book 3 of eragon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Grathius
hey i recently heard from a guy at bn that the third book is going to be called tolerance. anyone heard that?

Barker
Neg.

Council#13
Nope. When's it coming out anyway? I don't like Paolani as a writer, but I like the idea of his books

babyccino
Someone told me in th Eragon thread that the third book is going to be called Empire.
It runs with all the three books starting with e.
But I dunno lets just anticipate for it to come out and get really excitede when it does.

Council#13
Anyone think it'll be green?

Azure
possibily green...or maybe purple...but then there's the chance of it being yellow...but I don't think Paolini will want it yellow or purple, because it mite look too happy.....and now I am just debating with my self!

Council#13
leftright

Swirly Girl
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/BlkScorp/motivator4064569.jpg

SilverWave
lol those are funny smile

~Midnight_Miss~
They aren't funny, they're annoying.

mud_blood_princ
on the eragon offical website, they say the book will be green, and might be called empire, or something else starting with the letter e and having 6 letters

bogen
yeah i also herd it was going to be empire, THE MOVIE SUCKS BALLS!

~Forever*Alone~
have you seen it? you can expect that though from a bad book.

Council#13
Originally posted by mud_blood_princ
on the eragon offical website, they say the book will be green, and might be called empire, or something else starting with the letter e and having 6 letters

Empire! That's what I thought when I heard that. dodgy

Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
have you seen it? you can expect that though from a bad book.

woot I'm finding more and more people who agree that Eragon was very poorly written! Actually, Eragon wasn't that bad compared to Eldest. ermm He took a bunch of scrap paper, wrote out whatever came to his mind, and *poof* publish.

Saphira
Just start a 'we hate Eragon' thread then, I'm trying to deal with someone on the OFFICIAL Eragon thread who seems to think the same and it's SO ANNOYING!!!

And that poster isn't funny, it's bl**dy annoying that someone has enough spare time to do something like that.

Council#13
I'm not saying that his books are bad, I'm just saying that he didn't write them that well.

Saphira
Right...

And that's different...how exactly?

Oh, do you mean that the general idea is good, and it's just the way HE writes them that's bad? Or am I just missing the point?

Council#13
Nope, you got them. They're a good idea, he just didn't write them too well.

Saphira
I think he did. I think they're written really well.

Council#13
Well, each to his (or her) own. smile

Saphira
Just incidently, where did you get your username from?

babyccino
Eragon is cool! big grin even if when I started to read it i was like this guy over describes things and the book is sucky. But once you get past the first few chapters its fan-bloody-tastic!

Council#13
Originally posted by Saphira
Just incidently, where did you get your username from?

srug Interesting word, interesting number.

Arctic
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/BlkScorp/motivator4064569.jpg

His sword isnt a five-foot broad sword you moron. Its a three and a half foot longsword. What an idiot. mad

Saphira
yay, well done!

Saphira
Originally posted by Council#13
srug Interesting word, interesting number.
Oh, I just have a book called the Prophecy of the Gems, I thought it might have something to do with that.
Never mind!

cundiff11
here is what i think is going to happen in the thrid book. First, when eragon goes back to the elves, hes going to tell oromis about thorn and murtagh. Then, he will tell him how the last dragon is male. And eragon will have this sudden idea that even though glaedr doesn't want to, he should mate with saphira, not out of love, but to have an advantage over galbatorix, with the surprise of two dragons to double team murtagh. I mean, even after that, who knows how many eggs saphira will lay? IMagine if the riders were elves, they would have a huge advantage over galbatorix.

Julie
the poster is sort of funny...hey at least it provokes more emotion than most of that book

pinkfloydkor
okay

i think that the 3rd book will be called Empire, because the author said that it will folllow suit and be a 6 letter word starting w/ E

he also said that the dragon on the cover will be green

i think that the main part of the 3rd bokwill be stealing the egg from Galbatorix and i think that Arya will be the rider for the last dragon

Saphira
That would be good, having Arya the last rider! I hadn't thought of that.

Saphira
Well, not the last rider, because I'm sure he won't make the dragons die out...

