Banned Books Week!.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prabhodh
This week is the American Library Association's (ALA) Banned Books Week!.

Banned Books Week (BBW) celebrates the freedom to choose or the freedom to express ones opinion even if that opinion might be considered unorthodox or unpopular and stresses the importance of ensuring the availability of those unorthodox or unpopular viewpoints to all who wish to read them. After all, intellectual freedom can exist only where these two essential conditions are met.

This week ALA released a top ten list of the most challenged books of the 21th century.... harry potter is one top of that list.

Council#13
Is it because of wizards and witches? no expression

Arctic
Its because people cant tell the difference between a fictional book and real life. I'm a christian and I love the HP series, its just ppl who are whining about the sorcery in them.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Arctic
Its because people cant tell the difference between a fictional book and real life. I'm a christian and I love the HP series, its just ppl who are whining about the sorcery in them. Another reason why I'm not a fan of religion. no expression

Arctic
lol.

Darth Grathius
not only is it one of the top ten, but the pope's advisors have given speeches about how hp is a way of "seducing young men and women to satan" biggest load of crap i've ever heard.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Darth Grathius
not only is it one of the top ten, but the pope's advisors have given speeches about how hp is a way of "seducing young men and women to satan" biggest load of crap i've ever heard. I'm not worshipping satan. *Hides sacrifices.* stick out tongue Seriously, it's just a book.

Barker
Originally posted by The Phantom
Seriously, it's just a book.

x_hp_fan
Yall mean books! stick out tongue

Another reason why I'm not a fan of religion. no expression

I actually want to become Wiccan erm

tigress
Its totally daft that a childrens book gets banned after all its fiction just like the brothers grimm and omg are some of their stories grusome lol I mean come on if they are gunna ban HP why not ban hansel and gretal some old women boiling children up and 'le gasp ' god forbid ' snow white living in a house on her own with seven men she doesnt know oh dear what is this world coming too wink3

( I have a couple of wiccan friends dear)

Prabhodh

Not everyone who follows the religion is against HP.... just the extremists who don't know the difference between a fictional character and Hitler.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Prabhodh
This week is the American Library Association's (ALA) Banned Books Week!.

Banned Books Week (BBW) celebrates the freedom to choose or the freedom to express ones opinion even if that opinion might be considered unorthodox or unpopular and stresses the importance of ensuring the availability of those unorthodox or unpopular viewpoints to all who wish to read them. After all, intellectual freedom can exist only where these two essential conditions are met.

This week ALA released a top ten list of the most challenged books of the 21th century.... harry potter is one top of that list.

The whole thing with the burning of harry potter books are silly.It is just a book.By reading it you are not going to be come a witch and start doing spells.jm mad

willRules
Originally posted by Arctic
Its because people cant tell the difference between a fictional book and real life. I'm a christian and I love the HP series, its just ppl who are whining about the sorcery in them.

I know what you mean. I am a Christian and I can't see why people react so harshly to something that is fiction sad

Arctic
I know, like I said, Im a christian too, and I love the HP books. People just need to learn how to seperate fiction from real life and leave people like us who like to read the heck alone.

willRules
yes

ADarksideJedi
Warning:Reading harry potter books may cause some kids to become witches and wizards and use evil spells to control there parents!Read with caution!jm

nehaa
i want to become a mexican ......but instead i am a neplease

The Phantom
Originally posted by nehaa
i want to become a mexican ......but instead i am a neplease wtf?

willRules
laughing very random

ADarksideJedi
laughing I want to grow up to be a wizard I mean witch!jm

The Phantom
I want to grow up to be a witch. shifty We are so off topic. Can we please move back on topic.

Nerdanel

i'm catholic..not a strong one thou.. and i love harry potter.. my 4 yr son love it too. But i always wantd to becom wiccan throu choice and not because it like cool

Arctic
eek

fg and sd
when I was 10 I always hoped that on my eleventh birthday Id get a letter from hogwarts. I didnt sad

im catholic but id LOVE to be magic. i reckon that would be so cool

anyway, whats wiccan?

Cybervader
'MOSTE POTENTE POTIONS' book is banned.
For containing information on how to make you more sexually potent in bed.

So is 'MAGICAL ME' by Lockart.
Too much sexual references to the physical body as being "magically ssatisfying".

And 'WHICH BROOMSTICK?'.
For its overt gay message and advocation of penis envy.

sad

Nickey
Originally posted by Darth Grathius
not only is it one of the top ten, but the pope's advisors have given speeches about how hp is a way of "seducing young men and women to satan" biggest load of crap i've ever heard.

I agree with that! Happy Dance

The Phantom
Originally posted by Cybervader
'MOSTE POTENTE POTIONS' book is banned.
For containing information on how to make you more sexually potent in bed.

So is 'MAGICAL ME' by Lockart.
Too much sexual references to the physical body as being "magically ssatisfying".

And 'WHICH BROOMSTICK?'.
For its overt gay message and advocation of penis envy.

sad Nahahahahhahah. Penis envy.

stick out tongue

fg and sd
i dont get that book thing

Cybervader
but do you get penis envy? big grin

Sunlight_shines
Originally posted by nehaa
i want to become a mexican ......but instead i am a neplease
wow.you are a christian idiot.just 'cause of being born in nepal doesn't mean that you are neplease.that's what mom said remember.

fg and sd
i am reading this book called the gospel according to harry potter by a christian person and it says all this stuff that harry potter goes along with the bible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.