The Moment of the Month, hands down. (Astonishing #17 Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4935/scan0043aw8.jpg
He's back! big grin

This comes as close second...
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3526/scan0048nn5.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3573/scan0049pd6.jpg

Validus
The Wolverine page was cool. Cassaday does the best facial expressions.

grey fox
Awww I'm gonna miss kid Wolvie ....

Sub_Mariner
I thought he was going to throw it and say dirty beer or something lol.

The Pict
wOOt! Logan's in his cups again.

Blair Wind
whos the guy with the gun?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
whos the guy with the gun?

Cyclops

Blair Wind
no expression

Im so confused with Cyclops lately......no visor? no beams? anyone care to explain whats been going on (emma bad?)?

Validus
Apparently the only reason Cyke needed the visors/glasses was because he never truly wanted to control himself. I'm not sure if Emma actually helped him fix that though.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

Im so confused with Cyclops lately......no visor? no beams? anyone care to explain whats been going on (emma bad?)?

wikipedia:
"In Astonishing X-Men #14, during an impromptu telepathic "therapy session", Emma Frost presented Cyclops with the possibility that his lack of control over his optic blasts actually stems not from physical brain damage, but from a sort of mental block that the young Scott imposed upon himself after the combined traumas of the loss of his parents, separation from his brother, and shocking manifestation of his powers; this is seen as a coping mechanism, giving Scott something to focus on and try to maintain some sort of control over at a time when events completely out of his control had effectively shattered the life he had led up to that point.

Surprisingly, Scott seems to admit that this theory is the truth of the matter, further admitting that he had even blocked making this decision out of his memory, to preserve the fallacy in his own mind and prevent others from discovering his "secret". The issue ends with Scott apparently in a catatonic state, with his eyes uncovered and displaying their natural shade of brown, with no evidence of his powers manifesting."

manjaro
i dont get it..what am i looking at?.i thought that the seeminlgy younger emma was well seeminlgy somebody else altoghter

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by manjaro
i dont get it..what am i looking at?.i thought that the seeminlgy younger emma was well seeminlgy somebody else altoghter

I think they are both parts of the same person, one bad, the other one worse, LOL. I love Emma.

All it took was a beer falling on his head to wake up Logan! Aint comics great!

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Validus
Apparently the only reason Cyke needed the visors/glasses was because he never truly wanted to control himself. I'm not sure if Emma actually helped him fix that though.

Damn V, that guy that wrote that respons eon ur sig seems like a real dumbass!

ExodusCloak
The issue was awesome as usual...Joss actually conveyed Mind Control perfectly....question is why is it so confusing...

Going to miss you Emma(The one that got shot)...I swear if clones are involved I'm going to be really, really angry...

BTW My up coming Emma respect thread is officially f*cked up if Clones are involved...

Lucid Lui
Bloody great issue.

I've never geeked out over Cyclops, but when i saw that page... Frigging awesome.

Devil Lance
So how long will it take for Cyclops to go back to the visor?
You know its going to happen eventually

manjaro
is it in reason to ask somebody to post it here, or the kick ass astonshing Xmen thread? either one is fine

roughrider
Originally posted by Devil Lance
So how long will it take for Cyclops to go back to the visor?
You know its going to happen eventually

Maybe he'll still use the visor, to vary his blast control fron massive to pinpoint accuracy. It will just be part of the uniform.

Just
Yeah, those were great. I liked when Colossus fainted too.

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4935/scan0043aw8.jpg
He's back! big grin

This comes as close second...
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3526/scan0048nn5.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3573/scan0049pd6.jpg

hell yes... big grin

and to wonder, people used to scoff when i said cyke was my favourite character...

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
hell yes... big grin

and to wonder, people used to scoff when i said cyke was my favourite character...
We're still scoffing.

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
We're still scoffing.

but now you have no reason to... stick out tongue

Scoobless
Cyclops no longer looks like a white Geordie La Forge... therefore he is no longer cool!

no expression

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
Cyclops no longer looks like a white Geordie La Forge... therefore he is no longer cool!

no expression

laughing

star trek references = awesome... big grin

Jyppe
I'm so proud of myself. I knew what was inside of the box, before I oppened the book. big grin..

---

Krhm, Did Colossus faint because of what Kitty said and showed or was it Nova's/Perfection's fault?

SnakeEyes
I'm still a little confused on the whole "Michael" thing. Anyone care to explain?

Great issue, though. I want to see Wolverine kick some ass.

And pr1983, I'm still scoffing!

Jyppe
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm still a little confused on the whole "Michael" thing. Anyone care to explain?

Great issue, though. I want to see Wolverine kick some ass.

SPOILERS -----------------------------------------------------

Nova and the Hellfire club need the thing inside of the manger (The box they couldn't breach). So the only one who apparently could do it is Shadow Cat. But she wont help the Hellfire club under normal conditions.