Korosan
Its just a random thought, but wouldn't it be funny if Orik the Dwarf became the next rider? lol nobody would see it coming at all.

curtmister
when is it actually coming out

pinkfloydkor
nope

no date yet

im thinking summer 07 tho

mud_blood_princ
damn, hoping for somthing a little closer, somone call paolini and get him to just throw something together 4 us, what ever rly, Im sure it will work out.

masterkit
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
okay

i think that the 3rd book will be called Empire, because the author said that it will folllow suit and be a 6 letter word starting w/ E

he also said that the dragon on the cover will be green

i think that the main part of the 3rd bokwill be stealing the egg from Galbatorix and i think that Arya will be the rider for the last dragon

He said that it won't nessicarily start with E and be six-letters, but he said that is a good title.

Saphira
It isn't fair! It's been AGES...... everytime I go into town to buy stuff the first shop I head into EVERY TIME is waterstones to se if it's come out yet.

Spidervlad
Eragon was blue because Sapphira was Blue, Eldest was red because the dragon Eragon fought at the end was red. If book 3 would have the final showdown of Eragon and Galbotrix, then the book is going to be black.

Paolini wrote his book fine. Sure, it isn't a complete masterpiece as he writes it, but give him a break, he's really young. It's his idea that makes his work a masterpiece. At such a young age he wrote such a popular book. I'm preety impressed.

masterkit
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Eragon was blue because Sapphira was Blue, Eldest was red because the dragon Eragon fought at the end was red. If book 3 would have the final showdown of Eragon and Galbotrix, then the book is going to be black.

Paolini wrote his book fine. Sure, it isn't a complete masterpiece as he writes it, but give him a break, he's really young. It's his idea that makes his work a masterpiece. At such a young age he wrote such a popular book. I'm preety impressed.

First he's stated it's going to be green. Also, it woudn't be black anyway, there is one more dragon egg...so GREEN!

Also, just because the book is popular doesn't mean it's good, so all in all I'm not that impressed. It was mostly popular because it was published during "The Return of the King" year.

Spidervlad
Lol. Did you know what you just said? If I publish my own book right now that sucks, during the year the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows" would come out, would it become famous? Your statements make no sense. If your not impressed, then you shouldn't come to threads talking about the Inheritance Trilogy. If it's popular, that means alot of people read it. And if alot of people read it, that means people like it.

Use your logic.

Naruto91
I have read Eragon and Eldest and I actually did like them as books. But when you look at the big scheme of things, it might just be kind of coinidental. In the book cover it says, "His (Paloni's) abbiding love of fantasy inspired him," or something like that. Then I think about it and I think he just took the plot line of Star Wars (not literally, but it is apearent), then placed it in a Lord of the Rings world. He kind of even forgot to change his two main character's names... Eragon and Arya.. kinda suspicous.

But all in all, they are good reads and a nice addition to any fantasy collection. And about #3, I hopes he surprises me...

masterkit
Lol. Did you know what you just said? If I publish my own book right now that sucks, during the year the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows" would come out, would it become famous? Your statements make no sense. If your not impressed, then you shouldn't come to threads talking about the Inheritance Trilogy. If it's popular, that means alot of people read it. And if alot of people read it, that means people like it.

Use your logic.

You didn't understand me. Eragon and LOTR were basically the same type of stuff..swords..elves...darves and what not. I said they were popular because The Return of the King came out the same year, making the book big. Because of the LOTR craze it became popular.

Naruto91
I agree, it was popular and that was a reason, similar things have happened all the time...

masterkit
Originally posted by Naruto91
I agree, it was popular and that was a reason, similar things have happened all the time...

w00t *high fives Naruto*

Naruto91
Don't mention it.

Now back on topic. Anyone think the cover may be anything other than Green? Or has it been officially announced?

masterkit
Don't mention it.

Now back on topic. Anyone think the cover may be anything other than Green? Or has it been officially announced?

It's been Officially announced.

Naruto91
Okay, thanks for that.

masterkit
Okay, thanks for that.

