Krasny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Biscuit
anyone heard of this
http://www.krasny.co.uk/krasnyintro.htm

i saw the actual dvd in my philosophy class and was intrigued.

what do you all make of it?
what is krasny?

Shakyamunison
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Inverted spectrum is the apparent possibility of two people sharing their colour vocabulary and discriminations, although the colours one sees are systematically different from the colours the other person sees.

Once this possibility is allowed there appears to be no evidence that could bear on whether we do see colours the same way, and many philosophers of mind have found it important to deny that it is a real possibility.

This is all I could find.

Biscuit
yes thats inverted spectrum, but thats not the same thing as krasny.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Biscuit
yes thats inverted spectrum, but thats not the same thing as krasny.

Well if inverted spectrum does not exist, then how can krasny be real?

Biscuit
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Well if inverted spectrum does not exist, then how can krasny be real?

what makes you say that inverted spectrum does not exist?

you ask how krasny can be real, tho we have not yet established what krasny is...

"does their word krasny mean a state of mind of the perceiver, or the state of their brain, or a frequency of light, or something else?"

Atlantis001
By what I have understood, kransy is the sensation of the color 'red' in the way it is perceived by the observer. But the sensation can be different if people see colours differently of each other, maybe red for one is blue or violet to another. For me, to ask what krasny is the same to ask what color is considering that different people can perceive colors differently.

I think that the definition of color is limited to the way we perceive them, so it is better to define colors as different wavelenghts of eletromagnetic radiation, since if we talk about the sensation color there will be contradictions.

Talking about the sensation of color would be a metaphysical thing then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.