Jesus Christ is not Mithra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

Lord Urizen

debbiejo
Are you getting your sources from all perspectives or only the ones your church has in its library and such?

RocasAtoll
STOP.

No more copy/paste threads JIA or I'll tell Jesus you've been beating the meat.

Soleran
No but did you fvckin have to quote him, Christ.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Soleran
No but did you fvckin have to quote him, Christ.

You little follower.... no I pity you

Soleran
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
You little follower.... no I pity you

Do you practice being an as*hole or does it come naturally? Seriously stop, please.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by debbiejo
Are you getting your sources from all perspectives or only the ones your church has in its library and such?

I do not get anything (meaning the external information from sources other than myself that I post) from my church.

debbiejo
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
STOP.

No more copy/paste threads JIA or I'll tell Jesus you've been beating the meat. laughing out loud Most Christian do........Oops sorry, secrets out now.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
I do not get anything from my church.

What about your parents? I am very interested to know the time of your Biblical discovery, and how you came about being Christian...

In that other thread "How did you become Christian" that you made, I was hoping you would answer, and you never did sad

debbiejo
programming programming..................judging..................my Jesus would be against that.

RocasAtoll
laughing out loud Most Christian do........Oops sorry, secrets out now.

lol.

FeceMan
Notice how everyone completely ignores the topic at hand.

"lolz JIA am dumb amirite folks?"

Alliance
Hmm... Fece strikes again.

debbiejo
ok cool fece..................and not only Mithra, but others..............god!! Are people soooooooooo stupid that they would not follow their roots of their faith??????????...........Damn.

FeceMan
ok cool fece..................and not only Mithra, but others..............god!! Are people soooooooooo stupid that they would not follow their roots of their faith??????????...........Damn.
No idea what you're babbling about.

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
No idea what you're babbling about. Have you studied you belief down to its roots or not? Or are you just listening to what others are telling you.???

FeceMan
Have you studied you belief down to its roots or not? Or are you just listening to what others are telling you.???
I have not studied my faith down to its roots, but I have studied my beliefs down to their roots.

debbiejo
I have not studied my faith down to its roots, but I have studied my beliefs down to their roots. Please explain the difference to me................Just want to know where you are coming from.

Robtard
Mithras

By Mark McFall

This investigation of Mithraism will mainly focus on the critics assertion that Christianity borrowed the resurrection myth from Mithra. The reason that we will be zooming in on the resurrection and not similarities in sacraments is because the very heart of the Gospel rests in the resurrection narrative. If the resurrection was borrowed from pagan influences and did not historically happen, then as Paul says: "...if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain" (1 Corn. 15:14).

(I edited your long thread to save space)

As far as Christ/Mithra connection, Zoroastrianism is far older than Christianity, so it is possible that some ideas were borrowed down, then again it could just be a coincidence that these two religions came up with the similar wacky ideas of resurrection independently and without outside influence. There are many similarities in Christianities virgin birth, salvation, crucifixion/death etc. and other pagan religions too. Are they all just coincidence?

Alliance
No, but its not providence either.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Robtard
(I edited your long thread to save space)

As far as Christ/Mithra connection, Zoroastrianism is far older than Christianity, so it is possible that some ideas were borrowed down, then again it could just be a coincidence that these two religions came up with the similar wacky ideas of resurrection independently and without outside influence. There are many similarities in Christianities virgin birth, salvation, crucifixion/death etc. and other pagan religions too. Are they all just coincidence?

Did you even read the entire article before asking me this? No?

Alliance
How often do you read our sources?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance
How often do you read our sources?
'Tis no excuse.

Alliance
Was i making one?

FeceMan
Was i making one?
I believe you were.

Alliance
I was stating the golden rule. Don't expuct us to read all of your sources unless you read ours.

debbiejo
Sounds fair. smart

Lord Urizen

He wants to know why you persistantly ignore the fact that Christianity has borrowed many many ideas from so many other mythos that preceded it....mythos such as Zoroastrianism, Egyptian Mythology, Greek mythos, Persian Mythos, etc.

Alliance
Sounds fair. smart

yes

Imperial_Samura
No, but its not providence either.

