Ever have this happen to you at a movie theater?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Man I cannot believe what happened to me last saturday night when I went to the movies to go see The Wickerman with Nicholas Cage.A Movie I had been wanting to see for a long time.I get there and after only ten minutes of watching what looked like a great movie,the fire alarms go off and everybody is forced to evacuate the theaters.I look around and there is absolutely no smoke or fire whatsoever.When I ask the manager where the fire is,she says it was a SMALL fire that was coming from upstairs and just because of that,they set off the fire alarms and had us evacuate. mad It gets worse.After standing around for about 5 minutes,they then tell us we can go back to the theaters to watch our movie.We get back there and after sitting around for 20 minutes they still have not started the movie yet.I go and ask one of the consession workers why they have not started the movie back up again.I mean the fire is out they tell me.I point out that everybody that evacuated has had plenty of time to get back to their theatre to begin rewatching their movie,so whats the hold up I ask her.She tells me that they are just not starting up right away as a precaution. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Finally I get fed up with this bullcrap and go to the manager and ask for my money back.She gives me my refund but the night is pretty much lost though because like I said,I had been planning to see this movie for a long time.Plus it all looked like such a great movie after watching just the first 10 minutes of it that I was just getting into the flow of the movie because it was just starting to get very interesting. mad I wasnt fortunate like this one guy I talked to outsside who was saying that the evacuation drill was a blessing to him because the movie HE was watching,he said the evacuation drill was more exciting than the movie was he had been watching.If the movie had looked really bad to start off with in like the first 30 minutes or so like it was with that one guy,then it wouldnt have been that big a deal but that wasnt the case. mad After all that,I did the next best thing and went to a video store to rent one of those movies that you been wanting to see for a long time but never got around to doing it.But still it wasnt the same.Never in my entire life has this EVER happened to me at a movie theater,and I have been to the movie theaters hundreds of times over the years.So I will have to put it off AGAIN untill next weekend.Has this ever happened to any of you? I bet it hasnt has it?

Strangelove
When I was working at a movie theatre, the power wnet out one time. But no fire alarm.

Mr Parker
Looks like you have been fortunate enough so far to not go through that kind of bullcrap.

Quincy
Know what would be terrible?

If I gave away the ending...

Mr Parker
Yeah that would be.so I guess nothing like that has happened to you yet I assume?

§P0oONY
Wait a second... They remade The Wicker Man?

Mother ****ing Hollywood... mad

Mr Parker
Yeah thats what I learned recently.That it was a remake.I did not know that.

Lana
Oh suck it up, making sure the fire is out and no one was injured and nothing damaged is a bit more important.

What if the fire was caused by a projector, and that's why they hadn't started it back up right away? Ever think of that?

§P0oONY
More to the point...

HOW THE **** CAN THE AMERICAN'S REMAKE A FILM THAT IS SET ON A SCOTTISH ISLAND, WITH PAGAN BELIEFS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE WHO HAS AN AMERICAN ACCENT?.... mad

