Gladiator vs. Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Can Flash, defeat the Imperial Guardsman? Fights on Earth.......

Superboy Prime
Yes, he can.

galan7777777
flash ftw

x_danny_x
after reading about Zoom

cant these flash beings that go superspeed such as light speed will hit an opponent a gazillion times a second??

so i suspect Flash can beat the majority of the superheroes such as Wonder Woman and Superman

Superboy Prime
Welcome to 1998.

Lord Prime
I'll have to say Flash will win, he is to damn fast.

kgkg
Gladiator wins

Grimm22
Originally posted by kgkg
Gladiator wins

How? no expression

He can never touch him.

Demonic Phoenix
Gladiator wins

tohslaugh

NiņoAraņa
Gladiator wins

with that sig....nooooooooo one can say you're a bit biased wink

flash ftw....

speedblitzd a million times....

batdude123
Gladiator wins

No he doesn't.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Faceman
Can Flash, defeat the Imperial Guardsman? Fights on Earth.......

Flash for the win.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Grimm22
How? no expression

He can never touch him. Considering Flash has been hiut by people far, far slower it's entirely plausible that Gladiator could aswell.

But yeah, Flash wins.

kgkg
Originally posted by Grimm22
How? no expression

He can never touch him. Glad doesn't really have a Speed limit

bigbran
Glad doesn't really have a Speed limit Huh?

SpunkySmurph
Glad doesn't really have a Speed limit
But Flash is faster big grin

kgkg
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
But Flash is faster big grin He is............ but speed doesn't always win.

Glad at his best was ripping planets

great_dane
so.... suppose flash were to steal all his speed leaving him motionless. then what?? sitting meat for the flash

General Kon-El
i gotta agree with kgkg. gladiator wins. speed doesn't win everything

great_dane
but you have to win by at least moving. flash would steal all his speed. he can't move. before he can think of anything to do, he is getting dumped into the speedforce

SpunkySmurph
He is............ but speed doesn't always win.

Glad at his best was ripping planets

But the planets wern't dodgin him at a speed that was ftl.

Or if they were... I want to see the comic!

superman41082
You guys need to get of Flash's penis. He can not defeat everyone like that. Gladiator would kill him in one blow when he finally landed it. You guys overestimate Flash and the don't look at the actuality of how his powers would really work. He is not God. He is a man, and all those things he may be capable of, he has no lucidity or control over. Gladiator can do just the same thing(considering he can go at light speed as well), but he won't because there's no use in doing those things. According to everyone's logic, Flash would beat Galactus by hitting him with 'the force of a black hole,' but that's just rubbish. Flash is not in control of those kinds of powers and none of the characters that are light speed are. If Flash tried to do that he'd probably kill himself instead. Grow up guys. Flash is not all powerful. Gladiator slaps him in the head and knocks it off. Gladiator wins 100/1.

bigbran
Originally posted by superman41082
You guys need to get of Flash's penis. He can not defeat everyone like that. Gladiator would kill him in one blow when he finally landed it. You guys overestimate Flash and the don't look at the actuality of how his powers would really work. He is not God. He is a man, and all those things he may be capable of, he has no lucidity or control over. Gladiator can do just the same thing(considering he can go at light speed as well), but he won't because there's no use in doing those things. According to everyone's logic, Flash would beat Galactus by hitting him with 'the force of a black hole,' but that's just rubbish. Flash is not in control of those kinds of powers and none of the characters that are light speed are. If Flash tried to do that he'd probably kill himself instead. Grow up guys. Flash is not all powerful. Gladiator slaps him in the head and knocks it off. Gladiator wins 100/1. Oh, I know why, it's because Glads is supposedly equal to Supes, and you don't think Flash has a chance against him.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by bigbran
Oh, I know why, it's because Glads is supposedly equal to Supes, and you don't think Flash has a chance against him.

Because, you know, Flash has never had control of whether he runs fast or not roll eyes (sarcastic)

superman41082
Originally posted by bigbran
Oh, I know why, it's because Glads is supposedly equal to Supes, and you don't think Flash has a chance against him.

Dude..... I'm just sick of the nearly dogmatic opinion on this forum of Flash winning. Dude..... Flash is really not that imposing. He's fast and with that speed he can do lots, but never does. Gladiator is light speed also and could do all that stuff, too, but he never does either. This contest would simply come down to who would do the most damage with some hits and Flash would get a few on him before Gladiator could get one on him(maybe), but Flash's metabolism will eat him away without refueling and he'll whither. Gladiator will slap him and Flash will die. That's it. I'm so sick of this Flash is god mentality around here. It's quite irritating.

great_dane
o.k. ........................

what do you mean he has no control over it??

you do know he has thrown savatar and super-boy prime into the speedforce right? you do know that he (wally west) can easily time travel by entering the speedforce and re-emerging from it, as all time is basically stopped?? gladiator would never be able to land that "one" blow. before even thinking of landing that one blow, he'd of felt thousands of infinte mass punches to the scrotum.

flash 100/1

great_dane
the flash now gets his power from the speedforce, he doesnt need to stuff his body with carbs for energy anymore. he simply gets his energy from the speedforce.

superman41082
Originally posted by great_dane
o.k. ........................

what do you mean he has no control over it??

you do know he has thrown savatar and super-boy prime into the speedforce right? you do know that he (wally west) can easily time travel by entering the speedforce and re-emerging from it, as all time is basically stopped?? gladiator would never be able to land that "one" blow. before even thinking of landing that one blow, he'd of felt thousands of infinte mass punches to the scrotum.

flash 100/1

I first want to say, I love Wally West. 2nd, yes I know about lots of the stuff he's done, but this is where Flash loses his charm, and I just don't even pay attention to that nonsense. This to me is simply bad writing. Superman, in the 78' movie made all of time go backwards, but that doesn't mean that it's accepted that he can do that. It doesn't have any consitency with the character. This is like saying that Flash can defeat all characters anywhere because of bad writing. First of all, Flash is a man, and we know that as a man, his body is effected from his powers. We know this because of his super high metabolism. He doesn't even have to run for his metabolism to be high. If he isn't really moving, but still has to eat 2,000 hamburgers/day just to keep from starving to death, try and tell me how running at the speed of light, or fast enough to go into this speed force and travel back in time, or hit someone a million times in his scrodum is possible without him wasting away into nothing. The math there is just unbelievable. How many calories would he have to sustain. The way I see it, Flash would have to be one of the weakest characters there is because he has to do so much just to keep fat and muscle on his body. All this stuff he does just seems way too far-fetched in thinking about the actuality of his abilities. This is a retarded debate. If Flash even tried to run at half the speed of light, which is at least what he'd have to do to fight Gladiator, he'd run himself into oblivion. Gladiator wins. This just doesn't seem possible that the character could ever do those things. It also doesn't seem interesting. It's cool that he could run faster than anyone can see, but running back into time and all that just seems boring and improbable. It takes away credibility from his character.

superman41082
the flash now gets his power from the speedforce, he doesnt need to stuff his body with carbs for energy anymore. he simply gets his energy from the speedforce.

