Elvish ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Arawen speaks Elvish and also it says one ring to rule them all in Elvish.

So is the language good or bad ?? confused

ESB -1138
You are thinking of two different languages. The One Ring was written in the language of that of Mordor

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by coolmovies
Arawen speaks Elvish and also it says one ring to rule them all in Elvish.

So is the language good or bad ?? confused "One ring to rule them all..." is Black Speech, not Elvish.

coolmovies
Gandalf did say it was in elvish

ESB -1138
Originally posted by coolmovies
Gandalf did say it was in elvish

Frodo mistook it for Elvish. I don't recall Gandalf saying it was.

bogen
he said it was " twisted form of elvish" if i remember right

Draugwen
Elvish, as coming from the elves, can hardly be too bad, can it? wink Actually, the inscription of the ring *is* in Black Speech, but written in elven runes. Suppose the dark side was either not bright enough or too lazy to make up runes of their own^^'

bogen
true that

thtadthtshldntb
Given all of the following:

Sauron is/was a maiar of Aule the Smith

The Noldor Elves became more or less disciples of Aule the Smith.

The Valar and the Maiar have had far more concourse with the Elves than with Men, it would makes sense that they mostly spoke either their own langauge, or VQ.

The magic of Ea is tied up in Langauge and its intonation from the beginnings

It would make sense that when Sauron codified the Black Speech, that it basically was a derivative of Elvish.

Draugwen
That's a very interesting line of thought wink
But Black Speech could only be sort of a derivative of Elvish if you can turn a language into its contrary, I I can say so wink The elven tongues (whichever you take) don't show much of a relation to what little you of Black Speech. Besides, I would guess (I don't know if it's stated anywhere) that the Black Speech would come from Morgoth rather than Sauron. That would make it a little strange for the Black Speech to be related to an elven language; one might rather guess then that, if at all, it would be related to Valarin, wouldn't it?
(I'm confusing myself^^')

thefallen544

Exabyte

Slyððering

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.