Top Ten Favorite Characters.... with a twist!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Alright, well I wanted to start a thread with a definitive list of peoples' favorite characters.

So, I want people to post their top tens, but also do the following: give a couple of reasons for each character, their defining moment (in your opinion, ie: the moment that made you think, "man, I really like this character"wink, and anything else that could enhance your list. I want people to feel free to pick characters from EU and the movies. Everything.

Anyway, have fun!

I'll post mine a bit later.

cool

Jen'ari
1. Ulic Quel-Droma. His story and journey was so unbelievably touching and interesting.
2. Darth Bane. He is the epitome of badassness.
3. Quinlan Vos. He's a real badass in the EU.
4. Mace Windu. SLJ.
5. Darth Zannah/Tholme.

Quinlan_Vos
1.) Quinlan Vos
2.) Obi-Wan Kenobi
3.) Yoda
4.) Revan

Lighthammer
1. Arvel Crynyd. His war cry as he plows through the Executor's bridge.
2. Aayla Secura. Twilek, Jedi, hot. Do I need to say more?
3. Voort Sabinrig. Just found it interesting for there to be a Gamorrean fighter pilot.
4. Wes Janson. Humor and piloting skill.
5. Biggs Darklighter. Without him flying cover, Luke would never have got the Death Star shot off.
6. Mace Windu. Badass!
7. Han Solo. He shot first.
8. Wedge Antilles. Cause he is a CAP(Corellian Ace Pilot)
9. Kit Fisto. Used a lightwip.
10. Jek Porkins. The name.

Tangible God
1.) Han Solo, witty wiseguy.
2.) Vader, menacing badass.
3.) Palaptine, manipulative, cunniving, machiavellian evil bastard.
4.) Obi-Wan, generally a cool guy.
5.) Mace Windu, Samuel L. Jackson.
6.) Revan, everything he's done, and you never see his face or hear his voice.
7.) Yoda, knew they had to destroy the Sith, not negotiate.
8.) Tarkin, another cruel, cold, calculating evil bastard.
9.) Maxmillan Veers, calm, decisive.
10.) Maul, few words, total badass Sith.

Kaos sebaceous
1.mace blackest jedi on the jedi council
2.ben-cause hes old and still whips ass and hes an alchoholic
3.darth maul-zabraks look cool expecially when there sith
4.yoda-he short and green
5.luke skywalker-hes not a pussy like his dad

Rampant ox
1. Count Dooku - Lol, there are so many reasons. The main one would have to be Christopher Lee, he made the character awesome. I also love how he continuously pwned Obi-wan, his killer voice, his classy attitude and his cape.

2. Qui-Gon - Apprentice to Dooku and was a cool character to watch on screen. I also have alot of respect for Liam as an actor.

3. Obi-wan - Apprentice to the apprentice of Dooku. His crappy sense of humour was funny and I enjoyed watching him progress throughout the saga.

4. Jango fett - Dooku's personal bodyguard. He has awesome armour and imo was a better, more elegant version of Boba.

5. Grand Moff Tarkin - An awesome villan, probably the OT's equivalent of the Count. He was cocky, powerful and ruthless and it was a shame to kill him off in ANH. Peter Cushing was also a great actor.

6. Ki-Adi-Mundi - The only jedi I felt emotion for during Order 66. I also loved his line "He is a political idealist, not a murderer".

7. Nute Gunray - Lol, I dunno why I like him. He was in league with our favourite Count and had the attitude of a rich yet cowardly businessman. His hatred of Padme is also interesting to watch.

8. Bail Organa - I dunno why I like him either. He was just an interesting character, he had political influence like Dooku and helped start the Rebellion.

9. Chewbacca - "Because droids dont usually pull peoples arms out of their sockets when they lose"

10. General Greivous - Apprentice to the Count, had an awesome name, looked awesome and was generally an awesome character. I think he needed some more character development in the movies though.

kamikz
Rampant, did your post have something to do with Count Dooku? I just got that feeling............

Rampant ox
Originally posted by kamikz
Rampant, did your post have something to do with Count Dooku? I just got that feeling............

whistling1

Council#13
Nope, I don't think he mentioned the Count at all! shock Rampant's losing his style!!!!

