My Fantastic Four Script

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Universe
Well some of it. I have 3 or 4 scenes so far. I need your opinions..

FADE IN

We are immediately drawn into the deep, black abyss that is space. The narrator begins to tell a story of a fledgling universe. This narrator is UATU the watcher.

In the beginning there was nothing (pause) or so we are lead to believe. Since the end of the previous existence- all life, both matter and anti-matter had been destroyed in the cataclysmic event known now only as the Big Crunch. All life had been destroyed; that is with the exception of the being called Galan. YOU may know him as Galactus. Galactus is a primal being forged from the very essence of existence and is essential to all that is. He however is a being whose insatiable hunger results in the chaotic demise of worlds and ultimately lives. He goes from star to star, and planet to planet devouring worlds. A new planet has caught the mighty Galactus's eye; it is a planet known far and beyond only as Earth.

TITLE

Sn 1 (Fade In) Baxter Building.

Johnny is playing a video game version of the Fantastic Four on an X-Box 360

Johnny: I've got to say, they did a good job on my character. I mean, just look at that perfect jaw structure. "Flame on!". Hell yeah.

Ben glances over at him

Ben: Now if only they programmed your character with an ego, then we'd all be set.

Johnny: Look Ben-ji, your character can't open a door. Yup, remarkably life-like.

Ben: Shaddup

Before the argument can continue, newlyweds Reed and Sue Richards walk through the door. They are wearing attire suited for the tropics. Reed takes off his New York Yankees hat and sets it on the table. Johnny switches off the game.

Reed: I see you two have been getting along. I could hear your love for eachother from the 2nd floor.

Sue: He isn't kidding. (Looks at Johnny) So, how's my darling little brother doing?

Ben: What, no love for moi (pronounces it- moy)?

Johnny: It pronounced moi rockhead, and believe me when I say you have a face not even a mother would love

Ben looks at Johnny threateningly.

Ben (grumbling, under his breath): I'm gonna kill him one day

Johnny: I'm sorry, what was that? I don't speak rockpeople.

Ben now moving closer as if to hit Johnny. Sue put up an invisible barrier between them

Reed: Do you two children ever stop

Both Ben and Johnny: He started it!!

Reed: I guess not

Something is on the news regarding strange weather changes in the atmosphere.

Reed: Turn the t.v up

Johnny: A 'please kind sir would you turn up the t.v" would do just find next time. (turns the t.v volume up)

Sue: Shhhh...(Johnny looks incredulously at her)

News Lady: Meteorologists have noticed erratic changes in the earth's mesophere and stratosphere recently. Most scientists believe we are entering a cyclical phenomenon that has been going on for eons, and have little to worry about, quote, but a minority of scientists believe that it may be simply more than meets the eye, or a billion dollars worth of technology anyway. Dr. Bruce Banner had this to say

A clip of Dr. Bruce Banner is shown on t.v

Dr. Banner: I think this "phenomenon" deserves more attention than we are giving it. I cannot label it as merely a cyclical event, because we are reading uncharted ionic levels and extremely high doses of radiation. My colleagues claim they are overreacting solar flares. I believe it is something else. Something more along the lines of a galactic storm.

The News Channel cuts off the clip

News Lady: Dr. Banner had that to say earlier this morning.

Johnny turns off the t.v. There is suddenly a more serious tone in the room.

Sue: I wonder what this means?

Reed: I'll have to do research of my own. I'll be in the Observatory if anyone needs me.

Fade Out

Mr. Universe
FADE IN

Baxter Building- Observatory

Reed Richards sits in deep thought pondering the words of Dr. Banner. He stares pensively at the panel, his face suggesting both confusion and anxiety. He looks quizzically upon the guage that measures stratospheric temperature. It is fluctuating rapidly. He also notices that the permeation of gamma rays into the tophosphere has increased. All the while he is taking notices

Reed (to himself): Hmmm...that's odd. I haven't noted gamma levels as high as this since the Banner incident. I can only hope it's a coincidence that he appeared on t.v today. We wouldn't want a green rampaging beast storming through Manhattan at this time of the day.

