Dumbledore's Injured Hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
Ok, bear with me on this. It's a new theory - like, brand new. I was just reading someone else's theory on something completely different and it popped into my head. Don't you love it when that happens? You get this urge to share your thoughts with like-minded people (as well as another, more embarrassing urge to shout 'Eureka!' *cough*) and to hell with whether your theory has some obvious flaw that everyone but you can see.

Here it is;

Not a theory as such, more of a newborn idea taking shape as I write.

Unbreakable Vows, what do we know about them? We know Snape made one with Narcissa, right? Clasped hands - correct me if I'm wrong. Snape swore to fulfill Draco's mission should the boy fail. But what if Dumbledore's hand is blackened and so badly injured because he somehow lifted the vow from Snape, sort of took the curse onto himself? I dunno, I literally have racked my brains trying to think of why Dumbledore's hand is the way it is and I suddenly thought of clasped hands. I think Dumbledore made an Unbreakable Vow with Snape regarding the ending of HBP, but first he had to remove the vow Snape had already made with Narcissa which, because of the intensity of the spell as a whole, left his hand as damaged as it is.

That's pretty much it, you may shred me now big grin

Disclaimer - this is no more than the ramblings of my feverish imagination. You never know, I might just hit on something sooner or later.

nehaa
good points.....and.....i well knd of agree wth u

stormlover
It makes perfect since

Barker
Originally posted by Syren
Ok, bear with me on this. It's a new theory - like, brand new. I was just reading someone else's theory on something completely different and it popped into my head. Don't you love it when that happens? You get this urge to share your thoughts with like-minded people (as well as another, more embarrassing urge to shout 'Eureka!' *cough*) and to hell with whether your theory has some obvious flaw that everyone but you can see.

Here it is;

Unbreakable Vows, what do we know about them? We know Snape made one with Narcissa, right? Clasped hands - correct me if I'm wrong. Snape swore to fulfill Draco's mission should the boy fail. But what if Dumbledore's hand is blackened and so badly injured because he somehow lifted the vow from Snape, sort of took the curse onto himself? I dunno, I literally have racked my brains trying to think of why Dumbledore's hand is the way it is and I suddenly thought of clasped hands. I think Dumbledore made an Unbreakable Vow with Snape regarding the ending of HBP, but first he had to remove the vow Snape had already made with Narcissa which, because of the intensity of the spell as a whole, left his hand as damaged as it is.

Disclaimer - this is no more than the ramblings of my feverish imagination. You never know, I might just hit on something sooner or later.
You're a genius. Even if that's not right, it's a brilliant theory.

Council#13
It's an interesting theory! Very possible and very J.K Rowlingish. I dunno if she could easily explain that, for children and all.

Arctic
It sounds plausible. When someone asked him what happened to his hand, he said "Slower reflexes, old age" or something like that. I always thought he injured his hand getting the ring/horcrux from the gaunt house. But your theory is still very possible, we'll just have to wait until next summer to find out.

willRules
That's a good theory yes

Syren
Thanks guys, glad you don't think I'm insane laughing out loud

I'm really looking forward to finding out which theories I've heard so far are correct, it'll be brilliant big grin

d-fly_girl008
Wow, great theory, although I had a totaly different look on why it was that way... I thought that it was dead and everything from when he destroyed the ring horcrux. I thought that maybe he had worn it, and his powers and what not had destroyed it, but in doing that had also destroyed his hand... your theory is better though, I like it!

Syren
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
Wow, great theory, although I had a totaly different look on why it was that way... I thought that it was dead and everything from when he destroyed the ring horcrux. I thought that maybe he had worn it, and his powers and what not had destroyed it, but in doing that had also destroyed his hand... your theory is better though, I like it!

Actually, yours makes a LOT more sense. He was wearing the ring for a while, right? Was he wearing the ring at the start of the book? It could be interlinked!! Maybe he needed the ring to help him lift the Unbreakable Vow Snape made with Narcissa, or something, something leftright

Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself big grin

d-fly_girl008
Actually, yours makes a LOT more sense. He was wearing the ring for a while, right? Was he wearing the ring at the start of the book? It could be interlinked!! Maybe he needed the ring to help him lift the Unbreakable Vow Snape made with Narcissa, or something, something leftright

Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself big grin

Yeah, he was wearing it at the start. Maybe they're interconnected, you never know!!

Syren
Was his hand blackened at the start? You know, I just finished the book again and I can't remember ninja

Anyway, if his hand was already injured and he was wearing the ring, wouldn't that mean he couldn't have hurt his hand by destroying it?

d-fly_girl008
I don't know... I can't remember it it was blackened at the begginging or not.

Yeah, that's true.

The Phantom

Here it is;

Disclaimer - this is no more than the ramblings of my feverish imagination. You never know, I might just hit on something sooner or later. Intriguing theory.

Syren
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
I don't know... I can't remember it it was blackened at the begginging or not.

Yeah, that's true.

Oh well, keep the theories flowing!! I love them big grin

Thanks Phantom smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.