Invisible Woman vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
The fight occurs in an adamantium room.

The room is a 6x6x6 foot cube.

It's illuminated inside and air can get in and out because a wizard did it.

They start in opposite corners of the room.

Discuss.

Yes, I can see the other thread too. But I was making this one first. sad

Lucid Lui
Sue. Easily.

Validus
Claw blitz

srankmissingnin
I think Wolverine could cover the six feet before she raised a shield and from there he only needs to hit her once, claws or not.

Metalmanx
Canadian blitz for the win!

Or, ya know, Sue wins.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think Wolverine could cover the six feet before she raised a shield and from there he only needs to hit her once, claws or not. Pythagoras' Theorem.

Validus
I think Wolverine could cover the six feet before she raised a shield and from there he only needs to hit her once, claws or not.
Who drew Grifter in your avatar?

Lucid Lui
This all hinges on whether or not Wolverine can get to her fast enough. That's not enough to give him a majority win IMO.

galan7777777
IW ftw frost3et

Metalmanx

I beg to differ.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0012ii0.jpg

That is, unless Wolverine is faster than lightning now.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
This all hinges on whether or not Wolverine can get to her fast enough. That's not enough to give him a majority win IMO.

It's only six feet... and he only needs to move three to be able to deck her. Shouldn't be a problem to get the majority IMO.

Validus
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I beg to differ.

Clor gave a warning though.

xmarksthespot
It's only six feet... Diagonal corners. Pythagoras' Theorem.

ExodusCloak
It's only six feet... and he only needs to move three to be able to deck her. Shouldn't be a problem to get the majority IMO.

8 and a bit feet..a bit less then 8.5 ish....there in opposite corners remember....but then again what's a few feet...

xmarksthespot
There's a reason I chose a 6x6x6 dimensions... aside from the fact that Sue is 5'6 and Wolverine is 5'3.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
8 and a bit feet..a bit lesst then 8.5 ish....there in opposite corners remember....but then again what's a few feet...

Oh, I missed reading that they were in opposite corners, just assumed they were just leaning against a wall. My mistake

srankmissingnin
I beg to differ.

You need to read between the panels Metalmanx. I interpreted that as Sue throwing up that shield the moment clone Thor said "You're all going down," before he actually summoned the lighting (since it was pretty clear what his intentions where). Unless... unless you think Sue is faster then light.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Diagonal corners. Pythagoras' Theorem.

I was wondering why you were going on about the Pythagorean Theorem just seemed stranged before it was pointed out they where in opposite corners of the room lol

xmarksthespot
I was wondering why you were going on about the Pythagorean Theorem just seemed stranged before it was pointed out they where in opposite corners of the room lol Accounting for the volume occupied by their bodies they're pretty much 2 metres apart.

H. S. 6
Doesn't Sue conjure her shields with a thought?

And Wolverine can't move at the speed of thought, last time I checked.

Sue wins.

Metalmanx
You need to read between the panels Metalmanx. I interpreted that as Sue throwing up that shield the moment clone Thor said "You're all going down," before he actually summoned the lighting (since it was pretty clear what his intentions where). Unless... unless you think Sue is faster then light.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think she was able to construct that shield while the lightning was en route. However, I still feel that she was able to raise that shield with considerable speed, given the circumstances.

I read between the panels, thanks. I know he made the threat. But it's not like he waited a few days to actually follow through. Comic-wise, he was most likely (I think this is fair to assume, since Clor apparently doesn't waste time before dishing out damage) summoning the lightning during the sentence.

That said, I feel that Sue can easily construct a shield before Wolverine clears the approximate 8.5 feet. Even a little one can stop him.

Validus
Originally posted by Validus
Who drew Grifter in your avatar?
sad

xmarksthespot
sad Aww. Does someone need a hug.

Validus
Aww. Does someone need a hug.
Hugs are for wussies....

Please, hug me. sad

srankmissingnin
Don't get me wrong. I don't think she was able to construct that shield while the lightning was en route. However, I still feel that she was able to raise that shield with considerable speed, given the circumstances.

I read between the panels, thanks. I know he made the threat. But it's not like he waited a few days to actually follow through. Comic-wise, he was most likely (I think this is fair to assume, since Clor apparently doesn't waste time before dishing out damage) summoning the lightning during the sentence.

That said, I feel that Sue can easily construct a shield before Wolverine clears the approximate 8.5 feet. Even a little one can stop him.

*shrugs*

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

xmarksthespot
*shrugs*

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You made Val sad. Answer his question or I will be forced to drop a multiverse on your dome piece.

srankmissingnin
I'm looking for it Validus hehe. It was one of the 3.0 covers... or maybe one of the Sleepers covers.

srankmissingnin
The artist is Travis Charest cover of Wildcats v2 #1.

Validus
The artist is Travis Charest
<3 love

srankmissingnin
<3 love

Not a problem

Ultraman Baltan

Discuss.

no expression Sue put up her shield before a bullet hit. Wolverine dies quickly.

