Spoilers???? I hope not

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistypirate
Hi everyone

I was browsing around the net looking for some POTC 3 news, and came upon a site called starpulse . com and found an article that made mereally upset. I hope this is not true, or I'm going to be really sad mad sick

Since I'm new I'm not going to be able to paste the link, but here is what it says mad

Spoilers?????????? mad
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Johnny Depp Is Keeping His 'Pirates' Grillz
Johnny Depp is keeping the gold teeth he wore in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The actor revealed he has grown so attached to the lavish caps he donned to portray his character Captain Jack Sparrow that he plans to keep them. He told MTV News: "They will be staying on, but only until we're done filming number three. Then I'll have to go through the process of yanking them."

Meanwhile, Depp's co-star Naomie Harris has let slip her character, voodoo fortune-teller Tia Dalma, may become romantically involved with Captain Sparrow in the third film, tentatively titled At World's End.

Harris claims the director, Gore Verbinski, told the two stars they could decide if their on screen relationship developed into something more serious.

She revealed: "It's supposed to be that we're lovers. We talked about it in rehearsals, but Gore Verbinski, the director, left it up to us, really, to come up with our own stories ourselves."

sccch
I hope it doesn't turn out Jack/Tia...

mmoviejunkie
that would be gay

idk, i wouldn't believe anything online right now

Chiki Mina
imo i think its about their past on how they were met. and probably tia will try to seduce him somehow on offereing to be immortal and be with tia forever other than be with his beloved liz.

and yea as moviejunkie said..i dont believe anymore online shit..bc its shit as simple as that.

sccch
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejABfbOCxg

lovethemtigers
OMG I hope not....Jack and Elizabeth have so much chemistry and they are soulmates....I felt no chemistry or Pull whatsoever between Jack and Tia when they were at her hut...that would be forced chemistry and that is so hard to watch....NO please...I think that is all just hear say and rumors....we know Tia and Jack have a past...but I don't think they will be romantically involved...who knows...maybe all the clues in DMC was just to fool us so we would rush out to see AWE...but if it doesn't turn out as I'm hoping...then that's all they'll get...one viewing from me....well, can't help i though, I am addicted to Johnny Depp ...so never can get enough of him.///

mmoviejunkie
yeah there was no chemistry between jack and tia,
i thought she was much more interested in will than jack

Chiki Mina
ok im fukin stressed!!!! whos going to the therapy thread with me to sing KUMBAYA!!

Mistypirate
Thanks for the vid sccch,
it clears my mind a bit, I must say that Noemi is beautiful without her Tia's make up, I had never seen her before without the makeup, but still I don't picture her and Jack together at the end of AWE. After all the teasing between J/L in DMC, TnT have to give us the ending that we deserve. But if J/T end up together im going to be mad and probably I'm going to be tormented for life. confused I mean it was the chemistry between J/L that made me such a big fan of this movie. I mean i liked the 1st one, but it wasn't untill the 2nd that i got really in to the movie. And was Because of the chemistry they projected on screen.

Anyways, Where's my rum

stands up and goes to kitchen to get her bacardi.... big grin

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Thanks for the vid sccch,
it clears my mind a bit, I must say that Noemi is beautiful without her Tia's make up, I had never seen her before without the makeup, but still I don't picture her and Jack together at the end of AWE. After all the teasing between J/L in DMC, TnT have to give us the ending that we deserve. But if J/T end up together im going to be mad and probably I'm going to be tormented for life. confused I mean it was the chemistry between J/L that made me such a big fan of this movie. I mean i liked the 1st one, but it wasn't untill the 2nd that i got really in to the movie. And was Because of the chemistry they projected on screen.

Anyways, Where's my rum

stands up and goes to kitchen to get her bacardi.... big grin

I so agree with u its all about Jack/Liz.... I remember reading that article 2!! made me upset although it would be cool if Tia and Jack had a scene of them getting close but not kissing and then Liz walks in on them and obviously gets jealous...and everyone sees right through her front that she is in love with Jack! and then Jack tells her that its her (Liz) that he wants not Tia!!

akanai
I think i also need KUMBAYA now... i wanna potc3, goddammit! XD

katelovespirate
yes i think they were allowed to discuss and decide upon their history, but the writers/director would NOT give them free reign to decide whether or not to become romantically involved AGAIN ONSCREEN... come on. they dont make decisions that big by "leaving it up to the actors".