Turns to another panel, and peruses through the buttons

Reed (to himself): I suspect the increased presence of gamma radiation is being caused by electron-positron annihilation. But then it begs the question: is it natural or man-made?

Sue Storm bursts through the door. Reed appears to be slightly annoyed at her instrusion.

Sue: Talking to yourself again Reed? (laughs) Here's some coffee for you Mr. Richards.

Reed: Sue, I'm kind of busy now. If you would be so kind as to set it down by the counter of there.

Sue returns the annoyed glance. She places the coffee on the table, walks to the door, gives him another look and storms out, slamming the door behind her.

Reed walks to the the Observatory Telescope, a multi-million dollar investment whose capabilities exceed that of anything fathomed by NASA. He focuses the telescope deep into the heart of space. He monitors the screen that is linked to the telescope while sipping his coffee. It's quite hot. He stares at the screen for minutes, time fading by when suddenly the monitor starts to beep.

He reads what is on the screen with awe, trying to grasp the finality of what he is reading.

"Unidentifiable Object Located in the Thermosphere. Composition: Possibly Silver, giving off high levels of cosmic energy"

As fast as the object appears, it dissappears. He stares at the monitor in complete and utter bafflement.

"Object speed: 299,432,216 m/s"

Reed (to himself): Incredible that's almost at the speed of light.

FADE OUT

Scene 3. Downtown Manhattan

FADE IN

Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm are walking through downtown Manhattan with a grocery list in Ben's hand. He is wearing a brown trenchcoat. Johnny is wearing a casual shirt, khaki shorts and shades.

Ben: Why do we have to go and shop? Y'know, I'm tired of being of being bossed around by your sistuh.

Johnny: My sweet simple Ben. Every Super-Hero team has it's cute but loveable idiot. The X-Factor have Strong Guy, the X-Men have Colossus, the Three Stooges have Curly, and we have...you.

Ben: Whatever wise-guy, I still don't know what I'm doing in downtown Manhattan holding a grocery list for crying out loud.

Johnny: I don't know why you're wearing a trenchcoat in 90 degree weather.

They arrive at the grocery store. People stare at Ben making him feel uncomfortable.

Ben: I hate the frickin' stares.

Johnny: Me too. But I mean, it's tough when you look this good.

Ben: (grumbles) Cute stuff fire-fly.

Johnny (laughs): Okay, so Sue said to get some Lasagna Sheets, Tomato Sauce and Minced Meat.

Ben: What no Ravioli?

Johnny: Eh, no. I'm gonna get the three items on this list and....wait, does she think we're idiots. There's only three items on the list. I could have memorized that. It's probably because I hang around you too much.

Ben: And the fact that if you screw it up she'd probably choke you to death with a force-field bubble. And we love you too much for that to happen.

Johnny: I'm touched.

They arrive at the counter with the items.

Female Clerk: Thank you. That will be $5.20.

Looks up at them. Puts her hands on her face, mouth wide open, taking in their celebrity.

F. Clerk: Oh...My...God...

Johnny looks around arrogantly, as if to take in her praise.

Johnny: Ah, yes. I know, I know. I can't believe it either.

F. Clerk: Oh my God it's...

Johnny expecting to finish her sentence.."Johnny"..

F. Clerk: Ben Grimm!!

Johnny: What?

Ben: What?

F. Clerk: I love you so much Ben. Can I get your autograph?

Ben: Sure thing kiddo.

Tries to grab a pen, but crushes it. Grabs a very large marker instead and gives her the autograph on a piece of paper.

Johnny: I...don't believe what just happened.

Ben: I guess you're losing a little heat.

Johnny: Funny...

They step outside of the store, only to see the skies unaturally blackened. They stare up at the sky, only to see a sillouhette with a silverish outline.