Yes, he does the speed force thing, but he still has to stuff his body. He does it all the time in the comics. Oh yeah and we should change the title of this forum from the vs forum to 'Flash wins.'

great_dane
omg.
like i said, wally retains all his energy from the speedforce, he pulls energy from it, he doesnt need to stuff his body with carbs and calories.

this would explain the race to the end of galaxies he had with superman.
and im saying, even if glad could move at speeds of light ( i know he can, i'm just saying) wally would steel it. he has been known for steeling the speeds of entire planets, once doing this, glad wouldnt have to be fast nor strong. he would simply be motionless and he would viabrate through his body. or send him whirling away through the speedforce

great_dane
no, were giving our opinions, its just the majority chooses the flash because of all his abilities.

ExtraMision5555
I first want to say, I love Wally West. 2nd, yes I know about lots of the stuff he's done, but this is where Flash loses his charm, and I just don't even pay attention to that nonsense. This to me is simply bad writing. Superman, in the 78' movie made all of time go backwards, but that doesn't mean that it's accepted that he can do that. It doesn't have any consitency with the character. This is like saying that Flash can defeat all characters anywhere because of bad writing. First of all, Flash is a man, and we know that as a man, his body is effected from his powers. We know this because of his super high metabolism. He doesn't even have to run for his metabolism to be high. If he isn't really moving, but still has to eat 2,000 hamburgers/day just to keep from starving to death, try and tell me how running at the speed of light, or fast enough to go into this speed force and travel back in time, or hit someone a million times in his scrodum is possible without him wasting away into nothing. The math there is just unbelievable. How many calories would he have to sustain. The way I see it, Flash would have to be one of the weakest characters there is because he has to do so much just to keep fat and muscle on his body. All this stuff he does just seems way too far-fetched in thinking about the actuality of his abilities. This is a retarded debate. If Flash even tried to run at half the speed of light, which is at least what he'd have to do to fight Gladiator, he'd run himself into oblivion. Gladiator wins. This just doesn't seem possible that the character could ever do those things. It also doesn't seem interesting. It's cool that he could run faster than anyone can see, but running back into time and all that just seems boring and improbable. It takes away credibility from his character.

you knwo, youve made three very very good points.

And i have always wonderd this.

If flash is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fast, (rather, i realize he "is"wink

Why isint he just dominateing in the DC universe?

I mean, IF gladiator is capable of traveling at light speed ( i dont know much about gladiator) , like someone said before, its not too far fetched to assume that he has a chance of winning this fight.

Unfortunately, flash has degenerated into a PC supes like state. It sounds more like bad writeing than cool superpowers.

I think the last straw was flash saving those people off the island from taht nuke. Comic or not

that
was
Toony

Tom & Jerry type stuff.

superman41082
Flash's so-called abilities are junk and based on bad writing. So why doesn't Flash just end all crime on earth? He could run around day and night, since he doesn't need to stuff the calories, and he's bound to find some criminal every second, since he can cover the entire earth probably 4 times over in a second. Then he could just stop all the crime and there's no need for a DC universe ever again. It will be happy land from then on.

Stealing speed is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Flash isn't even a character at that point. He's worse than Galactus.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
I mean, IF gladiator is capable of traveling at light speed ( i dont know much about gladiator) , like someone said before, its not too far fetched to assume that he has a chance of winning this fight. He can. He routinely flies throughout galaxies under his own power. He has a decent amount of speed feats and his best has him clocked at 100x light speed.

great_dane
how do you figure??

then so is superman flying into the sun.
and silver surfer flying through stars.

Those are their powers, its all tooney, gladiator is tooney. who can really burn things by looking at them?? and survive the suction of space??

the reason they dont make him rule the dc universe is because it wuold be boring. this is why during the infinte crisis wally dissapeared into a diferent dimension. once finally using his powers to the max and not holding back, ( in fear of taking over bary allens position on earth), he had nothing else to do but raise his twins in a different dimension. this is why superman and supe boy are always having different problems and new abilities, you can't just make one char rule over all, fans would lose interest

hitemup
flash will just throw him in the speed force.

ExtraMision5555
Flash's so-called abilities are junk and based on bad writing. So why doesn't Flash just end all crime on earth? He could run around day and night, since he doesn't need to stuff the calories, and he's bound to find some criminal every second, since he can cover the entire earth probably 4 times over in a second. Then he could just stop all the crime and there's no need for a DC universe ever again. It will be happy land from then on.

Stealing speed is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Flash isn't even a character at that point. He's worse than Galactus.

gosh!!!!

This post is waht i have always been thinking!!! i knew it wasnt just me!!

I mean THINK about it, if flash can move SO FAST, honestly, Even people that can think at lightspeed, if they cant move even close to lightspeed it just means their going to be able to think about the severity of thier light-speed beating. Flashes showings, and flashes powers conflict with themselves. Im sure someone is going to argue with this, but i mean come on, I KNOW YOU GUYS SEE HOW GOOFY FLASH IS!@I(kdlavd, vf;
a

great_dane
he's way faster than 4 times around in a second. DC universe has to make the flash one of its best, they invented the first runner superhero, who many other chars are based on,. if you want to be like that, then why not just make the presence the only superhero. the creator of everyhting in the dc universe. if it were like that, you would never hear of superman or gl. they need other chars.

ExtraMision5555
he's way faster than 4 times around in a second. DC universe has to make the flash one of its best, they invented the first runner superhero, who many other chars are based on,. if you want to be like that, then why not just make the presence the only superhero. the creator of everyhting in the dc universe. if it were like that, you would never hear of superman or gl. they need other chars.

Well thats different, the presence's purpose is entirely diffrent than flashes. Such as a creator, not a crime fighter

great_dane
??? So, basically the flash is goofey because i bet he can beat your guyses super heros right? how is the flash goofey?? in that case all chars wouldnt make sense and they'd all be goofy.

bigbran
Superman, in the 78' movie made all of time go backwards, but that doesn't mean that it's accepted that he can do that. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing Of course he can't because it's a MOVIE!
Movies and comic books have nothing to do with each other.

