Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ankur29
guys great new , 3 days ago i recieved an email form Mike Fichera (the official handbook wroiter of spiderman)

i had recently asked him wehtehr spidey's strength had chaned from the "other series" and what spidey's marvel.com bio meant by

"but his current strength level after his rebirth has yet to be determined"

(wheter it had increased or decreased from 15 tons)

mike Fichera replied on teh 19th saying

"Sorry I haven't been able to reply.
My jobs and kids and responsibilities have really hit hard this month.

I've attached a page from the Offiical Handbook Deluxe Ed Book of the Dead #17 - it's from the 80s, and Spidey's strenght has gone up, but it's a nice summary. Sentry's profile will be published soon."
-Mike

do not concern yourself with the other things in his quote other than "spidey's strengh has gone up" eek! eek! big grin big grin stick out tongue

Arahan
sweet. Class 30 ftw

Black Adam
Originally posted by ankur29
guys great new , 3 days ago i recieved an email form Mike Fichera (the official handbook wroiter of spiderman)

i had recently asked him wehtehr spidey's strength had chaned from the "other series" and what spidey's marvel.com bio meant by

"but his current strength level after his rebirth has yet to be determined"

(wheter it had increased or decreased from 15 tons)

mike Fichera replied on teh 19th saying

"Sorry I haven't been able to reply.
My jobs and kids and responsibilities have really hit hard this month.

I've attached a page from the Offiical Handbook Deluxe Ed Book of the Dead #17 - it's from the 80s, and Spidey's strenght has gone up, but it's a nice summary. Sentry's profile will be published soon."
-Mike

do not concern yourself with the other things in his quote other than "spidey's strengh has gone up" eek! eek! big grin big grin stick out tongue

what is it with you and stats?

Arahan
He just wants to see Spidey getting stronger.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Arahan
He just wants to see Spidey getting stronger.

gets annoying once he's asked about stats for the hundredth time.

and do they really matter? it's not like writers stick to them anyway.

Validus
I've attached a page from the Offiical Handbook Deluxe Ed Book of the Dead #17 - it's from the 80s, and Spidey's strenght has gone up, but it's a nice summary.
-Mike

What?

His strength going up from the 80s isn't news.

jeffrodini
I believe this. The quotes from his email are the only parts with no words spelled wrong.

ankur29
Originally posted by Black Adam
what is it with you and stats?

its not me , i just feel spidey's superstrength is not at all considered , he is drawn as an anorecsic kid as it is , but he can bench over 15 tons
his superstrength is never taken into account in a fight , he fights guys who are far weaker but can never get a KO ,he fights weaker guys and his superior strength is not at all potaryed ,him being stronger will affect his fights hopefulkly more wins big grin big grin

Arahan
its not me , i just feel spidey's superstrength is not at all considered , he is drawn as an anorecsic kid as it is , but he can bench over 15 tons
his superstrength is never taken into account in a fight , he fights guys who are far weaker but can never get a KO ,he fights weaker guys and his superior strength is not at all potaryed ,him being stronger will affect his fights hopefulkly more wins big grin big grin

Yes Spidey should KO guys like Doc Ock or Vulture with just one hit.
The damn *holding back* thing is the excuse for the writers.

After all this years Spidey didnt learn how to control his strength
and hit humans or less pwerful guys with the neccessary force
to knock them out quickly. This is ridiculious yes but it is a comic.

ankur29
i am talking about figts with DD and cap they have nowhere near his strength

ankur29
Originally posted by Validus
What?

His strength going up from the 80s isn't news.

thast something else he was talking about

Arahan
Actually Doc Ock is human. He has no powers.
The only dangerous things are his tentacles but Spidey
punched Dock Ock before, he hit him a sveral times
but we all know that he could ko him with just one blow.

Same goes for DD. He has no physical superhuman stats.

One Spidey kick to the head and Matt goes to bed big grin

Inhuman
if spidey never held back and didnt care about killing in his fights they would go something like this.

vs DD
daredevil dodges for a minute or 2 till spiderman punches a hole in his chest. fight over.

vs. doc oc
spiderman dodges the tentacles for a bit then lands a kick on doc ocs head. dr. ocs head flies off his shoulders.

ect

Arahan
Originally posted by Inhuman
if spidey never held back and didnt care about killing in his fights they would go something like this.

vs DD
daredevil dodges for a minute or 2 till spiderman punches a hole in his chest. fight over.

vs. doc oc
spiderman dodges the tentacles for a bit then lands a kick on doc ocs head. dr. ocs head flies off his shoulders.

ect

That would be awesome except for DD.
Spidey needs more powerful foes.

H. S. 6
So do you have the scan of the page he attached?

Tha C-Master

and do they really matter? it's not like writers stick to them anyway. With things like strength they are... or else people will say things like, "he can't ko Ock".

ankur29
Originally posted by H. S. 6
So do you have the scan of the page he attached?

i do , but it has nothing to do with spidey's stats being upgraded , its from some 80's guide explaining strength in marvel or summin like dat

H. S. 6
i do , but it has nothing to do with psidey's stats being upgraded , its from some 80's guide explaining strength in marvel or summin like dat

Oh. I see.

ankur29
regardless of how many times i have said that spidey is class 20 now , and how many times other people have also said it , i do not think his upgrade will be to classs 20 , i think it will be just over 15 tons but under 20 , something like 18 tons

Arahan
I hope not. Spidey deserves to be in the class 20 range.