lord xyz
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Man I cannot believe what happened to me last saturday night when I went to the movies to go see The Wickerman with Nicholas Cage.A Movie I had been wanting to see for a long time.I get there and after only ten minutes of watching what looked like a great movie,the fire alarms go off and everybody is forced to evacuate the theaters.I look around and there is absolutely no smoke or fire whatsoever.When I ask the manager where the fire is,she says it was a SMALL fire that was coming from upstairs and just because of that,they set off the fire alarms and had us evacuate. mad It gets worse.After standing around for about 5 minutes,they then tell us we can go back to the theaters to watch our movie.We get back there and after sitting around for 20 minutes they still have not started the movie yet.I go and ask one of the consession workers why they have not started the movie back up again.I mean the fire is out they tell me.I point out that everybody that evacuated has had plenty of time to get back to their theatre to begin rewatching their movie,so whats the hold up I ask her.She tells me that they are just not starting up right away as a precaution. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Finally I get fed up with this bullcrap and go to the manager and ask for my money back.She gives me my refund but the night is pretty much lost though because like I said,I had been planning to see this movie for a long time.Plus it all looked like such a great movie after watching just the first 10 minutes of it that I was just getting into the flow of the movie because it was just starting to get very interesting. mad I wasnt fortunate like this one guy I talked to outsside who was saying that the evacuation drill was a blessing to him because the movie HE was watching,he said the evacuation drill was more exciting than the movie was he had been watching.If the movie had looked really bad to start off with in like the first 30 minutes or so like it was with that one guy,then it wouldnt have been that big a deal but that wasnt the case. mad After all that,I did the next best thing and went to a video store to rent one of those movies that you been wanting to see for a long time but never got around to doing it.But still it wasnt the same.Never in my entire life has this EVER happened to me at a movie theater,and I have been to the movie theaters hundreds of times over the years.So I will have to put it off AGAIN untill next weekend.Has this ever happened to any of you? I bet it hasnt has it? Try limiting your posts to 5 sentences or less. Thankyou.

Impediment
The only similar thing like that to happen to me was when I watched Road to Perdition in the theater. About 45 minutes into the film, just when it's starting to get good, the film reel breaks and the movie stops. Well, instead of waiting for the reel to be fixed, I just went and politely asked the manager for a refund. He gave me my money back and a free voucher because he was appreciative that I wasn't a rude a$$hole screaming at him for a refund. I went and watched it again the following night.

Strangelove
Originally posted by lord xyz
Try limiting your posts to 5 sentences or less. Thankyou. I second that motion

Roland
Worst thing to ever happen to me at the theater was this guy in front of me had his cell phone out the whole time and was IMing people.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lana
Oh suck it up, making sure the fire is out and no one was injured and nothing damaged is a bit more important.

What if the fire was caused by a projector, and that's why they hadn't started it back up right away? Ever think of that?

EVERY projector in the movie house? highly unlikely.Nobody was injured,that was obvious.again the fire was UPSTAIRS in the offices.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Roland
Worst thing to ever happen to me at the theater was this guy in front of me had his cell phone out the whole time and was IMing people.

That can be just as maddening. mad

masterkit
no

Lana
EVERY projector in the movie house? highly unlikely.Nobody was injured,that was obvious.again the fire was UPSTAIRS in the offices.

So what? Making sure everything was okay so another fire didn't start is more important.

You got your refund, you've no right to be complaining. Public safety = more important than someone with an overly large sense of entitlement seeing their movie right away.

Kelly_LS

Finally I get fed up with this bullcrap and go to the manager and ask for my money back.She gives me my refund but the night is pretty much lost though because like I said,I had been planning to see this movie for a long time.Plus it all looked like such a great movie after watching just the first 10 minutes of it that I was just getting into the flow of the movie because it was just starting to get very interesting. mad I wasnt fortunate like this one guy I talked to outsside who was saying that the evacuation drill was a blessing to him because the movie HE was watching,he said the evacuation drill was more exciting than the movie was he had been watching.If the movie had looked really bad to start off with in like the first 30 minutes or so like it was with that one guy,then it wouldnt have been that big a deal but that wasnt the case. mad After all that,I did the next best thing and went to a video store to rent one of those movies that you been wanting to see for a long time but never got around to doing it.But still it wasnt the same.Never in my entire life has this EVER happened to me at a movie theater,and I have been to the movie theaters hundreds of times over the years.So I will have to put it off AGAIN untill next weekend.Has this ever happened to any of you? I bet it hasnt has it?
Nope, it's never happened to me but a storm knocked the sound off of Pirates Of The Caribbean 1 one time and I had to go tell the workers.

