New Donner Superman II opening scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xkalybr
I am pumped to see this film!!!!

http://trailers.warnerbros.com/web/synmedia/HomeVideo/HomeVideoNewReleases/trailers/us/windows/300000/sm2_rdcut_comicon_reel1_loissuspects.asx

open that url in windows media player and "save as".

http://www.hauntedprisonmovie.com/

roughrider
hysterical
Alright - Yeah!!

Donner is finally getting his Director's Cut - producers be damned!

((The_Anomaly))
LMAO man, that was an awesome scene, the super speed was VERY well done, I was actually surprised, thats one of the best effects I've seen in the old Donner films, that scene was amazing, and hilarious.

Avalonofthewind
Nice.... hilarious too.

Anomaly is correct. VERY impressive special effects for that era.

redcaped
I'm not a coward Zod

roughrider
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Nice.... hilarious too.

Anomaly is correct. VERY impressive special effects for that era.

Maybe they used some modern FX with this old footage.

queeq
I'm getting weird colors in my mediaplayer... it's all green and red and inverse and stuff. Does anyone know how to fix that?

vintageSW77
genuinely looking forward to this

SupermanV
It is interesting to see how the 2 directors had different takes on how to do this scene. Lester's being the rapids and Donner's a leap out the window...This really should be a worthy addition to my collection!

queeq
Donner rules!

I really wonder what Niagra scenes will be like now though... because obviously that is still in.

OB1-adobe
laughing laughing laughing

Play it until 51 seconds and pause it. That is the stupidest face.

I can't believe they cast that wench as Lois Lane

redcaped
Is it done yet?

Grimm22
GENIUS!

I'm very much looking forward to this. big grin

queeq
Kidder's a fine Lois... Much better than Bosworth.

roughrider
Here's a preview of what we will see, according to IMDB:

Time Warner plans to issue a director's cut of Superman II on Nov. 20 that will feature the work of director Richard Donner, who was fired from the movie and replaced by Richard Lester midway through the movie in 1979. According to today's (Wednesday) London Times, the film will include 15 minutes of previously unseen footage of Marlon Brando as Superman's father, Jor-El. The film also employs footage from Donner's screen tests and numerous alternate sequences. In fact, according to the Times, the film uses less than 20 percent of the footage shot by Lester. A spokeswoman for Warner Home Video told the newspaper that the new film was made possible because producers Alexander and Ilya Salkind, who fired Donner, sold their interest in the film to Time Warner. A critic for Britain's Empire magazine who viewed the new version said that it was plagued with continuity problems arising from the fact that Donner was forced to make do with footage on hand, including the screen-test footage. "It's patchy (Reeve's hairstyle changes from shot to shot), badly lit and stagy, but watching Reeve's performance is electrifying," according to the Empire review.

sithsaber408
hmmm....

Definately worth a look.

jumpmann
Great freakin scene wow!

Kal875
I'm confused, whats going on, are they finishing it? whats going on?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

super pr*xy
they're definitely doing it. the salkind's were stupid to fire donner.

redcaped
They'd better take the Niagara falls out of the film! Besides, kids aren't that stupid.

Kraken
Originally posted by redcaped
They'd better take the Niagara falls out of the film! Besides, kids aren't that stupid.

You'll be Surprised. no expression

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by redcaped
I'm not a coward Zod

Yea, what was up with his voice there. He sounded like he had inhaled helium just seconds prior.

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by xkalybr
I am pumped to see this film!!!!

http://trailers.warnerbros.com/web/synmedia/HomeVideo/HomeVideoNewReleases/trailers/us/windows/300000/sm2_rdcut_comicon_reel1_loissuspects.asx

open that url in windows media player and "save as".

http://www.hauntedprisonmovie.com/

He..He..that is too cool. They should have never cut that out of the original(Well I guess it is a bit graphic - with Louis falling on a watermelon stand and all).

whoshouldbepres
Hey all,

We, at whoshouldbepresident.com, will take seriously any candidate submitted to us. And one of the first candidates that people nominated...was General Zod. We did an interview of him from a couple of his fan sites and we are now in our first primary head to head election poll where Zod is up against Independent Steve Adams.

The voting is open until Thursday, December 14, 2006 est. No registration needed. Read the Zod or Adams interviews as well as nominate someone else for President!

WhoShouldBePresident.com (site and poll)
[email protected] (we want to hear from you!)

brandofan
Please join me ... we must to see the CGI villains rule the world scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.