Brain is Fried

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lovethemtigers
I don't know about anyone else on this forum...but I've just about reached the breaking point. I think we've just about disected this movie about as much as a movie can be disected. We've explored every theory, every symbolism, every play of words, every underlying meaning....etc.

I think I even watched the youtube videos as much as I can. Never thought I'd be saying that...just wish I could see the entire movie on DVD....but I'm sure December 5 will be hear before we know it. I do watch my favorite scenes and videos at least once a day...every now and then I miss a day.

This isn't much of a thought process thread. This is the relaxation thread. Just kind of burnt out on all the theories, symbolisms, etc.

All I know is I enjoyed the movie, think it is the greatest movie of all time, love the characters...and Jack Sparrow is my favorite movie character of all time...and Johnny Depp is my favorite actor of all time, and the pairing of Elizabeth and Jack is my favorite couple of all time...I never thought I'd be this addicted to movie...I never have before. And I thought I had it bad for the Notebook...when I watched it every day for one month straight. And in 2003 when I got hooked ON the orgiginal POTC and fell in love with Johnny Depp...I remember going out back then and renting every Johnny Depp movie I could get my hands on. I just had never paid that much attention to Johnny. I had heard of him...remember hearing that in his past he was a hollywood bad boy....and really had kind of forgotten about him until POTC came out. I didn't even go see it at the theatre...I rented it, fell in love with it and ran out to buy the DVD and wondered how I had ignored Johnny D for all these years...cuz I am a bit older than many of you 13 -15 year olds that are head over heels for Johnny...which I find quite funny considering the man is 43 years old. I'm trying to imagine If I was this infatuated with an older actor when I was 13 and can't seem to think of one...so just goes to show what an impact Johnny and his character of Jack Sparrow has on all ages.

katelovespirate
hahaha as a 20 year old i thought i was kind of nuts to crush on JD... though its a strictly actor crush... i dont know anything about him as a person... i just LOVE him as Jack Sparrow. seriously... this character is like, in every way, exactly created to make me (and most of the rest of the world) extremely happy.

i was just so tired of predictable, plodding heroes who said all the same things and always won the girl doing something heroic... and you wonder when these guys eat junk food, or get tempted by a hot chic, or hang out with the boys, ya know? then suddenly, along comes this rogue (in EYELINER no less) who rescues the girl by ripping off her CLOTHES... LOL.... and then proceeds to manipulate everyone into the biggest, most exciting adventure of their lives... all the while betraying everyone, being extremely questionable and sneaky, being HUMAN... vulnerable, gross, dirty, hilarious, lovable, stupid, charming and intense. i could go on for hours. he's just what i needed to help me escape the reality of tests and traffic and blah blah blah. lol.

i like this thread. its nice not to bother about endings and meanings for a bit. big grin

LovelyOne
Oh god I know..I just sat and read the entire script and plotted it around the hero's 12 journeys for each character!..and it all points Jack/Liz will/father..so I'm felling ok now...I had to do this in film studies with about 20 movies based on a hero..somethins they dont add in the refusal of the call byt thats about it..this movie did have a refusal of the call to the special world for each character..what ever the character willingly accepts to do after meeting the mentor IS what they should return home with

this is the first movie/franchise I have ever been this obssesed with and its all because of JACK/LIZ!..and they dont want to screw it up by making it will/Liz..star wars knew what they were doing PotC is basicaly the new star wars of our generation. IMO its now because they have added this J/E thing in

I loved the first..It was a great movie..but I kinda forgot about it..now that this one has come out I have become obssesed..and its all because I watched that kiss scene on youtube again...and spotted something that I didnt spot the first time..SHE ALMOST KISSED HIM AGAIN!..that totaly went over my head..

katelovespirate
oh geee!!!! i LOVE that part!!!!! big grin big grin big grin

hey btw, screw my spoiler free plan, i want to read the first 56 pages of that bloody script. anyone know where i could find it???

LovelyOne
I saw it AGES ago on someones myspace..disney removed it..what I found funny was the fact that certain pages/chunks were "missing"..Jack/Liz *cough*..HUGE chunks were missing laughing out loud
I plotted the steps over the DMC script not thenew one lol

LovelyOne
Liz's special world is falling in love with Jack

Will's special world is actually letting Liz go it seems

Jack's special world is having Elizabeth as an obligation in his life..

Its more of an emotional elixir for the characters..not like a prize..its an emotional prize that they gain from one another.

katelovespirate
blast. i cannot find the script. grrr.

i like the word elixer. its funny. big grin

so i was thinking. if there were no rules and every character could have everything they wanted (even if it overlapped with other character's wants) what would it look like?