1. Count Dooku- ultra cool. Extreme duelist. Extreme strategist. Extreme Force User. Extreme everything
2. Obi-Wan- cool, controlled, and nearly unstoppable
3. Saesee Tiin- I saw him on the cover of a book once and thought he was neat
4. Mace Windu- cool dude. Master of Vaapad. Purple lightsaber. Only person to beat Palaptine
5. Kit Fisto- really neat in Cestus Deception.
6. Aayla Secura- sexy, brilliant, and a relatively good fighter. Kinda dominates the Clone Wars comics
7. Sora Bulq- awesome. Legendary fighter. Rivaled Mace Windu
8. Yoda- cool little man. Size matters not. Powerful in the Force and with the lightsaber
9. Darth Vader (at the time of his death)- saved his son even though it meant sacraficing himself.
10. Coleman Trebor- attempted to kill Count Dooku even though he knew Dooku was far better than him.

I can't fit Palpatine and many others in my list, but you get the idea!

Jen'ari
Ooh, sexy

Darth Volter
1. Quinlan Vos-coolest character in star wars, he's cold, powerful, got style
2. Darth Revan-did incredible things, incredibly powerful, cool outfit, awesome character
3. Anakin Skywalker-this guy is just so cool. i like his style and the way he is and talks. he kicksass
3. Darth Maul-he was aaawesome, hes outfit is incredible, zabrak-dark-sider makes him so cool.
4. Yoda-he simply kicks everyones ass. hes awesome and one of the most powerful jedi ever
4. Obi-Wan-cool guy, funny, powerful, wise.
5. Qui-Gon-i admire him, he just like so great.

i cant think of anyother favourite character maybe later ill come up with the others

Velkyn
1 Han Solo - Sarcasm under fire, always finds or creates trouble, beyond all this turned down payment to bail out Luke
2 Yoda - Wise enough to act like a fool to throw off Luke at Dagobah.. "Mine! Mine!" plus he pwned two of Palp's guards by waving his hand
3 Mace Windu - Got through Palps before Anakin betrayed him, plus SLJ made him that much cooler.
4 Obi Wan - Was just an old man to me before he jumped out of those speeders in AoTC, and continued the fire in RoTS, even avoiding Order 66
5 Count Dooku - One of the more fleshed out evil characters in the movies, despite all the Anakin/Vader backstory, Dooku seemed to be more in control of situations
6 Darth Vader - He choked someone via the commscreen, what more do you want? Definately a good excuse to have caller id if you are an Imperial Officer...
7 Princess Leia - While Mon Mothma might have been in charge, Leia was in action, despite her position, and going into Jabba's den of inequity to free Han... That showed she still had guts.
8 Qui-Gon - First (based on timeline) to fold his saber and accept his fate to become one with the force, Something even Yoda was unaware of at the time.
9 Darth Maul - While Darth Vader was evil when we first saw him back in the day, Dart Maul's look raised the bar considerably, plus the sabrestaff and his martial skills were awesome to watch.
and from left field...
10 R2-D2 - Man! I wanted one of those after watching the movie... Plus from C-3P0's lines, you could tell he was giving him hell even though you never understood the bleeps and whirrs he made. He was the rebellion's skeleton key in a pinch, and how many times was he shot?

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Rampant ox
6. Ki-Adi-Mundi - The only jedi I felt emotion for during Order 66. I also loved his line "He is a political idealist, not a murderer".

during order 66? he was killed before. his line? in the novel of episode 2? mace says that line during the movie.

anyways

1. Mace. SLJ plays him, uses a violet lightsaber, uses the (IMO) best form, beats palp. need i say more?

2. anakin/ vader (pre-suit). proberly vader before the suit as i could relate to him about being confuse and felling betrayed by the people closest to him, about losing the one love he had, about losing control to anger.

3. palp'. outwitted the jedi at every turn, killes 2 in about 3 seconds and another in about 10 secs in his office, skilled in the force, awsome duelist.

4. yoda. wise, paitent, looks cool fighting, powerful, stops lightning with bare hands.

