Jealousy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quiero Mota
Do you think jealousy is a positive or a negative emotion?

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Jealousy is most definately a negative emotion. Though jealousy can be used to protect someone or for whatever the reason may be, it gives off nothing but negative energy. For instance, my jealousy over Daniel when he and I were together.

debbiejo
It is the root of all evil................It is negative, and paranoid, and self centered.........To me it is the opposite of love.

~Forever*Alone~
jealousy is good, it makes people be competitive, and competition is good,

of course, i dont let my emotinos rule me so i dont really know what thats like...

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by debbiejo
It is the root of all evil................It is negative, and paranoid, and self centered.........To me it is the opposite of love.

You are so right. Its an extreamly dangerous emotion, and I am feeling it it conciously.

I shall go meditate to get rid of it, because it is hurting me, more than anyone else.

Being jealous, or hating is like getting a hold of a red hot metal rod with an intention of throwing it at someone else.
You're the one getting burned.

ADarksideJedi
More people would be loving more if there was no jealousy in this world!Man do I sound like a hippy!jm sad

Gouki
I have an issue with Jealousy, I think I inherited it from my parents, both are pretty jealous people, especially my mom. I agree that the emotion is a negative one. I'm seriously doubting of getting a girlfriend in the future just considering the fact on how jealous I can become.

Imperial_Samura
By itself jealousy is not good, it doesn't do good things for the mind, or for ones mental well being. The only positive is if you can successful use it to motivate yourself in a good direction.

Let jealousy go, or use to to energise oneself to attain something so jealousy isn't needed (but not in a soap show kind of way where you poison someone to get their money or boyfriend or something.)

dawsey28
Hmmmmmmmmm.... my girlfriend is extremely jealous. And I like it, actually. Why? Because her actions make me KNOW that she wants me and she doesn't want anyone else to have me. I kind of feel good about myself because of it. Not that I have to have something like that to raise my self-esteem, but I guess in a weird sort of way, it can be a positive feeling. But for the most part, I know it can be a very negative emotion.

Kaled
Jealously seems to me to be a terrible feeling to have. Its wicked, cruel, treacherous and can cause alot of bad acts.

Its like herion, if you let it control you, if can push away family and friends, it can consume you, make you a vicous person, cause betrayal. So many war in history were caused because of such an emotion, countless lives lost.

i think to me ultimatly Jealously is an after-math of fear, fear that hides deep inside us, coming out in indirect ways. Arguably the most dangerous emotion within us

to me its the exactly opposite of friendship

hate is the opposite of love, and what a terrible emotion that is sad

Madman_V3N0M
I'm sooo jealous of you alll!

debbiejo
It is negative and controlling of another and if you don't like it then you are in greened eyed monster...........and that monster will never ever do you any good..............It is an emotion and with that, it will overwhelm your logical systems.................jealousy is not any good................nope.............

Remove that emotion from the logical thought...........They cannot combined and make a wise decision.............

Naib
Do you think jealousy is a positive or a negative emotion? it's neither good, nor bad. but if you allow it to control how you feel, then most likely your self-esteem is rather low. as for competitive purposes, that's not jealousy...that's envy.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Kaled
Jealously seems to me to be a terrible feeling to have. Its wicked, cruel, treacherous and can cause alot of bad acts.

Its like herion, if you let it control you, if can push away family and friends, it can consume you, make you a vicous person, cause betrayal. So many war in history were caused because of such an emotion, countless lives lost.

i think to me ultimatly Jealously is an after-math of fear, fear that hides deep inside us, coming out in indirect ways. Arguably the most dangerous emotion within us

to me its the exactly opposite of friendship

hate is the opposite of love, and what a terrible emotion that is sad Isn't hate the opposite of love,.??

and with that the green eyed monster will destroy you if you let it..............it is a feeling, that is all.........not factual.........and that is what counts...............and also, this feeling can be get rid of.............. smile smile

Naib
Isn't hate the opposite of love,.??

and with that the green eyed monster will destroy you if you let it..............it is a feeling, that is all.........not factual.........and that is what counts...............and also, this feeling can be get rid of.............. smile smile seems to me all your doing is digging a hole through a brick wall with a plastic spoon trying to convince these people with your views. me...i prefer a spork.