Your right, though there are a lot of valid arguments for it.

And we certainly know a lot of the festivals and important dates on the Christian calender appear to be derived from Christianised pagan festivals (the Christianising affect removing all the fun.)

Robtard

Most of it, but I am asking you what is the chance that all these numerous similarities(not just Mithra/Jesus) are just all coincidences?

Imperial_Samura
Most of it, but I am asking you what is the chance that all these numerous similarities(not just Mithra/Jesus) are just all coincidences?

I find it highly ironic it seems he is more then prepared to believe the claims Allah is no more then an updated minor moon god (which is frankly shaky at best and far from as well supported like the evolution of Christ) but is highly resistant to the idea Jesus might have origins with similar religions/deities predating or contemporary to writings about him.

Lumanix
You haven't been banned already ? roll eyes (sarcastic) Excellent response.

FeceMan
He wants to know why you persistantly ignore the fact that Christianity has borrowed many many ideas from so many other mythos that preceded it....mythos such as Zoroastrianism, Egyptian Mythology, Greek mythos, Persian Mythos, etc.
Through the truth they have picked out fragments and woven them into a greater lie.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Lumanix
Excellent response.

Thank You..I put a lot of thought into that wink

Lord Urizen
Through the truth they have picked out fragments and woven them into a greater lie.

This seems to be the case, but these "lies" are illustrated in the Bible...Feceman, in Revelations Hell is referred to as "Hades"

In my other thread "Christian Mythology" I stated a lot of parallels or "coincidenses" between Christianity and other religions that preceded it.....JIA made no attempt to address them is my point.

Imperial_Samura

But all predate the Bible, and some predate Judaism - is it not possible it is the reverse?

Alliance

Then how come they exist for thousands of years before the Bible?

FeceMan
Predating the Bible itself does not mean that God did not make His will known.

Alliance
Regardless, it far from disporves the very likely principle that Christianity co-opted from toher religions.

We know many customs like the date and decor of Christmas were co-opted. Its logical that the religion did the same.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
But all predate the Bible, and some predate Judaism - is it not possible it is the reverse? Some can be so predated even to Sumeria I've read.

FeceMan
Regardless, it far from disporves the very likely principle that Christianity co-opted from toher religions.

We know many customs like the date and decor of Christmas were co-opted. Its logical that the religion did the same.
No, it is not.

Christmas was designed from the zeal for conversion.

Imperial_Samura
Predating the Bible itself does not mean that God did not make His will known.

Though there is no proof for that. Since most things that took place in the old testament didn't predate the earliest days of Egypt or the Sumerians...

So either God was down hob nobbing with the Ancient cultures and for some reason this resulted in polytheistic religion and God chose not to have the Jews record any of it (which seems strange considering some of the stuff that did get recorded)...

Or Christianity had no part to play in the rise of many of the ancient religions, but it is more the possible they had significant contributions to make to Christianity.

FeceMan
I don't know. I'm tired and going to bed. Ask JIA.

Robtard
Though there is no proof for that. Since most things that took place in the old testament didn't predate the earliest days of Egypt or the Sumerians...

So either God was down hob nobbing with the Ancient cultures and for some reason this resulted in polytheistic religion and God chose not to have the Jews record any of it (which seems strange considering some of the stuff that did get recorded)...

Or Christianity had no part to play in the rise of many of the ancient religions, but it is more the possible they had significant contributions to make to Christianity.

How could Christianity have had influences on cultures and religions that are/were eons older than it? Did the early Christians figure out time travel?

Imperial_Samura
How could Christianity have had influences on cultures and religions that are/were eons older than it? Did the early Christians figure out time travel?

I'm not claiming that, it was for Feceman, who suggested:

Now, operating on the assumption that Christianity is the "correct" religion it would imply that the Christian God was somehow in contact with religions older then Judaism, but for some reason no one recorded it and the religions themselves show no sign of it. The other option then is that these ancient religions were in no way influenced by the Christian God, but it is possible they influenced Christianity.

Robtard
I'm not claiming that, it was for Feceman, who suggested:

Now, operating on the assumption that Christianity is the "correct" religion it would imply that the Christian God was somehow in contact with religions older then Judaism, but for some reason no one recorded it and the religions themselves show no sign of it. The other option then is that these ancient religions were in no way influenced by the Christian God, but it is possible they influenced Christianity.

