Where is the beef? Or where is the fruit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Do you think I am wrong about this? Can someone be an angry and petty person and still have a superior belief?

I agree with you, ey. If someone says "My religion is better than yours." than the puto should prove it.

This reminds me of those Bible thumpers who shout on street corners about how everyone's going to hell. They just need a good ass-kicking.

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
They just need a good ass-kicking.

And your just the vato to deliver. Get to it!

Lord Urizen
I agree with you, ey. If someone says "My religion is better than yours." than the puto should prove it.

This reminds me of those Bible thumpers who shout on street corners about how everyone's going to hell. They just need a good ass-kicking.

yes

Alliance

I want to start a team that goes and starts a dance party around those guys everytime they're out. Nothing like dnacing and loud music to drown them out.

They'd probalby be offended too.

WrathfulDwarf
Where is the beef?

At Wendy's wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
At Wendy's wink

Then do they have fruit? wink

RocasAtoll
If potatoes count as fruit wink

Alliance
which they don't

Pandemoniac

marcu

Alliance
This post is simple.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance
I want to start a team that goes and starts a dance party around those guys everytime they're out. Nothing like dnacing and loud music to drown them out.

They'd probalby be offended too.

I'd be in for that, if it was all "Footloose" in nature.

Alliance
of course.

Imperial_Samura
of course.

Smashing. From there it could extend to crashing TV Evangelists shows.

Alliance
Its not crashing if its a party smile

Shakyamunison
Here is an example of what i am talking about. Would you believe what this angry person has to say?

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Everyone has morals of their own because God (the Great Law-giver) gave every person a conscience to know right from wrong. In addition, many of us are taught ethics from our parents/guardians from the time we are young. This truth warrants repeating.

Everyone has morals of their own because God (the Great Law-giver) gave every person a conscience to know right from wrong. In addition, many of us are taught ethics from our parents/guardians from the time we are young.

Get this Shak, get this: God is the reason why there is a knowledge of right and wrong. You don't know this innately or intrinsically apart from God's design (whether you choose to accept this or not). I know you deny the existence of God and what not but that doesn't change anything. God still exists and is responsible for the basic knowledge of right and wrong that you have within you via conscience. Now, you have missed my point completely. Read slowly this time so that you don't miss anything. Shak, I have said this before and I will say it again: you are usually the first to respond to my posts but I don't think that you read what I say carefully. I think that you are impetuous and so eager to respond to what I say (in an effort to oppose what I say) that you overextend yourself mentally. This causes you to miss and overlook the import, gist, and crux of what I say. If this offends you then I apologize. Now, the issue is not whether I "have" morals of my own, but rather whether it matters in a universe devoid of God. As I said at the outset of this post God is the reason there is a right from wrong. These realities, truths, principles, or concepts do not exist in a vacuum on their own. But, as I have reiterated they exist "because of" God. I said all that to say this: if...God...does...not...exist...then...neither...do (or does)...right...from...wrong. That is why I said that I would basically "do my own thing." I would live it up from sun up to sun down. I would do whatever I felt like doing because of the preceding fact. No right from wrong presupposes that there is no God. If there is no God then there is no (true) accountability beyond this present reality we call life. From that vantage point I said that I would live basically any way that I want without regard for others feelings per se. There is no independent, universal law of morality and ethics (apart from God) that is ordained to govern the lives of humanity. In short, there is no justice or standard of right and wrong that we are held accountable to (again, apart from God). How can I say these things? It is simple: the Bible (God's revealed will for humanity) states that the laws that do exist or rather the governing authorities that exist are appointed by God and that there is no (true) authority except from God. God is the source of all authority and right from wrong. Our government exists by God's design (I am not talking about the various political factions and the corruption that goes on in governments worldwide). I am just saying that the concept of "government" (no matter how primordial) orignally came from God, the Great, Sovereign of the universe. All laws in essence are ensconced in divine law or have a common source in terms of our knowledge of law and why they should exist. Without laws to govern society there would be utter chaos and anarchy. That is why God ordained government no matter how primitive or sophisticated it may be among the myriads of cultures and societies ecumenically.

