Spider-Man vs. Doc Samson...With a Twist!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metalmanx
Same deal as before. Except this time Spidey can't cut Samson's hair.

Samson's hair is as long as it is in the previous scans.

Takes place in a deserted NYC.

Who wins?

lando005
spidy

tkitna
Samson, but I really dont want to get into this again.

marvelprince
Spidey still kicks his head in. The hair thing was only to end the argument quickly, but without resorting to that Spider-Man wins 6/10

wolvertooth
wolverineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wins

Metalmanx
...Is anyone else REALLY missing David_Richards recently?

Accel
I say Samson takes it. He's shown he can take blows from Class 100 and keep going. Since he's smarter than most, he'd figure out a thunderclap would be the best course of action to slow Spidey down.
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...Is anyone else REALLY missing David_Richards recently?
For all we know, that could be DR himself. But as annoying as his Wolverine rants are, at least his posts don't take up have the page.

lando005
spidy should still take the majority

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Accel
For all we know, that could be DR himself. But as annoying as his Wolverine rants are, at least his posts don't take up have the page.

Agreed.

Originally posted by lando005
spidy should still take the majority

And agreed.

galan7777777
spidey ftw

Accel
How would Spidey win without exploiting the hair weakness? His punches can't hurt Samson and Samson has ways of slowing him down or just outlasting him.

lando005
How would Spidey win without exploiting the hair weakness? His punches can't hurt Samson and Samson has ways of slowing him down or just outlasting him.
how so? spider-man doesnt have to exploit his weakness to beat him, he's very versital and there's countless things he can do to take him down, pletnty of other brisk withoug buiult in weaknesses got beat by spidey samson aint all that diffrent

Accel
how so? spider-man doesnt have to exploit his weakness to beat him, he's very versital and there's countless things he can do to take him down, pletnty of other brisk withoug buiult in weaknesses got beat by spidey samson aint all that diffrent
A few extra powers don't mean a whole lot when they don't have much affect on the his opponent.

He jumps around punching Samson, no damage is done. Under normal circumstances, I'd say SPidey would via using his claws to cut Samson's hair, but since that's gone, Spidey's chances decrease significantly.

Most other strong guys Spidey manages to take down via plot device, such as his recent clash with Absorbing Man. Samson's smarter than that to be taken down in asuch a way. He can just keep thunderclapping until Spider-man wears out.

Metalmanx
A few extra powers don't mean a whole lot when they don't have much affect on the his opponent.

He jumps around punching Samson, no damage is done. Under normal circumstances, I'd say SPidey would via using his claws to cut Samson's hair, but since that's gone, Spidey's chances decrease significantly.

Most other strong guys Spidey manages to take down via plot device, such as his recent clash with Absorbing Man. Samson's smarter than that to be taken down in asuch a way. He can just keep thunderclapping until Spider-man wears out.

Samson, while really strong, isn't strong enough to produce a completely effective thunder clap. Sure, it'd probably hurt, but it's not like Spidey's never fought somone while in lots of pain before.

Spidey can wear him down the way he wears down other bricks. He's got plenty of resources to utilize as well.

Spidey wins 6-7/10.

Accel
Samson seems to have more stamina than Spidey and Peter's definitetly going to be moving around a lot more than he is.

One thunderclap isn't going to do Spider-Man in, but several consecutive claps useful when trying to slow down a speedy opponent.

lando005

how are his ablities uneffective they've work on others with the same type of strenght and duriblity, the only real diffence is samson intelligance, he's a lot more cleaver and most importaintly level headed that most of the people spiderman figths but in now way immune to his blows, and it's the use of all of spidermans ablilities that makes him soo effective against stronger foes

lando005
Samson seems to have more stamina than Spidey and Peter's definitetly going to be moving around a lot more than he is.

One thunderclap isn't going to do Spider-Man in, but several consecutive claps useful when trying to slow down a speedy opponent.
i dont think samson has more stamina as spidy seeing how spidy is much more active during his fights and stays in such a state for long duriations of time, ur right about the tclaps

Accel
how are his ablities uneffective they've work on others with the same type of strenght and duriblity, the only real diffence is samson intelligance, he's a lot more cleaver and most importaintly level headed that most of the people spiderman figths but in now way immune to his blows, and it's the use of all of spidermans ablilities that makes him soo effective against stronger foes
How anyone can be damaged by a punch from someone a fifth as strong as they are is beyond me.