I wouldn't doubt that considering Tia is meant to have a much larger part, she and Jack will be flirting a lot/ working together. but by any stretch of the imagination, they wont end up together.

what you guys said is very true. Jack doesn't get a good vibe from Tia in the film--- he is afraid of going to see her, he is nervous the whole time they are there, and she is all over Will. not a good set up if they meant to develope something later.

calypso
All the stuff about Jack/Tia Johnny said in an interview prior to DMC. He said that he and Naomi were given a choice of being more involved in DMC or having an involved back story. Obviously they are not lovers in DMC, so in AWE maybe their back story is they were. But I don't see J/T at any time, but I do see W/T.

When Will walked through that door her whole persona changed and Jack was shoved to the background. I vote W/T and Will winds up at the helm of the Flying Dutchman after he kills Davy Jones by stabbing his heart with Bootstrap's knife. Then I see W/T going off together.

LovelyOne
no its the back story I think..he did have a history with her...maybe they had the choice to add onto it or something

That would really suck though..if he became romantically invoved with her..its crap..it makes no sense that they build up all this J/E tension and then add in Jack/Tia..I would be so unhappy sad

I agree I see W/T too

especially when he got to stage 6..she's helping them gain what they want most in life and she flirts with Will..wink helping him choose the right lady?

LovelyOne
I'm sorry but that really makes no sense..that they would allow Johnny and Naomi to decide where the story goes..it would mess up the pattern..and audiences don't like it when things don't make sense to them and they mess up a familiar pattern..honestly it just wouldn't make sense to anyone...especially after movie 2

maybe they just mean they can decide/build on the back story..

And I can imagine Liz getting a bit jealous if they flirted etc.

It would be a big mistake to show us Jack getting on so well/falling for the leading lady and then having him leave it with a lesser role in the story..like Tia..and the main hero NEVER goes off with the mentor/merlin character..

it makes sense to make 2 lesser parts go together like Will/Tia.

Also!! they have to take AWE's DVD sales into consideration..movie 2 is whats going to make us rush to see movie 3 because of Jack/LIz..and if movie 3 ends Will/Liz Jack/Tia then they can say goodbye to successful DVD sales of AWE

actually what she says in the last sentence basically states that its only the stories of their past together that they get to add their won stuff in to IMO

*jcd*gmc*
yea..... it would be strange-they'd probably have to change the whole story around if it was a jack/tia ending-plus, i heard at the end jack was w/ giselle and scarlet! one on each arm as the sailed off into the sunset. sick seriously-i hope johnny chooses for jack NOT to go w/ tia, because that is torture to the jack/liz and will/liz supporters in the audience!

LovelyOne
"Harris claims the director, Gore Verbinski, told the two stars they could decide if their on screen relationship developed into something more serious.

She revealed: "It's supposed to be that we're lovers. We talked about it in rehearsals, but Gore Verbinski, the director, left it up to us, really, to come up with our own stories ourselves."

Its clear right there what they mean..when we saw movie 2 there is the fact they knew eachother but it wasnt detailed...he just says "thick as theives" and there is a suggestion they slept together but thats it..and now johnny/Naome are allowed to make the back story up lol..Because I bet it wasnt really there when it was written..it was just "they have a past together" on the script or something..Giving Depp and Harris the option to make up the backstory CANT really affect the current story..they are only deciding on the history of their relationship..so IMO thats the only reason why they have been given a free reighn with the development..because its not going to affect the ending of the movie..no WAY would they allow Johnny and her to decide the ending..

And the fact they say "develop on screen" it probably means just that..we are going to learn more about their past stories on screen...its a development in info of the two's relationship in the past

they also say "developed!" as in past tense..not develop into which is future tense..

