For anyone who has read the leaked script

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistypirate
Almost at the end of the script, What do you think it means when Jack says; I would rather stab the heart or something similar to that? this is the part where he is sword fighting duffus boy and they are having a conversation about life being hard, that sort of thing?

I don't know why but, i have a bad feeling about this line. sad confused

lovethemtigers
Not sure...but I'm not paying attention to that leaked script...because it is a peice of crap..and there is no way the final movie that we see in May will even closely resemble this....so whatever you read - don't pay any attention to it is my advice.

katelovespirate
speaking of the leaked script... big grin... does ANYONE still have it saved? or have a link that works? i am dying to read it but the myspace with it was shut down... is it somewhere else? do you guys have it???

evilm0nki3
i have it!

PirateDiva
Ok evilmonki3 so how can i get a copy from u....i'm dying to read it!! PLLLLLLEEEAAASSEEE help a fellow fanatic out!!

PIRATES=SEX
here you go kiddos hehe http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f69/t421454.html

evilm0nki3
ah well there ya go haha

ivebeendepped43
that was it? really? wow, sad

katelovespirate
how was that sad???? it was AMAZING!!!!! i am flipping out it was SO GOOD!

calypso
I read somewhere in an interview with either Ted or Terry that "yes they have a screen play written". Only problem with this and I am paraphrasing this, is that they have 4, THAT'S 4, and neither Johnny, Gore or Jerry have liked them. So the leaked script is probably wasted paper and something T/T leaked just to get everyone going and stay going for a while.

katelovespirate
oh wow... thats true. but like they said, "the broader strokes are consistent." so scenes are probably totally different, but the idea of Will joining Sao Feng, or Jack in purgatory, or Liz being mistaken for Calypso, those are probably staying in.

i CANT WAIT to see their final one. gosh im so nervous now. wow.

katelovespirate
woah... did you guys know that Ted wrote The Mask of Zorro??~~!!!!

thats a plus for Jack and Liz if I ever heard one...

CaptinJackLover
omg really i didnt know that!

thats a definte plus! and to thinki was beginning to have my doubts...im ashamed i myslef erm

akanai
ya know, i've heard that sb who's working on PotC said that this script is a very early version of original.

kiwibird
Wel sum time ago whn da script was everywhere i read a sumary of the blank pages, it was about jack telling the whelp that whoever stabs davvy's heart becomes captain of the flying dutchman... no sure if my research is 100% reliable though.

LovelyOne
apparently Will tries to make him stab it because who ever stabs it will be the next captain of the flying Dutchman..and he's trying to remove Jack from Liz's life..if he did stab it it would probably hurt Liz a lot ..and if will is the one who makes that happen then she'll be pissed at him and hurt

thing that scares me is who ever stabs that heart will probably be the one who hurts Liz the very most(the story of the heart is overshadowing her)..but Jack stabbing it and leaving her at the persuasion of Will?? it would mean she was hurt by Jack leaving but it was Will's fault lol

and if you look at the Odyssey and Odysseus(who resembles Jack) andCalypso/Tia..its obvious what's gonna happen IMO

reine_mk
don't get it ,what's obvious? explain please.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by reine_mk
don't get it ,what's obvious? explain please.

She offers him to be with her as an immortal...but Odysseus refuses because he wants to return to Penelope (his love) who is in danger...Calypso agrees and helps him to go back to her.

I do have another fear right now though in terms of this Odysseus turning down Calypso thing..and it stems from who Tia TRULY has her eye on..Will or Jack?..if its will it may be bad news for us J/E shippers because there is something similar with him and Odysseus and the Odyssey too..his father who is in danger and is in a bad state as well as penelope(which causes him to turn it down)..But then again Jack's dad is also being brought into it lol he may be in danger too as well as Liz..Oh and Odysseus had a son who he needed to help and get back to..and perhaps Will is supposed to sort of resemble this when it comes to Jack

I often get the vibe that Liz sort of treats Will as if he is her son who she has to take care of all the time..Keira said she sets off because she thinks that Will cant handle himself when looking for Jack lol