ExtraMision5555
??? So, basically the flash is goofey because i bet he can beat your guyses super heros right? how is the flash goofey?? in that case all chars wouldnt make sense and they'd all be goofy.

No trust me, i could care less who flash can beat. Its just the sheer poorness of the speedforce in its, speedforce, ness. Its just

it defies even comic logic. Its on the level of a comic book character having the power to manipulate panels in a comic, or tear pages out of a book.
Its just bad writeing

superman41082
how do you figure??

then so is superman flying into the sun.
and silver surfer flying through stars.

Those are their powers, its all tooney, gladiator is tooney. who can really burn things by looking at them?? and survive the suction of space??

the reason they dont make him rule the dc universe is because it wuold be boring. this is why during the infinte crisis wally dissapeared into a diferent dimension. once finally using his powers to the max and not holding back, ( in fear of taking over bary allens position on earth), he had nothing else to do but raise his twins in a different dimension. this is why superman and supe boy are always having different problems and new abilities, you can't just make one char rule over all, fans would lose interest

Look, toony or no, it just doesn't make any sense. Flash is an indiscriminate character and his powers are just out there. Superman can go into the sun, yes, but he gets his powers from the sun. Surfer...... I don't even want to get into him. His powers are stupid. Burning something by looking at it with your eyes is a world of difference from going back in time and stealing things speed. Why doesn't Flash just go back in time anytime anything bad happens? This stuff has no consistency whatsoever and should be ignored rather than referenced. These are the kinds of idiotic things that make me not want to read anymore. Wally is just a man and no regular man could do that stuff without being vaporized. All of that stuff written in the comics is logically impossible and inconsistent. Now someone born with the ability to read minds seems believable, but with the ability to steal speed and use it against them is so dumb. Also, there's certain people that Flash isn't supposed to be able to steal speed from so we can't say that he could do that to Gladiator. The way Flash is handled now is bonk. I like to think in terms of a realistic setting. Storm vs Rogue could be believable, but someone going back in time and using this indiscriminate speed force to take over the universe is just unimaginable. Really, Flash with these powers is no hero if he does not single-handedly put all other heroes out of a job. He should do it all by his lonesome in this case.

great_dane
??? i dont get it?

so what is "good writing"

in this case

gl can tear pages out
superman can
galactus
silver surfer
all the heralds
the list go's on.

you can't say it go's on beyond common logic because all superheroes go beyond common logic. how can supe fly into the sun? why doesnt he get super old after all these years??

great_dane
he doesnt get vaporized because of the aura created by his suite while running

ExtraMision5555
??? i dont get it?

in this case

gl can tear pages out
superman can
galactus
silver surfer
all the heralds
the list go's on.

you can't say it go's on beyond common logic because all superheroes go beyond common logic. how can supe fly into the sun? why doesnt he get super old after all these years??

Good writeing is a character being consistant, creative or "realistic" (and i dont mean realistic) with thier powers. THe speedforce itself is just a setup for bad writeing. And i am pertty much speciffically talking about flash right now. Truthfully, regardless of wether or not it would make an uninteresting comic, by all means flash should put every superhero out of business. Now i know someones going to bring up a bunch of other superheros that "should" do the said thing. and sure, tthis does go beyond flash. Its just flashes is SOOOOOOOO rediculous, i just cant help but point it out. his just sticks out much further than the rest, beause it is infact the most rediculous.

Bad writeing isint always a bad thing. But in flashes case, its just absurd.

superman41082
??? i dont get it?

in this case

gl can tear pages out
superman can
galactus
silver surfer
all the heralds
the list go's on.

Dude.... some of the things Flash has done just go beyond these other guys. Okay, 'transmuting matter' is a retarded idea anyways. That means that any time Surfer gets into a fight he can just transmute the person and that's just gay, too. If someone can do that then everything around them then they just are God. God created the earth in whatever days, but this guy can do it whenever he wants. It has no consistency. Where did this ability come from and why isn't he transumtting things into something better? Supes is believable and inspiring. Everything Supes does works off of everything else, well. I can see that Flash may have some ridiculous powers that would go along with the speed, but lots of the stuff he does just holds no water. What is the point of even having a universe with a guy that can do whatever he wanted to with that universe? Have him be a fast guy that can do stuff not anything.

great_dane
then why doesnt superman grow old into a 87 year old grandpa??

that isn't consistent

hitemup
ExtraMision5555

ur an idiot. how is flash a boring char when he can steal ur speed, run through time, vibrate through anything and infinite mass punch ur idiot head.

superman41082
then why doesnt superman grow old into a 87 year old grandpa??

that isn't consistent

First off, they reinvent the characters. We don't want the Batman from 1939 because that guy would be an old fogie by then. We want the same guy put into this time with a cool new context. Secondly, I don't think Superman would grow old. He gets replenished and rejuvinated by the sun all the time. How would his body that gets so much energy ever become weaker?

superman41082
Originally posted by hitemup
ExtraMision5555

ur an idiot. how is flash a boring char when he can steal ur speed, run through time, vibrate through anything and infinite mass punch ur idiot head.

Because where is the struggle? If someone does all that, what obstacle is actually a challange for him? There's no conflict. They only play the 'Flash Wins' game over and over. Also, more importantly, it doesn't even make sense that he could do any of those things without dying. It's just stupid and boring.

Metalmanx
Dude.... some of the things Flash has done just go beyond these other guys. Okay, 'transmuting matter' is a retarded idea anyways. That means that any time Surfer gets into a fight he can just transmute the person and that's just gay, too. If someone can do that then everything around them then they just are God. God created the earth in whatever days, but this guy can do it whenever he wants. It has no consistency. Where did this ability come from and why isn't he transumtting things into something better? Supes is believable and inspiring. Everything Supes does works off of everything else, well. I can see that Flash may have some ridiculous powers that would go along with the speed, but lots of the stuff he does just holds no water. What is the point of even having a universe with a guy that can do whatever he wanted to with that universe? Have him be a fast guy that can do stuff not anything.

...So...because you don't like him...he doesn't win this fight? confused

If you've got a problem, take it up with DC Comics. Flash has consistently shown to be able to handle people of even Gladiator's status (White Martians, anyone? ).

Gladiator, even being as fast as he is, would never be able to touch Flash. Flash, however, could pummel Glads into oblivion.