Any way, like I said, Spidey will naturally be dancing around Samson and punching at him. Of course, Samson has shown he can take punches form Hulk can keep going. Any one want to argue Spidey's punches are more effective than Hulk's?

Other options Spidey has include webbing and cloaking. Webbing will be torn like paper, cloaking is pointless, as the result will still be Spidey dancing around him.

Then it all comes back to the consecutive thunderclaps to slow Spidey down.

Metalmanx
How anyone can be damaged by a punch from someone a fifth as strong as they are is beyond me.

Any way, like I said, Spidey will naturally be dancing around Samson and punching at him. Of course, Samson has shown he can take punches form Hulk can keep going. Any one want to argue Spidey's punches are more effective than Hulk's?

Other options Spidey has include webbing and cloaking. Webbing will be torn like paper, cloaking is pointless, as the result will still be Spidey dancing around him.

The webbing will, in fact, be quite the asset. The raging, amped-up Hulk took a few seconds (I assume 5-10) to completely break free of Spidey's webs. Samson is definitely weaker. So he will be held a lot longer than Hulk was.

Spidey wins.

lando005

ok let me give you an example hyde for exmaple can go toe to toe with thor he's easily on par with samson spiderman was able to beat him with little to no difficulty at all ( the little difficulty came from the fact that spiderman had a sprained ankel at the time slowinng him down) spiderman proved to be quite effective there so i belive he would be very effective against samson it's not about the level of strength but how you utilize what you got

Accel
A few seconds won't make a difference. What's Peter going to do in that timeframe? Punch him some more?

Ultraman Baltan
Spiderman kills Doc.

Accel
ok let me give you an example hyde for exmaple can go toe to toe with thor he's easily on par with samson spiderman was able to beat him with little to no difficulty at all ( the little difficulty came from the fact that spiderman had a sprained ankel at the time slowinng him down) spiderman proved to be quite effective there so i belive he would be very effective against samson it's not about the level of strength but how you utilize what you got
Hyde's not that impressive. Dude knocked himself out just running into Thor who was just standing there. Daredevil took him down on one occasion.

Validus
Spidey one shots him.

Accel
Originally posted by Validus
Spidey one shots him.
Yeah..., but..., well..., dammit, I got nothin'. sad

lando005
Hyde's not that impressive. Dude knocked himself out just running into Thor who was just standing there. Daredevil took him down on one occasion. thier body types are pretty much the same

lando005
Originally posted by Validus
Spidey one shots him. dont think he could one shot him

Accel
thier body types are pretty much the same
Yes, Samson's is a great deal stronger and more durable. He definitely does a better job against upper bricks.

lando005
Yes, Samson's is a great deal stronger and more durable. He definitely does a better job against upper bricks. hyde is almost class 90 that's stronger that samson norm

Accel
I thought he was around Class 50. It seems to be considered an accomplishment when he survives a fight with top-tiers.

rotiart
I'm pretty sure your right that Hyde isn't on base hulks level.

lando005
hyde first started out as a thor villan and almost bested him in terms of strenght

Accel
He must be like Abomination then, where both were threats to their respective heroes in the beginning of their careers, but now they're merely seen as losers.

lando005
He must be like Abomination then, where both were threats to their respective heroes in the beginning of their careers, but now they're merely seen as losers. that's due to his short temper, i mean honestly the man is soo blinded by rage he beats himself, but his power is no joke

marvelprince
Pissed off Spider-Man lashed out at Rhino (before he became totally sucky) and hurt him with a flurry of punches and kicks. Spider-Man can definitely hurt Doc Samson

tkitna
Theres no use arguing. Its already been shown that characters that are three to four times weaker and less durable always take the win around here. A world wide threat,,,,we dont want characters like the Surfer, Thor, Hulk, or Sentry on the job. Heck no, we want Spiderman. Better yet, we better not take any chances, better get Frogman on the phone to take out the threat in a panel or less. Geez.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by tkitna
Theres no use arguing. Its already been shown that characters that are three to four times weaker and less durable always take the win around here. A world wide threat,,,,we dont want characters like the Surfer, Thor, Hulk, or Sentry on the job. Heck no, we want Spiderman. Better yet, we better not take any chances, better get Frogman on the phone to take out the threat in a panel or less. Geez.