Mr Parker
yeah thats happened to me before as well maybe a couple of times.If it was a good movie,I went back and saw it again,if it was bad,I didnt bother with it the next time.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
The only similar thing like that to happen to me was when I watched Road to Perdition in the theater. About 45 minutes into the film, just when it's starting to get good, the film reel breaks and the movie stops. Well, instead of waiting for the reel to be fixed, I just went and politely asked the manager for a refund. He gave me my money back and a free voucher because he was appreciative that I wasn't a rude a$$hole screaming at him for a refund. I went and watched it again the following night.

Damn they should have given out free vouchers to us along with the money back. mad Yeah I would have done what you did as well.The manager there was saying-Line up if you wish for a refund.So I did and just left it at that.

Quincy
Wait a minute wait a minute.

You thought Spider-man was the worst comicbook movie ever?

Mr Parker
Dude why are you bringing this up in the off topic section? pm me about that.

Weeping Fairy
Originally posted by Roland

I hate it when ppl do that, or they're talkin to ppl and their sayin all loud "What, what did u say?" "I'm sorry i can't hear you" mad

TheKingofKINGS!

Finally I get fed up with this bullcrap and go to the manager and ask for my money back.She gives me my refund but the night is pretty much lost though because like I said,I had been planning to see this movie for a long time.Plus it all looked like such a great movie after watching just the first 10 minutes of it that I was just getting into the flow of the movie because it was just starting to get very interesting. mad I wasnt fortunate like this one guy I talked to outsside who was saying that the evacuation drill was a blessing to him because the movie HE was watching,he said the evacuation drill was more exciting than the movie was he had been watching.If the movie had looked really bad to start off with in like the first 30 minutes or so like it was with that one guy,then it wouldnt have been that big a deal but that wasnt the case. mad After all that,I did the next best thing and went to a video store to rent one of those movies that you been wanting to see for a long time but never got around to doing it.But still it wasnt the same.Never in my entire life has this EVER happened to me at a movie theater,and I have been to the movie theaters hundreds of times over the years.So I will have to put it off AGAIN untill next weekend.Has this ever happened to any of you? I bet it hasnt has it? hold on there nigga, I ain't reading all that shit.

SelphieT
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
hold on there nigga, I ain't reading all that shit.

its only funny if you post up the pic erm

Mr. Sandman
The film ripped on me twice. Got a refund both times.

Barker
Originally posted by lord xyz
Try limiting your posts to 5 sentences or less. Thankyou.
Yeah. That's a good idea. We should listen to Zyz. I like your sig, by the way. Very .. fluffy. Haha.

One time, I watched a movie. It was funny.

no expression

Bloigen
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10899/col.jpg

herbnone

-Tired Hiker-
I like mine better . . .

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/TiredHiker/whatshisname.jpg

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Bloigen

herbnone

Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
I like mine better . . .

I find it most surprising/disturbing either one of you can read period.shock

Bloigen
I like mine better . . .

Whore. schmoll

-Tired Hiker-
No, but seriously, when I went to see Titanic for the first time, the film broke and they didn't start the movie back up for like a half an hour, and they skipped a whole scene.

Another time, I went to go see King Kong and they played Chronicles Of Narnia instead, so they had to walk everyone like sheep from King Kong to Chronicles, and from Chronicles to King Kong. It was kinda funny, but I was really stoned and I felt like everyone was looking at me. Also, it was sort of the unsaid code that whatever seat you had in the Narnia theatre, you'd sit in the same seat in the King Kong theatre to make it fair, but I went ahead and totally jacked a better seat from some couple so they totally failed.

LethalFemme
No, but seriously, when I went to see Titanic for the first time, the film broke and they didn't start the movie back up for like a half an hour, and they skipped a whole scene.

Another time, I went to go see King Kong and they played Chronicles Of Narnia instead, so they had to walk everyone like sheep from King Kong to Chronicles, and from Chronicles to King Kong. It was kinda funny, but I was really stoned and I felt like everyone was looking at me. Also, it was sort of the unsaid code that whatever seat you had in the Narnia theatre, you'd sit in the same seat in the King Kong theatre to make it fair, but I went ahead and totally jacked a better seat from some couple so they totally failed.

