Assisted suicide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5364400.stm

i find this absoultly Barbaric absoultly ridiculous

lil bitchiness
I am not sure how I feel about this.

If people want to die, why shouldn't they be allowed to do so?

Not sure.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

I know, ey.

Where's Dr. Kevorkian when you need him?

PVS
in the case of the suffering terminally ill, i think assisted suicide should be legal. this, however, is ridiculous.

ladygrim
Originally posted by PVS
in the case of the suffering terminally ill, i think assisted suicide should be legal. this, however, is ridiculous.

Thats exactly what i thought ... sad

ThePittman

D-Double
*feeling unsympathetic*

Eh, why not? .... Thin the heard. Cut the fat. Rather than keeping the world doped to the gills just to function.
Life is pain! Get used to it!
If you want to check out, I'll carry your bags. raver

Robtard
Not sure if it is barbaric... If someone is an adult, has full mental capacities and they no longer want to live, what's wrong with helping them die painlessly? It's better than having them kill themselves with guns, hangings and razor blades.

debbiejo
Not for depression.

Darth_Erebus
Why not? The one life a person should have control over is their own. If someone is mentally competant and wants to die then so be it.

debbiejo
Because in may cases depression can clear up on its own...People in a deep depression can't see that though...........and also there is medication for the treatment of depression.

Nichole
I support Euthanasia, but only if the person in question is terminally ill. Depression can be cured, a terminal illness cannot.

Mišt
I support whatever gets those damn emos off the streets ermm

I kid....so dont reply doped

Council#13
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I am not sure how I feel about this.

Not sure.

Because they waste all the money their parents spent raising them to keep them alive until it was their natural time to die

Bardock42
All for it, whoever wants to die may die, imo.

~Forever*Alone~
i think they should, especially if they arent productive to society.

i dont see why people have a problem with that, it very logical and ethical.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
All for it, whoever wants to die may die, imo. though I might agree, but not for things such as depression, that is a changeable thing............they or most don't realize that.............For most it is only temporary............

tabby999
i'm pro Euthenasia but i think for something as....well its not "cureable", but you know what i mean, as depression.

Damien B
Jesus Christ whats wrong with ppl nothing ment by that but really what must they be thinking please let me know when someone finds the answer dmb

FeceMan
If you're depressed and want to die, have the testicular fortitude to buy the gun and bullet yourself.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
though I might agree, but not for things such as depression, that is a changeable thing............they or most don't realize that.............For most it is only temporary............

It certainly is if they blow their brains out...temporary I mean.

Council#13
If you're truly suicidal, go to a place where you give your body parts/body to science cool

debbiejo
It certainly is if they blow their brains out...temporary I mean. laughing

can't think of a come back for that one.....

Though they have meds. for that ya know........god, 1/2 the US and Europe are on them........I saw the stats.

redcaped
They like this smilie-->laughing the most. Poor People!

Nichole
All for it, whoever wants to die may die, imo.

Even if that person is not in their right frame of mind?

sislobo2000@hot
HELLO,

I USE TO WANT O HURT MYSELF AND WANTED DO suicide, BUT ITS NOT WORTH IT I WANT TO LIVE ITS JUST I LOST EVERY TING IN MY LIFE AND MY HOME AND MY DAUGHTER SHE IS MY WORLD .
BUT NOW I'M FEELING BETTER THOUGHT MEDICATION AND MOST IS PRAYER AND BEIFE IN JESUS !.
THANKS GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!

Death Maker
Yeah, uhm..

*Speechless* no expression

Bardock42

debbiejo
Are you sure?? Oh, that's right you covered yourself with the word "Probably"......

Bardock42
Are you sure?? Oh, that's right you covered yourself with the word "Probably"......

Of course I am not sure. Only fools think they are sure. And i don't need to cover myself with the word probably, as it is implied in all I say. I don't know anything. I don't even know that I don't know anything. I might know something. But I don't know if I know something. Do you understand? You probably don't.

dirkdirden

Syren
I don't think I can answer this for sure. I mean, euthanasia in the case of a terminal illness, I do agree with. But for depression? Where do you draw the line? How do you assess whether someone's quite depressed enough to be allowed that 'Get Out of Jail Free' card? Who makes the final decision? If I were really depressed, I mean really, I would hope that whoever I begged to help me end my life would at least refuse enough times to give me a chance to work through the problems.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Syren
I don't think I can answer this for sure. I mean, euthanasia in the case of a terminal illness, I do agree with. But for depression? Where do you draw the line? How do you assess whether someone's quite depressed enough to be allowed that 'Get Out of Jail Free' card? Who makes the final decision? If I were really depressed, I mean really, I would hope that whoever I begged to help me end my life would at least refuse enough times to give me a chance to work through the problems.

...get out of jail card? What the hell, it's their life, they can decide when to end it. That's as far as it goes.

