Worship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
What exactly does it mean ?

Soleran
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
What exactly does it mean ?

What an obtuse question on an abstract subject.

Did that make me sound psuedo intelligent I was really aiming high!

Worship in regards to religion to philosophy to some freakin mud doll?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Soleran
What an obtuse question on an abstract subject.

Did that make me sound psuedo intelligent I was really aiming high!

Worship in regards to religion to philosophy to some freakin mud doll?

Well....this IS the Religion form....

Alliance
www.dictionary.com

Soleran
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Well....this IS the Religion form....

Worship in general is an icky thing in general to me, placing on a pedistal is looking up to things, things we probably shouldn't look up to.

debbiejo
Worship can mean many things to many people........

Soleran
Originally posted by debbiejo
Worship can mean many things to many people........

I think he wanted your meaning though!

debbiejo
ummmmm....thankfulness of all things.......Looking at life like a gift....

Darth Kreiger
Bowing before Pagan Gods at a Pedestal of some sort(they did create it, therefore Christianity is Pagan, since they follow so many Pagan traditions)

docb77
The spanish word is adorar. Same root as adore. I think worship should be reverencing, and respecting, and eventually loving the object of said worship (hopefully that object is the true God)

Storm
Paying great homage and respect to some being or object which is held to be of the highest possible worth. Worship can take many different forms.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Storm
Paying great homage and respect to some being or object which is held to be of the highest possible worth. Worship can take many different forms.

Right, but technically then Catholics worship the Virgin Mary, or actually worship Jesus Christ himself, and would that not be blasphemy since they are supposedly meant to worship God and only God ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.