I wasn't implying you were, I was just bringing up the question...

Funny if a Christian were to think that though taking into account the many and varied practices of older than Judaism/Christian religions... Cannibalism, human sacrifice, animal worship, celestial worship, nature worship, sexual worship etc.

FeceMan
A sudden thought before completely retiring to my bedchambers:

It is possible that God originally spread His word through oral tradition; as time went on, the beliefs became fragmented and hazy at best, so it was then commanded that they be written down.

Robtard
A sudden thought before completely retiring to my bedchambers:

It is possible that God originally spread His word through oral tradition; as time went on, the beliefs became fragmented and hazy at best, so it was then commanded that they be written down.

But an omnipotent entity would know this beforehand, so why set us up for failure?

mahasattva

http://www.frontline-apologetics.com/mithras.htm

Mithras

By Mark McFall

This investigation of Mithraism will mainly focus on the critics assertion that Christianity borrowed the resurrection myth from Mithra. The reason that we will be zooming in on the resurrection and not similarities in sacraments is because the very heart of the Gospel rests in the resurrection narrative. If the resurrection was borrowed from pagan influences and did not historically happen, then as Paul says: "...if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain" (1 Corn. 15:14).

Did Paul has ever seen Jesus of Nazareth(Yeshua) to witness the resurrecion? Absolutely, NO. He lives hundred years after the death of Christ. What he believes doesn't have any actual proofs other than following what is written in the book/writing(compiled later called as Bible) which the beliefs were much influenced of all existing religions that predates Christianity such as Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, Greeks mythology, as well as Buddhism that later influence in the western world.

Unlike Christians, historians have given perfectly plausible answers to these questions. The Bible is not a revelation from God, rather it is a compilation, a fairly untidy compilation, written by many different people, over many centuries, changed and edited from time to time, and containing legends, stories, genealogies, fables, sacred and secular writings. It is no more a revelation from God than are the Iliad or the Odyssey, the Ramayana or the Mahabharata, books which the Bible resembles quite closely.

"Don't believe in anything simply because you heard it.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
Do not believe in anything because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
But after observation and analysis, you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept and live up to it." -- Shakyamuni, the Buddha

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison

mahasattva
i am talking about the historical which took time the events of these two person existed. Do they born around the same time? obviously not...He was persecutors of early Christians....

mahasattva
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
He was on some good drugs. laughing

I think Paul made this story up to gain power in the new growing movement.

That could be a wise conjecture.... laughing out loud

debbiejo
Saul/Paul only heard a voice...

mahasattva
Saul/Paul only heard a voice...

NO, he did talking to that voice and asked....i wonder he was crazy Jumpy

gpchristloves
most of these things have been taken out of context and rearanged to say what people want them to say Here I'll show you what it can do if you take things out of context I'm going to start a new religion based on three verses from the bible Do as I say. Judas Killed Himself. Go and do likewise.

gpchristloves
Make sure of everything before you say anything about it

Alliance
Why?

gpchristloves
because if you dont have a firm foundation upon witch you build somthing it will fall

Alliance
Not necesarily...sometimes you get lucky and can build the foundation underneath the spire.

JesusIsAlive

Robtard
But at other times (following this event) Paul did see Jesus Christ on several occasions in visions and when he went to Heaven (after he had been stoned to death).

Curious, how would someone know that Paul met with Jesus in Heaven after being murdered? It would stand to reason that Paul had to come back right?

JesusIsAlive
Curious, how would someone know that Paul met with Jesus in Heaven after being murdered? It would stand to reason that Paul had to come back right?

But...that...is what I previously/already said. Re-read my post. I said that Paul the apostle's spirit was returned to his body.

Robtard
But...that...is what I previously/already said. Re-read my post. I said that Paul the apostle's spirit was returned to his body.

I must have missed that one... So besides Jesus, Paul was resurrected too. Groovy, more witch craft.