FADE OUT

Mr. Universe
FADE TO Baxter Building

Reed is aware of the impending danger and tries to alert the rest of the team via telecom. Ben and Johnny are still in front of the grocery store, while Sue is the the recreational facility located in the Baxter Building.

Reed: Team, I'm sure you've realised that something isn't right
already.

Johnny: If that isn't the understatment of the decade...

Reed: Wait, Johnny you mean you have a visual on what's going on?

Johnny: More like front row seats. It's crazy out here, Doc.

Reed: Johnny, since you don't have the Fantastiflare with you, you'll have to use your powers to give us your present location.

Johnny: Uh, how about 31st and Lexington.

Reed: That will do

Johnny: And I thought you were supposed to be the genius. Storm out.

He severs the connection.

Reed: Sue, I need you here ASAP.

Sue: Oh, now you want to talk to me.

Reed: I'm sorry hon, but we really don't have time for this. I believe that the fate of the universe may be compromised if we don't act soon

CUT TO 31st and Lexington

The Silohouette is now visible. Beyond the clouds coming majestically is a radiant being, emblazoned in silver seeming to shine like the very sun itself. A being known to the celestial world as the SILVER SURFER. He comes riding down on his surfboard of which he has a telepathic and telekenetic link with. This cosmic being can be seeing from various places in the Northern Hemisphere, so much so that people confuse this event as the 2nd coming of Christ. (Cut to scenes in countries where S.S is visible, and show people exclaiming "Christ" in various languages"wink

Cut back to 31st and Lexington

Johnny: Okay, so it's not a bird, and it's not a plane.....

Ben: Then what the hell is it?

Johnny: I'm not waiting to find out. FLAME ON!

Johnny Storm goes into flame form as if you challenge the Surfer.

Surfer descends quickly from the high altitudes in the blink of an eye. He doesn't even pay Johnny any mind.

Silver Surfer: Terrans. Earth Dwellars. I am Norrin Radd of the planet Zen-La, known to the gods and cosmos as the Silver Surfer. I am the herald of a powerful and mighty being known to those who need to know as Galactus. I found your tiny world while faring the farthest corners of your known universe. I have powers incomprehensible to the mightiest beings on your planet. I bring you not a warning, but a message- a message of doom and destruction for my master comes in 2 earth hours to devour all that is on this planet. Know that he does not hate you earth creatures, but he needs the abundance resources of your planet for sustinence. He is very weak and needs it to survive. I am hear to ensure he does just that.

Johnny flies towards him.

Johnny Storm: Pretty verbose speech for a talking stapler. If my chemistry serves me right, I know the melting point I need to melt your silver ass.

Silver Surfer: Your mention of chemistry is amusing fire creature. I can manipulate you with very little trouble. Behold!

Surfer takes all the fire from Johnny's body and holds it in the palm of his hand, in a boastful manner. Johnny falls to the ground.

Silver Surfer: Resistance, as you know, is futile.

Johnny is caught by thing. He is weakened by his ordeal.

Johnny: Thanks, Ben. Now all I need is some clothes.

Ben: Don't mention it kiddo. We're a team, no matter how much you piss me off. Listen tin-man, noone, and I mean noone messes with the kid apart from me. IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Silver Surfer accepts Thing's challenge and flies to the ground.

Surfer: As us wish Terran.

Thing cocks back his fist, and punches Surfer as hard as he can. No effect whatsoever. Surfer stands his ground and mocks him by yawning. Surfer then punches Thing 4 blocks away.

Surfer: It seems 2hrs is too long. Is there anyone else who wishes to stand in my way?

Enter Reed Richards and Sue Richards, wearing their team uniforms

Reed: Actually yes.

Surfer: So be it.

Sue: I hope you know what you're doing Reed.

Reed: Too late to answer that question

Reed pulls out a small, concealed weapon and fires a charged particle beam at Surfer. He could could have easily dodged it, but he absorbs it to show they have no effect on him.

Surfer: Fools, I AM energy. You'll have to do better than that "Reed".