Well now you're just being bitter.

Tassadar
Id have to go with Sanson on this one.

tkitna
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Well now you're just being bitter.

Your right. Sorry. smokin'

lando005
calm down man breath

marvelprince

Chill out. Whenever I say a wekaer character wins I always give reasons as to why. If Spider-Man hadn't already proven he could take it to the big guns then I wouldn't argue. Point is strength isn't everything

Accel
Originally posted by marvelprince
Pissed off Spider-Man lashed out at Rhino (before he became totally sucky) and hurt him with a flurry of punches and kicks. Spider-Man can definitely hurt Doc Samson
He's also hurt the likes Absorbing Man (the guy who could takes attacks from Odin) as well as Firelord (the uy who could take cosmic blasts).

His punches can apparently hurt any body. But like I said, unless he can punch harder than Hulk, his blows won't really do any thing to Samson.

tkitna
calm down man breath

Now i'm being called names from some zit nosed kid that probably gets picked on everyday at school. Is nothing sacred anymore?

lando005
Now i'm being called names from some zit nosed kid that probably gets picked on everyday at school. Is nothing sacred anymore? the onlyone doign namecalling here is you you know nothing about me so dont try to talk as if you do your the one getting butthurt cause your loosing the debate... real mature

tkitna
Mature? Your the one who resorted to the name calling.

Also, here's a clue,,,I wish you really knew how little I care about the debate. If I didnt work for 12 hours and browse the internet due to boredom, I wouldnt even have known this site existed.

As for the topic content,,,,,I realize Spiderman would win the majority of the battles (he sells all the books), but sometimes the feats that characters perform are just so overblown (ala him beating Hulk and Firelord) they need to be pointed out. So calm down little fella.

lando005
Mature? Your the one who resorted to the name calling.

Also, here's a clue,,,I wish you really knew how little I care about the debate. If I didnt work for 12 hours and browse the internet due to boredom, I wouldnt even have known this site existed.

As for the topic content,,,,,I realize Spiderman would win the majority of the battles (he sells all the books), but sometimes the feats that characters perform are just so overblown (ala him beating Hulk and Firelord) they need to be pointed out. So calm down little fella. when did i ever call you any names? i tend to be very respectful around here witch is more than i can say about you, i feel for ya with the 12 hour shifts i've been through a few does of thoes myself but dont go getting snippy with me beause of it, the spiderman firelord fight was more of a 1 time deal ment to show that even if firelord beats spidy 99/100 there's still that 1 time where spidy could take home the win

marvelprince
He's also hurt the likes Absorbing Man (the guy who could takes attacks from Odin) as well as Firelord (the uy who could take cosmic blasts).

His punches can apparently hurt any body. But like I said, unless he can punch harder than Hulk, his blows won't really do any thing to Samson.

Thats a bit of stretch don't you think? No one short of Hulk strength can hurt Samson?

PS. And tkitna I think there is a misunderstanding. I think Lando meant to say "Calm down man, breathe" but you interpreted as "Calm down, man breath". He wasn't calling you a name (if he was "man breathe" certainly would have not made any sense to me), he was just trying to tell you take it easy breathe. You owe each other apologies

Accel
Thats a bit of stretch don't you think? No one short of Hulk strength can hurt Samson?
I'm not using it to say someone like Thing or Colossus can't hurt him, but Spider-Man isn't nearly as strong as guys like those.

The fact of the matter is, if he can take a blow from Hulk can keep going strong for a long time, Spider-Man's punches will at best be a minor nuisance.

lando005

PS. And tkitna I think there is a misunderstanding. I think Lando meant to say "Calm down man, breathe" but you interpreted as "Calm down, man breath". He wasn't calling you a name (if he was "man breathe" certainly would have not made any sense to me), he was just trying to tell you take it easy breathe. You owe each other apologies your right sorry bout the type-o

marvelprince
I'm not using it to say someone like Thing or Colossus can't hurt him, but Spider-Man isn't nearly as strong as guys like those.

The fact of the matter is, if he can take a blow from Hulk can keep going strong for a long time, Spider-Man's punches will at best be a minor nuisance.