No problem. *walks off in a cool loner kind of way into sunset while undeniably catchy music plays* *credits roll*

Naruto91
*Walks in opposite direction, unceremoniously walking into a tree...*

masterkit
*Walks in opposite direction, unceremoniously walking into a tree...*

XD *walks over to Naruto and smashes head in*

jk.

Okay, back on topic.

Spidervlad
O_o I still don't get it.

Probably only 1 person out of every 100 I meet in the street have actually read atleast one of the LoTR books. LoTR became ALOT more famous just because of the kick a$$ movies. Same thing with Harry Potter, after the movie came out, Harry Potter's popularity went insane.

masterkit
O_o I still don't get it.

Probably only 1 person out of every 100 I meet in the street have actually read atleast one of the LoTR books. LoTR became ALOT more famous just because of the kick a$$ movies. Same thing with Harry Potter, after the movie came out, Harry Potter's popularity went insane.

True with Harry Potter, but not with LOTR, they were immensly popular a few years after publication. They were one of the beginners of fantasty. Basically, the highest fantasy there is.

masterkit
I just watched Eragon the movie today. Of course, I had viewed it once in theaters and it was ok. I rated it two 1/2 stars which, on my scale, is half a star above bad. Though this time, I just couldn't stand it. When Eragon yelled, "LET'S FINISH THIS!" I pleaded to god that it would be in the next 30 seconds.

poppop
It last egg will hatch for roran because a a human and he killed urgals and the twins. The dragon will be green.

[Walkah]
Originally posted by poppop
It last egg will hatch for roran because a a human and he killed urgals and the twins. The dragon will be green.

Let me revise this for people.

The last egg will hatch for Roran because he is a human and he killed some urgals and the twins. The dragon will be green.

That is only an assumption and we all know that the dragon will be green.

pinkfloydkor
the planned release is for summer 08, not 07 sorry

and shortly before eldest came out, e said in an interveiw that he was "leaning toward" empire for the title, but did not confirm

(possible book cover)

http://media.shurtugal.com/bookcovers/thumbs/book3.jpg

a-k-a-amber
didnt Paolini confirm it was the green dragon?

mud_blood_princ
Im done with the series, the movie ruined it 4 me.

Rue_Meridian
The 3 book in the trilogy will be green with a green dragon. paolini said so himself. he has not released a title and some ppl are saying that the book will come out at the beginning of the 2008 year

Melcórë

Mr. Bacon
hmm i enjoyed the first two, and am awaiting the third, however it does seem to be just a combination of Star wars, LOTR, Harry Potter and Pit Dragon trilogy by jane yolen. It has some of its own stuff though. and i thought the third was to be called Inheritance?

curtmister
when the hell is the third book coming out

curtmister
its been like 2 years now

Mr. Bacon
well if he was still writing it it could take a while, i suspect it will be long considering everything he has to bring together yes

Son_of_forsworn
i think it will come out soon.may be in august. i have seen somewhere i dont rember where im trying to find it agian. a cover that dosnt have eragons dragon but a diff dragon green cover and title empire.if i find it i will post a link.

pinkfloydkor
summer 08 is when it is scheduled to come out

Linkinpark200
the author had a video on www.alagaesia.com that the 3rd books is coming out on september 23 2008.He said he would start the book with a major charater death.Also he said the third book would be so big he would have to make a fourth.So instead of a trilogy we got the inheritance cycle

Julie
Nope. When's it coming out anyway? I don't like Paolani as a writer, but I like the idea of his books

I don't like the writing either... personally think it's a load of blah... the story line's all right b/c it's straight starwars, LOTR, etc etc

Heard they were bringing out book 4 too... blatant bid for money, which is downright insulting to books in general

wouldn't surprise me if he goes for 5 if he can milk it long enough. He could go on b/c the books are run-ons anyway. You know Eldest might have been decent if it were about 400 pages shorter. Cut out all that middle fluff stuff.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
hmm i enjoyed the first two, and am awaiting the third, however it does seem to be just a combination of Star wars, LOTR, Harry Potter and Pit Dragon trilogy by jane yolen. It has some of its own stuff though.

well, there is no such thing as an original idea eh

Korosan
Why has nobody been talking about it recently from what I seen on the forums? Just got to Alagaesia.com If you wanna know why I ask.

