Computer error Ram

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dragonza
When booting up the computer beeps and throws out the following message.

"Ram R/W test failed press F4 to continue"

When I press F4 it continues loading as usual.

Can anyone tell me what this message reads.

Many thanks

Dragonza

Mišt
Eh....Im assuming RAM Read/Write test failed? What kind of comp are you running?

Speaking of RAM errors, I have 2gb in my mobo, and it ran with 2gb, but after I changed mobo when the old one died, it only reads 1.5gb erm

I've run checks with software and it still says 2gb, but in bios and all the inbuilt stuff says 1.5gbconfused

Dragonza
I am using Windows XP and have no idea what you are talking about.....I am really stupid.....did not know R/W meant read write I simply typed it the way the computer spits it out. Thanks for answering though much appreciated.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Dragonza
I am using Windows XP and have no idea what you are talking about.....I am really stupid.....did not know R/W meant read write I simply typed it the way the computer spits it out. Thanks for answering though much appreciated.

Windows XP is the operating system, we need to know the actual make of your computer.

Dragonza
Intel Pentium

Thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.