Sue: Great, he's powerful and sarcastic. It's like Johnny with ten times as much power.

Reed: Try a hundred-thousand. His powers are reading like nothing I've ever seen before.

Surfer: Stop this idle talk, and prepare for your demise Terrans.

All the while news crews have gathered around, filming all that is going on.

Sue: I never knew the great Reed Richards would lose with an hour of preparation. Wait, how about I try cutting off his oxygen supply.

She places an invisible bubble over his head in an attempt to suffocate him. It has zero effect.

Surfer: Clever attack earth-woman, but of little effect to someone who can survive in the vacuum of space. Please, you begin to bore me. I think I should destroy you all now.

Reed: I hate to say it but there's very little we can do..

Sue: Watch out!!

Surfer sends beams of concussive force at Reed, which Sue deflects. He then fires some at her for her insolence. She reflects it back at him, knocking him down momentarily. This only angers him more. Surfer's eyes start to glow a bright red.

Surfer: Infidels. You presume to hurt me? Feel my wrath.

He sends a beam towards Reed with his left hand; Reed inflates his body into a donut shape, and the beam goes directly through him. Surfer then focuses his attention on Sue, thinking Reed defeated. He fires a long beam at her which she absorbs with an invisible barrier..he continues to fire the same beam, and as the seconds pass by, the barrier gets weaker and weaker.

Sue: R-R-R-eed...I-I-Need....

Reed: Save your breath honny.

Reed with the fully charged particle beam in his hand fires it at Surfer. She sheer momentum of the force knocks him into a bar; the same bar Alicia Masters happens to be in. All the people in bar have been watching the mayhem from inside in terror. They are frightened by Surfers presence. They all back into a corner.

Surfer facing the people in the bar

Surfer: Cowards! (He raises his hand as if to destroy them)

Alicia Masters: No!!

Surfer: And you are?

Alicia: I am a friend of the people you're fighting outside right now.

Surfer: Then you shall die with them.

Alicia: No, please. We don't mean any harm at all.

Surfer: It isn't a question of ethics, it's a question of survival for my master.

Alicia walks closer to him, showing no fear now

Alicia: What kind of master advocates the death of innocent lives? What kind of master has no compassion for human life? If there is an ounce of humanity in you, you will see that. I'm a good person, my friends are good people. Do we deserve this?

Surfer: The concept of good and evil mean little to me. They are vague concepts contrived by your feeble reality.

Alicia: Exactly. Our Reality. They mean something in our world. Good people don't deserve to die here. Look into your heart..if you have one.

Surfer looks intently at Alicia, then goes into a trance like state. He is using his telepathy to see the inner workings of her mind. He sees a past of hurt, of struggle and ultimate perseverance. He sees that her heart is incredibly pure. He puts his head down, almost shedding a tear. It reminds him vaguely of his life in Zenn-La.

Alicia: Please, sir..

She comes and touches his ice cold body. A perplexed look across her face.

Alicia: Please, spare our world.

Surfer walks out of the bar, Alicia following and then the rest of the people in the bar. Surfer looks into the heavens. The other people around him are confused by this.

Surfer: It it my Master......He comes.

Alicia puts her hand on his shoulder.

Alicia: Then help us, persuade him to spare our world.

Ben Grimm just arrives, and Johnny comes to his senses. They too stare at the Surfer confused.

Surfer: I'm afraid that isn't possible. There has only been one such encounter when my master spared a world. That was when I sacrificed myself to save my own planet, to become this emotionless being......He's here.

THE ENTIRE EARTH SHAKES. LOUD RUMBLES ARE HEARD ALL OVER THE WORLD

Fade Out

Mr. Universe
anyone read it? lol

Mr. Universe
Bah!

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by Mr. Universe
anyone read it? lol

I read it. It was great. smile

Grinning Goku
Nice work!

boriquaking55
Excellent work! A bit predictable at parts and occassionally the dialogue is wooden but I feel it has solid potential. I'm probably just being overly critical mang.