OMG thats another call back to the Odyssey..Telemacus(son) actually leaves his mother in Ithaca in search of Odysseus..in order to save her (where as she actually saves herself)...not saying they are really mother and son..but I think her love of Will is more of a maternal way rather than a serious way..the compass pointed to Jack as a man..but it only pointed to a means of saving Will...the differences in the way she kisses both men say it all. With Will its rather awkward looking..but with Jack is pure passion..and its actually her kissing him instead of how she usually kisses will (waits for him)

so I dunno..

katelovespirate
yeah its confusing.

the vibe I got from the script, including Tia's line about Jack owing her a debt, and the whole Sao Feng explanation of Calypso, was that Jack DOES owe Tia a debt... and its EITHER got to be setting her free from her mortal prison (foreshadowed by movie 2, and would make for a slash bang moment in movie 3, and would account for her having a "big part"wink OR stabbing the heart of Jones, thereby gaining the dutchman and becoming immortal himself. Or both.

Would they end things with Jack immortal? Dont think so... thats plain boring.
What is going on with Will and Elizabeth in this script? Its tough to say. I think Jack trading Elizabeth is like people have said, just Jack being Jack.

And even though he loved the fact that she turned pirate, he did DIE because of it. I think that warrents some hard feelings and need for retaliation... especially as Jack has probably come to see the way Elizabeth manipulates/uses the men in her life to get what she wants. That ought to bother him.

I'm concerned that Elizabeth is not shown to be in more torment about things... that she doesnt seem to be second guessing herself as much, yet at least.

I'm also concerned about the bit that Will also has the choice to trade Elizabeth, and doesnt. That speaks in his favor.

However, the part where Jack and Will are fighting, and they reference a line about Jack being "sundered from Elizabeth forever"... that speaks in favor of Jack, and implies (wherever the line actually was) that Jack has strong feelings for Elizabeth, and stabbing the heart/becoming immortal would be his way of escaping those feelings if they arent returned.

LovelyOne
IMO i dont think that is Jack being Jack..doing that to Liz..he's trying to get Will back..and he's forgetting about Liz for a moment..trust me when he realizes she's not returned to "ship wreck cove" he's going to be scared as crap..all he's going to want is Liz back with him again IMO..after his reaction to the Jar of dirt and the heart being missing from wher he once thought it was safe...instead its been kidnapped by norrington and the EITC..ring ding..same thing happens whilst Liz is on Sao Feng's ship

and katelovespirate in the novel for DMC it says "Jack desired elizabeth all the more knowing her heart was as dark as his own" meaning the mans not pissed..and the peas in the pod scene shows us exactly how he feels about Liz when she does stuff like that to him..its the very reason he's infatuated with her in the first place

I also think he was going to stay anyway...thats why he's not saying anything..he didnt put up any fight when he heard the chain rattle..he actually waited for her to clasp it shut

katelovespirate
woah that line was HOTT--- heart as dark as his own.

thats freaking gorgeous. love it.

So perhaps Jack and Elizabeth have some sort of understanding.
Cause Elizabeth really doesnt seem too afraid of Sao Feng, and proves quite easily she can avoid his advances. Does Elizabeth trust Jack at this point? Does she understand his plan?

i think it would be funnier if she slapped him, rather than spit on him. lol.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah its confusing.

However, the part where Jack and Will are fighting, and they reference a line about Jack being "sundered from Elizabeth forever"... that speaks in favor of Jack, and implies (wherever the line actually was) that Jack has strong feelings for Elizabeth, and stabbing the heart/becoming immortal would be his way of escaping those feelings if they arent returned.

that worries me a bit because what if they aren't? Its very Davy/Jackish??

oh ****...i think I see the bitersweet ending now..

he loses Liz but end up with Tia?

but who the heck is gonna want to see Jack have his heart basically torn out by Liz and so he does something like that?..as in turn into an immortal.

lovethemtigers
yeah its confusing.

the vibe I got from the script, including Tia's line about Jack owing her a debt, and the whole Sao Feng explanation of Calypso, was that Jack DOES owe Tia a debt... and its EITHER got to be setting her free from her mortal prison (foreshadowed by movie 2, and would make for a slash bang moment in movie 3, and would account for her having a "big part"wink OR stabbing the heart of Jones, thereby gaining the dutchman and becoming immortal himself. Or both.

Would they end things with Jack immortal? Dont think so... thats plain boring.
What is going on with Will and Elizabeth in this script? Its tough to say. I think Jack trading Elizabeth is like people have said, just Jack being Jack.