Kaled
Isn't hate the opposite of love,.??

and with that the green eyed monster will destroy you if you let it..............it is a feeling, that is all.........not factual.........and that is what counts...............and also, this feeling can be get rid of.............. smile smile

Yeah thats what i meant erm

yeah, the devourer sad
banish that beast happy

debbiejo
you might want to get more experience on this topic.

redcaped
It depends on the person who's jealous. They all act the same way as much as the victim of this. It is a rarity to find a different origin other than fear. If you are strong willing, think straight, and your partner is good looking all you have to do is make your point clear and make sure they understand. Failure to this act firmly and don't show weakness or they will conquer you.

FoxMeister
im jealous of people who are cruel because they get away with being asses. Or am i just hating them.

AOR

Jealousy is always negative. There can be determination that is based off of wishing to want to have through work and merit. But jealousy/envy are vices that should be avoided...

Kayne Archeron
Jealousy is one of our worst emotions, but it's negative emotions that make having the positive emotions all the more desirable

Kaled
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
Jealousy is one of our worst emotions, but it's negative emotions that make having the positive emotions all the more desirable

if there is no bad there can be no good

i was thinking and supposing on this topic jealousy could be used to a positive effect, but it would have to be well controlled

for example in the 50' there were many kids who had no money and they had a strong jealousy of rich people, and that inspired them to do good.

Storm
Jealousy can keep us under a sense of discouraging frustration and disappointment. It makes us gloomy. It' s one of those unnecessary evils we burden ourselves with at times.

But you can turn jealousy into a positive factor, a motive to achieve, ambition to drive you to get what you want.

Marth18
thats why lucifer is in hell!

redcaped
This is need. You don't have problems you don't have needs. Wish the devil never hear you.

Charmed_Phoebe
jealousy is very bad; but I believe we all feel it from time to time. when a friend wins a prize, when a lover likes someone else, when someone is way better off than you are and seem to have it made, etc. etc.

I personally feel jealousy a lot, and I know I shoudn't. I envy just about everyone, because just about everyone has it better than me.

However, right now I have someone wonderful in my life! Without that person I would fall, but that does not make my jealousy go away. Right now I am jealous of my grandfathers new family....he ditched me and got a new family...and he was my only family.

redcaped
You're confusing it with envy.

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by redcaped
You're confusing it with envy.

yes, but I get jealous a lot too. hehe for example I hate it when my love flirts with other girls oh wow that makes me SO JEALOUS!

debbiejo
I'd hate that too...... mad

redcaped
I've never suffered for others...I come first. Jealousy has an excuse and people are always right to be jealous. But envy is bad...this is when you let something take control of you (ambition). For instance in my personal life I had more girls arguing with me than liking me...weird because I'm a guy and also straight. They just hate my personality just like you girls.

Roulette
Jealousy is definitely a negative emotion. There is no way that we can benefit from it. Craving what someone else possesses completely clouds our mind...we can't open our eyes to our own fortunes if we're scowling at those who are 'better off.'

Charmed_Phoebe

lol he does it all the time! He likes it when I get jealous, he says its "cute." ha! It makes me mad! ranting

redcaped
Disagreement...that's all I hear from people. How wrong they are.

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by redcaped
Disagreement...that's all I hear from people. How wrong they are.

what are you talking about? Debbie and I are agreeing.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Charmed_Phoebe
lol he does it all the time! He likes it when I get jealous, he says its "cute." ha! It makes me mad! ranting Then it's called payback time........hehe cool

Charmed_Phoebe
Then it's called payback time........hehe cool

no no, that would make him very mad...he gets jealous more than me. stick out tongue but thats ok, I love him sooo much!!! kisses inlove in_love hug

Kayne Archeron
and it all comes full circle. back to you, invisible-person-named-Tom!

Charmed_Phoebe
and it all comes full circle. back to you, invisible-person-named-Tom!

laughing my name is Phoebe, not Tom.

Diamonds
It depends how jealous you are. The more jealous you are, the more dangerous it is. It's not a good thing to feel, obviously, and we would be better off without it, but we can't help it.

Charmed_Phoebe

interesting take on it, I think jealousy is a more desperate emotion. A little ache in your heart.

Kaled
yes, but I get jealous a lot too. hehe for example I hate it when my love flirts with other girls oh wow that makes me SO JEALOUS! Originally posted by debbiejo

hmph, seems obvious to me why he really does it, if you care for what i have to say. I think he does it for you to assue him your still in love with him. Bu then, what do i know?

Charmed_Phoebe
hmph, seems obvious to me why he really does it, if you care for what i have to say. I think he does it for you to assue him your still in love with him. Bu then, what do i know?

stick out tongue I know thats why; hehe. He has told me that is why, plus he says I look cute when I'm mad. But I still get jealous even though I know hes doing it to get a reaction out of mesmile

Kaled
stick out tongue I know thats why; hehe. He has told me that is why, plus he says I look cute when I'm mad. But I still get jealous even though I know hes doing it to get a reaction out of mesmile

well, thats good happy where did you meet?