Chiki Mina
i dont want will to end up like davy-even though he mirrors davy..but i dont want him to end up like an octopus head bc then the first person he'll go after will be jack and liz!

And i hope its not tia/will either..isnt tia/calypso in love with davy!?!?!? besides will ending up with tia immortal forever-uhg i dunno..will deserves better and tia deserves Davy and maybe a brush, and some new teeth lol.

UHG stress again!!!!!!! "kumbayakumbayakumbayakumbaya" *runs to the therapy thread*

LovelyOne
I agree..its like its back to step one again..why does everything coming out of people's mouths on set and the directors/writers make NO sesne to what we have seen on screen??..he ends up with Tia after what we saw in movie 2?? BS!

I dont like how she said "Its supposed to be that we're lovers" though as in present tense...because I NEVER got that vibe at all when wacthing DMC..he's vexed by Elizabeth from the very first moment we see him..he's falling for her and Tia even says that he is when she meets him..she even HELPS him take her on as an obligation in life...and by the end?? he is very much still infatuated with Elizabeth

I have a feeling thats not how she meant that line..I think she means the back story is about them being lovers..so they are adding onto it.

.she's saying "supposed" to be lovers because of that "supposed" back story where they are lovers,, that back story doesnt have all that much depth just yet...so they are allowed to build on it..

willofthewisp
I fully agree with LovelyOne, and to cheer some people up, that's a really old quote. It's not a new development or breaking news. I have full confidence in Johnny Depp and Naomie Harris when it comes to their characters and if it doesn't fit the characters to rekindle thier past escapades, then they won't choose to do that. Jack isn't the kind of guy who comes crawling back and we all know Tia is Calypso, so she's not looking for anything longterm. But I think they're talking about the backstory, that at one time, Jack and Tia slept together, which is fully possible since Tia has a sensual way about her and Jack will sleep with anything once.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by sccch
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejABfbOCxg

Thanks Scch....this interview by Naomi....I didn't get anything from it that she and Jack are going to be involved...and then she says she can see into people's heart and minds and know their inner most desires...so she does know that Jack wants Elizabeth...and if this is true..then she knows what Elizabeth is really feeling when they are at the HUT in the end......

She also says that in the third film we discover that she is not who she says she is...meaning.....She is Calypso.....and she says she leaves the movie in a dramatic fashion...she and Davy ...maybe Davy stabs her heart and then Will stabs the heart of Davy Jones.

Or.....maybe once Will destroys Davy...Tia is freed from her cursed disguise and she and Will sail off together on the Flying Dutchman.
I think there is chemistry between Tia and Will...but yes, she totally ignored Jack when she saw Will....

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by PirateDiva
I so agree with u its all about Jack/Liz.... I remember reading that article 2!! made me upset although it would be cool if Tia and Jack had a scene of them getting close but not kissing and then Liz walks in on them and obviously gets jealous...and everyone sees right through her front that she is in love with Jack! and then Jack tells her that its her (Liz) that he wants not Tia!!

Yeah this is what I am hoping for...because it would lead to the tension that is developing between Jack and Liz....I think it will be a great story line if Jack ignore Liz....like he is unaffected by her...and has all this flirting going on with Tia..and Liz thinks there is something going on but it's really not....and then we get to see how jealous Liz can be...a jealous Liz could be a really dangerous thing...

willofthewisp
I think Will's more intrigued by her than infatuated with her. She's so different from the other women he's around, even Liz, that he's never seen anything like her and it throws him off guard, especially when she propositions him. He's flattered, of course, and maybe a little flirtatious, but we can't base that he wants her off of one scene. Maybe if they had a little Curiosity scene like Jack and Liz did we would know for sure.

