..what do we see happen in movie 2? laughing out loud

this is why I cant understand them going back to Will/Liz after making a WHOLE MIDDLE CHAPTER based around Liz/Jack with sizzling chemistry slowly developing into a relationship..and its obviously taken off really well(1 BILLION worldwide compared with movie 1's 360 million)..so why would they do this if they intend to end their trilogy Will/Liz?..it would be dissapointing..they would be FOOLS to end it up Will/Liz..because Jack/Liz has made this movie react 1 billin..and if people leave the cinema knowing its Will/Liz..you can bet movie 3 iwould dissapoint and the DVD sales would suffer etc..

If they intended will/liz..then i doubt they would have dedicated the whole middle of their story to Jack/Liz getting closer and closer.

Jacky Sparrow
yep, totally agree! But what I don't understand that some people don't understand THIS!! It's so hard to imagine...they must be blind, don't know what else.

yes, I think in potc3 it will look like at the beginning as if it's an Liz/Will ending...but at the end it'll be jack/liz (I mean they are peas in a pod so it can't be different)

LovelyOne
LOL oh and tell them that Ted Elliot (script writer) himself has once said once or twice, that Jack is capable of a long term relationship

I know its very frustrating when people cant see it..they should have left the peas in a pod scene in.

I'm betting by the end of movie 3..if its a Jack/Liz deal it will probably be a moment where he gives up something that everyone would think Jack would take instead of a woman ANY day..but he wont choose it..he'll choose Elizabeth..and this will solidify how much Elizabeth means to Jack Sparrow ..and then if everyone goes and takes a GOOD hard look at all the movies..they will see all along that Jack was willing to stick by this woman and do anything for her no matter what happened to him in the process..no matter what he had to risk etc.

All the hints and clues..will become obvious

Look at movie 1. Elizabeth is the ONLY person Jack will risk his own safety for to SAVE in a brave way..when its Will or anyone else..its always no actions and all negotiations..and he always has himself at top priority..but when It's Elizabeth and she's in danger..you just watch what Jack does..he jumps right into saving her without considering what could happen to him in the long run...Or he'll do something he may not have done had she not been in danger. Like when he killed Barbossa...it was only when he saw Liz was in danger from him that he shot him..I doubt Jack would have had the heart to kill Barbossa had he not just become a threat to Liz..its not really in Jacks nature to kill people..even if he doesn't like them or know them

Movie 2..its the same deal....especially the end...even on the cannibal Island scene..when Will was hanging there he didn't really care and he walked away..as SOON as will says "Elizabeth faces the gallows" Jack literally STOPS DEAD in his tracks..and only NOW does he put himself at risk and try to escape..he suddenly gets a surge of bravery when it comes to LIz being in danger..he says "she's only a ship mate" when it comes to saving her or Elizabeth..and he's obviously picked Liz..and that ship was the very ship he sold his own soul for only years before...what is going on with captain Jack?? He's smitten with a woman..and it makes him BRAVER..he's no longer thinking so selfishly..she's making him a better peron.

and if movie 3 ends Jack/Liz..you will see that he is the most deserving man for her all along..

willofthewisp
Also, has Jack ever had a girlfriend? Not a whore, but a long-term girlfriend? It's one thing to sleep around and never commit, but he's never experienced true love or staying with someone. That in itself is new to him and would make things interesting.
I'm a psychology major and we have studied falling in love, and there is no promise any couple would work out, but there are certain factors that give you a good shot. There is a chemical called phenythylomene and it is stimulated when you first fall in love. This is puppy love and it will wear off in 2 to 4 years of knowing that person. From then on, you have to depend on other factors.
1. Proximity. No one falls in love with someone who's always away from them. Jack and Liz got to know one another in these movies.
2. Similarity. Jack and Liz are peas in a pod.
3. Attraction. This one is hard to explain, but basically, the odds are that you end up with someone on the same attractiveness level as yourself. Liz is gorgeous. Jack is gorgeous and they obviously attract each other.
4. Same values. Opposites attract but don't stay together. Jack and Liz have both shown they have their dark sides, but they both essentially want to do the right thing and they usually agree to what the right thing is.
5. Readiness. Are you both ready to be in a long-term relationship? This one is a little iffy for me, because I'm not sure that Liz is just yet. I think Jack is done falling in love. He's landed pretty hard and has shown her how much she means to him. Movie 3 will tell us if Liz is really ready.
6. Reciprocity. Sounds common sense, but we love people who love us. Jack clearly loves Liz. Liz is clearly falling for him. Everyone can tell how it delights them just being with the other because the other turns them on and offers insight to the other.

So based on what the experts say, I'd say they would last.

horselover4eva
I think Jack and Liz will stay together and have kids!
Jack wouldn't betray her!!!

LovelyOne
Jack never intentionally tries to hurt those he cares for..so I cant ever imagine him hurting someone he loves.

also Willofthewisp..totally agree as usual.

I think Liz has got as far as accepting her feelings for Jack by the time the movie ends..just as it closes smile

ivebeendepped43
frick hhes ssexxi! more pix of Johnny, plz!! lol

akanai
I think he's changed. He's more mature now. He won't betray her 'cause he doesn't want to hurt her. He's a good man, remember that wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.