5. quinlan. hes the first eu character that seemed real to me.

6. maul. awsome duelist, looks cool, silent during fights.

7. han solo. has common sense, witty.

8. luke skywalker. saved the jedi order, becomes imensly powerful.

9. darth vader. people who haven even seen SW know who he is, the ultimate badass.

10. dooku. charasmatic, CL plays him, skilled duelist, only 10 because he is nieve (sp?) for thinking that he wont be betrayed as a sth.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu
during order 66? he was killed before. his line? in the novel of episode 2? mace says that line during the movie.

Wtf. I can assure you he was killed during Order 66 and I just checked the movie and it was Mundi that said it - not Mace.

Lighthammer
Yeah Rampt' rght. Mudi was killed on Mygeeto during 66.

exanda kane
Han Solo - one of the best anti-hero turned hero's around, such a loathable yet charming guy.

Obi-Wan (both eras) - the epitomy of the old wizard, not to sound cliche'd but a textbook example.

Revan - the whole "to become the galaxies hero required him to become its greatest enemy" line is great.

Chewie - just look at the guy!

Darth Subjekt
This might seem cliche, but i don't give a damn, lol...

1. Vader - IMO he's what made SW what it was when it came out. So cool, calm, collected on the surface, but will kill you at the drop of a hat.

2. - Anakin Skywalker - Such a pure-hearted kid who, with good in mind, becomes the most evil bastard around.

3. Han Solo - for all reasons stated above.

4. Yoda - the way he explains the force in ESB is classic and shows he is one of the truest ones in the saga.

5. Palps - Oh man, where do I begin? his patience to obtain what he wanted, and nearly succeeded.

6. Leia - gold bikini

7. Jango Fett - all around badass, and taught his boy enough to fill his shoes.

8. Padme - and no joke, thru all the bullshit, she stayed by her man and knew there was still good in him. Shes the down ass chick every man needs...and she's hot angel

9. Qui Gon - I think had he trained Anakin, he never would have turned. i think he's the ONLY one who truly believed in Anakin and gave him respect, to include padme to a point.

10. OB1 - He would have been higher on the list if i never saw the PT, i loved him in the OT, and i thought he was a duesh in the PT until ep3.

had leia never wore that bikini, Dooku may have been on the bottom, as much as Ox makes me hate him ( stick out tongue ) he wasn't too bad. And he did have a DOPE ass lightsaber.

Stun
1. Anakin/Vader - his rise, fall and redemption the most intriguing part of the saga

2. Han Solo - Harrison Ford's finest role. He also had some of the best lines.

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi - Alec Guiness and Ewan McGregor gave the character so much depth, although Alec stole the showstick out tongue

4. Palpatine - Brilliantly portrayed by Ian from start to finish.

5. Artoo/Threepio - The best onscreen double-act.

6. Grand Moff Tarkin - Although a somewhat brief appearance in the saga, he still remains one of my best loved villains. Cushing Rules!

7. Luke Skywalker - His whole destiny amongst the stars, dreams of adventure, finding his true heritage, then finally redeeming his father whilst avoiding the temptations of the dark side - classic

8. Darth Maul - he looks awesome. end oflaughing out loud

9. Revan - I only just this minute found out the huge twist in KotOR - yeh so i started late, but what a character!

10. Boba Fett - Everyone's favourite Bounty Hunter!

lord griffin
smokin'

1. Yoda- he is a wise, powerful and so thigh

2. Revan- once I saw him in the cave in kotor 2, how cool he looked plus I already new he was a champ, I new he was my favorite character.

3. Mandalor- he is the biggest champ/beast in the games. He kicks ass!

4. Darth maul- he was a pimp and the spikes on him were thigh

5. Exar Kun- he rapes all

6. Mace Windu-he brings kills all with this violet sabers

7. Darth Nihilus- he is pretty good, he can devourer planets. How many sith can do that

8. anakin/ vader- you gosta have him he is just a well rounded important character

9. OB1- heis a wise and strong person

10. General Greivous- he is the champest bot out there

smokin'

lord_radar1
First Post!