Speed goes a long way.

great_dane
nothing is challenging he's the best.

and plus the flash is reinvented. we don't want the first flash that can only run up to 700 miles an hour. it would be lame.

what up chris

hitemup
what obstacle is there for superman prime, the guy has godlike powers.

hitemup
that u nigga kc

ExtraMision5555
ExtraMision5555

Lol

Judgeing by your post i assume you are wally west?

First of all nice to meet you.

Seocnd of all, flash is boring because, hmm... Everything you just listed? smile

and for the record, my skull is forged from a dense substance called Thornaxium. It is indestructable. So there will be no IMPING my skull. Wally's, or should i say, your hands would shatter instantly, createing a space rift which would ultimately suck you in.

great_dane
ya. lol.

that isnt boring though, thats intenese. if this were true, all writing would be boring.

why have superman, he's just gonna save the day.

why have wolverine, he's just gonna regenerate and come back

why have batman?? he'll take something off his belt and beat whoever heas fighting.

you make no sense

hitemup
thats boring. lololol. u mean u would not want to have his powers.

great_dane
laughing

hitemup
in that case. every char in comic universe is boring

hitemup
superman prime is the best

great_dane
eek! laughing laughing Happy Dance

superman41082
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...So...because you don't like him...he doesn't win this fight? confused

If you've got a problem, take it up with DC Comics. Flash has consistently shown to be able to handle people of even Gladiator's status (White Martians, anyone? ).

Gladiator, even being as fast as he is, would never be able to touch Flash. Flash, however, could pummel Glads into oblivion.

Speed goes a long way.

Okay. Here's my logic. Take Jewbilee. Jewbilee sucks(in fact she sucks so much I don't even know how to spell her name). She's a lame character with a lame power. Now say out of the blue, some writer decided that her lame power grew immensely. So immensely she was able to actually physically harm our classic Juggernaut. Then she went out and beat the Hulk. So now, with this new look at the character, she's one of the most powerful earth characters in Marvel. Do you really buy that just because of one writers opinion? It's stupid! Jewbilee sux! And she sux even worse by getting all this indiscriminate credit and inconsistent power. Flash should be able to go more than 700 mph, but I wouldn't ever buy him stealing someone's power. That's just stupid. My logic isn't that Flash loses because I don't like him. My logic is the actuality of what Flash's character is, minus the outrageous and retarded writing, should get his ass kicked by Gladiator. A character like Gladiator just seems way more imposing than what a Flash would. Flash should be kept within what his bounds should be and do all the bad writing you want, he loses to big guns like Gladiator.

superman41082
ya. lol.

that isnt boring though, thats intenese. if this were true, all writing would be boring.

why have superman, he's just gonna save the day.

why have wolverine, he's just gonna regenerate and come back

why have batman?? he'll take something off his belt and beat whoever heas fighting.

you make no sense

No....... running into the speed force and going back in time is nothing like Supes getting shot in the chest and bullets bouncing off. Wolverine is stupid when they make him regenerate from anything. Wolverine should be able to regenerate anything unless it kills him first. His brain could regenerate if it was damaged, but not if it exploded. Batman is about way more than what he can take from his belt, and against someone like Gladiator, without prep-time and much help, he'd be lost(and I mean lots of prep-time and lots of help). I make perfect sense. Wally stealing everyone's speed and going back in time and being a regular man but having no effect on his fragile body from all the unfathomable things he puts it through is just not believable. All it is is bad writing. You're full of it. This version of Flash is just dumb and not a character anyone could even take seriously.

hitemup
all those powers are the flash bound

great_dane
the thing is.............he doesn't.

all his powers do stay in his bounds.

he is the fastest character ever. (except zoom, but hes just running wise, doesnt have the flash's abilities)

anything the flash does deals with speed. dont you think the fastest char created should have a connection with the force that gives him his power.

his infinte mass punches are basically simple physics. that at which moves faster has greater force. a baseball tossed at you might give you a blak eye. one thrown at the speed of light would take your head off.
taking and giving speed have to do with his power, its all speed. the only thing added is his aura, enabling to run without being evaporated. but that would make sense, because whats the point of having a superman that some one from the street can sock and knock him out.

his powers and abilities all do make sense, its not bad writing.
you can'y say it go's beyond logic because everything else does too.
you seem to think superman is good writing right??
why does he have infra red laser eyes??
and freeze breath??
why does he have microscopic vision, and why does he have X-ray vision??

you can say the things your saying about anyone

great_dane
his aura doesnt make him fragile. why are you arguing these arguments without knowing the facts?? his aura protects him from the high velocity and high speeds.

Metalmanx
Okay. Here's my logic. Take Jewbilee. Jewbilee sucks(in fact she sucks so much I don't even know how to spell her name). She's a lame character with a lame power. Now say out of the blue, some writer decided that her lame power grew immensely. So immensely she was able to actually physically harm our classic Juggernaut. Then she went out and beat the Hulk. So now, with this new look at the character, she's one of the most powerful earth characters in Marvel. Do you really buy that just because of one writers opinion? It's stupid! Jewbilee sux! And she sux even worse by getting all this indiscriminate credit and inconsistent power. Flash should be able to go more than 700 mph, but I wouldn't ever buy him stealing someone's power. That's just stupid. My logic isn't that Flash loses because I don't like him. My logic is the actuality of what Flash's character is, minus the outrageous and retarded writing, should get his ass kicked by Gladiator. A character like Gladiator just seems way more imposing than what a Flash would. Flash should be kept within what his bounds should be and do all the bad writing you want, he loses to big guns like Gladiator.

Your logic is all wrong, my friend. What you hate apparently is when a character out of the blue just destroys say...Thanos. However, if written properly, the writers will show a gradual increase in power, almost like a comic book montage. And then, after many feats and showings of this new-found power, if said character was then able to take down Thanos, it would make perfect sense.

You make no sense. You want a comic book to become a newspaper. No one ever getting more powerful. Everyone staying the same. Superman would still not be able to fly or do half the things he does. Batman would just be a guy with gadgets that could only take out street thugs. Hell, there wouldn't even be a Green Lantern--his powers are so out there you wouldn't be able to stand them. Aquaman would only be able to talk to fish. That's it. And swim fast I guess.

What you want is a comic that never changes. Characters develop new powers over time. It happens. It's been happening since comic books were created. Get used to it, my friend.