The reel messed up when I went to go see My Super Ex Girlfriend for like and missed like 1-2 minutes.erm

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by LethalFemme
The reel messed up when I went to go see My Super Ex Girlfriend for like and missed like 1-2 minutes.erm

You're a lesbian? confused

LethalFemme
You're a lesbian? confused

No sweetie you're just an idiot.yeshappy

-Tired Hiker-
No sweetie you're just an idiot.yeshappy

Damn, are you on the rag or something? confused Cuz you are being a total bi*tch. confused

LethalFemme
Damn, are you on the rag or something? confused Cuz you are being a total bi*tch. confused

No. What's your excuse?mhm My Super Ex Girlfriend is a movie with Uma Thurman in it.stick out tongue

Bloigen
Is being on the rag slang for getting pregnant by an incontinent dancer?

-Tired Hiker-
No.roll eyes (sarcastic) My Super Ex Girlfriend is a movie with Uma Thurman in it.stick out tongue

I know, I was joking, I just saw it last week. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LethalFemme
Is being on the rag slang for getting pregnant by an incontinent dancer?

Get out of my thread.no expression

I know, I was joking, I just saw it last week. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whore.roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Tired Hiker-
No.roll eyes (sarcastic) My Super Ex Girlfriend is a movie with Uma Thurman in it.stick out tongue Originally posted by LethalFemme
No. What's your excuse?mhm My Super Ex Girlfriend is a movie with Uma Thurman in it.stick out tongue

Too late! big grin

Bloigen

I believe I had a hat! ermmad

-Tired Hiker-

Whore.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Takes one to know one. smile Originally posted by LethalFemme
No. What's your excuse?mhm My Super Ex Girlfriend is a movie with Uma Thurman in it.stick out tongue I'm on the rag. erm

Barker

herbnone

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/Rekrab/loc.jpg

ADarksideJedi

That sucks parker!I would be mad too!Never happen to me before but I had some annoying people who talk really loudly and keep leaving while watching the pirate movie wiht my boyfriend.
That was annoying.jm mad

LethalFemme
I believe I had a hat! ermmad

Lies.mhm

Takes one to know one. smile I'm on the rag. erm

Not when you go around advertising yourself like you do.

Where do you bleed?shock

-Tired Hiker-
Lies.mhm

Not when you go around advertising yourself like you do.

Where do you bleed?shock

When have I ever advertised that I was a whore? Prove it! eek!

Oh, and I bleed from my weener hole, from having so much sex with strangers. erm

LethalFemme
When have I ever advertised that I was a whore? Prove it! eek!

Oh, and I bleed from my weener hole, from having so much sex with strangers. erm

I usually charge 10 to 15 for a blow and 50 for anyhting else. ermm

Once again flaunting the fact you're a hoochie.stick out tongue

-Tired Hiker-
ermm

Once again flaunting the fact you're a hoochie.stick out tongue

Okay, you win. I'm a whore. erm

LethalFemme
Okay, you win. I'm a whore. erm

Now that we've got that out of the way. What can I get for a twenty?shifty

Bloigen
Lies.mhm

Can I have a hat anyway? ermmad

-Tired Hiker-
Now that we've got that out of the way. What can I get for a twenty?shifty

Ass to mouth. smile

LethalFemme
Can I have a hat anyway? ermmad

Nomiffed

Ass to mouth. smile

Who's doing what to who?shock

-Tired Hiker-
Nomiffed

Who's doing what to who?shock

For twenty more bucks, I'll tell you. wink

LethalFemme

*gives twenty more bucks*eek!