JesusIsAlive
Actually Paul had died but the Lord sent his spirit back into his body (just like other people who have died and come back to life by God's power). Hey, if your work is not done on this earth then God will send you back. Paul's work was not complete after he had been stoned to death so God brought him back to preach the gospel. Glory to God!

Robtard
Actually Paul had died but the Lord sent his spirit back into his body (just like other people who have died and come back to life by God's power). Hey, if your work is not done on this earth then God will send you back. Paul's work was not complete after he had been stoned to death so God brought him back to preach the gospel. Glory to God!

Would you ask God to grant me 800+ years of life like he has with others in the past? I really want to see other outer-worldly civilizations.

RocasAtoll
When did that happen? confused

Regret
When did that happen? confused

Prior to Noah

Also, Biblically, John the Beloved

Alliance
Would you ask God to grant me 800+ years of life like he has with others in the past? I really want to see other outer-worldly civilizations.

800+ "years"

Robtard
Originally posted by Regret
Prior to Noah

Also, Biblically, John the Beloved

But Noah came WAY before Jesus no?

Robtard
800+ "years"

?, should I have asked for a solid eon?

Regret
But Noah came WAY before Jesus no?

Yes, Noah (the flood anyway) is estimated somewhere between 2400-2300 BC

debbiejo
Actually Paul had died but the Lord sent his spirit back into his body (just like other people who have died and come back to life by God's power). Hey, if your work is not done on this earth then God will send you back. Paul's work was not complete after he had been stoned to death so God brought him back to preach the gospel. Glory to God! You're assuming Paul had died. Also anyone can say I talked to god or the lord or angels for that fact......We do in our heads and prayers......It doesn't mean god is being visible......and of course Paul had no wittiness did he.........It's just his word anyway.....I could also say that that last night I talked to an old ancient Native American ancestor that had died long ago.........would YOU believe me?

I'm sure but isn't Paul the author of the passages quoted........He was a mithra fanatic, who forged his own religion.............Paul is a Roman name......Mithra was huge in Rome.

JesusIsAlive
You're assuming Paul had died. Also anyone can say I talked to god or the lord or angels for that fact......We do in our heads and prayers......It doesn't mean god is being visible......and of course Paul had no wittiness did he.........It's just his word anyway.....I could also say that that last night I talked to an old ancient Native American ancestor that had died long ago.........would YOU believe me?

Debbiejoe, people who are stoned normally die. Paul had been stoned and dragged outside of the city, the supposed him to be dead.

Acts 14:19
Then Jews from Antioch and Iconium came there; and having persuaded the multitudes, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead.

Robtard
Yes, Noah (the flood anyway) is estimated somewhere between 2400-2300 BC

So how did Paul receive messages and inspiration from Jesus 2300+ years before the "miraculous" virgin birth?

Jesus have one of these?
http://www.culttvman.com/assets/images-SF_MOVIES-2004/dcorvinotimemachine001x.jpg

Alliance
Santa's Sleigh?

RocasAtoll
Debbiejoe, people who are stoned normally die. Paul had been stoned and dragged outside of the city, the supposed him to be dead.

Then Jews from Antioch and Iconium came there; and having persuaded the multitudes, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead.

Keyword in that setence is normally.

"Supposing him to be dead" means he's alive. There is no way around that. From the text given, it clearly states Paul was not revived in the sense of life after death, but revived from unconciousness.

JesusIsAlive
Keyword in that setence is normally.

"Supposing him to be dead" means he's alive. There is no way around that. From the text given, it clearly states Paul was not revived in the sense of life after death, but revived from unconciousness.

I believe that Paul died, went to Heaven, then was raised from the dead. I don't know anyone that could survive a stonning. Can you? Every other person in the Bible who was stoned DIED.

Robtard
I believe that Paul died, went to Heaven, then was raised from the dead. I don't know anyone that could survive a stonning. Can you? Every other person in the Bible who was stoned DIED.

People have survived being hanged and the electric chair (first run) and those are facts substantiated with proof.

Others things people have survived through...

Broken necks
Disembowlment
Loss of 3+ pints of blood
Multiple gunshots
Multiple stabbings
Bodily impalement
Massive 3rd degree burns
Simultaneous loss of multiple extremities

Taken that into account, being stoned seems like a walk in the park.