1. Padme - got a thing for strong chicks.

2. Leia - see above.

3. Aayla Secura - again see above.

4. Mara Jade Skywalker - again.

5. Zam Wessel - Do I need to say it again?

6. Qui Gonn - Most underrated Jedi.

7. Ki-Adi Mundi - Hated watching him die.

8. Tarfang - An Ewok co-pilot sweet.

9. Chewie - Epitome of hero.

10 . R2-D2 - The droid with the best personality (strong female maybe?)

Runners up - The mouse droid Chewie scares on the death star, Commander Cody, Niner, Kal Skirata

Kotor Kicks A$$
1) Revan, The surprise i got in kotor 1 when i found out my charhtor was revan was the greatest twist ever!!!

2)Bastilla, I think she would have/ will be a very strong and cool jedi
( im in middle of kotor 2

3)Maul
4)Luke
5)Vader
6) wookie jedi, is there one? itd be here
7)Mara jade
8)Windu
9)Ki adi Mundi, i cant watch scene where he dies, i close my eyes
10)Malak

Stun
Originally posted by Kotor Kicks A$$
6) wookie jedi, is there one? itd be here

Lowbaccasmokin'

Rampant ox
Originally posted by lord_radar1
The mouse droid Chewie scares on the death star

laughing

Council#13
Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu

blink I take it you don't watch the movies wink

Originally posted by lord_radar1
First Post!

1. Padme - got a thing for strong chicks.

2. Leia - see above.

3. Aayla Secura - again see above.

4. Mara Jade Skywalker - again.

5. Zam Wessel - Do I need to say it again?

6. Qui Gonn - droolio

7. Ki-Adi Mundi - See "Aayla"

8. Tarfang - See "Padme"

9. Chewie - drool

10 . R2-D2 - The droid with the best personality (strong female maybe?)

ermm Awkward
stick out tongue Just kidding
ermm Not that awkward

lord_radar1
Hey now no drooling over them, just because Qui Gonn and Chewie had long hair doesn't make them strong females. Though there was a rumor going around for a long time that Chewie was in fact a Female. Still wouldn't be my first choice, I prefer a slightly less hair woman myself.

starwarsfreak34
Jacen Solo - His torment at the hands of the YV deeply affected me and i'm with him 100% in what he has to do in LotF, plus... who can forget the unifying force?

Vergere - she's such a wonderful enigma, and provides much relief from the whole 'oooh, dark side, light side, oooh, what should i choose' pish.

Anakin Solo - simply because he was the one people thought would take over from Luke, and also because if he hadn't have died his path would be the same as Jacen's i'm sure - oh, and him and Tahiri, and oh, when he joined forced with the Shamed One.

Kyp Durron - another good guy who has a 'ooooh, Dark Side!' Defining moment was when he strove to prevent Jaina from turning to the 'dark side'...

Mace Windu - badass duelist with awesome saber skill - come on, he came up with his own Form... one of a few Old JO i actually liked.

Count Dooku - another of the few old JO i really liked. don't believe he was ever one with the 'dark side'. he was compassionated about his cause and really wanted to save the galaxy his way - kinda like Jacen Solo... plus, he was another fantastic duellist...

Obi-Wan (PT, but post-TPM) - again one of the few PT Jedi. defining moment........ do i need to say it? Anakin vs Obi, such breathtaking skill. another PT Jedi who knew what needed to be done.

Qui-Gon - the original Jedi rebel, listed because... can you imagine what would have happened had he not taken Anakin from Tatooine and brought him before the council - NO STAR WARS! no NJO, no LotF... nada, nothing... (only reason he's low on the list is lack of decent screen time)

C-3PO - he's fun, prissy and down right annoying, but i love him... fave moments were in the Dark Nest trilogy - glad he's getting some screen time in Lotf Tempest.

R2-D2 - defining moment has to be during Dark Nest, when Luke kept uncovering all the secret holorecordings Artoo was trying to hide

SnakeEyes
Good list ^

A lot more unique than some of the others on here.

Dessel
From the AR:
1. Ulic Quel-Droma.
2. Darth Bane.
3. Darth Revan.

From the OR:
1. Quinlan Vos.
2. Mace Windu
3. Sharad Hett.