Syren
Well, that's what it seems like to me. An easy way out. A lot of drepressed people still have family and people who would be devastated if they died. I think it's weak, suicide. But that's just my opinion. I've been in an unhealthy mental state myself and I didn't attempt suicide. It crossed my mind but it wasn't what I really wanted, I wanted to be myself again.

Bardock42
Well, that's what it seems like to me. An easy way out. A lot of drepressed people still have family and people who would be devastated if they died. I think it's weak, suicide. But that's just my opinion. I've been in an unhealthy mental state myself and I didn't attempt suicide. It crossed my mind but it wasn't what I really wanted, I wanted to be myself again.
Not sure if it is easy. It's ****ing hard for me. But it is a way out that everyone should be entitled to. It is not anyones duty to live their life for others.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by sislobo2000@hot
HELLO,

I USE TO WANT O HURT MYSELF AND WANTED DO suicide, BUT ITS NOT WORTH IT I WANT TO LIVE ITS JUST I LOST EVERY TING IN MY LIFE AND MY HOME AND MY DAUGHTER SHE IS MY WORLD .
BUT NOW I'M FEELING BETTER THOUGHT MEDICATION AND MOST IS PRAYER AND BEIFE IN JESUS !.
THANKS GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!

i think that's more of the drugs talking than jesus

Syren
Not sure if it is easy. It's ****ing hard for me. But it is a way out that everyone should be entitled to. It is not anyones duty to live their life for others.

I understand that, but if everyone's entitled to take their own life, as it's theirs, then bringing everyone into the equation is the mistake. Legalising suicide in cases of depression and labelling it euthanasia (which, in the cases of terminal illness, I understand) is what I'm arguing against, not the freedom an individual has to end their own suffering.

It is not anyones duty to live their life for others.

And it is not anyone's duty to help another end their life.

Bardock42
I understand that, but if everyone's entitled to take their own life, as it's theirs, then bringing everyone into the equation is the mistake. Legalising suicide in cases of depression and labelling it euthanasia (which, in the cases of terminal illness, I understand) is what I'm arguing against, not the freedom an individual has to end their own suffering.

It is not anyones duty to live their life for others.

And it is not anyone's duty to help another end their life.

No, but it should be their right. To forbid them is idiotic. It's not like the suicidal person is forcing the other to kill them. They are asking them to help. What has that to do with duty?

Syren
No, but it should be their right. To forbid them is idiotic. It's not like the suicidal person is forcing the other to kill them. They are asking them to help. What has that to do with duty?

It should be an individual's right to end their own life, yes. Fair enough. But when it starts getting blown out of proportion like this, it becomes arguable. I just don't think depression is reason enough for anyone to help another person end their life. When it's terminal illness, it's validated. But imagine how you would feel if someone close to you begged you to help them die because they were depressed, even though they were perfectly healthy physically. Could you do it and live with what you'd done? I couldn't. I'd be forever questioning my decision and wondering if the depression could have been cured. It's not an incurable disease. There's always a chance for recovery. So individual rights stands but involvement of others is where I become uncomfortable.

Bardock42
It should be an individual's right to end their own life, yes. Fair enough. But when it starts getting blown out of proportion like this, it becomes arguable. I just don't think depression is reason enough for anyone to help another person end their life. When it's terminal illness, it's validated. But imagine how you would feel if someone close to you begged you to help them die because they were depressed, even though they were perfectly healthy physically. Could you do it and live with what you'd done? I couldn't. I'd be forever questioning my decision and wondering if the depression could have been cured. It's not an incurable disease. There's always a chance for recovery. So individual rights stands but involvement of others is where I become uncomfortable.

And it should be someone else's right to help that individual if for whatever reasons it needs the help. You want to decide what reasons are acceptable for the person that wants to die and the person that helps. It is none of your business. Those two have to decide if the reason in their case is enough.

See, you think because you couldn't that it would be better to make it illegal. That is wrong reasoning. What is best for you is not best for everyone. Freedom is the better way to go in this case. If I can't live with it afterwards I won't do it. Easy as that.

Syren
Fair enough, but as I said, it makes me uncomfortable. What I think won't change a damn thing so to continue arguing with you would be pointless smile

Bardock42
Fair enough, but as I said, it makes me uncomfortable. What I think won't change a damn thing so to continue arguing with you would be pointless smile
Uncomfortable it may make you. But to deny others due to that uncomfortabilty the possibility is not cool. Bad Syren. Bad.

Syren
Uncomfortable it may make you. But to deny others due to that uncomfortabilty the possibility is not cool. Bad Syren. Bad.

Hey, I don't mean like itchy, or fidgety uncomfortable. I meant that I'm not too sure about my standpoint on this one and I was throwing my points of view out there to see if I could determine what I really thought.

As it stands, I don't think depression is enough reason to justify helping a person to die because there's always a chance of recovery. I'm not making decisions for anyone and as I haven't been in that position myself, I can't be 100% sure anyway.

