Convince Me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
So I have this dilemna and I think you guys could help. I really like both Batman and Captain America; but when I make a top ten list or something like that of my favorite heroes, I can't decide how to place those 2 because I can't decide who I like better.

So, I was wondering: Who do YOU guys like better and why?

And then maybe try and convince me to like one character more than the other, because I can't decide on my own, lol.

Anyways, have at it!

smokin'

newjak86
You know you could just

1) Cap/Bats

3) Whoever comes next.

SnakeEyes
I know I could, but the purpose of this thread is (by the end of it's run) to have me like one definitely more than the other.

You are correct, I COULD do that... but I refuse to. wink

newjak86
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I know I could, but the purpose of this thread is (by the end of it's run) to have me like one definitely more than the other.

You are correct, I COULD do that... but I refuse to. wink Your just Stubborn

I guess it should just come down to who you want to represent you as a top pick.

Captain America: The unyeilding Super Soldier who alwayts stands up and fights for what he believes in no matter how lost it may be.

Batman: The loner who does the most with the little he is given.

srankmissingnin
Marvel Martial Artists Top 10 (1-3 interchangeable...)

1)Captain America
2)Wolverine
3)Elektra
4)Shang Chi
5)Iron Fist
6)Cat
7)Cable
8)Black Panther
9)Daredevil
10)Deadpool

DC Martial Artists Top 10 (1-3 interchangeable)

1)Dragon
2)Shiva
3)Batgirl
4)Connar Hawke
5)Bronze Tiger
6)Batman
7)Red Hood?
8)Nightwing
9)Black Canary
10)Green Arrow/The Question

Alot of people in the Marvel list can be interchanged as, unlike DC it isn't as clear cut as to who is better. Of a top ten of both Marvel and DC, Batman wouldn't make the list

Stupid Rookie
I think it totally depends on my mood, and the comics I am reading at the time. Right now I am all about Cap because of civil war, but I am sure I will move back towards Bats when I am feeling particualrly vengful.

darthgoober
Well it would depend on your personal taste. Batman is the worlds greatest detective and one of the worlds greatest fighters. He's an optimist(in that he thinks anything can be accomplished), but a realist at the same time(he knows when something is pointless). He does whatever he thinks is necessary to accomplish his goals, and Ive always considered him a representation of a humans need to rise above all obstacles, and strike back at those who'd hurt them.

Captain America on the other hand, is THE worlds best fighter, and arguably the worlds best tactician/field commander. He refuses to give up no matter how hopeless the cause may be. He's the ultimate patriot, and believer of the American Dream(though not so much the American reality). No matter what is going down, you always know where he will stand, and you can be sure that once he's decided, he won't move an inch. I've always thought of him representing a humans need for hope, and desire to stand by their convictions, despite what the world tells them.

So there's a rundown, but this is all just my opinion, many others might disagree.

newjak86
Originally posted by darthgoober
Well it would depend on your personal taste. Batman is the worlds greatest detective and one of the worlds greatest fighters. He's an optimist(in that he thinks anything can be accomplished), but a realist at the same time(he knows when something is pointless). He does whatever he thinks is necessary to accomplish his goals, and Ive always considered him a representation of a humans need to rise above all obstacles, and strike back at those who'd hurt them.

Captain America on the other hand, is THE worlds best fighter, and arguably the worlds best tactician/field commander. He refuses to give up no matter how hopeless the cause may be. He's the ultimate patriot, and believer of the American Dream(though not so much the American reality). No matter what is going down, you always know where he will stand, and you can be sure that once he's decided, he won't move an inch. I've always thought of him representing a humans need for hope, and desire to stand by their convictions, despite what the world tells them.

So there's a rundown, but this is all just my opinion, many others might disagree. I agree

darthgoober
Originally posted by newjak86
I agree
Thank you, I was hoping someone would. smile

Mindship
Batman. Cooler costume (cowl batears beat a forehead "A" anyday).
There. That was easy.

Validus
B comes before C in the alphabet.

roughrider
Originally posted by darthgoober

So there's a rundown, but this is all just my opinion, many others might disagree.

Well said. thumb up

I have my own deadlock on who I like better - Thor or Silver Surfer.
Mostly, to end these debates I ask myself which character would I rather be.
Based on that I would pick Captain America. He's not as embittered or obsessive as Batman.

marvelprince
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Marvel Martial Artists Top 10 (1-3 interchangeable...)

