X-Men 3: The Last Stand DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
The DVD is set to release on Oct. 3. Anyone gonna buy it?

H. S. 6
No.

roughrider
Already a thread in the X-Men forum.

Ultraman Baltan
SPOILERS

I thought it was a fantastic movie. One of the best comic films out there. Not the best, but definately around the top. Beast was one of the best choices in comic film history. Magneto was out of porportion way too much with the whole bridge thing, but I do believe he was still the Magneto we know and love/hate. Juggernaut kicked incredible ass. Sorry, folks, but I thought Vinnie's performance as Jugs was one of the most impressive things shown in superhero films in years. I also really like Movie Wolverine. Comic Wolverine is horrible, but Movie Logan was awesome. I think there were many points where people complain he's way too overpowered in some areas where he wasn't, but people just want to find something to bash. For example, he was healing very quickly at the end with the Pheonix because she was holding back. The reason Jean said Logan was the only thing she cared about was because that wasn't actually Jean. That was the Pheonix(the other side of Jean) who only cared for the rugged badasses like teenage girls. She cared not for love, just for someone who turned her on. People need to look at these things more closely.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
SPOILERS

I thought it was a fantastic movie. One of the best comic films out there. Not the best, but definately around the top. Beast was one of the best choices in comic film history. Magneto was out of porportion way too much with the whole bridge thing, but I do believe he was still the Magneto we know and love/hate. Juggernaut kicked incredible ass. Sorry, folks, but I thought Vinnie's performance as Jugs was one of the most impressive things shown in superhero films in years. I also really like Movie Wolverine. Comic Wolverine is horrible, but Movie Logan was awesome. I think there were many points where people complain he's way too overpowered in some areas where he wasn't, but people just want to find something to bash. For example, he was healing very quickly at the end with the Pheonix because she was holding back. The reason Jean said Logan was the only thing she cared about was because that wasn't actually Jean. That was the Pheonix(the other side of Jean) who only cared for the rugged badasses like teenage girls. She cared not for love, just for someone who turned her on. People need to look at these things more closely.

I wouldnt go that far. It was just an ok movie. It couldve been much, much better. They messed up too many characters. Im buying it just to complete my collection. Ill probably watch it once more and thats it.

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
The DVD is set to release on Oct. 3. Anyone gonna buy it?
I'll buy it.

Scoobless
I'll probably try to get it when it goes on sale at half price or something

roughrider
Question is - who's going to spend the extra money, to get the edition with the Stan Lee comic book attached?

Scoobless
You?

roughrider
No. I'm not interested in that. The movie is enough.

Doc Potato
the movie sucked, and I'll quite probably boycott anything related to that HERESY for the rest of my life...

Wolfie
Choosing between the edition with the comic or the standard edition, which Wal-Mart will include a bonus disc with, I'll go with the standard.

Scoobless
X-3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niDy1nCMuIs&mode=related&search=

pr1983
I'll buy it to complete the set... after all i only bought the second one cos i had the first one... messed

redcaped
Did your trilogy box bring a comic book?

Jimmy Buggs
I want to buy it for the 3 alternet endings.

Grimm22
I'll rent it, for the extras

Honestly though, I hate Brett Ratner for what he did to the franchise

He made a mockery of Singer's work on the Xmen.

What with his, Wolverine kills the Phoneix and Kill off Cyclops for no reason stuff, its easily one of the worst superhero moves ever

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Grimm22
I'll rent it, for the extras

Honestly though, I hate Brett Ratner for what he did to the franchise

He made a mockery of Singer's work on the Xmen.

What with his, Wolverine kills the Phoneix and Kill off Cyclops for no reason stuff, its easily one of the worst superhero moves ever

He was the director, its not like he wrote the script or anything. Seriously how much effect to believe he had on the movie (which was great by the way)? No, people just can't stop crying over the fact that Singer wasn't the one who directed it and where set to hate the movie from the beginning despite whether or not it was good.