And why are you assuming that punching is the only way to take him down? For one he think he can do it ala how Northstar was able to hurt that Paulie even though he was supposedly invunerable cause he hit him many times super fast. I'm sure Spider-man could achieve something similar. He could also suffocate him with the webbing, or with the liquid metal of his costume. There's more than one way for Spider-man to win yet all I see for Samsons favor is that he fought the Hulk

Accel
And why are you assuming that punching is the only way to take him down? For one he think he can do it ala how Northstar was able to hurt that Paulie even though he was supposedly invunerable cause he hit him many times super fast. I'm sure Spider-man could achieve something similar.
The Hulk example was to show that Samson can easily take Spider-man's punches. Spidey MAY hurt him a little, but why any one would consider that a victory is beyond me. Spider-Man's punches would be about as effective as Cartman trying to fatally wound Kyle with a wifflebat...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE-8oWloI10

Samson may be hurt a little bit, but not nearly enough to lose consciousness from it.
He could also suffocate him with the webbing, or with the liquid metal of his costume. There's more than one way for Spider-man to win yet all I see for Samsons favor is that he fought the Hulk
Or Samson could just thunderclap a dozen times, slow Spidey down long enough for him to get his hands on him, and be done with it.

tkitna
Sorry Lando. Its all cool. I see now that it was a typo. Sorry for the retort.

lando005
Sorry Lando. Its all cool. I see now that it was a typo. Sorry for the retort. it's all good

Metalmanx
Hehe..."man-breath". laughing

marvelprince
The Hulk example was to show that Samson can easily take Spider-man's punches. Spidey MAY hurt him a little, but why any one would consider that a victory is beyond me. Spider-Man's punches would be about as effective as Cartman trying to fatally wound Kyle with a wifflebat...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE-8oWloI10

Samson may be hurt a little bit, but not nearly enough to lose consciousness from it.

Or Samson could just thunderclap a dozen times, slow Spidey down long enough for him to get his hands on him, and be done with it.

Where's this thunderclap thing coming from? Samson is only 70 tons. He's not strong enough to produce an effective thunderclap that will effect Spider-man. And doesn't his costume also have a sound filter so it won't even make noise much less rattle him. Or than thunderclapping (which I'd like for you to prove can be done btw) how does Doc win this? And you still didn't answer my question about Spider-Man suffocating him. What stops Spider-Man from going invisible, sneaking up behind Samson and choking him with the liquid metal of his costume (till he passes out)

Accel
Where's this thunderclap thing coming from? Samson is only 70 tons. He's not strong enough to produce an effective thunderclap that will effect Spider-man.
Based on what? Thing has produced a thunderclap that affected the X-Men. Classic She-Hulk produced a thunderclap that knocked down an entire Avengers roster. How much of a difference do you really think a few tons will make to one guy like Spidey?
And doesn't his costume also have a sound filter so it won't even make noise much less rattle him.
Not that I've ever heard of. However, t-clap is more than just sound. It also produces a powerful impact that knocks the victim down, maybe even with enough force to daze him.
Or than thunderclapping (which I'd like for you to prove can be done btw) how does Doc win this?
You really need proof Samson can pull off a thunderclap? Any super-strong brick can pull it off. Superman's done it. Hercules has used it before. Thing has done it. She-Hulk has done it. I think even Colossus has done it before.

All one really needs is two things: super-strength and the ability to slap their hands together.

The thunderclap is the easiest way for Samson to take Peter down, just as originally (under normal circumstances) Spider-Man pulling out Samson's hair is the best way to beat him. Without it, Samson has to rely on his stamina for Spider-Man to wear himself out, as well as apparently protect his mouth from webbing.
And you still didn't answer my question about Spider-Man suffocating him. What stops Spider-Man from going invisible, sneaking up behind Samson and choking him with the liquid metal of his costume (till he passes out)
The fact that invisibility won't save him once Samson claps his hands to together really, really hard several times in a row.

Arahan
Cant Spidey just use his stingers and sting
Samson in the eyes or something like that.

AFAIK Spidey is even stronger than Class 15 after the Other event.
Problem is the extent of his upgrade isnt stated yet.
There is some speculation he is class 20 now or higher.

Whatever for me this is a 50/50 match.

lando005
i dont think spidy would allow multiple t claps

Metalmanx
Spidey FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.