In conclusion, the knowledge of right and wrong is derived from the true Law-giver and Judge of all the earth: God Almighty. Apart from God there is no independent knowledge or thought of right and wrong. The knowledge that exists does not exist out here in a vacuum, but has been implanted, and indelibly etched in/on our minds through the instrumentality of what the Bible calls "the conscience."

Furthermore, I completely understood what you wrote regarding someone controlling me and that I cannot do it myself, yada, yada, yada. I simply responded in a way that deflected what you wrote. Yes I admitted that I need God's help to live right. Is there a problem with that? Are you indicating that you don't need help doing anything? Stop and think about this before you respond Shak. I think I know you by now, don't just reply impulsively and rashly without considering everything (the totality and gist of all that I have written).

debbiejo
Nice thread Shaky!! Though I may have beliefs that merge with others, it doesn't mean that mine just don't count....I would only tell mine if asked, but would not push it on anyone............what works for me, may not work for someone else.........

The first hint about a persons beliefs are finding out where they came from in the first place, and that may take some time in studying some history of it...........It's called knowledge. Even though I feel the bible has been altered and used to those in authority at that time, a person won't believe it unless they study it out for themselves, and not just from their own denominations view point, but from all historical view points....

The Bible does say however, Let us reason together which encourages some thinking on all parts....

Darth Kreiger
Hence I have no Religion, people with Religion always claim their God's works to be true, even if it is better than others, it still might not be the correct teachings(look at Islam and how extremists butcher it). So I'll let whatever God deal with me, I'm not going to trust the teachings of man

debbiejo
there IS NO RELIGION............only a connection with what is..........and it is, yet I won't prove it too you, that is your job to seek it out.................RELIGION is a hoax put by the early church, and does live today...................though many ministers had questiond and did the research themselves, but some that I know have left the faith once they found out.

Your life with your view..............don't bother me...................*smiles*

Alliance
So are you more of a beef or fruit person?

Shakyamunison
So are you more of a beef or fruit person?

Please post at least one post on this thread, that is on topic. mad

ThePittman

Shakyamunison

ThePittman
My new religion is that they must be no believers and they have to keep the money for themselves. It will catch on, wait and see.

Alliance
YET laughing

NEVER stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
JIA, please answer this thread.

sonnet

I always wondered why people get so upset when we talk to them about God and Jesus and bring them the Gospel and then the Bible gave me the answer. It says that darkness cannot stand in/near the light. Jesus is the light and he lives within us and these people cannot stand to hear the Word of God because of the darkness inside of them. The truth makes them uneasy and angry because they would not want to change their comfortable sinful ways.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by sonnet
I always wondered why people get so upset when we talk to them about God and Jesus and bring them the Gospel and then the Bible gave me the answer. It says that darkness cannot stand in/near the light. Jesus is the light and he lives within us and these people cannot stand to hear the Word of God because of the darkness inside of them. The truth makes them uneasy and angry because they would not want to change their comfortable sinful ways.

I have no problem with people telling me about their religion. What I have a problem with is people who are clearly not what they claim to be. If you say that you are filled with Holy Spirit, you should act like it. Wouldn't you agree with that?

sonnet
I have no problem with people telling me about their religion. What I have a problem with is people who are clearly not what they claim to be. If you say that you are filled with Holy Spirit, you should act like it. Wouldn't you agree with that?
Totally.

Shakyamunison
Totally.

I have known too many Christian who go to church and act the part of the good person and then go home and behind closed doors become evil in their everyday life. So when I meet a Christian today, I am careful to not believe most of what they say until they show to me that they are a good person.

sonnet
I have known too many Christian who go to church and act the part of the good person and then go home and behind closed doors become evil in their everyday life. So when I meet a Christian today, I am careful to not believe most of what they say until they show to me that they are a good person.
I am not a Christian because I met "good" honest, Christians, but because of my faith in God. People fail and dissapoint us, not God.

Shakyamunison
I am not a Christian because I met "good" honest, Christians, but because of my faith in God. People fail and dissapoint us, not God.

I am no longer a Christian because of evil people in the Church. If what I was taught as a Christian was true, then the people in the Church would have been different. The Church I was raised in was filled with hypocrites, now as a Buddhist I am surrounded by loving and caring people. If Christianity was true, it would have the loving people. However, I am only talking about the Church I grew up in, I do not judge you based on my past..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.