Jyppe
What does strength have to do with anything (Don't answer that smile )

Spider-man's fighting style encorporates agility, speed, his awesome reflexes and his witty jokes. Personally I couldn't care for sh*t about his strength. Sure it's good to see him doing some awesome things, but IMO Sider-man isn't about strength. Exactly why I'm more comfortable with Ult.Spider-man. He's not supposed to be this car throwing big muscled Hulk wannabe..

His strenght should be above ANY Normal human being (including those peak humans, like Wolverine and Cap) He shouldn't have big muscle either.. It helps to create the illusion that he's supposed to be an average guy while not fighting Venom and Octopuss*.

---
Besides, his strength doesn't propably matter at all since he'd be propably holding back against Galactus too. Only way to make a fight "realistic" would have the opponent say "After you, I'm going to kill your wife and aunt!!!11" Imagine Cap saying that sick

ankur29
i emailed mike again thsi is what he said

"Last was 15 tons. He may stay the same. I have to confer with the editors to see if they want to add strength to his other recent physical upgrades."

freakin handbook writers just cant make up thier mind

manjaro
is STR incease should have been well documented cuz he has had two major upgrades in the last 5yrs.. the first one being when that bug lady had literally raped him and got him pregnant,turning him into a giant spider in the meantime, then when he emerged not only did he gain organic webs, and the ability to talk to insects, he STR got a slight nudge,,and that was when he officailly became class 15..and then after "the other" all his attirbutes doubled, including his speed ,reflexes, and spidey sense.so i would put him at about 25-30tons..the same tier luke cage is currently at

Arahan
well actually you are right but he is still shown like he is classic spidey except for the stingers.
They didnt really show his new speed or strength.

Ricodrayz
Spidey is popular and will be class 100 soon laughing laughing

Arahan
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Spidey is popular and will be class 100 soon laughing laughing

No one wants him class 100. Class 20-25 would be just fine.

Ricodrayz
No one wants him class 100. Class 20-25 would be just fine. Doesn't matter if you want him at 100, he will be 100 sooner or later laughing

I don't want him to strong because he was already a well rounded person that had his troubles in fights. Now they keep making him stronger so soon he will ko the hulk in like 5 hits.

Arahan
dont worry even if he gets stronger he would still lose
against guys like wolverine, daredevil or captain america big grin

Ricodrayz
dont worry even if he gets stronger he would still lose
against guys like wolverine, daredevil or captain america big grin Marvel is so dumb, Wolverine meets sentry in the next issue or some shit I hear laughing
Alot of Marvel stories went down hill grrr I use to love marvel sad the best *Goes to get the Marvel game anyway*

Marvel could kiss my ass *Reads DC again*

Arahan
yeah this wolverine thing bugs me too.
Sentry could just throw him in to the sun.

rip his arms off etc. What is marvel thinking.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Validus
What?

His strength going up from the 80s isn't news. no kidding...given 20 years any fools body strength can go up unless your some stoned out couch potatoe. (about worst post ive seen)

ankur29
guys i have a question , if spidey did weightlifting (with really heavy weights) and he got more muscular (around captain america's health) would he be able to jump higher and lift more?

Inhuman
guys i have a question , if spidey did weightlifting (with really heavy weights) and he got more muscular (around captain america's health) would he be able to jump higher and lift more?

better question is can super heroes that have a base strength increse their strength with working out/lifting weights?
Like a normal skinny person who has a base strength and then works out, he gets stronger.
Why would it be different for super heros just cause they are stronger?

ankur29
precisely my point ,

any direct answer to the question inhuman has put so well?

Jyppe
Depends on the source of the addinational strength. Let's say character A's strength is augmented by magic, I'd doubt his strength would grow by increasing addinational muscle mass.

Now character B's strength comes from genetics/tests done to his body. I'd say he'd be able to increase his strength by adding more muscle, but I'd recon it would be harder for him as I'd figure his strength comes from tightly packed muscles. His muscles would be denser than average people's.

But nearly everyone with superstrength seems to be very muscular, except the womans. With the exception of She Hulk, who at times looks like an anorexic model..

manjaro
she hulk is the prime example..to beat the champion she worked out in her human form for three months, and while not achieving peak human condition, it was still enuff to almost quintouple her she hulk strength. cuz you see jen walters is just a reg. chick who is in ok shape could you imagine how strong she would be if she was peak human?...the same way after all this time, banner is still a 90 pound weakling, can you f ****ing imagine how strong the hulk would be if bruce puts on like 30 pounds of muscle from reg. excersise?

marvelprince
I always that the Hulk was inversely proportional to Bruce. I mean that the reason Hulk is so strong is cause Bruce is so weak (you know, opposites). Wouldn't if Bruce got stronger make the Hulk weaker? Or am I just so tired that I'm making this stuff up?

Arahan
interessting theory.

DigiMark007

and do they really matter? it's not like writers stick to them anyway.

Co-signed.

And this is about the 3rd thread ankur's made about this kind of thing. No one really cares anymore ankur, and the stats are secondary to feats anyway (always have been) so it's not really important.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.