From the NR:
1. Kyp Durron.
2. Ganner Rhysode.
3. Jaden Korr.
4. Raynar Thul.

BornToRule
Yoda: wise, good with the saber, cool love
Obi-Wan: calm dude.
Han Solo: Smartass
Luke: he stopped the sith even without complete jedi training.

General G
General Grievous- Owned Jedi Masters in the Clone Wars, super fast, super awesome! Crazy character

Sidious- Best lines ever in a movie in episode 6

Revan- Total badass.

Darth Vader/Anakin- Rise and Fall, once again, a total badass and I love the voice and armor

Yoda- backwards talking and extremely wise

Bane- Started a new era of Sith while destroying the old one

Han Solo- smart ass, great shot with a blaster

Darth Nihilus- Uber powerful, killed everything on an entire planet

Lord Kaan- Crazy but intelligent

Maul- Resembles the Sith perfectly, looks like the Devil

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
Jacen Solo - His torment at the hands of the YV deeply affected me and i'm with him 100% in what he has to do in LotF, plus... who can forget the unifying force?

Vergere - she's such a wonderful enigma, and provides much relief from the whole 'oooh, dark side, light side, oooh, what should i choose' pish.

Anakin Solo - simply because he was the one people thought would take over from Luke, and also because if he hadn't have died his path would be the same as Jacen's i'm sure - oh, and him and Tahiri, and oh, when he joined forced with the Shamed One.

Kyp Durron - another good guy who has a 'ooooh, Dark Side!' Defining moment was when he strove to prevent Jaina from turning to the 'dark side'...

Mace Windu - badass duelist with awesome saber skill - come on, he came up with his own Form... one of a few Old JO i actually liked.

Count Dooku - another of the few old JO i really liked. don't believe he was ever one with the 'dark side'. he was compassionated about his cause and really wanted to save the galaxy his way - kinda like Jacen Solo... plus, he was another fantastic duellist...

Obi-Wan (PT, but post-TPM) - again one of the few PT Jedi. defining moment........ do i need to say it? Anakin vs Obi, such breathtaking skill. another PT Jedi who knew what needed to be done.

Qui-Gon - the original Jedi rebel, listed because... can you imagine what would have happened had he not taken Anakin from Tatooine and brought him before the council - NO STAR WARS! no NJO, no LotF... nada, nothing... (only reason he's low on the list is lack of decent screen time)

C-3PO - he's fun, prissy and down right annoying, but i love him... fave moments were in the Dark Nest trilogy - glad he's getting some screen time in Lotf Tempest.

R2-D2 - defining moment has to be during Dark Nest, when Luke kept uncovering all the secret holorecordings Artoo was trying to hide

arrggh! forgot the two best ones. i'm gonna knock off 3po and r2.

Thrawn comes first - for outstanding character and tactical abilities. one of the true good bad guys - and i like the thought that he might still be alive to rescue the galaxy when its in desperate need.

Mara Jade comes after Vergere and before Anakin - come on, she's HOT and lethal.

Antaeus
Top 10
1. Darth Vader (most serious bad guy ever)
2. Luke Skywalker (no Star Wars with out him)
3. Han Solo (humor, smart ass - opposite of Luke)
4. Yoda (great figure, wise - he is the force)
5. Darth Sidious (bad guys make movies great)
6. Obi Wan Kenobi (Wise guy, great in ep. 4)
7. Princess Leia (nice looking girls - a must)
8. R2D2 and C3PO (they are a team)
9. Padme (another good looking girl)
10. The clon army (great uniforms)

Top 2 (WORST - take them out of the movies - better today than tomorrow)
1. Ewoks
2. Jar Jar Binks

General G
Originally posted by Stun
Lowbaccasmokin'

Damn Stun, I love that sig, it's crazy!

Darth Martin
1. Darth Vader- is Star Wars!

2. Mace Windu- coolest jedi IMO. Not afraid of anything. Purple lightsaber, created his own form, put Sidious on his *** w/ ease. "Take a seat young Skywalker." SLJ Should never have died.