Will: One day, you'll clean yourself up a bit and act like a lady.
Tia: You seem very certain.
Will: One word, curiosity. You long to move out of this hut and walk around the streets during the day. You want a respectable lad to find you attractive. One day, you won't be able to resist.
Tia: And you, you want to be a pirate.
Will: I would never
Tia: Yes, in every movie you get darker and darker and you want to start acting on impulse as everyone else has been. One day, YOU won't be able to resist.
Will: It's true! Everyone is so laid back and hedonist and here I am trying to scold them all when I'm really jealous of them! Oh, you understand me! (holds her)
Tia: Now do you want to know me?
Will: Oh hell yeah.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Thanks Scch....this interview by Naomi....I didn't get anything from it that she and Jack are going to be involved...and then she says she can see into people's heart and minds and know their inner most desires...so she does know that Jack wants Elizabeth...and if this is true..then she knows what Elizabeth is really feeling when they are at the HUT in the end......

She also says that in the third film we discover that she is not who she says she is...meaning.....She is Calypso.....and she says she leaves the movie in a dramatic fashion...she and Davy ...maybe Davy stabs her heart and then Will stabs the heart of Davy Jones.

Or.....maybe once Will destroys Davy...Tia is freed from her cursed disguise and she and Will sail off together on the Flying Dutchman.
I think there is chemistry between Tia and Will...but yes, she totally ignored Jack when she saw Will....

EXACTLY!! shes secretly helping each character gain their true elixir's..which is where their hearts truly lie..as I have been saying lol..no one seems to understand meh though sad

she pretends to be helping Jack with the heart but she actually is helping him gain Elizabeth..and when he bumps into his true elixir he takes her on board (first threshold) where as before he was running away from her

She pretends to be helping Will save Liz..but is in fact helping him gain his father..takes Will a while to take step 5 (accepting to save his dad)..and IMO Will was pushing his father to the back of his mind because of Liz..he knows he's alive in movie 1 yet meeting Liz made him give up on that little childhood dream

at the end Liz has her false elixir with her(ordinary world:Will) so instead Tia gives her the choice to basically forget about Jack on the spot..to choose to move on or not, and stick with her "ordinary world" She offers drinks around as if its a wake when she knows she has the means to bring Jack back. They make a pojnt that Liz doesnt drink twice..when ever someone suggests "forget about Jack"..

and THEN tia helps her with her true elixir..and she accepts the first threshold

LovelyOne
Liz chaing Jack up was her running away from Jack.,,she was at step 3 there (refusal of the call)

akanai
well, IMO jack and tia've had relationship together.
unfortunatelly, i think disney will do it like this: liz/will and MAYBE sth like jack/tia. V.V ya know, in tia's place, when there were jack & will, she was talking to will sth like "and do ya want to know me?" and jack interrupted them. maybe jack feels sth to tia... dunno. maybe little bit love to tia, and a lot of curiosity to liz :P

LovelyOne
he's had a relationship with her but Naiomi said her character can see people's true desires..and she actually knows that Liz is Jacks..Will's is his father and Liz's is Jack it seems..she basically said it out loud to Jack that his hearts desire is Elizabeth..and she's helping each character get what they want most in life ..I think she is usung what she knows about their heart's true desires to try and manipulate the future in some way..she appears to be Calypso the Greek sea goddess in human form...and they always manipulate the future by using what they know about people's desires in stories..

PirateDiva
I had finally started to calm down....and now cause of this Naomi interview i going crazy again!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! *pulling my hair out*

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by LovelyOne
he's had a relationship with her but Naiomi said her character can see people's true desires..and she actually knows that Liz is Jacks..Will's is his father and Liz's is Jack it seems..she basically said it out loud to Jack that his hearts desire is Elizabeth..and she's helping each character get what they want most in life ..I think she is usung what she knows about their heart's true desires to try and manipulate the future in some way..she appears to be Calypso the Greek sea goddess in human form...and they always manipulate the future by using what they know about people's desires in stories..

i think that's all true-it all makes sense now-but i still hope they don't choose to be lovers in 3-it might ruin it-if they are lovers in the present-who's to love liz but sick will. blech. i am sooooooo against will/liz. but will/tia, that i'm ok with! lol

CaptinJackLover
im not really ok with will/tia...i htink it would be kind of a odd pairing...it just wouldnt seem naturally for them to be together

ivebeendepped43
yeah, that would b really odd. im definitley 4 the Tia/Davy ship. i think that ship will set sail soon. lol set sail soon. i . and that line never gets old. its so funny about the 2 kinds of "ships" dang im goin offtopic again!