Jack: He would come back to life, along with the black pearl and its loyal crew of course. He would single-handedly defeat the entire EITC, along with Davy Jones, and become the most famous, legendary and notorious pirate of ALL TIMES. He would be made King of the Caribbean, showered with wealth, and lastly, would recieve the lovely Elizabeth Swann wearing no dress in his cabin.

Will: Looking very manly and dashing, he would gain 20 pounds of pure muscle and get a bit scruffier. then, he would brilliantly rescue his beloved father, turn pirate and kidnap Elizabeth, and then persuade her to marry him by making her fall in love with him all over again. He and his father would have intense bonding in which they both cry (still looking very manly) and his father tells him how proud he is of him. His blacksmith and fencing skills would suddenly be recognized as the greatest of all time, and he would join Westley as the dread pirate roberts on the pirate ship revenge (oh wait, wrong movie wink).

Norri: After becoming Governor of Port Royal and supreme adviser to the King of England, he would buy a super expensive powdered wig, find a beautiful young trophy wife, and be well respected (though somewhat bored and stiff) for many happy years.

Gibbs: After seeing Jack finally able to love again, Gibbs would stay on board the pearl as first mate forever, where Jack would up his pay to 40% of the plunder, and provide him with a lifetime supply of rum. the emotionally wounded Scarlet would suddenly realize she has really been in love with Gibbs the whole time, and the two of them would set to work starting a happy family. Gibbs would achieve considerable fame as the best friend of the famous Capn Jack, and be able to afford a trip to the barber now and then.

Elizabeth: She would figure out whatever the hell she wants and get it while its still there to be got. lol.

lovethemtigers
okay this is the relaxation thread....just kidding. I am so worked up about this movie...I can never relax when thinking about it and where it will lead us....I know I for one will have my heart pounding...when and if I enter the theatres in May of next year...depends on what is revealed on the DMC DVD and the trailers they release. I know Katelovespirate...you believe no matter what ending we are dealt it will be a great movie...and you are right...plus, how can it not be with Johnny D the star...but, I must say I will really be disappointed if Jack/Liz do not "get" each other....but that's just me...that's how obsessed I am with the pairing....so....depending on what I pick up on...I may wait for the DVD...NOT>>>>>>I know I will have to take my little boy to see it...He Loves Jack Sparrow and the Pirate Movies...so....

Anyways....I thought it was funny...I was bored earlier...I'm off this week...so I watched the audio commentaries (some of it) from POTC 1 and thought it was quite funny when Gore and Johnny are talking about Orlando...and Gore says they had to keep reminding Orlando that his character was suppose to be a "Dork" gosh does that not adequately describe Will or what??!!! LOL.....Gore said Orlando kept wanting to be like JAck/Johnny...and he isn't...that's so funny. JOhnny kept refering to Keira and Orlando as kids...and what tremendous actors they were for their age and what a great job Keira's parents had done raising her. I honestly would have never guessed that Keira was 17 when the movie was filmed...she looked like she was in her early twenties.

and of course this was three years ago...but they kept talking about what a cute couple Orlando and Keira made...and how beautiful they look together...ughhhhh

sailorleo
just so you know i'm dyslexic and i keep thinking this reads brian is fired...and i'm like..who's brian?

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by sailorleo
just so you know i'm dyslexic and i keep thinking this reads brian is fired...and i'm like..who's brian?

LOL - when i originally entered it I typed Brian and had to edit.... laughing

ivebeendepped43
just so you know i'm dyslexic and i keep thinking this reads brian is fired...and i'm like..who's brian? ditto! im not dyslexic tho.

LovelyOne

LMAO..omg you're great laughing out loud

I love this place lol

I'm mildly dyslexic and you TOTALLY kick my ass at spelling and grammar

katelovespirate
dude, im dyslexic too. its like, an epidemic here. LOL.... i have to re-type like everything i post. hahaha.

i like this thread.

i havent watched all the commentaries... just keira and jack d's, and parts of the johnny one, and the one with the writers (and they were all SO boring except for Keira and Jacks, which was hilarious).

lovethemtigers
Yeah I've watched a little of Keira and jack D....there's is funny. The Johnny and Gore one gets boring....when it's the rescue scene..they don't even comment about it...Johnny is too busy talking about what a great job the crew does on the set and the make-up..etc.

lovethemtigers
I've had those DVD's for over 2 years...and since DMC came out I finally watched the commentaries....

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Yeah I've watched a little of Keira and jack D....there's is funny. The Johnny and Gore one gets boring....when it's the rescue scene..they don't even comment about it...Johnny is too busy talking about what a great job the crew does on the set and the make-up..etc.

lol.......Oh my I agree..