Validus
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
SPOILERS

blink

srankmissingnin
In the delete scenes Wolverine stabs Juggernaut twice...

Who said that!~ evil face

Scoobless
Originally posted by Grimm22

Cyclops isn't dead... did you see him die? ... I certainly didn't see him die

Jimmy Buggs
singer sold out to make the worst superman movie to date.

Scoobless
It was far better than Superman 4

Grimm22
Originally posted by Scoobless
Cyclops isn't dead... did you see him die? ... I certainly didn't see him die

Exactly erm

The movie was crap, I hated it, I want my money back. mad

Grimm22
It was far better than Superman 4

Oh come on stick out tongue

That movie is freakin hilarious eek! laughing

I cant believe they let Christopher Reeve write the script knowing he was just gonna turn it into some stupid hippie flick

BloodyAngel
Superman Returns - Junk

X3 - Pretty good movie, but not the greatest thing ever.

Jimmy Buggs
Whatsup with the alt endings? Are they worth getting the dvd to see them?

Validus
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
Whatsup with the alt endings? Are they worth getting the dvd to see them?
No.

Grimm22
Any analysis on what happens? confused

ddsmrt
Anybody care to describe some alternate endings and deleted scenes

starlock
i think xmen-3 is the worst of the three but i enjoyed it,i do not agree with alot that happened though
watching the movie with comentary was cool,they actually point out the cukoos are seen for a moment coming down the hall,things like that make it at least a learning experience

starlock
oh the alternate endings werent that good,but there is a deleted scene,actually a scene that was cut down in size,where logan tries to enter jeans house and he and storm fight the brotherhood,the scene is so good that i got REALLY mad that it was cut down VERY MAD, it just shows the stupid decisions made on this movie,but the scene might be worth the buying of the dvd
my advice-wait for a directors cut with the scenes added in

Tron
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
singer sold out to make the worst superman movie to date.

I don't remember the details, but I do remember reading that Fox was dicking around with Singer, which was part of the reason he left to do Superman.

Scoobless
I just bought and watched the X3 DVD.... Alternate endings? ..... bollocks! .... three minor alterations ... furious

I was expecting different outcomes to the final battle, different people dying, different SOMETHING!.... but no.... all i got was

1) Rogue didn't take "the cure" ... who gives a sh!t?

2) Wolverine goes back to that bar in Canada from the start of the first X-Men film.... anyone care yet? .... nope?.... didn't think so!

3) A few lines of dialogue added when all the little mutie kids start their new year.... msn-oh

no expression

"Special" features my arse!

mad

batdude123
I just bought and watched the X3 DVD.... Alternate endings? ..... bollocks! .... three minor alterations ... furious

I was expecting different outcomes to the final battle, different people dying, different SOMETHING!.... but no.... all i got was

1) Rogue didn't take "the cure" ... who gives a sh!t?

2) Wolverine goes back to that bar in Canada from the start of the first X-Men film.... anyone care yet? .... nope?.... didn't think so!

3) A few lines of dialogue added when all the little mutie kids start their new year.... msn-oh

no expression

"Special" features my arse!

mad

There was also an extended fighting scene at Jean Grey's house!!! lol

Vim
The movie would have been 10 times better if would have had Gambit in it, I mean how hard would have been to include him?! He heard about the cure decided to come up from Louisiana and take a look. Heard about Xavier's place and dropped by and then BAM! You get her and Rogue together like they are supposed to be!! And then you have some extra firepower for the X-Men at the end battle, which showed how inexperienced they all were... I mean Colussus was supposed to be able to pick up cars and toss them like no problem! There should have been a fight btween him and Juggie... So many missed oppurtunities so little budget and time... Sad...

pr1983
i'm glad the extended fight was cut, first

logan's claws go through juggernaut's arm? wtf? and then logan stabs juggy, then has storm fry them with lightning, lightning strong enough to knock down juggy but not logan... come on...

dvd is ok i guess...

or as scoob said, bollocks...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.