CaptinJackLover
i dont think im even for tia/davy all that much...i dont think davy deserves her. right now i dont want anyoe together...im having an off day where i dont want anyone t be happy lol

ivebeendepped43
well then just crush my hopes and dreams, why doncha?!

CaptinJackLover
sorry...today im crushin my own hopes and dreams...i promise tommorrow ill be back to normal..

lovethemtigers
I know I had a moment of weakness today too...while driving back from the store I was thinking about the movie...as usual...and for some reason I just had that awful thought "there is no way they are going to end it Jack/Liz....they are going to stick with Will/Liz..cuz that's how it started...and that's what Disney wants...your one true love to survive at all costs...even being tempted by the sexiest pirate alive...she loves Will." so with that thought I was all negative again...

CaptinJackLover
yeah i have my moments but im jack/ liz all the way! its just al lot of my friends are for wil/liz so they get me down and thATS WHEN im at my weakest...

lovethemtigers
it's just so hard for me to relate to that...can't understand how people can still be rooting for Will/Liz after seeing POTC 2....oh well...But yeah I'm definitely for Jack/Liz...but just don't think it will happen, although I know all the clues, theories, symbolisms, chemistry, etc..all point to Jack and Liz...

Chiki Mina
wait jack sleep with anything or anyone? lol

but anyways, jacks only person who he wanted to conquest was elizabeth. but instead elizabeth was the one who conquested him, or vexed.

but they both got on eachothers nevers bc each one is alike somewhat. and they both want the forbidden fruit, the fight is WHOS the first person whos gonna break the rules.

liz did but she wanted to use the exuse as a "distraction" bah! bull shit!

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
it's just so hard for me to relate to that...can't understand how people can still be rooting for Will/Liz after seeing POTC 2....oh well...But yeah I'm definitely for Jack/Liz...but just don't think it will happen, although I know all the clues, theories, symbolisms, chemistry, etc..all point to Jack and Liz...

ditto! but they have so much great chemistry its hard not to htink at times that they WILL end uo together...but ur right it just doenst seem possible..but i will always keep my hopes up!

calypso
Didn't T/T say the first rule is "No book ends", the second rule is "No book ends", so if W/E end up together, is that book ends?

When they get to Tia's hut the following conversation happens

Jack: We are nigh inseperable, ?, were
Gibbs: I gotcha your back
Jack: It's my front I'm worried about.

Leads me to believe that Tia may have pursued Jack in the past, but as I have said all along, she is a protector of Jack's and I don't see her wanting Jack all to herself now, or she wouldn't have let him go in the first place.

Her reaction to Will when he enters is telling us that she is not after Jack anymore.

sailorleo
or...this is an or.....she could be playing the 'I was once a teenage girl card' and trying to make jack jealous...

Chiki Mina
could be^

theres so mcuh to be discovered about tia..im actually nervous lol

PIRATES=SEX
!!!!!!!!!!!!DONT WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!

JACK AND TIA
are not
I
repeat are not
sexully involved
not in the 3rd
and not in any.

IF
tia has an
attraction to
jack , jack thinks
she disgusting.

LovelyOne
i think she may have been onvolved with him in the past though

lovethemtigers
yeah, although the actress who plays Tia is 30 years old...but she doesn't look it.....Johnny may not be as opposed to kissing her... cuz she's closer to his age.....anyways, that's beside the point.

