Richard Hammond (Top Gear) critically injured while filming...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5365676.stm

EDIT: BBC TV reports he may not make it through the night.

cain marko
I'm stuggling to find an article but here is the news. He was Filming a sequence for the new series of top gear when the car that he was driving rolled. He was near speeds of 200mph. He is now in hospital critical!!!! All who know him discuss here

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/bagendinn1/images/richard%20hammond.jpg

smoker4
Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the show.

The presenter was taken by air ambulance to a Leeds hospital which has a special neurological unit.

Shit, it doesnt sound good at all!

Soleran
I wish I had a car I could drive 200 mph, seriously.

cain marko
Originally posted by smoker4
Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the show.

The presenter was taken by air ambulance to a Leeds hospital which has a special neurological unit.

Shit, it doesnt sound good at all!

cheers smoker!

smoker4
Originally posted by cain marko
cheers smoker!

Was off the bbc site, didnt know he had two kids, hope he's gonna be ok, i love top gear

cain marko
me to. the show is ace. i think i'm going to try n get tickets to go down and watch it. i really hope he pulls through. and stays with the show. but i doubt they will air the autumn. or do you think the will but just may and clarkson?

smoker4
They probably will still air whatever happens, would be cool to go down and watch it though

Lightningrod
don't know who it is
but best wishes and get well

LanceWindu
I'm stuggling to find an article but here is the news. He was Filming a sequence for the new series of top gear when the car that he was driving rolled. He was near speeds of 200mph. He is now in hospital critical!!!! All who know him discuss here

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/bagendinn1/images/richard%20hammond.jpg

You fail, I posted this in the Movie Stars and Celebrity forum an hour ago...where it's supposed to be.

EDIT: And BTW he was going 280mph.

Lightningrod
Originally posted by LanceWindu
You fail, I posted this in the Movie Stars and Celebrity forum an hour ago...where it's supposed to be.

Lol
that is true

amity75
I love Hammond and I love TopGear, it's my favourite programme and big respects to you for starting this thread. I was gona do it but was scared of a "Who is he? Who cares?" response. I'm dreading the morning in case I wake up and find out he hasn't made it.

amity75
I love Hammond and I love TopGear, it's my favourite programme and big respects to you for starting this thread. I was gona do it but was scared of a "Who is he? Who cares?" response. I'm dreading the morning in case I wake up and find out he hasn't made it.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by amity75

I see you posted this in both threads. stick out tongue

Lightningrod
I see you posted this in both threads. stick out tongue

to lazy to check?
same response too? stick out tongue

amity75
I see you posted this in both threads. stick out tongue I know, just to cover my ass. Didn't want to offend any of you stick out tongue

Lightningrod
I know, just to cover my ass. Didn't want to offend any of you stick out tongue

omg you did post the same response stick out tongue

Lightningrod
oh well
the mods will take care of it

amity75
Seriously though I'm gutted about this. He's probably the most entertaining person on UK TV. I know that's not saying much but the guy is hilarious. I'm a huge fan.

lord xyz

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/bagendinn1/images/richard%20hammond.jpg I know, my Dad just told me. sad I'm still hurt from the Croc Hunter.

LanceWindu
Seriously though I'm gutted about this. He's probably the most entertaining person on UK TV. I know that's not saying much but the guy is hilarious. I'm a huge fan.

I'm on YouTube right now watching some videos from Top Gear, poor Hampster. sad

amity75
Me and a guy in my office spend a large part of our day discussing Brainiac Science Abuse stunts. He's just texted me to say he's stunned. Why can't accidents like this happen people like Graham Norton or Chris Moyles?

amity75
Just read on BBC News that he's "Stable". That's a bit promising.

lord xyz
If he dies, Britain will be dead. sad

amity75
Originally posted by lord xyz
If he dies, Britain will be dead. sad Britain died with Rod Hull.

AKGunter
I hope he dies a painful death. He looks queer.

Lightningrod
Originally posted by AKGunter
I hope he dies a painful death. He looks queer.

i smell an sock!

AKGunter
Originally posted by Lightningrod
i smell an sock!

I smell the corpse of an Englishman.

amity75
Originally posted by AKGunter
I smell the corpse of an Englishman. Confusion Forums again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lightningrod
Confusion Forums again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

that is what i was thinking about

smoker4
Britain died with Rod Hull. Originally posted by AKGunter
I hope he dies a painful death. He looks queer. Originally posted by amity75
Confusion Forums again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lightningrod
oh i sense some wrath coming from some member here
come on where is it at??

AKGunter
You gotta admit. The guy looks like he could yank a mean c*ck. If I were the male nurse, I would take advantage of the situation and tear me a piece off.

cain marko

EDIT: And BTW he was going 280mph. the steve irwin thread ended up in here so....

T.M
He is 'improving but remains seriously ill'

cain marko
Originally posted by T.M
He is 'improving but remains seriously ill'

i really really want him to improve. we'd all miss the hamster with nw teeth!

smoker4

T.M

HE HAS NOT HAD HIS TEETH WHITENED !!! laughing

Syren

EDIT: And BTW he was going 280mph.