Don't tell me off weep

Bardock42
Hey, I don't mean like itchy, or fidgety uncomfortable. I meant that I'm not too sure about my standpoint on this one and I was throwing my points of view out there to see if I could determine what I really thought.

As it stands, I don't think depression is enough reason to justify helping a person to die because there's always a chance of recovery. I'm not making decisions for anyone and as I haven't been in that position myself, I can't be 100% sure anyway.

Don't tell me off weep

That's a good thing, Syren. I am proud of you. that is as long as you then adopt my view.

Don't weep cause I told you off.

Syren
That's a good thing, Syren. I am proud of you. that is as long as you then adopt my view.

Don't weep cause I told you off.

Condescending German, shame on you nono

I'm weeping because it usually works in my favour. Clearly not ermm

Bardock42
Condescending German, shame on you nono

I'm weeping because it usually works in my favour. Clearly not ermm

Well, you should weep. Cause I like totally told you off, but you shouldn't weep cause I told you to. It's a win-win situation for me.

Syren
Well, you should weep. Cause I like totally told you off, but you shouldn't weep cause I told you to. It's a win-win situation for me.

I'm sure it is. You're so weird.

Bardock42
I'm sure it is. You're so weird.

I assume in a good way. Am I right? Am I?

debbiejo
I don't know anything. I don't even know that I don't know anything. I might know something. But I don't know if I know something. Do you understand? You probably don't. I do.

confused

Syren
I assume in a good way. Am I right? Am I?

Only the best stick out tongue

BackFire
Helping the depressed die? Sounds good to me, one less whiny annoying shithole yalping around making ME want to kill them.

Syren
Originally posted by BackFire
Helping the depressed die? Sounds good to me, one less whiny annoying shithole yalping around making ME want to kill them.

I know you aren't really as badass as you make out. You big softy *pinches cheeks*

Bardock42
I know you aren't really as badass as you make out. You big softy *pinches cheeks*

I am though. I forward his statement.

Syren
I am though. I forward his statement.

*pinches your cheeks too*

ermm

I'm in, then. As long as they don't expect any help from me. I shall simply nod and smile each time another 'Whiney Emo' has help ending their sad life.

Bardock42
*pinches your cheeks too*

ermm

I'm in, then. As long as they don't expect any help from me. I shall simply nod and smile each time another 'Whiney Emo' has help ending their sad life.

Good. I am unhappy that the Abraham thread got closed.

reggie_jax
word up g

droppin knowledge

Syren
Good. I am unhappy that the Abraham thread got closed.

Get over it eyes

Bardock42
Get over it eyes
No.

Syren
You and Krunk are officially the biggest pricks I've ever met online.

Bardock42
You and Krunk are officially the biggest pricks I've ever met online.

Oh thanks, sweety. It sure is a good size.

Syren
I said 'are' stick out tongue

BackFire

*pinches ass*

Teehee.

Syren
*pinches ass*

Teehee.

*pulls close and snuggles*

You know, I have a soft spot for you eyes

BackFire
Is it....is it your vagina?

Syren
Is it....is it your vagina?

Nope, it's in my heart love

BackFire
What the hell? I can't have sex with that........ Or can I? Duhn duunnnnn duuuunnnnnnnnnnnn!

Syren
laughing

Kayne Archeron
i remember when we had a shorter word for assisted suicide:

murder

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
i remember when we had a shorter word for assisted suicide:

murder

And? You could have called it "cheese" and that wouldn't have changed a thing.

Rogue Jedi
What the hell? I can't have sex with that........ Or can I? Duhn duunnnnn duuuunnnnnnnnnnnn!
dahmer alert!!! big grin

BlackC@
I don't know about that link, but I think Euthanasia should be legalised. Here's why:

Choice is a fundamental democratic principle and is the basis of the Free Enterprise system.
It is a burden to keep people alive past the point they can contribute to society and others.
The pain and suffering a person feels during a disease can be incomprehensible, even with pain relievers, to a person who has not gone through it. Society should not be able to force them to endure such hardship.
Today in many countries there is a shortage of hospital space. The energy of doctors and hospital beds could be used for people whose lives could be saved instead of continuing the life of those who want to die.

chithappens
though I might agree, but not for things such as depression, that is a changeable thing............they or most don't realize that.............For most it is only temporary............

The problems lies in something like this...

Sad Man: Someone kill me now!

Sexy Naked Lady: (walk in) Wanna have sex?

Sad Man: Damn real! smokin'

Flame On!!
Originally posted by BlackC@
I don't know about that link, but I think Euthanasia should be legalised.

laughing

No no expression

Courts deal with assisted Suicide cases with things like suspended sentences in the U.K (sometimes).

Judges have leeway, here at least.

smile

-FO!!

AngryManatee
We need suicide booths like on Futurama.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.