Flash has complete contol over his molecules. He also has a very powerful control over kinetic energy. He can enter the Speed Force pretty much at will. He's shielded from the rigors of super-speed by the Speed Force. He can perfom Infinite Mass Punches that cause an extreme amount of damage. He can vibrate his limbs inside an opponent--a lethal manuever.

Her name is "Jubilee", by the way. And to be honest, she's not nearly as crappy as people make her out to be. She makes things explode on the sub-atomic level. If she ever really trained hard with her powers (instead of just using them the way they are), she actually (as Professor Xavier once said) could be extremely powerful.

I'm REALLY glad you don't write comics. They'd be the most boring pieces of paper in existence. Calculus textbooks would be exhilerating in comparison.

hitemup
its not like the writers rebooted the flash like john byrne did to superman. he had all his abilities from the same issue.

ExtraMision5555

he is the fastest character ever. (except zoom, but hes just running wise, doesnt have the flash's abilities)

anything the flash does deals with speed. dont you think the fastest char created should have a connection with the force that gives him his power.

his infinte mass punches are basically simple physics. that at which moves faster has greater force. a baseball tossed at you might give you a blak eye. one thrown at the speed of light would take your head off.
taking and giving speed have to do with his power, its all speed. the only thing added is his aura, enabling to run without being evaporated. but that would make sense, because whats the point of having a superman that some one from the street can sock and knock him out.

and freeze breath??

No no, now your spinning off into an entirely different topic. This is fictional writeing so alot of things are definately excuseable, like everything you just listed about superman. Anything is excuseable, pertty much. I/he is simply talking about the glaring contradictions and just

wildness

in

flashes

superman41082
its not like the writers rebooted the flash like john byrne did to superman. he had all his abilities from the same issue.

Flash and Superman both have one source of power. Flash with the 'speed force,' and Superman with the sun.

great_dane
exactly, they didnt wake up one morning and say "forget it"

the flash is going to be the best.
they gradually added his abilities and powers. they turned him into the character he is.

great_dane
well if its fictional writing it is all excusable. why are we even arguing here?

hitemup
y are u bum niggas hating on the flash

ExtraMision5555
well if its fictional writing it is all excusable. why are we even arguing here?

im sure you have good memory, you know what i said earlier

superman41082
Your logic is all wrong, my friend. What you hate apparently is when a character out of the blue just destroys say...Thanos. However, if written properly, the writers will show a gradual increase in power, almost like a comic book montage. And then, after many feats and showings of this new-found power, if said character was then able to take down Thanos, it would make perfect sense. I'll admit you have a way with your words, but all you're doing is trying to manipulate my words and make them sound as dumb as Flash's powers. You're arguing an invalid point and no matter how well you're arguing it, it's invalid. There is no need for a DC universe with a Flash that does that and also the powers are very inconsistent, which is the more prominent of the two points. If the NFL followed this logic, they would take all the pro bowlers and put them on the same team, and fill all the other teams up with middle-schoolers to see what happened. It's just retarded. It makes no sense and no matter what kind of superstar lawyer comes in the courtroom to argue the point, the fact is that the argument itself is just ridiculous.

You make no sense. You want a comic book to become a newspaper. No one ever getting more powerful. Everyone staying the same. Superman would still not be able to fly or do half the things he does. Batman would just be a guy with gadgets that could only take out street thugs. Hell, there wouldn't even be a Green Lantern--his powers are so out there you wouldn't be able to stand them. Aquaman would only be able to talk to fish. That's it. And swim fast I guess.

What you want is a comic that never changes. Characters develop new powers over time. It happens. It's been happening since comic books were created. Get used to it, my friend.

Flash has complete contol over his molecules. He also has a very powerful control over kinetic energy. He can enter the Speed Force pretty much at will. He's shielded from the rigors of super-speed by the Speed Force. He can perfom Infinite Mass Punches that cause an extreme amount of damage. He can vibrate his limbs inside an opponent--a lethal manuever.

Her name is "Jubilee", by the way. And to be honest, she's not nearly as crappy as people make her out to be. She makes things explode on the sub-atomic level. If she ever really trained hard with her powers (instead of just using them the way they are), she actually (as Professor Xavier once said) could be extremely powerful.

I'm REALLY glad you don't write comics. They'd be the most boring pieces of paper in existence. Calculus textbooks would be exhilerating in comparison.

No my friend, you are definitely putting words in my mouth. My comparison to Jewbilee is more accurate than you say. They may have graduated Flash a lot over the years, but the jump to stealing speed and going back and fourth in time is not something that can be graduated to. Taking Flash from what he could do and what he has done has no proper way of graduatiing the circumstances. The mere fact that he can do some of those things is just a step that is impossible to justify. I don't want the characters never to change, but I don't ever want them to get stupid like Flash. Jubilee is crappy simply because she has no character. She's just a little girl who can hurt people by doing something. There's no message or point to her character. She, to me, is a total jobber, which is what Flash has done with his newfound powers to the entirity of the DC universe. DC jobs to Flash now and it's jut boring. You have no idea what my comics would be like. LOL..... You think that because I wouldn't have someone able to throw anyone he wants into the speed force that there are no other interesting stories that I could personally write. Well man.... u actually seem easy to please. Have a guy go back in time and you have an interesting story. There are millions of directions I could go and just because I disagree with some of the writers now does not mean that I would write boring stuff.

hitemup
bcuz of his abilities. its fictional u nerd. go get laid or something. here, go beat off.

great_dane
look. you know the flash would tele behind gladiator and take all his speed instantly. no time involved. grab him by the shoulder and either throw him in the speedforce or melt his entire body. i'd predict all done under 1 sec.

think what you want, this is a thread between two chars, one being the best and one being a knock off. the flash isnt bad writing, in fact it's great writing. makes sense and is entertainable. of couse they can't have one char go around collapsing the universe and killing off everyone, there would be no point for any other char. the same can be said about any other char, like superman and GL.

flash 10/10

ExtraMision5555
I don't want the characters never to change, but I don't ever want them to get stupid like Flash.