Horrificus
This is rediculous.
She can put up a shield at the speed of thought.
Even if it took a second, she could still do it before Logan gets her.
Look, he is not a speedster. People try to give him attributes that he doesn't have.
Sue can kill him 50 different ways.

Darth Martin
Spite thread.

Grimm22

Your kidding me right? no expression

There is NOTHING Wolverine can do to hurt Sue.

Grimm22
Wolverine has as much of a chance of winning this fight as I do scoring with Jessica Alba no expression

Validus
Originally posted by Grimm22
Your kidding me right? no expression

There is NOTHING Wolverine can do to hurt Sue.
I don't think you understood his post.

Soleran
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wolverine has as much of a chance of winning this fight as I do scoring with Jessica Alba no expression

You're a pretty lucky guy then, huh!

lando005
GOLIATH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
oh and sue sufficates hiim by putting 2 forcefields in his lungs like she did during enemy of the state

Grimm22
Originally posted by lando005
GOLIATH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
oh and sue sufficates hiim by putting 2 forcefields in his lungs like she did during enemy of the state

Bah, even that was crap in that arc.

If Sue really wanted to she could have killed Wolverine in half a second if not less than that

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Spite thread. Actually it was meticulously thought out...

They're pretty much exactly two metres apart. The distance which I am told by some he can apparently speedblitz before pretty much all other people can think anything whatsoever.

Grimm22
Actually it was meticulously thought out...

They're pretty much exactly two metres apart. The distance which I am told by some he can apparently speedblitz before pretty much all other people can think anything whatsoever.

Dear god I cant believe that people really think Wolverine is faster than the speed of thought no expression

Maybe if he was running, but not in a fight

Tha C-Master
So it's basically down to the velocity of Sue's shield and Wolverine's entire body, I say Sue's forcefield has the higher velocity due to forum rules on speed of thought.

xmarksthespot
Not so much the velocity of her shield. Basically the latency of her erecting a forcefield via thought vs the latency of Wolverine's thought and movement.

Tha C-Master
Not so much the velocity of her shield. Basically the latency of her erecting a forcefield via thought vs the latency of Wolverine's thought and movement. Well, I was going by forum rules which had them the same, but I understand the concern of people saying he is even faster.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well, I was going by forum rules which had them the same, but I understand the concern of people saying he is even faster. His thoughts may be faster, although I've yet to be convince, but even if they are they are still followed by his action. Just to move across 2m even if he could instantly hit 50mph, which again I don't think he can, it would still take him around .1 seconds.

Sue's powers are a notch slower than telepathy. .1 seconds should probably be enough to erect a defense.

lando005
i would say sue is faster for 2 reasons
1 it takes less than a nano second for her brain to concusly process the thought of raising her shield and activiating her power

and 2 sue's been useing her powers for so long that they've become second nature to her even if wolverine lunges at her when she's not paying attention he body would probably instinctively throw up a field (even a skin tight one) and probably turn her invisible

Tha C-Master
His thoughts may be faster, although I've yet to be convince, but even if they are they are still followed by his action. Just to move across 2m even if he could instantly hit 50mph, which again I don't think he can, it would still take him around .1 seconds.

Sue's powers are a notch slower than telepathy. .1 seconds should probably be enough to erect a defense. Right, this is like the "Mental Assault" thread with Sue vs Emma, but Wolverine's action itself still requires more time than Sue's field. Wolverine MUST think to move, no matter how instinctual it seems, the initial thought is the most thought out.

Scarlet315
I beg to differ.

Damn Sue looks hot in that pic...sorry what was the question?

lando005
Originally posted by Scarlet315
Damn Sue looks hot in that pic...sorry what was the question? hey at this rate she'll be back on the market

MightyEInherjar
I say Sue puts up her barrier and stuffs him into a corner till he suffocates. (does he have to breathe?)

bigbran
Sue 10/10

marvelprince
Sue beats him. Wolverine must think first thewn move while all Sue has to do is think and shields are up. This is basically a question if Wolverine can cover 2m in less time than it takes Sue to think. The answer is no

Alfheim

Discuss.

This isn't a spite thread?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Alfheim
This isn't a spite thread?

Nope...believe it or not it's not meant to be one....there's an epidemic on KMC where some believe Wolvey could actually speedblitz person before they can manifest a thought...

Grimm22
Maybe if Wolverine started out with his fist to Sue's skull he might have a chance, but even that is doubtful

juggernaut66666
wolverine just sends one of his avatars to take care of sue

complexbrother

Lighting is not light, and Sue's powers work at the speed of thought. she don't even need to throw up a sheild around herself, she would start off by throwing one around Wolvie, then place one in his head and "POW!" no more wolvie.

Fanboy
Wolverine gets turned into a vegetable after Sue explodes his brain.

bigbran
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
wolverine just sends one of his avatars to take care of sue laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.