My car is dead!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lana
So my car died on me yesterday when I was about 45 minutes from home sad I was on a very busy street with very heavy traffic waiting at a red light; it turned green, I put my foot on the gas pedal, and suddenly there's steam pouring out from under the hood and the temperature gauge skyrockets, and my car starts stalling. I was very luckily right next to a gas station, so I was able to pull into there before it died completely (if it had died totally while on that road it probably would have caused an accident).

So I turn off the car and pop the hood, and my brother goes to look at it.

The radiator exploded. As in, quite literally, part of it burst out and there's a rather large hole in it right under the cap for it.

So we get the car pushed into an actual parking space, and I call my mom to get the number for our roadside assistance thing, and then call and they order a tow truck for us so we can get my car home. The truck was supposed to take 45 minutes.

It took four hours for it to get there.

And now I have to pay to get my radiator replaced, which will probably cost me a couple hundred dollars, and I have no way of getting anywhere until my car is fixed! And since it happened so suddenly, I'm just really hoping there's not some larger problem that caused it to just burst like that. Because that would be bad.

I want my car fixed cry

Barker
Poor you. weep

Roland
My car is hanging on by a thread to. sad

Lana
This is the first problem I've ever had with this car...stupid thing always ran absolutely perfectly until yesterday.

Roland
Do you treat your car bad b/c if you don't feed him gasoline everyday and wash him off he will do sh*t like that.

no expression

~QueenOfSpades~
That really sucks. I'm sorry, Lana! Hopefully everything will be ok with it after this!! My mom's car is so old it's kinda falling apart! laughing out loud

Barker
Originally posted by Roland
Do you treat your car bad b/c if you don't feed him gasoline everyday and wash him off he will do sh*t like that.

no expression
tohslaugh

Lana

no expression

no expression ermm

I do know how to take care of a car...

Barker

no expression
I can't stop laughing at this, and I don't know why. no expression ermm

Roland
Originally posted by Lana
no expression ermm

I do know how to take care of a car...

I was just kidding. sad

Originally posted by Barker
I can't stop laughing at this, and I don't know why. no expression ermm

I failed. no expression

Maple Sugar
So my car died on me yesterday when I was about 45 minutes from home sad I was on a very busy street with very heavy traffic waiting at a red light; it turned green, I put my foot on the gas pedal, and suddenly there's steam pouring out from under the hood and the temperature gauge skyrockets, and my car starts stalling. I was very luckily right next to a gas station, so I was able to pull into there before it died completely (if it had died totally while on that road it probably would have caused an accident).

The radiator exploded. As in, quite literally, part of it burst out and there's a rather large hole in it right under the cap for it.

So we get the car pushed into an actual parking space, and I call my mom to get the number for our roadside assistance thing, and then call and they order a tow truck for us so we can get my car home. The truck was supposed to take 45 minutes.

And now I have to pay to get my radiator replaced, which will probably cost me a couple hundred dollars, and I have no way of getting anywhere until my car is fixed! And since it happened so suddenly, I'm just really hoping there's not some larger problem that caused it to just burst like that. Because that would be bad.

I want my car fixed cry

my god that sucks no

Impediment
Damn. Hope you get your ride repaired, or get another one that won't explode. I know the feeling, though. When I was in the Army, stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas, me and my buddies rode in my car, a '97 Pontiac Firebird, to go to 6th Street in Austin. We had a night of debauchery, alcohol, sluts, and some recreational substances. Suffice to say, we had a lot of fun. BTW, in case some you are wondering, yes, we had a designated driver....................he only drank light beer. Anyway, as we're making the 70+ minute trek from Austin to Killeen (the city where Ft. Hood is located) my goddamn fuel injector goes out on my Firebird. We were stranded for about 90 minutes before the tow truck we called came, only after it began to rain cats & dogs about 45 minutes earlier. We had to pool all of our remaining money together to get a taxi to come get us and when we finally get back to Killeen, one of the rear tires on my car pops. Truly, it was the cherry on top of a wild night. BTW, it cost me over $200 to get my car fixed. I traded it in 2 weeks later for a Ford Focus hatchback.

PandoraMomo
Poor Twinkie...
You know if you ever need a ride you can call me. as long as you bribe me with boobies....

PeterGriffin
Give it CPR ermm

Impediment
Originally posted by PandoraMomo
as long as you bribe me with boobies....

Boobies should be currency.

PandoraMomo
Originally posted by Impediment
they should. Life would be very happy with boobie currency..
you had a hatchback? Wow, I can't picture you in one of those.

PeterGriffin
Bill Gates will be poor.