Exactly.

great_dane
Why is he stupid?? bacuse he can do everything??

that doesnt make someone stupid, that makes them the best.
and the reason the dc universe focuses so much on flash is because he was the first running char to be spawned. thats why superman has evolved so much. theyre have been so many knock off's of the flash and DC has to re-ensure making they're creation that good

ExtraMision5555
Why is he stupid?? bacuse he can do everything??

that doesnt make someone stupid, that makes them the best.
and the reason the dc universe focuses so much on flash is because he was the first running char to be spawned. thats why superman has evolved so much. theyre have been so many knock off's of the flash and DC has to re-ensure making they're creation that good

hes kinda cool, but kinda stupid too

i like him on justice leauge unilimited.
that show makes me smile smile

great_dane
I hate it. The flash is one of the most powerfull char in the dc universe. probably the strongest, and in that show they make him a stupid kid that has no common sense. I especially hate the fact that they make him dumb (seeing as how the flash is a scietist, with very high intelect)

hitemup
exactly. superman could not run as fast as the speed of light. but when he becomes superman prime, he surpases the speed of light.

superman41082
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
hes kinda cool, but kinda stupid too

i like him on justice leauge unilimited.
that show makes me smile smile

Me, too extra..... I love Wally West's character, but I hate the Flash's so-called powers. Flash, first and foremost, couldn't do those things and also, he shouldn't. It'd be dumb for all that.......

great_dane
what do you mean he could'nt do those things?? he has before.

you make it sound like they say he can do it, but he hasn't.

he has stolen speed, he has given speed, he can time travel instantly,

ExtraMision5555
Me, too extra..... I love Wally West's character, but I hate the Flash's so-called powers. Flash, first and foremost, couldn't do those things and also, he shouldn't. It'd be dumb for all that.......

yep, i absolutely agree. so true. i tend to like the 'depowered', versions of flash better. and the more comedic ones. atleast anyhting other than speedforce enriched flash.

Metalmanx
No my friend, you are definitely putting words in my mouth. My comparison to Jewbilee is more accurate than you say. They may have graduated Flash a lot over the years, but the jump to stealing speed and going back and fourth in time is not something that can be graduated to. Taking Flash from what he could do and what he has done has no proper way of graduatiing the circumstances. The mere fact that he can do some of those things is just a step that is impossible to justify. I don't want the characters never to change, but I don't ever want them to get stupid like Flash. Jubilee is crappy simply because she has no character. She's just a little girl who can hurt people by doing something. There's no message or point to her character. She, to me, is a total jobber, which is what Flash has done with his newfound powers to the entirity of the DC universe. DC jobs to Flash now and it's jut boring. You have no idea what my comics would be like. LOL..... You think that because I wouldn't have someone able to throw anyone he wants into the speed force that there are no other interesting stories that I could personally write. Well man.... u actually seem easy to please. Have a guy go back in time and you have an interesting story. There are millions of directions I could go and just because I disagree with some of the writers now does not mean that I would write boring stuff.

Now you're really not making sense.

Since to you, Jubilee apparently has no point at all, what's the point of anyone then? What's the point of Archangel? What's the point of Poison Ivy? What's the point of Toad? What's the point of The Shocker? What's the point of Beak? What's the point of Iron Fist? What's the point of Squirrel Girl? Etc., etc.

And if anything, Flash jobs to the DC universe. NOT the other way around.

Flash suddenly gaining powers annoys you? What about Superman's T-Vo power? Where the hell did that come from? What about Aquaman's increased super-strength and telepathy (not just fish-based)? Explanations? What about Iceman suddenly becoming all ice (when he used to just cover himself with a layer of ice/snow)? And staying that way?

Maybe I am easy to please. Personally, I read comics to escape reality, to see characters do things that could never ever even be conceivable to happen in our reality. If they're given new powers, they're given new powers. As long the powers entertain the reader, that's really all that matters.

hitemup
hes done it before. do u read the comics. he threw superboy prime in the speedfore and melted the mirror master.

ExtraMision5555

Since to you, Jubilee apparently has no point at all, what's the point of anyone then? What's the point of Archangel? What's the point of Poison Ivy? What's the point of Toad? What's the point of The Shocker? What's the point of Beak? What's the point of Iron Fist? What's the point of Squirrel Girl? Etc., etc.

Flash suddenly gaining powers annoys you? What about Superman's T-Vo power? Where the hell did that come from? What about Aquaman's increased super-strength and telepathy (not just fish-based)? Explanations? What about Iceman suddenly becoming all ice (when he used to just cover himself with a layer of ice/snow)? And staying that way?

Maybe I am easy to please. Personally, I read comics to escape reality, to see characters do things that could never ever even be conceivable to happen in our reality. If they're given new powers, they're given new powers. As long the powers entertain the reader, that's really all that matters.

I competely understand where your coming from and in alot of cases i agree. I think the point he is just trying to make, and sort of me as well is just that, well for instance; (and perhaps you can relate)

I love love love love LOVE teh show 24. Jack bauer is a mans man. Pure buffness.

Now if one day Jack bauer was in say hour 15, and something terrible happend causing a thermonuclear breakdown and some catastrophic event to happen, and then Jack suddenly finds a timecrystal, and reverts to one hour ago so he can prevent all that from happening, in a big way the show will have lost alot of what made it great. It would detract from the amazing screenwriteing that i have come to love on 24.

The same applies to comics, or any form of entertainment. Its moreso, a character stepping too far out of what is "believeable" (in thick quotations) withinn its own settings. Its just dissappointing to see characters you love spiral off into a goofy mess. Gosh
what has this thread turned into

superman41082

Dude stop talking nonsense. Jubilee is a bad character. That doesn't mean that all characters are. Just because I don't like the movie 'The Da Vinci Code' does that mean that I don't like the movie '2001: A Space Odyssey?' Jubilee sucks. She represents nothing and doesn't even have a cool characterization. She basically sux. Oh yeah, btw Arch Angel sux, too! All of these other characters and them gaining their powers are different than someone just having another entire universe that they can throw people in. When in doubt, Flash can just throw someone int he Speed Force. That's just dumb. Also it's understandable and makes a modicumb of sense that those characters would find out they had new abilities, but it makes no sense that Flash would gain powers that awesome! Your basically just being a jerk and picking apart my words to try and make them look foolish and not even listening to what I'm saying. You're not even trying to hear me and that's what makes no sense. You probably don't have much going on if you get off on trying to nit-pick everyone's thoughts just to make yourself seem right. The point of this forum is to share ideas, not show how everyone that thinks differently than you is wrong. You need to grow up a little bit friend.

great_dane
a flash hating article. if you feel that way than stop reading comics. everyone gains new powers and abilities to make them stronger than the last guy. if this werent the case you'd have superman not flying or running fast. tha flash eating up the planet and only running at 700 miles an hour, aqua man and auqua lad talking to fish, and only talking to fish. batman having a towel around his neck with no belt and no batcave. you're making no sense at all.

superman41082
To Metalman..... If you do just like to escape reality, that's understandable, and to a reader like that, anything off the wall would be ok, but I read for inspiration. It's the opposite of inspiration for some guy to throw anyone he feels like into his own little place that only he can survive in. What does that mean to my life? Superman, however, inspires me to be a better person. If you read to escape reality, there's a million other books to read in addition to comics. I hate it when writers think the majority of the readers are just looking for a story and nothing more. I expect more out of my comics than garbage such as what Flash has done. Unless you have a 'who cares. I just want to relax mentality,' that stuff will not fly.

great_dane
than you shouldnt read superman. superman gets weak, fly's into the sun, comes back, and kills everyone. not only that but they decide to give him the last remaining power ring in the universe.

great_dane
thats basically flash throwing someone into the speedforce

great_dane
i got to work tomarrow, we'll continue this tomarrow. im pt so its 12:34.
later flash haters.