1)Captain America
2)Wolverine
3)Elektra
4)Shang Chi
5)Iron Fist
6)Cat
7)Cable
8)Black Panther
9)Daredevil
10)Deadpool

DC Martial Artists Top 10 (1-3 interchangeable)

1)Dragon
2)Shiva
3)Batgirl
4)Connar Hawke
5)Bronze Tiger
6)Batman
7)Red Hood?
8)Nightwing
9)Black Canary
10)Green Arrow/The Question

Alot of people in the Marvel list can be interchanged as, unlike DC it isn't as clear cut as to who is better. Of a top ten of both Marvel and DC, Batman wouldn't make the list

What about Drakon and Zeiss? Drakon came from nowhere and schooled Conner Hawke and taught Ollie how to fight and I can't recall Batman ever beating Zeiss on his own (though I could be mistaken)

EDIT: Zeiss is enhanced, nvm

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by marvelprince
What about Drakon and Zeiss? Drakon came from nowhere and schooled Conner Hawke and taught Ollie how to fight and I can't recall Batman ever beating Zeiss on his own (though I could be mistaken)

EDIT: Zeiss is enhanced, nvm

Drakon is nuts, from the way he schooled Conner he would need to be the best in DC but I don't think thats what the writers intended... anyway I left him out because he has limited appearances (also why Mr. X was excluded from the Marvel list). Zeiss was excluded for the same reasons Taskmaster and Prometius were but Batman has beat him before... two or three times I think.

Mindship
Originally posted by roughrider
I have my own deadlock on who I like better - Thor or Silver Surfer.
Surfer. Not only does he Not have to hold onto something to fly (putting one hand out of action), but the Surfer flies standing up and doesn't need that stretched out, horizontal flying position. This means, while flying, he can read, chill with a babe, breakdance, etc.

Mostly, to end these debates I ask myself which character would I rather be.
Good approach. Though personally I'd still go with Surfer, with Thor you get long, silky golden locks.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Validus
B comes before C in the alphabet.

But AMERICA comes before the entire alphabet.

Validus
Originally posted by Metalmanx
But AMERICA comes before the entire alphabet.
Angst > America

Metalmanx
Angst > America
Liberty>Angst>America.

SnakeEyes
I'm still undecided.

You guys brought up some good points, though. Keep em coming!

And feel free to describe who you like better and why.

Thanks.

grey fox
Liberty>Angst>America.

Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

roughrider
Originally posted by grey fox

Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

Validus
Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America
Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

Metalmanx

Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America.

grey fox
Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America.

Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America.

Validus
Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America.
Clinton>Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

grey fox
Clinton>Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

Blair>Clinton>Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

roughrider
Blair>Clinton>Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

The Queen>Blair>Clinton>Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

Metalmanx
The Queen>Blair>Clinton>Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

Madonna>Queen>Blair>Clinton>Bush>Justice>Lies>Truth>Propaganda>Liberty>Angst>America

SnakeEyes
Wow.

My thread turned into shit.

Validus
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Wow.

My thread turned into shit.
Madonna is slang for Batman.

DigiMark007
At the end of the day, you'll always be seen as cooler if you like Batman. He's dark, edgy, etc. and is also hilarious in nearly any situation if you take his very existence sarcastically ("I'm Batman, damnit!"wink

Psyquis52
Personally I'm a huge Captain America fan but Digi is right.

I mean let's look at this from a multimedia standpoint.

Movies:
- Captain America's movie sucks butt, and the Avengers movies aren't great.
- Not all of Batman's movies are good but Batman Begins is excellent.

TV:
- Subtract that not so hot show in the 70's (or was it the 60's) and all he has are cameos.
- I don't need to elaborate on this

Video Games:
Actually they both suck equally here with Captain America having a slight edge just because he was so awesome in the Capcom fighting games.

So in outer perspective Batman gets better rep.

But Cap can still kick his @#$ till next Teusday...stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
This has been pretty helpful.

Keep the opinions coming, guys!

Howard_Jones
I'm more of a Cap fan, personally. I prefer the whole "Ideal American fighting for a world that's not so ideal" sorta thing. Cap's a man's man.

Batman my be tough, but underneath it all, he's listening to Linkin Park while bawling his eyes out inside.

It's sad, really.

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.