A new book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fëanor
check it out!!! eek!

clickclickclick

fini
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know a bunch of people who ***** and ***** cause Christopher edited the history of middle earth books, omg they are gonna have a fit.

Personally They should leave the Middle earth series ALONE.

coolmovies
ya i agree with you there

Hammad Ahsan
Yes, well, I read about it and am excited about it as I found Turins Tradgety a heart wrenching story.

ESB -1138
He spent 30 years on it so it better be good. It better not depend on the Lord of the Rings for success.

Fëanor
I think Christopher saw the success of Brian Herbert's continuation of his father Frank Herbert's "Dune" series, and felt it the right time or something like that to do the same.

bogen
thats good news

Council#13
Wow.... just when I thought we'd never see another Tolkien book published. Not that that's a bad thing, that is.

Fëanor
well, he's got some serious shoes to fill, as there are a lot of fans with high expectations.

Tempest

aniron
CAN'T GET IT!!!! WHAT IS IT???

Thorin
Finally, real great news for us Tolkien fans!
Chris Tolkien gave us The master piece "The Silmarillion", good expectations with this one about the sons of Hurin!.

Fëanor
Originally posted by aniron
CAN'T GET IT!!!! WHAT IS IT??? that link has been taken down i guess. but read Thorin's post...that's what it is.

Thorin
I have read this new book is almost all JRR Tolkien writtings!!!
And the stories are about the cursed sons of Hurin, we can already read a part in The Silmarillion and its one of the best stories of The Silmarillion!!
More Turin Turambar, Morwen, Niniel, and all that.
Yes, something like the Silmarillion Happy Dance

Exabyte

A.D. Skinner
No matter where it is gathered from, I think that being a addition to the story of Middle Earth is something that a lot of people would surely have a lot of interest in.

By the way...Hi Exa! big grin

Exabyte
Hey AD happy

Yes, I suppose this might be interesting for a wider audience as the lack of "too many names" and "too many years" (as some say of the Silmarillion) will make this book a lot easier and more continuous to read (ignoring the comments...), more like a "real book" like the Hobbit or LOTR

Slyððering
This made me excited when I first heard it. Now I'm slightly apprehensive. smile

The Silmarillion: He opened up his father's mythological genius to the world. It was this book which made me fall truly in love with Tolkien. And, for those who dislike CT's role as editor, (perhaps worrying that his influence over the work would distort his father's original), read the HoME Series: You'll quickly come to sympathize with CT, and realize that he did an absolutely brilliant job, considering the vast amount of work that he had to arrange into a (somewhat) consistent storyline. Rant over.]

Mace Skywalker
...what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.