JesusIsAlive
People have survived being hanged and the electric chair (first run) and those are facts substantiated with proof.

But not being stoned.

Alliance
Heck. People have had railroad spikes blown trough thier brains and been fine.

debbiejo
People have survived being hanged and the electric chair (first run) and those are facts substantiated with proof. Truth, people survive many things, and you are right the key word was "supposed" he was dead.........Also, this is the first time I have ever ever heard this teaching...

JesusIsAlive

RocasAtoll
Again, those DO NOT support your argument. Stoning is not automatically lethal.

Robtard
But not being stoned.

I added more to the post to substantiate my claim... Being stoned is survivable, people have survived through far worse trauma.

Alliance
They also stoned that women in "The Lottery."

This is yet another issue clearly beyond JIA's limited computing power. Just because it happens tiwce, doesn't mean it happens every time.

Regret

debbiejo

Robtard

Dude, for a self proclaimed master "semanticist" you are failing miserably here... You're own post states "supposing him to be dead", 'supposing' in this respect does not equate to death. If anything, you are guessing he died and I'm fairly certain you're not one to guess when it comes to the Bible right?

JesusIsAlive
Dude, for a self proclaimed master "semanticist" you are failing miserably here... You're own post states "supposing him to be dead", 'supposing' in this respect does not equate to death. If anything, you are guessing he died and I'm fairly certain you're not one to guess when it comes to the Bible right?

The text says (or implies) that those who stoned Paul "supposed" that he was dead. It does not say that he was or was not. I said that I believe that Paul was dead.

debbiejo
See, this is where interpretation becomes a problem if you don't know the original language. This is why all the denominations......wish we had a greek speaking person here.

Robtard
The text says (or implies) that those who stoned Paul "supposed" that he was dead. It does not say that he was or was not. I said that I believe that Paul was dead.

I am not doubting what you believe, but in this case your belief is based on a guess, since the passage isn't clear on the issue.

Robtard
See, this is where interpretation becomes a problem if you don't know the original language. This is why all the denominations......wish we had a greek speaking person here.

Admit it, you love to speak 'Greek'... eek!

Regret
Admit it, you love to speak 'Greek'... eek! A lot of what Debbiejo says is "Greek" to me wink

debbiejo
Too many curvy letters........But that's what a concordance comes in handy.......yeppers.

A lot of what Debbiejo says is "Greek" to me wink I'll take that as a compliment........ laughing out loud

Regret
big grin of course, either that or a friendly ribbing, however you want to take it

Robtard
A lot of what Debbiejo says is "Greek" to me wink

Bah, you missed my perverse undertones, damn you uptight Mormon!

debbiejo
You should be careful how you talk to another god.......angel_not

Robtard
You should be careful how you talk to another god.......angel_not

Smite me, I triple dog dare you.

debbiejo
Bah, you missed my perverse undertones, damn you uptight Mormon! Perverse??? .......Oh now I get it........Greek food is goooooooood.

Robtard
Perverse??? .......Oh now I get it........Greek food is goooooooood.

Hmmm... If by food you mean sex, then yep you got it and apparently do get it. big grin

Alliance
How about Greek everyhting.

Robtard
How about Greek everyhting.

Hell no, they were into buggering young boys, oh the poor little boys of that time...

Alliance
If you inderstand Greek thought, it makes perfect sense.

Robtard
If you inderstand Greek thought, it makes perfect sense.

Listen, I'll eat a gyro, shoot down a few shots of ouzo here and there, watch Zorba and ancient philosphy is down right interesting, but I draw the line at pedophilia.

debbiejo
Gryos are yummy!!

Oom Pa!! Flaming cheese.........

Alliance
I never said I engage in the practice, or support it.

I'm saying, understanding the cultural movements and philosophy at the time, its very obvious why what is today termed pedophilia today was practiced.

Hell, you were supposed to have a family by 20.

debbiejo
I never said I engage in the practice, or support it.

I'm saying, understanding the cultural movements and philosophy at the time, its very obvious why what is today termed pedophilia today was practiced.

Hell, you were supposed to have a family by 20. before 20 I think, and the Aborigines are also into it everywhere they go...