3. Yoda- the way he explained the force in ESB. His RotS performance. Perfect example of a Jedi IMO.

4. Darth Maul- had sooo much potential. Best duelist from the movies. Double bladed lightsaber. Perfect example of a Sith.

5. Darth Tyranus- calm, elegant, cunning, and smooth villain. Christopher Lee did an awesome job for this role. Good duelist, pwns Obi Wan left and right. Shows you how Vader should duel in the OT trilogy.

6. General Grievous- got to love his CW role in the cartoon.

7. Obi Wan Kenobi- arguably the best allround jedi. Good duelist, diplomat, pilot, and mentor(for Luke, NOT for Anakin). Got to love his OT role. CLASSIC.

8. Han Solo- probably one of the coolest SW characters. Cunning and full of one-liners. Good shot....oh.....and Han shot first.

9. Boba Fett- if you gave him a fightscene like Jango's in AotC would have been awesome.

10. Ki Adi Mundi- got to love this guy. I felt sorry for him when he died. "Focus, we are Jedi" Classic!

Honorable mentions: R2-D2, C3-PO, Leia, Luke, Padme, and Chewbacca.

Darth Zedster
1.Reven
2.Han solo
3. Bastila
4.exile
5.Yoda
6.Vadar
7.Luke
8. Padme
9. anikon
10.Juhani

P.S I know it's different than all yours so?

braz
1. Darth Vader(pre suit and suited)
2. Darth Maul
3. Boba Fett-EU version, movie version sucks tho IMO.
4. Jango
5. R2D2 wink
6. Yoda
7. Obi Wan
8. Mace Windu
9. Luke
10. IG-88

Darth Martin
bump

Rampant ox
Why the hell did you bump a 6 hour old thread? What the f**k?

The Planet
1. Ulic Quel-Droma. His story in TotJ was so touching and interesting, by far the best EU story, he's like a better Anakin Skywalker in my eyes.

2. Darth Bane. His journey to the darkside was actually realistic, the stuff he does is uber and he's just simply badass, especially in the orbalisk armour.

3. Kas'im. Ultimate swordsman, like a mentor to Bane, but I will say this. Nautolans >>>>> Twileks, they should have made him a Nautolan, the image of him being a Twilek just kinda ruins his character in my eyes.

4. Darth Revan. Looks badass in his costume, is a pimp for fecking Bastilla, his mysteriousness makes him so interesting, does some uber stuff in KotOR. Really, what is there not to like about him? He excels in so many areas.

5. Kit Fisto. He's a Nautolan, enough said. Read Caestus Deception.

6. Master Tholme. Who here doesn't think Sherlock Holmes is dope?

7. Sharad Hett. Tusken Jedi, enough said. Read Outlander.

8. Crado. I don't know why, but for some reason, I just find him awesome. I'm pretty sure I'm alone in this choice.

9. Kyp Durron. He's incredible with the force; controlled a fricking black hole. He's also awesome in Jedi Academy, and he's the ultimate 'bad' jedi.

10. Vodo Siosk-Bass. He's like a cool version of Yoda, looks awesome with his staff.

^Usually Mace Windu and Quinlan Vos would make the list, but I've kinda gone off of them for some reason recently.

Darth Hord
1.Exar Kun- the guy invented a new version of the light saber not to mention he almost destroyed the republic had it it not been for Ulic.
2. General Grevious -The dude is one of the only people with no force potential to kill a jedi with a light saber.
3. Revan- look at the KOTOR games enough said.
4. Anakin/Vader- he is an extremely powerful sith/jedi. If it wasn't for his character star wars would not be what it is today.
5.Darth Maul- Great combat form. Plus he got a nice costume.
6. Boba Fett- He is still mysterious plus I like the fact that he lets guns do the talking for him.
7.Yoda- one of the greatest jedi ever. love the way he talks, plus he stands tall over all.
8.Darth Nihilus-The guy destroyed/ate a planet. He feeds on the force in objects like jedi.
9. Darth Bane- PoD enough said.
10. Tulak Hord- I don't have good reason for why I like him, I just do plus to be called The great light saber duelist of his time which includes many powerful sith lords is saying something about him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.