And even though he loved the fact that she turned pirate, he did DIE because of it. I think that warrents some hard feelings and need for retaliation... especially as Jack has probably come to see the way Elizabeth manipulates/uses the men in her life to get what she wants. That ought to bother him.

I'm concerned that Elizabeth is not shown to be in more torment about things... that she doesnt seem to be second guessing herself as much, yet at least.

I'm also concerned about the bit that Will also has the choice to trade Elizabeth, and doesnt. That speaks in his favor.

Don't get too involved in this leaked Script, Kate...it's not the real deal...what we see in May is not even going to closely resemble this...cuz if you really read it...this script is horrible. ...the language, the actions...nothing really matches....Liz doesn't appear to be in torment, Jack is like "how generous of you" to Liz...I think this script was written based on an even earlier version of a DMC script...which was also revamped. Remember originally, Liz was going to hold Jack by sword and force him to the mast...so maybe this script was written based on that...which to me that whole mood of the script correlates with that then the kiss....except for will's cryptic lines...about Jack and Liz.

And in this leaked script...Soa Fang (?) has just a few scenes..so when is Jack and Liz suppose to appear in their Chinese Garb....I just don't think this script is even close to the final draft.....it has Norrington being killed by Bootstap Bill...that's a really weird scene, if you ask me. I hate this script. Like I said, if this was the real final script, than AWE would be a bust, belly-up at the box office. It's very poorly written and it doesn't flow...the only good part is the tipping of the boat. IMO.

LovelyOne
but then..WHY would there be this hint so early on in the movie that JACK might do it??..IMO thats just jack drawing attention to the whole davy Jones thing again where a man can love a woman and not be loved in return and so they do something silly like that..IMO it's probably Will who's going to do it..

kiwibird
I agree with lovethemtigers, I read somewhere their not even gona trade will as a prisoner. If the movie is anything like this script then disney would be committing suicide, that part when they rescue jack imo is truely horrible and I cant see how they would be able to fit jacks father into it.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Don't get too involved in this leaked Script, Kate...it's not the real deal...what we see in May is not even going to closely resemble this...cuz if you really read it...this script is horrible. ...the language, the actions...nothing really matches....Liz doesn't appear to be in torment, Jack is like "how generous of you" to Liz...I think this script was written based on an even earlier version of a DMC script...which was also revamped. Remember originally, Liz was going to hold Jack by sword and force him to the mast...so maybe this script was written based on that...which to me that whole mood of the script correlates with that then the kiss....except for will's cryptic lines...about Jack and Liz.

And in this leaked script...Soa Fang (?) has just a few scenes..so when is Jack and Liz suppose to appear in their Chinese Garb....I just don't think this script is even close to the final draft.....it has Norrington being killed by Bootstap Bill...that's a really weird scene, if you ask me. I hate this script. Like I said, if this was the real final script, than AWE would be a bust, belly-up at the box office. It's very poorly written and it doesn't flow...the only good part is the tipping of the boat. IMO.

Is that true about the sword?? I originally thought about that...cuz it links back to the persuade me scene...had they left that in...and she almost kissed him before she left? How obvious would that be lol

It says some of the broader strokes for example sao feng and liz being placed on the ship etc. will probably happen..but IMO the themes/character emotions in that script are SO different to what happened at the end of DMC..when I read it the first time after i saw the movie I was like ...WHAT? makes no sense..

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by kiwibird
I agree with lovethemtigers, I read somewhere their not even gona trade will as a prisoner. If the movie goes is anything like this script then disney would be committing suicide, that part when they rescue jack imo is truely horrible and I cant see how they would be able to fit jacks father into it.

EXACTLY...I'm glad someone else agrees with me..cuz reading some of these posts...some of ya'll are acting like this is what's going to happen..and I think the script is HORRIBLE....and you are right...this script is a suicide mission for the POTC trilogy....what a horrible way for this great trilogy to end...with this poorly written script...so...it's not real girls....

katelovespirate
oh gee LOL no guys dont panic, i am not taking this script THAT seriously! hahaha. i just read it and really enjoyed it, and even if it is COMPLETELY thrown out by now, it DOES give us some hints as to where they may be taking the story. what the writers are thinking they want to do with it. that sort of thing.

i completely understand (as i posted on the other thread) the concept of this being an early draft (and one of FOUR!). However, i still think its okay to look at it and see what we can glean from it.