And wasn't the Virgin Mary only about 14?

Alliance
I was being conservative. If you have 16 year olds in the army. Your considered middle aged 25 and you die around 33....

Shakyamunison
Heck. People have had railroad spikes blown trough thier brains and been fine.

I wouldn't say fine. The guy was never the same.

Alliance
Ok well he lived.

Imperial_Samura
Hell no, they were into buggering young boys, oh the poor little boys of that time...

Well, like Alliance said, it is about cultural and social perceptions of the time.

Remembering that in many ancient cultures a girl might be married off and with child by the age of 13 (hell, even up to medieval times. Even up to more modern times in certain Eastern places.)

mahasattva

mahasattva
try to read this info too not to be biased..

http://www.jovialatheist.com/biblehistory.html

JesusIsAlive

mahasattva

JesusIsAlive
Notice how everyone completely ignores the topic at hand.

"lolz JIA am dumb amirite folks?"

Exactly.

thumb up

xmarksthespot
Was that a positive answer to FeceMan's question?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Hey, I am not supposed to be replying to your posts anymore. But I must clarify this one question of yours. I am saying exactly to this portion of FeceMan's statement:

Notice how everyone completely ignores the topic at hand

FeceMan
Yes, for once JIA and I are in agreement.

Goddess Kali
Jesus is not Mothra ? wat the **** ?

Devil King
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

The positive answer is that the religion forum should be renamed the "christianity forum", and that any response that doesn't fit into the biblical masturbation category is off topic and irrelevant.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Devil King
biblical masturbation

droolio

Alliance
Sol Invictus Mithras. One of the best gods ever.

Versyn Gaul
I prefer Ba'al

debbiejo
Sol Invictus Mithras. One of the best gods ever. Constantine had a coin minted to the Sun God.

leonheartmm
this is ridiculous. the author of the article{i.e. JIA} and the links of articles he gave, also written by biased authors. all try to devalue any copying from the legend of mithra by trying to show doubt in the existance of such an ideology, sparseness of popularity etc etc. all biased oppinions, all taken from christian websites{which have NO motivation or desire to conduct any valid sociological/historical/archeological investigation other than starting with a conclusion of christianity's infalliability, then proceeding on to misinterpret evidence to support it} whose authors fail to take into account, simple things like the existance of boats at the time, the often, copying of sparse ideas to topple the prevailing dogmatic norm by people who dislike it/are pattionate in human history and other things, including lack of evidence on THEIR part, to critique the already existing evidence, from the viewpoint that they do.

furthermore, your insitance to call ideoligies other than your own PAGAN, is really getting on my nerves. most of the sources u quoted are not authorities on the matter, just periodic aquiantances of names/organisations that instill a sense of genuineness in the reader. they are obscure and biased. also your use of bible quotes to support your unfounded theories doesnt support your case. lastly, mithra was far more influential than you make it seem here, and it is quite possible that the entire legend was borrowed from it. furthermore, in the bible itself, it is a contradicting legend, often pointing towards jesus not dying on the cros{this has been discussed before, sign of jonah etc, to which you were UTTERLY incapable of giving even a coeherent, much less logical, reply or rebuttal} .

conclusion, paul made the whole thing up. it doest help to use circular logic{take paul as a holy inspired saint as depicted in the bible, then take references FROM the bible to prove this assertion} to try and prove his holliness.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
droolio

hes referring to the holy spirit's penis bobbing up and down on a camel as the anceint israelites take the ARK into battle.{now you dont hae to wonder why they had clouds protect them and golden lights shoot out of the ark and spite their enemies. not to mention why the temple of solomon is still the direction of worship for jews. it once housed the holy mother of all SEX TOYS/ARTIFACTS} evil face evil face evil face

Alliance
Constantine had a coin minted to the Sun God.

Thats because if you're emperor, Sol Invictus Mithras is a good God to have on your side.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by leonheartmm
hes referring to the holy spirit's penis bobbing up and down on a camel as the anceint israelites take the ARK into battle.{now you dont hae to wonder why they had clouds protect them and golden lights shoot out of the ark and spite their enemies. not to mention why the temple of solomon is still the direction of worship for jews. it once housed the holy mother of all SEX TOYS/ARTIFACTS} evil face evil face evil face

dd

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
dd

Take it easy Kali ,or you will wet your pants again. And whats this about the mother of all sex toys?