Johnny Depp and Keira Knightly have chemistry...despite their age difference...and when POTC was orginally cast...they had no clue how much Johnny and Keira would ignite whenever they appear on the big screen together...so...they start with Will and Liz...and they end with it...then they realize how some of the audience...like myself..expected Jack to get the girl....so once they saw the success of POTC and decided to do a sequel...they must have been like "wow, there is this great chemistry between jack and liz..let's see what happens with this and what the reaction is..." so DMC soars to the third highest grossing movie ever..showing that the audience is quite accepting..and embracing the idea of the pirate and the young lass in a romantic entanglement.....but my only fear..unless they are spending these next few months rewriting and re-editing the film, many scenes to AWE was filmed at the same time they were filming DMC....without the results of DMC...so, maybe it was too late...Oh, I hope not. But then again...we aren't the only fans of POTC Trilogy....those KTTC people that seem to be rooting for a Will/Liz ending also have a voice and I guess they would be devastated with a Jack/Liz ending....so why oh why did Disney introduce this Jack/Liz/will triangle..why involve the charismatic character like Jack...cuz now die-hard Jack fans want him to get the girl..but if they had never shown us that, i would be okay with will/liz...cuz that's how it was...but then...now I'm going crazy for a Jack/Liz ending....they should have just brought Norrington back into the triangle...then I wouldn't be agonizing over this as much...cuz ya know..it's all about Captain Jack Sparrow.....

LovelyOne
I agree with you..I would have been ok with Wil/Liz had they not shown us that Jack wants her in his life..her doing that to Jack..kissing him and leaving him..would make her character hated if she didnt end up with him in some way..although Jack..wasnt hating her for it..

LovelyOne
lovethemtigers..there are actually more J/E fans on that site 218 vs 87 W/E fans

they just stay out of the thunderdome because for some reason its ok to tear the character of Jack appart in there but the ones who love Will are usually REALLY over sensitve people..I also notice that they love Norrington more than Jack too because he's"another safe character"..the J/E fans all hang about in the spyglass J/E shipper threads..

IMO the Will/Norrington fans are the ones who find Jack too risky for their tastes...and there aren't a lot of them I can tell ya that lol..wtf are they watching a movie about pirates for if they dont like the character of ack all that much?

I remember they were really tearing apart Jack and the age difference they said it was horrible ..I said Norrington is a similar age to Jack and that couple were horrible..and I got told off laughing out loud

They call jack an anti her..evil intentions etc..I say that about Will? I get threatened to be kicked off..

WILL is going to turn darker and more selfish because of a woman where as Jack is heading into a different direction because of a woman and I cant wait for them to see will be a selfish ass hole when it comes to Liz and Jack and his father..

akanai
we've got similar way of thinking, lovelyone wink

Mistypirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
lovethemtigers..there are actually more J/E fans on that site 218 vs 87 W/E fans

they just stay out of the thunderdome because for some reason its ok to tear the character of Jack appart in there but the ones who love Will are usually REALLY over sensitve people..I also notice that they love Norrington more than Jack too because he's"another safe character"..the J/E fans all hang about in the spyglass J/E shipper threads..

IMO the Will/Norrington fans are the ones who find Jack too risky for their tastes...and there aren't a lot of them I can tell ya that lol..wtf are they watching a movie about pirates for if they dont like the character of ack all that much?

I remember they were really tearing apart Jack and the age difference they said it was horrible ..I said Norrington is a similar age to Jack and that couple were horrible..and I got told off laughing out loud

They call jack an anti her..evil intentions etc..I say that about Will? I get threatened to be kicked off..

WILL is going to turn darker and more selfish because of a woman where as Jack is heading into a different direction because of a woman and I cant wait for them to see will be a selfish ass hole when it comes to Liz and Jack and his father..

OMG I just can't wait till the third movie comes out, and I pray and hope that Jack/Liz characters end up together or have somekind of understanding at the end, and I really hope that what's the other stupid guy's name? turns out as evil as he can be. I'm going to be the 1st one to go to their stupid, bloody thread and LMFAO at them laughing I have fate that this is going to happend, I trust TnT. I know they are not going to let us down

bat14
@Mistypirate

a little trick:

if you are new, than first post your thread or post without the link. after that go 'edit' and fill in the link.

After a klick on 'Save' you have posted the thread within the link.

Mistypirate
Oh cool, Thank U Bat 14, ill try to do it smile

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/07/12/johnny_depp_is_keeping_his_pirates_grill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.