i dont think the script is that horrible, either... i mean, the details are crap and its totally incomplete, but some of it was great! smile

LovelyOne
I'm not saying the dialogue is real but they have said that some of the broader strokes are..

the early draft script for PotC1 was still pretty close in terms of certain events..and even dialogue..thats what worries me sad

but if the DMC one is one of 4 then Its a little bit of a relief.

lovethemtigers
oh well....as much as I love Jack and Liz...if Disney wants to go in this direction, so be it, I guess. Not much we can do about it. I've just about reached the point where I can't worry anymore if Disney is going to put Jack and Liz together or not....if they want it to be Will/Lis then that's what it will be....if they want Jack to resemble Davy Jones and cut his heart out...then that's what will happen....maybe Liz doesn't end up with either Jack or Will...maybe she's had it with men....

WE know Jack is vexed....we know he use to be really focused on that horizon (Like Davy) until...he was vexed....and what does Tia say...what vexes men most...and Jack responds...a Woman...and Tia says "Yes, a woman...he fell in love..."....see to me...I've said this over a month ago and got shot down...but it seems to me Jack is actually mirroring Davy Jones....he is vexed..by a woman..he fell in love..and she is wild and untameable as the sea...and she doesn't love him in return..so he carve him heart out...Jack is sundered by Elizabeth?? I don't know... I'm being very negative again today. Perhaps DMC was just a bump in the road afterall....throw all those clues and theories out the windows...the clue is JACK IS VEXED and so was DAVY JONES. AHHHHH....now that would be an interesting twist and a bittersweet ending....but perhaps that's one of the scripts that Johnny doesn't like...speaking randomly girls, sorry....just typing as my mind is racing

calypso
I agree with the fact that he came back to stay on the his beloved Pearl, but look how he takes charge of everything after the Kraken withdraws.
In order to get everyone off the Pearl he had to act like it didn't mean anything to him anymore "It's only a ship, mate". I think he came back to save everybody not just Lizzy. Her guilt is because she has realized that because he did not fight her, he planned to stay all along and she thinks she has killed him. If I had done to him what she did, I sure would be afraid for Tia to resurrect that ship and Jack. She can't tell Will what she did, because she doesn't want him to see her in her low down dirty pirate role. She wants him to still have the storybook ideas about her, because up to the point where she shackles Jack, W/E
have only entered into piracy to help save each other with the help of Jack in his own way. Now she has killed the one person who has ever stepped up to help W/E because now Norrington she thinks has been neutralized.

calypso
Does anyone remember from COTBP a scene where Barbossa tells Jack something like "She will break your heart". I know it wasn't on the 2-disc, but was it a deleted scene from the script

I posted a new thread last night with pix & news. Go have a look

katelovespirate
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
oh well....as much as I love Jack and Liz...if Disney wants to go in this direction, so be it, I guess. Not much we can do about it. I've just about reached the point where I can't worry anymore if Disney is going to put Jack and Liz together or not....if they want it to be Will/Lis then that's what it will be....if they want Jack to resemble Davy Jones and cut his heart out...then that's what will happen....maybe Liz doesn't end up with either Jack or Will...maybe she's had it with men....

WE know Jack is vexed....we know he use to be really focused on that horizon (Like Davy) until...he was vexed....and what does Tia say...what vexes men most...and Jack responds...a Woman...and Tia says "Yes, a woman...he fell in love..."....see to me...I've said this over a month ago and got shot down...but it seems to me Jack is actually mirroring Davy Jones....he is vexed..by a woman..he fell in love..and she is wild and untameable as the sea...and she doesn't love him in return..so he carve him heart out...Jack is sundered by Elizabeth?? I don't know... I'm being very negative again today. Perhaps DMC was just a bump in the road afterall....throw all those clues and theories out the windows...the clue is JACK IS VEXED and so was DAVY JONES. AHHHHH....now that would be an interesting twist and a bittersweet ending....but perhaps that's one of the scripts that Johnny doesn't like...speaking randomly girls, sorry....just typing as my mind is racing

yeah i think this is a definate possibility... not that Jack would cut his heart out, but that he might come close. Liz would save him though... right?