ExtraMision5555
than you shouldnt read superman. superman gets weak, fly's into the sun, comes back, and kills everyone. not only that but they decide to give him the last remaining power ring in the universe.

and what color is that ring?

Metalmanx
Dude stop talking nonsense. Jubilee is a bad character. That doesn't mean that all characters are. Just because I don't like the movie 'The Da Vinci Code' does that mean that I don't like the movie '2001: A Space Odyssey?' Jubilee sucks. She represents nothing and doesn't even have a cool characterization. She basically sux. Oh yeah, btw Arch Angel sux, too! All of these other characters and them gaining their powers are different than someone just having another entire universe that they can throw people in. When in doubt, Flash can just throw someone int he Speed Force. That's just dumb. Also it's understandable and makes a modicumb of sense that those characters would find out they had new abilities, but it makes no sense that Flash would gain powers that awesome! Your basically just being a jerk and picking apart my words to try and make them look foolish and not even listening to what I'm saying. You're not even trying to hear me and that's what makes no sense. You probably don't have much going on if you get off on trying to nit-pick everyone's thoughts just to make yourself seem right. The point of this forum is to share ideas, not show how everyone that thinks differently than you is wrong. You need to grow up a little bit friend.

First off, you need to relax a bit. You're the one misconstruing my words now (even though I don't think I did it to you at all).

You think I'm nit-picking? I'm just taking a break from writing a paper really. I'm just debating with you is all. Ya know, that thing you do on a forum? I'm hearing you loud and clear, I understand what you're saying. I just don't happen to agree with it. Now my job in this is to try and persuade you. That's how debating works. We're sharing ideas and having a good time. At least I am. I hope you are, too.

Tell me, in as much detail as possible, why you think Jubilee sucks? And could you possibly do more than just say "Jubilee sucks. She represents nothing and doesn't even have a cool characterization. She basically sux."? I mean, as insightful as that is, I need a bit more. And Archangel, too, while you're at it.

And then tell me why Superman doesn't suck. I'm curious as to why you feel the Flash, Jubilee, and Archangel suck, and yet don't feel the same for Superman, when he has clearly done much more outrageous things than these three combined.

superman41082
First off, you need to relax a bit. You're the one misconstruing my words now (even though I don't think I did it to you at all).

You think I'm nit-picking? I'm just taking a break from writing a paper really. I'm just debating with you is all. Ya know, that thing you do on a forum? I'm hearing you loud and clear, I understand what you're saying. I just don't happen to agree with it. Now my job in this is to try and persuade you. That's how debating works. We're sharing ideas and having a good time. At least I am. I hope you are, too.

Tell me, in as much detail as possible, why you think Jubilee sucks? And could you possibly do more than just say "Jubilee sucks. She represents nothing and doesn't even have a cool characterization. She basically sux."? I mean, as insightful as that is, I need a bit more. And Archangel, too, while you're at it.

And then tell me why Superman doesn't suck. I'm curious as to why you feel the Flash, Jubilee, and Archangel suck, and yet don't feel the same for Superman, when he has clearly done much more outrageous things than these three combined.

Okay. I will tell you and thank you for caring enough to ask, but first I will comment on the 'debating' that we're doing. First, I don't really like doing it. Most people are not open-minded and do not actually care what you have to say. They will sit and wait for their turn to talk, which is pointless to me. Most of the time, nothing gets accomplished. Not saying that I'm any kind of perfect person, but I on the otherhand am very interested to hear what other people have to say, but am frusterated when there isn't reciprocation. I tried to edit a previous post to mention that you did seem good with words, but that mere fact actually irritated me more since it seemed as if you were twisting around what I said and also doing it in an effective way. I think that we're gettins somewhere and I am enjoying writing this post infinitely more than any of my seeminglg 20 posts in this topic. Lots of my posts are more of a venting nature and when you're trying to get something off of your chest it is difficult to take criticism. I'm glad to see that you care enough to ask me to delve into what I actually mean. Also, in case you didn't catch it, I ad a post saying that I can understand how this kind of writing is cool if your point is to escape reality. We are just different readers and that is definitely okay. I can see how someone uber powerful doing cool things like that would be nice to read if you just want to get your mind off of things. Me, on the other hand, I have a different approach to things, and it is very true with how I like my comics.

First off, I want to say that I don't even read comics anymore because I hate the way lots of the writers do many characters, and this absolutely includes Superman. I will only read something if it's referred to me by a friend. Also, I do like Flash, at least Wally West. The characterization is very good. Wally is just a likeable guy and I can relate to him plenty. Unassuming and good-natured people just have a place in my heart. He is much better than Jubilee, who in my opinion, doesn't have much to offer personality-wise, and her power isn't interesting enough to make up for it. Being really fast and able to do all this stuff with just that one power is really really cool, but it has gotten to be too much for me. From what it seems, there's no reason for anything to ever be wrong when you have someone that powerful and instead of the DC universe it should just be called happyland. Also, the powers are just extremely far-fetched when considering the character. He is a regular person, who's metabolism is so high he has to eat millions of calories/day, and it doesn't seem like a human body could endure that kind of strain no matter what kind of 'speed force' might assist. All they have to do is tone him down a bit and keep it somewhat imaginable. I just get an irritated feeling in my gut when thinking about him doing all that. It doesn't set right with me and I listen to my gut. Okay, and on to Arch Angel. Wow......... this guy is really a marketing scheme. I liked regular old Angel much better. A boy with wings looking differently than everyone else is cool in itself. It's got to be difficult to deal with something like that. Anyways, giving him the metal wings with the pins that come out of them and the shift x speed just seems childish to me. It's clear to me that they did it just to make him more hip and cared nothing about the integrity of the character. Now Marvel needs to make money and if Arch Angel sells more than they need to make him Arch Angel instead because they need to make money or there won't be any comics anyways, but nothing was added that really struck me as an improvement. I'm just not impressed by metal wings. I also don't like what they did with Spider-Man by giving him that new suite because it's obviously just to try and sell some eventual toys and get kids to think it looks cool, but he's at least still Spider-Man. They've made him too strong, though, but I still love the character. I won't let a few things I don't agree with change who the character is to me. In short, there's a few reasons I don't like lots of the characters, and most of them are just that they're geared to a simple-minded audience and don't turn the wheels of my mind. Jubilee has hardly any individuality to her. Arch Angel's metal wings aren't cool enough to fascinate me, and as it relates to Flash, lots of that stuff is just too outlandish and too unnecessary for me. I like a different approach to my characters.