I think one of the funniest moments was Keira telling Jack to shut up because the movie was starting or something along those lines

I doubt the movie 2 commentary will be too obvious..they wont talk all that much about whats going on emotionally in the Jack/Liz scenes..i bet you..if they do it will be their annoying cryptic where they try to make it sound Will/Liz..if they do point it will/liz. I'm not going to be worried because they never talk about whats really happening if its on the commentary and movie 3 is not even out yet.

thing is they can actually say she's choosing Will there in that scene instead of jack..because she is..I bet they wont even MENTION its because she is denying herself the temptation of Jack...because it gives it away..its stage 3..she's decided to deny herself the call to adventure because she is afraid of being with Jack..they wont say that I bet you..not a sausage. she takes 2 more steps before the movie ends..they wont mention that either..they'll probably say "she's feeling guilty" but they wont say WHY..because the true reason is she refused a man who loves her basically and needs her in his life and she's thinking about how bad it was to give up on him like that IMO..and she then accepts to go in pursuit of him because of that reason .,,she takes the first threshold (acceptance of the adventure)..they wont mention that either they'll probably be conveniently distracted by Tia's wardrobe design or something..lol

she was stuck on stage 1 for the majority of the movie..so the writers/directors can all say "yes she really wants Will here" all they want to because that is what that stage is all about once they have been placed in the special word, something new and unfimiliar..it makes them"feel like a "fish out of water" and Yes Liz behaves and feels like that..she's not comfortable at ALL when ever her new feelings of Jack are brought into question.

katelovespirate
LOL yeah I HATE that... the most intense, dramatic, emotional moments of the WHOLE FILM and the are FREAKING TALKING ABOUT the crew or the SET DESIGN or the WEATHER THAT DAY. ARGGGGGGGGH~H~~

i can ttoally see them taking like 15 minutes to discuss Tia's wardrobe and skipping right over the tia/jack backstory, the tia/will confrontation, all of it.

and during the kiss scene, here's laying down money that Keira will be talking about her finger nails and how short they are at this point instead of whats ACTUALLY going on in the scene. And Johnny will be making father time jokes again. ARGHGHHHH...

lovethemtigers
True...Johnny will probably say something like..."oh there's poor old captain Jack falling victim to the seduction of a beautiful young woman...I'm like a thousand years old and she is a baby...I've known her since she was 17...and I'm in my 40's...poor girl having to kiss this old man - old enough to be her father.....Poor bastard actually thinks he stands a chance..he's so lustful he doesn't even realize she is choosing to save Will and leave him to death he's just so estatic that he actually go a passionate kiss from said young strumpet"

yeah, ugghhhh.....cuz in my mind...for the movie purposes...Liz is like 22ish and Jack is 35ish....not that much older.

lovethemtigers
wow Johnny and Keira or Jack/Elizabeth just look so beautiful together in my book....not Will and Elizabeth....

PirateDiva
I know this whole Jack/Liz talk is totally raising my expectations of their relationship going further when in reality it is a Disney movie and you know Will is going to get the girl! It practically slipped out of Orlandos mouth when he was a guest on TRL on MTV!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
True...Johnny will probably say something like..."oh there's poor old captain Jack falling victim to the seduction of a beautiful young woman...I'm like a thousand years old and she is a baby...I've known her since she was 17...and I'm in my 40's...poor girl having to kiss this old man - old enough to be her father.....Poor bastard actually thinks he stands a chance..he's so lustful he doesn't even realize she is choosing to save Will and leave him to death he's just so estatic that he actually go a passionate kiss from said young strumpet"

yeah, ugghhhh.....cuz in my mind...for the movie purposes...Liz is like 22ish and Jack is 35ish....not that much older.

and for gods sake! Norrington is about the same age as Jack..possibly a few years younger and I dont hear out cry of disgust from the W/E shippers on that little age gap..because Norrington is not such a threat to Will/Liz

"don't want to interrupt your discussions (because, you know, we intended there to be a lot about the movie to discuss),

Found that interesting when Ted said that..its like they HAVE put in lots of little Jack/Liz hints etc for everyone to figure out..and him just blatantly telling people Will/Liz like in that thing where he said they would both mature and where they said the point in which each character has emotionally ended by movie 2 is all the closure you need for will/Jack/Liz triangle..everyone says oh yay will LIZ! but its NOT when you look at what they are saying properly..and you look at the 12 steps..even what they say is a hint!

they are totally using smokescreens etc...look what all the hints and stuff added have caused..a HUGE fanbase for Jack/Liz

the W/E shippers are terrified of all of these little hints I notice..you mention them to the W/E shippers and they fight back and say its insignificant..you say it to the J/E shippers and everyone gets excited..its made the movie far more exciting

PirateDiva
I totally agree with u lovely one....JACK/ LIZ do have a huge fan base! it's pretty mind blowing... i hope the writers are aware of this and actually take it and do something with it! It does infact bring an even bigger element to the story i think thats why Pirates 2 did so much better than Pirates 1! People are intrigued by Jack and Liz!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.