I just CANT imagine they would make it so clear that Jack really loves/wants Elizabeth, and then give HIM a sad ending. thats bogus. every time i read spoilers or whatever that Jack is serious about his feelings for Elizabeth, I get hopeful, because everyone would rather see Jack happy than Will.

But then, Elizabeth's actions dont seem to match up with all that.

And so far, we've heard nothing that might cause us to think Will would no longer be worthy of her. He's done nothing bad TO HER specifically.

i dont know. I am not feeling negative about it... we just still have so little information.

tee_pirategirl
but you guys...I heard from ALOT of people that the blank page sums up to:who ever stabs the heart becomes the captain of the flying dutchman. sooooooooo when jack says he'll stab the heart it's to get far faaaaaaaaar away from liz..forever.(good thing cause that means he really loves her) but he would also be SORTA SORTA happy if he got to see "whatever there is to see twice" not completely cause he'd loose his heart(liz AND his own) but he's also one to make those kind of sacrifices if he's really in love(bad thing what if he actually does it?)

katelovespirate
during the blank page, Jack also makes a comment that if he did it, it would sunder him from Elizabeth forever---- and the connotation of THAT is that Jack loves Elizabeth and WANTS to be with her. which is a great thing, IMO.

Does Will know now that whoever stabs the heart becomes the next captain of the FD? cause maybe he will stab it, and realize AFTER he stabs it that he has just sealed his fate.

tee_pirategirl
that wouldn't happen either ways cause : A)jack would stop him like last time on the beach B) I heard(I'm not sure it might be a lie but I heard it on keeptothecode.com don't remember where though) that in the blank page jack tells will that who ever stabs the heart will become the captain of the FD and that , that way he can keep away from lizzie and THEN he tells will he'll stab the heart which leaves will in toatll shock but you're soooooooooo right it DOES mean he loves liz... it would be totaly great if will realized what a big sacrifice jack was making and at the last moment chose to stab the heart himself...know that not gonna happen but a girl can dream cause that way we have liz/jack eneding AND will bows out only for all to remember him as heroic

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
that wouldn't happen either ways cause : A)jack would stop him like last time on the beach B) I heard(I'm not sure it might be a lie but I heard it on keeptothecode.com don't remember where though) that in the blank page jack tells will that who ever stabs the heart will become the captain of the FD and that , that way he can keep away from lizzie and THEN he tells will he'll stab the heart which leaves will in toatll shock but you're soooooooooo right it DOES mean he loves liz... it would be totaly great if will realized what a big sacrifice jack was making and at the last moment chose to stab the heart himself...know that not gonna happen but a girl can dream cause that way we have liz/jack eneding AND will bows out only for all to remember him as heroic

Yes...and then Will could be his father...but that would be a very interesting twist...I Will realizes the sacrifice Jack is willing to make and does it instead of Jack...but it would suck if after Will does that we find out Liz really did love Will all along and wants nothing to do with jack. Yikes...but what does it mean "for if Davy Jones is dead, who is to call his terrible beastie off the hunt, eh?"...do you think they have Davy get rid of the Kracken and then kill Jones....and maybe that's the big ending...which one does the stabing and becomes the new Captain of the Flying Dutchman....and how will Liz feel about it???

katelovespirate
i think its likely ONE of our two leading men will end up becoming the new captian... right? Unless they make Beckett do it or something. LOL.

According to the probably mostly wrong leaked script, Jack owes Tia a debt. I already waxed eloquent on what i thought that was. lol.

whoever becomes the new captian probably wont get the girl... right? unless she chooses to hang out on the dutchman for 10 years at a time? lol.

maybe the two dads will step in and prevent their sons from doing it.

maybe they WILL pull an indiana jones and let Jack go immortal. (noo!)

DOES Liz like Jack?!?!! once and for all, i need an answer!!!! i am so confused. it seems like she does, and she OUGHT to, but its all confusing. is she just STILL in major denial, or what?!?! what the heck!?!?!?!

evilm0nki3
Bootstrap should be the new captain of the Flying Dutchman..

D_Shiznitdog
woah... did you guys know that Ted wrote The Mask of Zorro??~~!!!!

thats a plus for Jack and Liz if I ever heard one...

Ted and Terry also wrote Shrek and Alladin I found out. I didn't know of them until Pirates of the Caribbean, but they've been writing the best movies ever for a long time.

tee_pirategirl
yeah I really like ALL their movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.