Impediment
you had a hatchback? Wow, I can't picture you in one of those.

Why is that, exactly? stick out tongue Contrary to popular belief, the Focus Hatchback is very spacious and comfortable to men of tall and large stature like me. As much as I would have loved to have owned a "Manly" Ford F-150, the Red Tick, as I lovingly called it, did it's job beyond expectation.

Impediment
Behold the Red Tick:

TOH
*Gives Lana a ride*
http://www.smilieworld.net/smilies/auto_smilies_car_smiley/auto6.gif

PandoraMomo
Why is that, exactly? stick out tongue Contrary to popular belief, the Focus Hatchback is very spacious and comfortable to men of tall and large stature like me. As much as I would have loved to have owned a "Manly" Ford F-150, the Red Tick, as I lovingly called it, did it's job beyond expectation.
I love my focus, and most of my male friends who have driven in it have agreed that it was very roomy. The only time i had a complaint is when there were three people in the back and my friend chris was by the window when i made very sharp turns. But I just dont like the way the hatchback looks. I love the four door. The hatchback just looks... odd.

Impediment
The Hatchback has great dynamics for woofers in the trunk. I had great sounds bumping out of The Tick, along with superior bass quality.

PandoraMomo
The Hatchback has great dynamics for woofers in the trunk. I had great sounds bumping out of The Tick, along with superior bass quality.
I think all of the foci have amazing sounds systems. The standard system I have is more than great. I can barely even have my bass past half without being repremanded by our local law enforcement officials. And that in an area where it is not abnormal to hear really loud bass blocks away.

Impediment
I think all of the foci have amazing sounds systems. The standard system I have is more than great. I can barely even have my bass past half without being repremanded by our local law enforcement officials. And that in an area where it is not abnormal to hear really loud bass blocks away.

I agree. However, my speakers were JL Audio and Pioneer with separate amps and two 12 inch woofers for a total of about $3,100. The cops in my town ache to catch a guy with loud speakers. I had to be verrrrrrrrrry careful not to get pulled over and cited.

Barker
You said boobies. tongue_ss

Roland
boobies droolio

Leo.M

I want my car fixed cry

Once you get it fixed, sell it. If it broke down on you just like that, then that car is no good.

Tptmanno1
hehe,
sucks to be lana...
But we all love her anyway.

Noble Strong
lesson learned check the hood and the engine of the car.

Lana
Originally posted by Leo.M
Once you get it fixed, sell it. If it broke down on you just like that, then that car is no good.

This is the first problem I've ever had with this car. Nor can I afford a new one. So no, I will not be selling this one.

Maple Sugar
This is the first problem I've ever had with this car. Nor can I afford a new one. So no, I will not be selling this one.

how about...sell your house for the car repairment eek!

ThePittman

PandoraMomo
I agree. However, my speakers were JL Audio and Pioneer with separate amps and two 12 inch woofers for a total of about $3,100. The cops in my town ache to catch a guy with loud speakers. I had to be verrrrrrrrrry careful not to get pulled over and cited.
If i could justify doing anything to my system i would do what you did, but seeing as how I already have to watch myself witht he bass, It would cost me alot in tickets. The only think Im planning on doing is puttin in an adapter to play my Ipod in the car.

boobies droolio
Boobies are yummy

Dont abandom Twinkie! I've probably had more problems with Max than you've had with Twinkie, but I still kept her until I had no choice but to abandon her.

Lana

Kongu_Dude
Poor you....herbdate

Lana
Oooh, flowers!

So, according to my mom, I won't have my car fixed for at least a week. She said that it's going to take at least five days for the parts to get in...crap no expression

WrathfulDwarf
If your car got overheated there are a few reasons why:

Radiator is leaking.
Radiator Hoses need to be change.
Fan stop working.
Need to replace the radiators cap.

Either one of those must have happen. Make sure to get a mechanic's estimate before repairs. If it's less than $200.00 to get it fix it's worth it. I had this problem before with an old Ford. Your car is not dead yet. Ride the bus for now...

Lana
The radiator wasn't leaking before it blew up, and all the hoses and the cap are fine. My step-dad was thinking it's something with the fan, which I don't think would be too expensive a fix?

At any rate, as this is the first and only problem I've ever had with this car, and I love it to death because only my dream car would be a better match for me, I'm not giving up on it and I'm gonna shell out the money to get it repaired.

Not much in the way of public transportation here, though, I'm relying on my mom and grandfather for now, and I think that after today Momo will own my soul stick out tongue

ladygrim
Poor you. weep sad sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.