RZA
This reminds me of the time me and a friend went to see a movie and after that movie was finished we decided to sneak into another movie. We ended up sneaking into 'Little Nicky'..eh...it was free so we didn't care. Right before the ending the projector went down and some people were really pissed. We really didn't care but we acted like we did just like everyone else. Anyway, we ended up getting free tickets for any movie we wanted.

teh_c3rb3rus

That does suck a considerable amount of ass. erm

PandoraMomo

I mean no offense when I say this, but as a movie theater wench, DEAL.
Be happy the theater cares anough for thier customers that they are sensative to any threat to your safety. Ive had to work through enough fire evacuations and power outages to despise people who cant be patient. Yeah, it sucks that that happened to you, but at least you are ok.

Bocaj
Originally posted by Lana
So what? Making sure everything was okay so another fire didn't start is more important.

You got your refund, you've no right to be complaining. Public safety = more important than someone with an overly large sense of entitlement seeing their movie right away.

To some people....
The wickerman was funnier then scary anyway and a horrid remake. You didn't miss anything parker trust me

undercoverninja

im not much of a caring person i started laughing half way through reading your little story Happy Dance

-Tired Hiker-

*takes money and runs* w00t

LethalFemme
*takes money and runs* w00t

It was from your own wallet.ermm

Council#13
Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah. Don't worry! I read it! smile

So I will have to put it off AGAIN untill next weekend.Has this ever happened to any of you? I bet it hasnt has it?

No, but I can tell you what has happened to me in a theater... ermm

Mišt
You ate some popcorn?ermm

Council#13
No, I drank some soda ermm

Prabhodh

Oh well, shit happens srug

vintageSW77
Going to the cinema nowadays is a pain in the arse as a lot of people do not know how to behave in the cinema
take my local multiplex it has 3 bollywood screens(which means films like Slither,The Notorious Bettie Page dont get a look in in favour of badly scripted n badly directed TOSH)and this aint nuthing to with race but when their SH*T bollywood movies are done some of the asian kids tend to just stroll in to whatever screen they like-usually during the last 20 minuites of whatever im watching-and talk on their mobiles and move from seat to seat before deciding to leave.
Also it seems 75% of cinema viewers have a limited attention span who talk through movies and only shut the F**K up when there is an explosion/something scary happens onscreen.

I had to go to my local arthouse cinema to watch The Notorious Bettie Page and it was a treat..a packed house,total silence and not a chavtastic mobile phone prick in sight.

Mišt
Originally posted by Council#13
No, I drank some soda ermm

That was my second guessermspin

Council#13

Mr Parker
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Going to the cinema nowadays is a pain in the arse as a lot of people do not know how to behave in the cinema
take my local multiplex it has 3 bollywood screens(which means films like Slither,The Notorious Bettie Page dont get a look in in favour of badly scripted n badly directed TOSH)and this aint nuthing to with race but when their SH*T bollywood movies are done some of the asian kids tend to just stroll in to whatever screen they like-usually during the last 20 minuites of whatever im watching-and talk on their mobiles and move from seat to seat before deciding to leave.
Also it seems 75% of cinema viewers have a limited attention span who talk through movies and only shut the F**K up when there is an explosion/something scary happens onscreen.

I had to go to my local arthouse cinema to watch The Notorious Bettie Page and it was a treat..a packed house,total silence and not a chavtastic mobile phone prick in sight.

I know,whatever happened to the good old days when ushers stood there in the theaters and escorted people out of the theaters for talking during the show. mad Our country has really changed for the worse the last couple of decades.

Noble Strong
i will not read an essay that long

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Prabhodh
Oh well, shit happens srug

yeah true,I just never thought shit like that would ever happen to me.I've experienced before where the reel broke down and missed part of the film before but nothing like this.

Mr Parker

Man that would suck as well.wow thats a weird story on king kong and chonicles.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NightWriter
That does suck a considerable amount of ass. erm

yeah you aint kidding.that better not happen today when I go back there today.Its next weekend now so today is the day I will see the movie I wanted to see last weekend.

LiL nAstY GirL
Wow, thats a pretty obnixous first post

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.