The Bionic Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS

Soleran
Wow, thats just awesome. The nervous system is a tough nut to crack and to establish movement with thoughts through to a mechanical device is fantastic.

smoker4
Its amazing what they can do nowadays

PVS
the part i find truly amazing is how they apparently figured out how to trick the brain into feeling sensation in the hand.

smoker4
Maybe the brain hasn't let go completely of the missing arm, I've heard many times of amputees complaining of itches or pain in the limb that they have lost?

PVS
Originally posted by smoker4
Maybe the brain hasn't let go completely of the missing arm, I've heard many times of amputees complaining of itches or pain in the limb that they have lost?

phantom limb syndrome

i heard an interesting case where someone lost a hand, but felt constant pain coming from the empty void that was once his hand. apparently the last sensation to register in his brain was the feeling of his hand grasping so tightly that his fingernails dug into the flesh of his now nonexistant palm...anyway that feeling stayed with him.

what they did was have him put both his hand and the handless forearm into a mirrored box, giving the illusion that both his hands were there. he was then instructed to grasp both his hands tightly and then release the grasp. apparently it worked as his brain was tricked visually into feeling his phantom limb operate.

ADarksideJedi
The kind of things they put in the paper these days!Well it is interesting what so ever!its Jackie btw had to rejoin this site.JM Happy Dance

PVS
its almost time for me to commit jibberish password suicide sad

botankus
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
The kind of things they put in the paper these days!Well it is interesting what so ever!its Jackie btw had to rejoin this site.JM Happy Dance

This has to be a hoax.

If not, the Darling of KMC has finally grown up. *sighs* wow, I feel like I helped to raise the child myself. I even helped in her dissertation on Internet Psychology.

Lumanix
The kind of things they put in the paper these days!Well it is interesting what so ever!its Jackie btw had to rejoin this site.JM Happy Dance Sock. Reported.

botankus
Oh, so that's whob? Yeah, kind of figured he would try to come back as JM. Who wouldn't want to?

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Lumanix
Sock. Reported.

I am who I say I am.Go ahead and report me.Nice to see you guys too.jm

botankus
I am who I say I am.Go ahead and report me.Nice to see you guys too.jm

Definately a sock. The real JM wouldn't know what a sock was.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by botankus
Definately a sock. The real JM wouldn't know what a sock was.

Actly I do.It is someone saying they are someone they are not.However I forgot my stupid password and had to use this name to start all over again.jm cool

Soleran
Well thats just peachy, PVS posts up an interesting thread and it gets botched up on the first page.

There are also companies out there currently that can manufacture small exoframes to assist elderly folks in movement. Althought not as cool as this especially in how it relates to the nervous system and use of the device its neat to see where scinece takes us.

Robtard
Sweet, another leap and bound for science and technology... Give it a few more decades and we will have 'Steve Austin' capability.

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS
phantom limb syndrome

i heard an interesting case where someone lost a hand, but felt constant pain coming from the empty void that was once his hand. apparently the last sensation to register in his brain was the feeling of his hand grasping so tightly that his fingernails dug into the flesh of his now nonexistant palm...anyway that feeling stayed with him.

what they did was have him put both his hand and the handless forearm into a mirrored box, giving the illusion that both his hands were there. he was then instructed to grasp both his hands tightly and then release the grasp. apparently it worked as his brain was tricked visually into feeling his phantom limb operate.

According to harpercollins site 70% still feel various sensation, PLS demonstrates that the brain fights to restore normality after the body is mutilated through injury. We do not fully understand the origins of all human sensations.

Source

confused messed no expression wacko

Lumanix
I am who I say I am.Go ahead and report me.Nice to see you guys too.jm ugonnagetbanned.lmix

Fishy
Heard about it, great how they managed to pull that one off, science really does great things.

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
phantom limb syndrome

What about the guy who had an orgasm in his missing foot?

By the way, Jackie Malfoy wouldn't respond to the thread like this. She would always say something and then never return.

Quiero Mota

PVS
Originally posted by FeceMan
What about the guy who had an orgasm in his missing foot?

By the way, Jackie Malfoy wouldn't respond to the thread like this. She would always say something and then never return.

i think its her....saddly

Mr Parker
its obviously her.man I cant believe you giys could be this ignorant to not see the obvious that this is her,btw,go ahead and be as ignorant as you want to report her,she never was banned and she's not socking.I knew jackie very well and she is not the type who would sock.just like she said,she lost her password so she had to reregister. roll eyes (sarcastic) just as long as she doesn post under jackie malfoy shes doing nothing wrong.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Mr Parker
its obviously her.man I cant believe you giys could be this ignorant to not see the obvious that this is her,btw,go ahead and be as ignorant as you want to report her,she never was banned and she's not socking.I knew jackie very well and she is not the type who would sock.just like she said,she lost her password so she had to reregister. roll eyes (sarcastic) just as long as she doesn post under jackie malfoy shes doing nothing wrong.

Thank you parker.I been reported and got it all figure out by storm.So I am fine.I don't leave after a debate,No worrys about that.THanks parker.jm

Lumanix
Thank you parker.I been reported and got it all figure out by storm.So I am fine.I don't leave after a debate,No worrys about that.THanks parker.jm roflruserious thanks.lmix

botankus

Agreed. Plus, in the last days before her demise, she was exclusively posting in the OTF. Also, did anyone figure out about the January 2003 register date? This is not her.

Thank you parker.I been reported and got it all figure out by storm.So I am fine.I don't leave after a debate,No worrys about that.THanks parker.jm

JM does not use complicated words like "debate." She never egged anyone on about abandoning a debate, for she was never involved in one b/c, as Fece said, she would always read the 1st post, ignore everything else in the thread, and then leave.

JaehSkywalker
bout the BW>> weird but cool..

PVS
if its not JM, then its someone saddly obsessed with her to follow her same twisted pattern of speech...text...however i've dignified her enough...topic

Mr Parker
Botankus your not listening.didnt you even bother to read her last post,its obviously her.geez. roll eyes (sarcastic)

grey fox
Botankus your not listening.didnt you even bother to read her last post,its obviously her.geez. roll eyes (sarcastic)

..and yet. No one cares Parker.

Perhaps one to many 'Man-spider/Kill Rami / Organic speeches has dulled your skills at convincing people your right when in-fact your wrong ?

FeceMan
You're an idiot.

Go cry more about organics.

(I see that was already mentioned.)

debbiejo
*thinks..where we be 30 years from now with our speeding technology*

Mr Parker
Originally posted by grey fox
..and yet. No one cares Parker.

Perhaps one to many 'Man-spider/Kill Rami / Organic speeches has dulled your skills at convincing people your right when in-fact your wrong ?

sorry dude I am right YOU and faceman are wrong and in denial on that.besides he ignored other peoples posts like jackies and PVS'S as well so your point is stupid like your points always are.

PVS
and this is relevant to the topic becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause...........??

Lumanix
I just had multiple consecutive orgasms. Keep up the good work.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by PVS

no its not,thats why it was an idiotic comment for him and feceman to be making,they cant get over an argument I had with them years ago.pretty sad huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
Originally posted by PVS

debbiejo
Go cry more about organics.

I like organic food......cry

grey fox
no its not,thats why it was an idiotic comment for him and feceman to be making,they cant get over an argument I had with them years ago.pretty sad huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure , were sad. So how goes the pointless whining about a small detail in a comic book film with a pg13 rating hmmm ?

PVS
Originally posted by PVS

Storm
Can we move along now, and play nice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.