Linkinpark200
The 3rd book is called brisngr it comes out on sept. 20th this year lookin foward to it.

Korosan
Yes, I know, thats why I posted the website link. I figured after they announced it these boards would be going crazy over it >_> guess not

oakling
I wasn't impressed by the first one; it was kind of enjoyable but it also showed the author's age - he's not old enough to distinguish between "cool idea!" and "overdone formerly-cool idea!" Does the series get better as he becomes a more practiced writer?

achangel death
council#13 i am a devoute eragon fan. you sir are an idiot no offense. you wouldnt know a good book if it hit you in the face. whats youre idea of good writing?
as for the name of the book it is empire. its the ideas behind the story that makes a book good.

Jasmine Mahony
It's turning into a four seris. Everyone has a different way of writing, that was his.

SparrabethRose
I'm really looking forward to it! I hope they don't continue to make those horrendous movies, though. They totally destroyed the books.

black_goku#1
ug indeed my heart sank the first few minutes in at the theater. im not gonna lie i am really really really stoked for the release of the third book. i want to know what weird twist had him change the name to brisingir other than it becomeing a cycle and not a trilogu. he said once you read the book you will understand.

Originally posted by oakling
I wasn't impressed by the first one; it was kind of enjoyable but it also showed the author's age - he's not old enough to distinguish between "cool idea!" and "overdone formerly-cool idea!" Does the series get better as he becomes a more practiced writer?

i applaud him for writting the way he does. he is bold and he became sucessful at a young age doing what moost cant and thats too bring back a dieing genre. if its such a dead concept then it funny to me how is making the big bucks on the book. as for his writting style he kinda hit what most authors do after a sucess....he drags out the details to give us a more vivd world...and sometimes it can get a little dry all in all i really really like it

chillmeistergen
Is there a way we could get all you fans of shit books together, then burn wherever it is to the ground?

black_goku#1
ok then...what books do you like?

chillmeistergen
Oh, you know - this and that.

black_goku#1
are you into the fantasy genre?

chillmeistergen
Some, though there's so many shit fantasy books, so I tend to avoid it.

black_goku#1
thats the trouble with the genre.... is a hit and miss type of game for alot of readers if you read one fantasy book you have read them all. tell me are you a fan of harry potter? or...starwars?

chillmeistergen
No.

black_goku#1
hmmm tat blew my idea out of the window though i appluad you for that. what fantasy book did you really enjoy or atleast.....not hate i have a kind of theory

chillmeistergen
There's a few that I've liked, more than a few I haven't.

Please, don't suggest any books to me. Firstly, you read books like Eragon. Secondly, I won't be reading another fantasy book for a good long while.

black_goku#1
no no nothing like that obviously we have very different tastes i can see that. i was trying to compare plot lines of whatever fantasy book you read to that of eragon....

Council#13
Oh lord. The Inheritance Trilogy. The most predictable, unoriginal, and poorly written set of books ever written. The only reason why I'll read the third book is because, like an idiot, I bought the outrageously overpriced books 1 and 2.

Jbill311
Oh lord. The Inheritance Trilogy. The most predictable, unoriginal, and poorly written set of books ever written. The only reason why I'll read the third book is because, like an idiot, I bought the outrageously overpriced books 1 and 2.

Seconded.

also, BUMP

Mr. Bacon
having just finished the third i have to say this one is more well written than the other two, i enjoyed it. i await the fourth.

a-rodfan123
eragon suck ballz PENDRAGON ALL THE WAY ERAGON LOVIN BITCHEZ

shane8874
What a jackass! I have read both book 1 & 2 of Eragon. I thought that they were actually pritty good myself. This Friday I am going to buy the 3 book, which from what I have heard and read in the first few pages should be awsome! What would you guys and girls rate it?

shane8874
I have finaly completed the 3 book and cant wait for the forth!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.