Charmed_Phoebe
well, thats good happy where did you meet?

we met at work, we both still work there and its been over a year haha. Not a very good place to work and we plan on getting new jobs soon, but it was cutesmile I was dating someone else at the time, but I did not love him. When I met my boyfriend now, he taught me how it felt to love. stick out tongue

Kaled
we met at work, we both still work there and its been over a year haha. Not a very good place to work and we plan on getting new jobs soon, but it was cutesmile I was dating someone else at the time, but I did not love him. When I met my boyfriend now, he taught me how it felt to love. stick out tongue

cool, aww thats beautiful happy

i wish you a happy and long relationship smile

Charmed_Phoebe
cool, aww thats beautiful happy

i wish you a happy and long relationship smile

awwww thank you so much! big grin

Lord Urizen
Jealousy has to be the most wasteful emotion there is.

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Jealousy has to be the most wasteful emotion there is.

agreed.

Lord Urizen
agreed.

It just destroys your potential and keeps you back.

Atleast Anger can turn into the promotion of some kind of creation. jealousy causes you to lose your confidense and focus one something that doesn't matter.

sammii
Jealousy generates to hate ,and in the end if not controlled can cause one at maybe an unstable time in life to do things that later are regretted

Oncewhite
Here is a Greek story, try to picture this story as it's told. It's been awhile since I heard it, so please don't get upset if it's not exactly like the original. As a side note, I wish that cartoons were teaching kids moral stories, not just "witchcraft" power games. Aesop comes to mind, I wish Disney had Saturday cartoons about the various stories fro Aesop, they really teach you about human emotion, power games, trickery, and other issues that comes up in life when dealing with people.

The old Greek Story:

Two friends are walking side by side, the one on the right is named ENVY, on his left is JEALOUSY.

They are good friends and always walked hand in hand with each other.

One day, during their daily walk together, they run into a Genie. They are both shocked but very happy, as this is their lucky day. The Genie bows to them and says "I am at your service to bless you, today, I can offer you both a great blessing, would you like to know more?" JEALOUSY and ENVY quickly agree at the same time.

Genie decides to proceed. "You can have anything you want, I offer you a worm-hole, just walk right in, and whatever you wish for, the other person will have twice as much....HOWEVER, only one person can go first."

UHM, Jealousy and Envy stare at each other. Envy speaks, and says "I'll go first", Jealousy gleefully says "YES", expecting a good return from Envy.

The Genie sets up the worm-hole, and Envy slowly and hesitantly steps toward the hole...thinks for a moment, would Jealousy share the double portion of the blessing? Uhm..., Envy makes a decision, as soon as Envy enters the hole, he plucks out one eye.

Jealousy runs right after Envy.

And there they are together on the other side, Jealousy is lookiing around to see what double blessing Envy has given....and finds out that Envy is with one eye, and Jealousy is left with none.

As Jealousy was blinded by Envy.

(Envy wanted Jealousy to have twice as much as he did, and since Envy knew that Jealousy would end up with more....Envy made it so that Jealousy was left with less...so, he made it so that Jealousy would be blind forever..yet, Envy would always keep one eye...and Jealousy will alwasy lose both...).

So, it's better not to ever be with envy or jealousy. However, it is better to be envious then to be jealous, an envious person still has "sight" a jealous person doesn't...and if a person nurses their envy long enough, jealousy is right behind envy.

Oncewhite
Ok, just to say it again...

A Jealous person always wants more then another person

An envious person always wants the other person to have less.

Usually, a person starts off as envious before then get jealous. They think you shouldn't be as pretty, popular, rich, loved, intelligent...and then, later, if they nurse this idea long enough, they become jealous, and they wish that they had twice as much beauty, friends, money, status, intelligence...and they usually become "blinded" by this emotion and this has bad/negative consequences for the party involved or anyone who cares for them.

debbiejo
Jealousy can make the most beautiful person very ugly. If something makes you jealous then it's time to move on or do some self therapy... yes

redcaped
Jealousy is bigger than the Universe itself.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
It just destroys your potential and keeps you back.

Actually, jealousy can be a strong driving/motivating factor.

Alpha Centauri
Actually, jealousy can be a strong driving/motivating factor.

Indeed, though not always toward good places or goals.

Jealousy is horrid, especially over something you know you shouldn't be jealous over, yet somehow still are.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.