A little bit off topic, but in regards of POTC, FUNNY.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistypirate
Hi everyone this post is slightly off topic, Its something very funny that happened to me, and it made me wonder about the dog in both POTC movies

I owned 2 little doggies, one chihuahua and a pekenese (i hope i spelled that right) anyways back on topic.Well my chihuahua likes to eat a lot, she never says no to food, so if you offered her something, she will go without any hesitation and technically grabbed from your hand. Therefore, the pekenese is totally different from her, she is shy around people she doesn't know. She owns a little fluffy toy, the toy for her is her life, where ever she goes the toy will always go with her, she would not drop it for anything or anyone in the world. Anyways i decided to grab a bowl of Eggo's Cinnamon toast crunch cereal (waffle big grin ). I called both of them and offered them cereal, the chihuahua came up and grabbed it right away, but on the other hand my pekenese had her toy in her mouth and she wouldn't drop it. After a minute or so, when she saw the other dog eating the cereal with satisfaction,she decided to drop her toy, and went up to me and grabbed the pieces of cereal. After she finished eating she grabbed the toy and went back satisfied to her bed.

After i gave it some thought, it remind me about the dog in potc movie, that wouldn't give up the keys for anything, but then afterwards he found the courage to let go of his possession to get something that he really wanted and desired (bone) and after the credits we see the dog sitting in the thrown with the bone in his mouth really satisfied.

I thought that what happened to me was hilarious, call me crazy big grin . But i just wanted to share it with all of you.

Jack of Blades
Well were exacly is the funny part?The Story was interesting hehe wish i had a dog.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
Well were exacly is the funny part?The Story was interesting hehe wish i had a dog.

Well the funny part was that i was eating those kellog's Eggos Cinamon minni waffles big grin cereal. And afterwards i was like omg, it was almost what happened in both the movies with the dog. I mean it was stupid, but it remind me of the movie

LovelyOne
LOL I picked this up months ago..I have a thread somewhere called the dog =Jack..the dog actually mirrors what Jack does in both movies to a Tee laughing out loud

the keys are like his old way of life..and the bone was love from one person..he was afraid to take it in movie 1 and he clung onto them and ran away..which explains why he still left port royal despite having Liz on the brain (singing song she taught him on the beach)..but by movie 2?? he took that darn bone/love/liz and its made him a king instead of a coward

Mistypirate
Yes the dog mirrors Jack as well. When the Dog dropped the keys and decided to go for the bone, he accepted that the bone was what he wanted the most. He taught that the keys were something essential for him in order to live, the keys were what he always knew, it equaled protection and safety for him, and was afraid to try something new because he didn't wanted to get hurt. But when he decided to go for the bone, he realize that it was worth it, was worth fighting and dying for. And that's why we see the dog in the end completely satisfied sitting on the thrown with the bone in his mouth. Similar story with Jack, when he was running away in the boat, he soon realised that his feelings for Liz were more important , it was worth figthing and dying for, he admitted it to himself, it made him a stronger and courageous person.
He looked very proud of what she did to him because it proved everything he said about her earlier in the movie, so he was OK with what she did, because it proved him it was worth it. Because it proved her feelings for him as well.
IMO Jack accepted his feelings for her with no problem whatsoever, But in the other hand we will probably see Liz having problems in accepting her true feelings in the 3rd movie, she is going to be afraid. I see that Liz resembles the dog a little bit, for example: the only one that Liz knows is, what's that guys name? she is afraid to try something new, she is going to be afraid to accept it, although her character has changed dramatically in other ways, but she still needs to accept that part of her, in order for her to be happy in life. She knows that Jack is what she wants, but she is not willing to cross that line just yet. That is why she cuffed him to the mast, she thought that by getting rid of him her feelings were going to disappear. But she was wrong. So she better have more courage to admit to herself, what is what she really wants, so i hope that in the 3rd movie she starts acting more like our beloved Dogie. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.