Havok/Polaris vs Gambit/Rouge vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
classic versions...

which couple takes it?

darthgoober
Havok/Polaris without much of a problem.

draxx_tOfU
how? conventional blasting?

SpunkySmurph
Gambit/Rogue ftw. Gambit can destroy buildings with his cards, and has superhuman reflexes, speed, etc. His kinetic abilities are capable of improving his normal limits for agility. He would be at least a match for Havok. And, he's a expert MA. I know, people like DD and Cap are better, but he's still no slouch.

And Rogue is... Rogue. Capable of doing lots of damage if you get within arms reach.

darthgoober
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
how? conventional blasting?
Yeah, it mostly comes down to supperior firepower. Even if Havok gives Gambit time to charge up a few cards, and then waits untill he throws them before he lets loose with a blast,his blast will dotonate the cards before they ever reach him. And Havok can produce a constant blast, so after the cards detonate, his plasma blast will continuse on target, and take Gambit out. Then it's he and Polaris agaist Rogue, And as fast and strong as Rogue is, there's a good chance Polaris culd take her solo, so the double team is overkill.

jrodslam
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Gambit/Rogue ftw. Gambit can destroy buildings with his cards, and has superhuman reflexes, speed, etc. His kinetic abilities are capable of improving his normal limits for agility. He would be at least a match for Havok. And, he's a expert MA. I know, people like DD and Cap are better, but he's still no slouch.

And Rogue is... Rogue. Capable of doing lots of damage if you get within arms reach.

Havok and Polaris easy. Havok may be able to do it alone and same for Polaris. You mention Gambit can destroy building with cards, well Havok can destroy a city district. Secondly, I wouldnt consider Gambit's reflexes and speed superhuman. More like peak or enhanced human.

Havok and Polaris 8/10.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah, it mostly comes down to supperior firepower. Even if Havok gives Gambit time to charge up a few cards, and then waits untill he throws them before he lets loose with a blast,his blast will dotonate the cards before they ever reach him. And Havok can produce a constant blast, so after the cards detonate, his plasma blast will continuse on target, and take Gambit out. Then it's he and Polaris agaist Rogue, And as fast and strong as Rogue is, there's a good chance Polaris culd take her solo, so the double team is overkill.

but gambit has reflexes and agility which he could use to evade the blast...and he wouldnt aim for havok's blast, he would aim at havok himself...

havok can produce a constant blast but it would drain him...

and rouge and polaris would not be just standing around waiting for the outcome of the gambit/havok fight...

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by jrodslam
Havok and Polaris easy. Havok may be able to do it alone and same for Polaris. You mention Gambit can destroy building with cards, well Havok can destroy a city district. Secondly, I wouldnt consider Gambit's reflexes and speed superhuman. More like peak or enhanced human.

Havok and Polaris 8/10.

isnt gambit's agility and reflexes part of his mutant power?

just asking...

jrodslam
isnt gambit's agility and reflexes part of his mutant power?

just asking...

I believe so. Hes naturally atheletic. Some say he can amp his stats such as agility via mutant powers, but im not sure about that.

draxx_tOfU
I believe so. Hes naturally atheletic. Some say he can amp his stats such as agility via mutant powers, but im not sure about that.

ok...

but what if rouge takes on havok and polaris on gambit?

i think rouge can k.o. havok and she also has flight which makes her a harder target...

darthgoober
but gambit has reflexes and agility which he could use to evade the blast...and he wouldnt aim for havok's blast, he would aim at havok himself... As good as Gambits reflexes and agility are,I don't see him being able to evade in the first couple seconds after he throw the cards (which is all it would take for Havok's blast to detonate the cards and reach Gambit). And besides, all Havok would have to do is make an arc motion with his blast, and then there's no way Gambit COULD evade.

havok can produce a constant blast but it would drain him... I don't mean an extended period of time, 30 or 40 seconds should be enough.

and rouge and polaris would not be just standing around waiting for the outcome of the gambit/havok fight...
But like I said, Gambit/Havok shouldn't last very long, and Polaris could hold her own against Rogue via flying metal objects from every angle.

jrodslam
ok...

but what if rouge takes on havok and polaris on gambit?

i think rouge can k.o. havok and she also has flight which makes her a harder target...

If Rouge can get in close and land a hit on Havok or grab him, she has a great chance of beating him. However, Havok only really needs a beam to her head and shes out. Also, unlike his brother Cyclops, Havok can shoot his blasts in differect directions at the same time, so that alone makes it harder for Rouge to dodge his beams.

Now with Polaris vs Gambit, ill just say that there is metal in our blood to where Polaris can manipulate it and knock Gambit out without even doing much harm to him.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by darthgoober
As good as Gambits reflexes and agility are,I don't see him being able to evade in the first couple seconds after he throw the cards (which is all it would take for Havok's blast to detonate the cards and reach Gambit). And besides, all Havok would have to do is make an arc motion with his blast, and then there's no way Gambit COULD evade.

I don't mean an extended period of time, 30 or 40 seconds should be enough.