I'm willing to bet it's actually better than the actual FF2 script confused

Grinning Goku
Wouldn't be surprised.

Mr. Universe
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Excellent work! A bit predictable at parts and occassionally the dialogue is wooden but I feel it has solid potential. I'm probably just being overly critical mang.

Not at all son. Thanks for reading though.

nimbus006
Not bad at all, i especially like the build up to the arrival. You should see if maybe they can borrow some of your work for the movie. I know its been done before. Oh and one question thats meters per second that Silver Surfer is traveling at... correct? Because 299 million miles per second would be way beyond the speed of light. And another thing is Silver Surfer is traveling at that speed how does Reed see him?

nimbus006
One more thing... instead of making Galactus arrive in two hours why not let there be more time (like 3 days) so that there can be more of a conflict between the F4 and the Surfer, and it can give Reed some time to come up with a way to stop him. I suppose that would take too much time considering they plan on involving Dr. Doom in the plot as well.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by nimbus006
One more thing... instead of making Galactus arrive in two hours why not let there be more time (like 3 days) so that there can be more of a conflict between the F4 and the Surfer, and it can give Reed some time to come up with a way to stop him. I suppose that would take too much time considering they plan on involving Dr. Doom in the plot as well.

SS should be cold, completely detached from humanity. He also should be written to be unaware of the concept of earth-time. When he states how long it is before Galactus arrives, I hope for the sake of realism that he does not use earth-time units like hours or days. He should be unfamiliar with those concepts to make him truly alien

nimbus006
SS has knowledge of everything in the universe. Of course he knows about time. He is a scout for Galactus, I am sure he knows alot about Earth. Besides how does he know English and not know about time?

boriquaking55
Originally posted by nimbus006
SS has knowledge of everything in the universe. Of course he knows about time. He is a scout for Galactus, I am sure he knows alot about Earth. Besides how does he know English and not know about time?

I think in Marvel it's just assumed English is the standard universal language kind of like Basic in the Star Wars universe. He can very well be familiar with time - I meant just the units we use that he could be unfamiliar with. Plus if he knew everything in the universe beforehand like you state - he wouldn't have learn about human nature and concepts such as love like he had to in the comic book

PRAYERRUN
I love this script!! Only thing is i'm pretty sure thing could knock surfer on his butt a few times before surfer blasted him.....

PRAYERRUN
Yeah I kinda agree with that. But otherwise, great work!!! I do like the idea of making it 3 days instead of 2 hours though.

Wolverine2006
This is a great script...u shuld make it like 3 days

Madvillain
lmfao....curiously, ive noticed some elements in this script that also appear in the most recent trailer of the movie....and yes, i actually did send this to tim story to look at in case you were wondering lol.

look at the date in which i posted this.

ragesRemorse
Reed: I'm sorry hon, but we really don't have time for this. I believe that the fate of the universe may be compromised if we don't act soon

sounds comic book enough for me

boriquaking55
after watching the latest trailer, Im kind of wishing they would have used your script, Mad.

DarkDethbringer
dude lol, I didnt knwo we were allowed to pst scripts ive started on my own batman script cause im pissed at Joel Schumacher.

But back to whats at hand, prty good Utua The Watcher is must of FF and most other comic book movies, liek in the next SPider-man Movie they should work in tons of other Marvel heroes/villains even ones thta arent prime SM villains.

and about that snippet or dialogue. he probably would have said Sue instead of 'hon' which should be hun

boriquaking55
had to give this some BUMPAGE in light of watching the actual film, I needed to point out that after watching FF2 - I can confirm that your script would have done the source much better justice. All the meaning and soul of the entire Coming of Galactus arc was lost in the actual movie. I don't have any clue how Marvel keeps approving of these scripts. They destroyed the entire purpose of the story arc by changing Galactus & Surfer into what they became in the film. Anyways, KUDOS.

Madvillain
Thanks a lot man. It's really appreciated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.