Sometimes I wonder if there isn't something seriously wrong with you.

Hammond's critically ill and all you can worry about is whether you posted something first (yay you) and whether it's in the right forum? Get a grip, Ken.

Edit; and how fast the damn car was going??

T.M
Originally posted by Syren

Hammond's critically ill and all you can worry about is whether you posted something first (yay you) and whether it's in the right forum? Get a grip, Ken.

When he crashed he was apparently going at around 280Mph which is about 450Km/ph

He was trying to break the British land speed record (300.3Mph)..

Which he apparently done earlier.. and this was the last run of the day to collect extra footage for the show..

Wikipedia page

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Syren

What's it matter to you in the first place? As you can plainly see I used this thread from there on out and was even joking with the others about the fact there was 2 threads. Maybe you want to get off your preaching horse for a second and stop bitching me out over something that doesn't involve you.

Lady Fianna
He is cool. sad

amity75
Top Gear is the funniest thing on TV. On Saturday I had a hangover from hell and lay on my couch and watched 4 hours of it on UKTV. Cheered me up no end.

T.M
Update..

The Doctors are fairly confident of a good recovery..

Jeremy Clarkson has said in a statement that many motorists were rooting for Hammond, adding that he and his family were "the most important concerns we have".

Referring to Hammond by his nickname, Clarkson said: "Both James and I are looking forward to getting our 'hamster' back."

Gaca
Eh, he's young, he'll make it through. Especially that he was still conscious afdter the crash and talked to the lifeguards for a couple of minutes.

GO HAMSTER!

T.M
He suffered a "significant brain injury" when he crashed a high-speed car, a hospital source has said.

But doctors at Leeds General Infirmary, where the 36-year-old is in a serious but stable condition, say they are "reasonably optimistic" he will make a good recovery.

Devalion
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5365676.stm

EDIT: BBC TV reports he may not make it through the night.

It broke my heart when I heard that this morning on the radio, he's such a lovely bloke. I'm glad he's stable though......Good wishes go out to him and his family.

Leggy_n_Merry
I hope he gets better. He is a nice guy, he seems so lovely. Health thoughts being sent his way..

T.M
James May.. Hammonds co presenter on Top Gear has made a statement also..

He says:

"I was chuffed to see him and although he's muttering, he seems much like the irritating little shit I know and love. Even when he can't say much, he seemed to make as much sense as he does when he can talk normally...Having seen him today I do believe Richard will make a full recovery from this awful crash and, when he's back on his feet, I'm looking forward to going down to the pub with him."

Also.. Mr Clarkson told the Sun newspaper that he had insulted Mr Hammond's driving skills when he went to the hospital to see him - prompting a smile from Mr Hammond.

sexyking
Its a real shame but at least his out of intensive care now hopefully he gets the all clear.

lord xyz
Out of hospital atlast!

(I think, I might've misheard the news)

Kongu_Dude
Out of hospital atlast!

chavw00t- Yay!

sidekick
good for you

§P0oONY
Last I heard is that he had a serious brain injury... So I doubt he is out.

LanceWindu
Out of hospital atlast!

*buzzer sounds off*

WRONG!

He's out of the ICU, but not out of the hospital.

calvs
Who the **** is richard hammond?erm

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by calvs

British..

calvs
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
British..

§P0oONY

From Top Gear... A British Car programme.. It's hellishly funny.

lord xyz
*buzzer sounds off*

WRONG!

He's out of the ICU, but not out of the hospital. Oh, good thing I posted that bit in brackets. ermm

Piggle Humsy
News Link for those who know nothing about the incident.

lord xyz

Piggle Humsy
I wuv him wub

laughing out loud

Lightningrod
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t422566.html

lord xyz
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I wuv him wub

laughing out loud "The reason you're here is because you're a crap driver." laughing out loud

Kongu_Dude
"The reason you're here is because you're a crap driver." laughing out loud

Translated to N00bish: the reasen ure here s cause ure a crp drivr. Lolzzzz laughing out loud ermm

ladygrim
At least he's getting better big grin

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Kongu_Dude
Translated to N00bish: the reasen ure here s cause ure a crp drivr. Lolzzzz laughing out loud ermm
wanker

Clovie
so he's going better?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Clovie
so he's going better?

No one knows. I doubt he'll make a full recovery.

Clovie
okay.. I like him sad

T.M
Out of hospital atlast!

I don't think so.. Out of intensive care.. He is still in hospital though.

lord xyz
Originally posted by T.M
I don't think so.. Out of intensive care.. He is still in hospital though. Yeah, I shouldn't've made the thread, ah well.

Piggle Humsy
People on the scene said that Hammond was talking immediately after the accident happened and he said "I have to do a piece to the camera" laughing out loud

Latest Update

Looks like he's recovering well smile

It's really amazing the amount of money fans have raised for Yorkshire Air Ambulance charity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.