But like I said, Gambit/Havok shouldn't last very long, and Polaris could hold her own against Rogue via flying metal objects from every angle.

uhm, doesnt gambit evade first and then throws the cards?

taking into consideration their personalities, havok doesnt start a fight with a city block leveling blast, and the more agile of the two usually mounts a defensive first...

also take note that gambit can throw the cards with startling accuracy WHILE dodging blasts...

not to say that gambit cant be tagged, but i dont see him getting one-shotted in the opening bell...

StyleTime
draxx_tOfU, while I wish I could say otherwise, Gambit is basically a non-factor here. His main problem is he has the least useful ranged attack here. In a comic with CIS on, he might be able to do something because noone will start the fight with a huge blast. Unfortunately, at full power, Havok or Polaris will probably make short work of him.

I'm a Gambit fan ( his powers at least), but even I know he isn't doing much here.

SpunkySmurph
Team 2 could win, if they get up close. And Gambit's moved mast enough not only to dodge beams, but to reflect/deflect them with his staff. I'm not saying he could do that here, but theres a big difference there. If Team 2 get's close enough to hit, then its game over for Team 1

kgkg
Polaris alone can win

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by StyleTime
draxx_tOfU, while I wish I could say otherwise, Gambit is basically a non-factor here. His main problem is he has the least useful ranged attack here. In a comic with CIS on, he might be able to do something because noone will start the fight with a huge blast. Unfortunately, at full power, Havok or Polaris will probably make short work of him.

I'm a Gambit fan ( his powers at least), but even I know he isn't doing much here.

ok...

can gambit charge the ground/floor that they're standing on?

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Team 2 could win, if they get up close. And Gambit's moved mast enough not only to dodge beams, but to reflect/deflect them with his staff. I'm not saying he could do that here, but theres a big difference there. If Team 2 get's close enough to hit, then its game over for Team 1
Okay, but they need to get close. Which Polaris alone could take care of not happening.

Metalmanx
classic versions...

which couple takes it?

Polaris 10/10.

Havok 10/10.

no expression

draxx_tOfU
neither of them alone will take it 10/10... no expression

jrodslam

They could.

Blair Wind
Havok does a full 360 degree blast emanating from his body (his omni blast)

Polaris changes their bloodflow (like she did when she was "insane" )

This couple wins 10/10

xmarksthespot
Polaris reverses their blood flow.

Brian Oswald
Polaris makes a shield and Havok does an omni blast and if that doesnt work Lorna gives them a stroke.

draxx_tOfU
cant rouge even get close to either of them to momentarily k.O. either of them by touching them?

Metalmanx

Err...yea they can. Do you know their powers?

Brian Oswald
cant rouge even get close to either of them to momentarily k.O. either of them by touching them?
How would she get close? You have two energy wielders that can shoot her out of the sky.

jrodslam

Because we're talking about classic versions here, Rouge is considerably faster than Havok and Polaris. She may have a chance of getting close, but the team doesnt stand much of a chance of winning more than a few times.

Les not underestimate Rouges durability here. She was the top powerhouse for the X-Men for a while lol. It would take a large blast from Havok to do her real harm, but Polaris would take rather easily.

Metalmanx

No.

SpunkySmurph
classic versions... team two starts an inch behind team one

which couple takes it?

Well, OBVIOUSLY you didn't see the starting condition stick out tongue

Team two ftw!!!!

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Err...yea they can. Do you know their powers?

just the basic stuff...

which is the purpose of this thread, y' know, to learn...

admittedly, havok/polaris take it, fine, individually, but 10/10?

xmarksthespot
Polaris has a sensory perception of magnetic fields. It takes but a thought to cause a stroke.

draxx_tOfU
Because we're talking about classic versions here, Rouge is considerably faster than Havok and Polaris. She may have a chance of getting close, but the team doesnt stand much of a chance of winning more than a few times.

Les not underestimate Rouges durability here. She was the top powerhouse for the X-Men for a while lol. It would take a large blast from Havok to do her real harm, but Polaris would take rather easily.

at least they can manage to scrape a win...

good enough for me... cool

Metalmanx
just the basic stuff...

which is the purpose of this thread, y' know, to learn...

admittedly, havok/polaris take it, fine, individually, but 10/10?

My apologies, friend. I meant no harm or disrespect.

But yes, with their specific power sets, Lorna or Alex could take this match by themselves.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Polaris has a sensory perception of magnetic fields. It takes but a thought to cause a stroke.

which deems her unbeatable to anyone who has blood in them?

lets say, thor, asgardians have a much more advanced physiological state than regular humans, do they have iron in their blood?

if so, can she manipulate them to cause him a massive stroke?

jrodslam
I have a quesation. How classic are we talking here? 90's or 80's?

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Metalmanx
My apologies, friend. I meant no harm or disrespect.

But yes, with their specific power sets, Lorna or Alex could take this match by themselves.

thanks, no problem...

draxx_tOfU
I have a quesation. How classic are we talking here? 90's or 80's?

uhm, before she became insane...

jrodslam
uhm, before she became insane...

Polaris went insane not to long ago. If this is 80's versions Gambit and Rouge have a better chance, but they still lose. If its 90's versions, Rouges chances are better, but Gambit is still the weak link here.

Rols
Havok and Polaris should win this couples fight, the fight harder and meaner...lol (I mean as a couple)

psy_blade
Polaris solos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.