So Nova puts an illusion into her mind. She and Colossus have a baby, which they nam Michael. In the illusion Xavier and the other X-men take the baby away from her as he's supposed to have some extra ordinary and potentially lethal powers, they lock him into the box in the basement. Kitty then threathens Colossus (Who's not actually Colossus, but just an illusion) Colossus tells her that their baby is inside the box.
--

Now Nova % HF club have means to access the stuff inside the box, while Shadow Cat is still thinking that it's her baby in the box, but in reality it's Nova's body (I knew it!!1111)

--

So the first part of the comic is actually an illusion projected to Kitty's brain by Nova/White Queen.

END OF SPOILERS ----------------------------------------------------

Scoobless
you could just use spolier tags... like this your spoilers suck

smile

ExodusCloak
I still don't think Nova is real..or at least real as in walking in the physical realm...I mean....think about it..if they were real Scott would have walked into a room with Emma, Shaw, Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Nova....logically who'd he shoot first?

Do we really need the spoiler tags when the thread specifically states spoilers?

The entire Arc has me confused....if Nova is suppose to be the ring leader...then why do the others speak to her in that manner? And if Nova isn't the ring leader...then why are the others willing to help Nova get back to full power, when she specifically stated she's going to melt them till there's nothing left?

Who thinks a third Emma might show up?

botcherby
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I still don't think Nova is real..or at least real as in walking in the physical realm...I mean....think about it..if they were real Scott would have walked into a room with Emma, Shaw, Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Nova....logically who'd he shoot first?

Do we really need the spoiler tags when the thread specifically states spoilers?

The entire Arc has me confused....if Nova is suppose to be the ring leader...then why do the others speak to her in that manner? And if Nova isn't the ring leader...then why are the others willing to help Nova get back to full power, when she specifically stated she's going to melt them till there's nothing left?

Who thinks a third Emma might show up?

You must surely know how the Hellfire Club works right?

Since the dawn of the hellfire club all the members always played games of one-up-manship, they're the high end of society so they always name drop and brag to eachother how they're each more powerful than the other... yet they function as a villainous team.

so even tho Nova is the "leader" they all talk down to eachother, cos' thats the norm in the hellfire club.

pr1983
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

laughing

Originally posted by ExodusCloak

I think scott knows something we don't... after all, who's the one who gave colossus his orders? scott i'll bet...

and why shoot her instead of blast her, when he should have full control over his powers?

Who knows?

i think whedon is intentionally keeping us all in real suspense till the last issue... but it looks like its gonna be awesome...

manjaro
it would make sense that it is her body, cuz i remeber back in the day in an Xmen comic, i think the FIRSt time pyslocke died logan, angel, some old guy, and doc strange went to a mystical realm via a portal in china town, but the kicker was Strange sent his astral self, and he still had access to all his powers, so since nova is a telepath of the highest freaking orderbig grin she's probably just been projecting her astral form this whole time... that time when both the Xmen and the Shiar beat her ass Xavier must have locked her body away for safe keeping..as he has a staunch view against killing

Jyppe
Nah, I'm too lazy for that.

The SWORD guys were able to detect her, they mentioned that her readings weren't very normal, but apparently she was real. Maybe she was using a lesser being as a host this time?

Bullets wouldn't affect Shaw, nor Nova and the girl is propably part of Emma's pshyche. Of course Cyke is going to shoot the woman who betrayed him.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Jyppe
The SWORD guys were able to detect her, they mentioned that her readings weren't very normal, but apparently she was real. Maybe she was using a lesser being as a host this time?

Yeah that's why I said not walking in the Physical realm...if she's trapped inside stuff...she's only projecting...a faint psi-signature...

IMO If I ran into a room full of baddies...I won't shoot the person I love even if they betrayed me(Well first of all I wouldn't run into a room full of baddies...especially when they can kick my A$$)..Nova is the most dangerous but I'd go for Shaw first or NTW since she's also quite dangerous...and since Nova..is out of the question...and NTW is a child...I'd go for Shaw...
Shaws case is debatable...he's not able to metabolise attacks that provide large kinetic bursts of energy in such a short span of time....and if you catch him unaware...then it' even better...either way though...it still raises the question ...no one would just walk into a hornets nest...expecially when they're outnumbered and outgunned...the same with Kitty Pryde when she attacked Emma...one minute the HC were there the next they weren't...I think NTW and Shaw are figments of Emma's insanity...Nova is a vague psi-signature...

Originally posted by botcherby
You must surely know how the Hellfire Club works right?

Since the dawn of the hellfire club all the members always played games of one-up-manship, they're the high end of society so they always name drop and brag to eachother how they're each more powerful than the other... yet they function as a villainous team.

so even tho Nova is the "leader" they all talk down to eachother, cos' thats the norm in the hellfire club.

Yeah but...the Hellfire Club...were selfish they all wanted power...allowing Nova to melt them into nothing is kind of idiotic..and so un-Hellfire like it's not even funny...

If they are Nova's drones then it doesn't make sense to disrespect her like that...

There's definitely something we're missing...

I think you're right...no one just walks into danger like that..it's not really the smart thing to do when Nova is involved...he definetely knows something...

I don't think this Emma has Diamond form....but if she did...maybe it'll stop the bleeding...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.