First, I may not like Arch Angle, but that doesn't mean that I can't like a story with him in it. There could be a great story, even centred around him, but definitely with him as a main character that could capture my attention. For instance, I like lots of the Star Trek episodes even though I don't care for all the characters. Anways, the entertainment I like makes me think and makes me think to myself that I should do better, or is just extremely interesting. I really like the movie Fight Club because the behavior in the movie is so interesting, but I like contemplating Superman even more because the character inspires me. I could talk all night about Superman but I won't. Superman was the one that started this comic business, and you can see his influence in every character out there. The 'Never Ending Battle' kind of somes it up, but the manner in which he handles his respnisibilities is just so admiriable. He makes some other heroes look insignificant, yet somehow manages to make them all feel empowered anyways speaks wonders about him, and I like to relate him to my own life. If Superman were me, how would he handle this part of my life? He just really makes me try to do better and that to me has infinitely more longevity than a simple momentary high of something really hip and cool. Superman is classic and stands for all that is noble and decent. His presence can be felt by me in every second of my being. That is why Superman does not suck to me. I'm glad you asked me these questions. Thank you.

Lucid Lui
When she's written well Jubilee's a great character.

Stupid Rookie

and freeze breath??

People who try to draw physics into this are in need of desperate help.

You do know that when traveling at light speed time slows right? So when he runs around, everyone he knows is aging at an accellerated rate. I don't feel like debating this, but if you are trying to use physics to justify the Flash you are just plain wrong.

Sub_Mariner
100th post! big grin What confidence level is glads at?

newyorkcares
dude, gladiator is taking this one home to the shiar. even speed blitzing a million times ,gladiator only needs to hit flash once and he's a red smear on the pavement.

Metalmanx
Flash wins.

sexyking
You guys need to get of Flash's penis. He can not defeat everyone like that. Gladiator would kill him in one blow when he finally landed it. You guys overestimate Flash and the don't look at the actuality of how his powers would really work. He is not God. He is a man, and all those things he may be capable of, he has no lucidity or control over. Gladiator can do just the same thing(considering he can go at light speed as well), but he won't because there's no use in doing those things. According to everyone's logic, Flash would beat Galactus by hitting him with 'the force of a black hole,' but that's just rubbish. Flash is not in control of those kinds of powers and none of the characters that are light speed are. If Flash tried to do that he'd probably kill himself instead. Grow up guys. Flash is not all powerful. Gladiator slaps him in the head and knocks it off. Gladiator wins 100/1.

Complete and utter Bullsh.. and you my friend are a bit confused have you ever heard of the speed force?

Faceman
Bump

xmeat
idiots so if flash ran so fast in the universe he could stop spectre, doomsday,lucifer apokolips,and all the other universal powerhouses laughing

MattDay
flash has the power to beat superman... i think he can handle gladiator

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MattDay
flash has the power to beat superman... i think he can handle gladiator

ermm

dvampire
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
ermm

He does.

Metalmanx
While I think a fully-confident Gladiator would prove even more of a challenge than Superman, Flash still wins this.

dvampire
I don't. Gladitor really doesn't have speed to even hit Flash, Supes does. Glads just fly real fast, he doesn't have the reflexes on par with Supes. And what is a fully confident Glads power like anyways? How can we tell the difference?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by dvampire
I don't. Gladitor really doesn't have speed to even hit Flash, Supes does. Glads just fly real fast, he doesn't have the reflexes on par with Supes. And what is a fully confident Glads power like anyways? How can we tell the difference?

Supes doesn't have anywhere near the reflexes fast enough to hit Flash. no expression

dvampire
Supes doesn't have anywhere near the reflexes fast enough to hit Flash. no expression

He hit Zoom (during IC).

Metalmanx
Originally posted by dvampire
He hit Zoom (during IC).

He hit Zoom? What were the circumstances?

dvampire
He hit Zoom? What were the circumstances?

The hero's and villians were fighting, both of the Supermen came to help out. After they took out Doomsday, our Supes Koed Zoom. Go read IC, I forgot what issue. I think it was issue 5 or 6 though.

Metalmanx
I believe you, just find the instance hard to believe is all.

Nonetheless, I've never believed Zoom to be faster than Flash anyway. Zoom's power is different, too (if I recall correctly) it's not just super-speed.

I've seen Flash move fast enough to the point were Supes was motionless. On more than one occasion.

xmeat
glad 1000/1

jrodslam
Fight is on Earth? Flash wins.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I don't think the speed force is strong enough to take on a member of the Shi'ar empire.

spidey-dude
if superman can fly the speed of light than so can gladiator. glad has the same powers as supes but higher.

Accel
I believe you, just find the instance hard to believe is all.

Nonetheless, I've never believed Zoom to be faster than Flash anyway. Zoom's power is different, too (if I recall correctly) it's not just super-speed.

I've seen Flash move fast enough to the point were Supes was motionless. On more than one occasion.
I believe Zoom should be faster than all Flashes except current Bart because of his powers.

No matter how fast Wally is running, Zoom should just be able to mess with time so that's always a step ahead of him.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Accel
I believe Zoom should be faster than all Flashes except current Bart because of his powers.

No matter how fast Wally is running, Zoom should just be able to mess with time so that's always a step ahead of him.

Thats exactly how it is/was. Zoom was able to go lightspeed instantly. He did run on a different timeline than Wally anyways. It wasnt speedforce bnased, but time based. Flash had to absorb other speedsters speed to go 0-ls instantly and he still wasnt faster than Zoom.

dvampire
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I don't think the speed force is strong enough to take on a member of the Shi'ar empire.

The speed force is strong enough to take on Cosmic level beings, Glad is nothing special, and will be effected.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.