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Take it easy Kali ,or you will wet your pants again. And whats this about the mother of all sex toys?

embarrasment

droolio

Shakyamunison
^ What a waist of space. laughing

Storm
Please move along from the erotic fantasies issues.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
^ What a waist of space. laughing

What a waste of a thread erm

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Storm
Please move along from the erotic fantasies issues.

I apologize Storm, its just that certain keywords trigger my untamable libido embarrasment

Ne ways, Jesus , the human, did exist. There are roman documents of his arrest. I think JIA is getting paranoid, and in all efforts to defend his deity, he comes up with more and more rediculous and ineffective ways of spreading his word.

Bicnarok

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Could you write that in white please, so people can read it! mad

Or not write it al all. laughing

mr.smiley
Oh sweet religon forum.How could I go for so long without posting.(Sigh)..........................................

Instead of speaking strickly of Mithra or Mithras,however you are going to say it,I will just speak soley on god men as a whole in relation to the whole Jesus is not Mithra.Most christian scholars consider the god- man theory to no longer be an issue in regards to early or pre-Christian history.Take for example drawings depecting a man with a donkeys head crucified on a cross.Beside the cross stands a man laughing at the donkey.Christian scholars claim the drawing is a pagan work mocking Christ and the crucifixtion and nothing more.Okay.
On to another part of the argument.Christian scholars also claim that many striking similarities between Christianity and Paganism is not the result of Christianity borrowing from other religions and cults,but the complete opposite.In order to maintain followers,these mystery cults had to change much of their mythology in accordance to that of Christianity to survive.These scholars claim the unpresidented rise of the Christian faith forced many other cults to try to 'mock' the stories of Christ.

This is what they claim.

However,this is the other side and the one that makes more sense to me.

The picture depciting a donkey on a cross is not a mockery of Christ,but actualy represents the symbolic transistion of the death of the animal and lower form of the soul while the man laughing represents the higher self laughing at the death of his lower self.This also supports the gnostic teachings of Christ laughing while his lower self is being put upon the cross.So you might be saying,'okay their some pretty suprising symbolism between pagan cults and early christian beliefs,so what?

The depection of the donkey on the cross predates all portraits and iconography of a Christian crucifixtion.It seems awfully suspicious that pagans would make fun of Christian iconography that didn't even exist yet.

On to the next part of this argument.Some Christian scholars also claims that these pagan cults actualy borrowed from Christianity.Well this is a very interesting point of view.They switch the postitions and seem to have an alright lead to follow.However,as many other scholars have pointed out,this view of the posistions being 'reversed' is automaticly negated.Early Christians even admitted themselves that their were striking simularities between their faith and older pagan myths.(I highly recommend reading the works of Origen that include Celsus.Celsus speaks on this matter quite often.
Origen vs Celsus.)

Christians claimed the devil,knowing Christ would soon descend upon the earth,copied the events from his yet untold life and applied them to cults that existed before the one of the followers of Christ.

Based upon the writings of early Christians we know that even they were suprised at the striking simularities between their faith and the older pagan cults.They later claimed this was the work of, none other than the devil.

Their are so many more things I could bring up but I'm tired of typing write now!
I figured instead of just bashing Jesusisalive,I would actualy reply with a post countering the sources for his post.Instead of focusing on Mithra alone I applied this to several other god-men.I could list them if anyone wanted but if your reading this chances are you already know.

Jesusisalive I have a suggestion for you.I'm not going to bash you or make fun of you when I say this.I'm just giving a suggestion.Instead of making all these threads were you use Christianity more as an advertisement than a gateway to salvation,why don't you focus more on posting on other threads and adding your ideas their.Your sure as hell not going to convince anyone of what your saying by spamming all over the board.

Alliance
JIA READS IT ON TEH INTERNETS!

Bicnarok
JIA READS IT ON TEH INTERNETS!

What you been drinking?

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Bicnarok
What you been drinking?

piss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.