Tao te Ching

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
What is it??? eek!

Soleran
A philosophy but so is religion really!

docb77
A really good book. The "way" so to speak.

Alliance
laughing This is a Urizen thread stick out tongue

debbiejo
more info please. reading

Alliance
www.google.com

Soleran
The Tao that is spoken isn't the real Tao!

One cannot teach you the Tao you need to read it.

debbiejo
Well Zen is kinda cool

Soleran
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well Zen is kinda cool

Zen? I said Tao, Tao woman! No seriously, you would enjoy it.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Soleran
Zen? I said Tao, Tao woman! No seriously, you would enjoy it. How many ways?

Soleran
Read and talk to me then, it really talks about not doing!

Seriously so peculiar.

Regret
How many ways?

Tao, the concept of doing without doing.

Regret
I keep the Tao te Ching with my Bible and other scripture, it is one of the best books.

Soleran
Originally posted by Regret
I keep the Tao te Ching with my Bible and other scripture, it is one of the best books.

It is , at least in my opinion. Only when you let go does it embrace you.

Ugh that was so esoteric.

debbiejo
IT?

Regret
IT? The way. Tao is the way, the spirit, whatever you would call it. For a Christian it would be the Spirit or perhaps the Gospel.

debbiejo
oops Is that what we call IT now??..........You let go and then IT embraces you..........I love IT too....

how did that oops get in there.

OH, though I see, it would be like I would call the souce or entity of the all....sorta.

Regret
Is that what we call IT now??..........You let go and then IT embraces you..........I love IT too.... Sorry about that, wasn't understanding your question initially wink

Soleran
Is that what we call IT now??..........You let go and then IT embraces you..........I love IT too....

how did that oops get in there.

OH, though I see, it would be like I would call the souce or entity of the all....sorta.

Yeah I really want to make it all complicted and stuff but I cannot, its very simple.

debbiejo
Living in the present and accepting your path?

Imperial_Samura

Funnily enough I am the same (well, it isn't kep with the Bible), fascinating texts. The Tao te Ching, the I Ching and the like, some of the best the fruits of history.

debbiejo
Hey Tao Te Ching links just appeared at the bottom of the page......lol

http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/ecourses/ecourses.php?id=18

Regret
Living in the present and accepting your path?

Contentment. Not striving to do it making the goal attainable.

For me, getting to heaven should not be the goal, striving for heaven you won't get there. Loving and serving others at the expense of ones own desires should be the goal, and by not striving for heaven one will attain it.

debbiejo
It is important in the spiritual life to keep an open mind, open to ideas, experiences, people, the world, and the Sacred. Openness is an ability to go with the flow, as Taoism puts it, without expecting predetermined outcomes. It means being receptive to new possibilities, without prejudging them. It is an ability to make yourself available to out-of-the-ordinary opportunities. Indeed, openness to the unknown, the exotic, and the bizarre is usually seen as the mark of a free spirit.

cool!

Soleran
It is important in the spiritual life to keep an open mind, open to ideas, experiences, people, the world, and the Sacred. Openness is an ability to go with the flow, as Taoism puts it, without expecting predetermined outcomes. It means being receptive to new possibilities, without prejudging them. It is an ability to make yourself available to out-of-the-ordinary opportunities. Indeed, openness to the unknown, the exotic, and the bizarre is usually seen as the mark of a free spirit.

cool!

Now you just really need to actually believe that, which you don't, dork:P

debbiejo
Yes I do............weirdo..........It means accepting your path in life.

I just downloaded a free limited offer from the bottom of the page.......whoooooooo they're gonna send it to me.....

Regret
Yes I do............weirdo..........It means accepting your path in life.

I just downloaded a free limited offer from the bottom of the page.......whoooooooo they're gonna send it to me.....
IMO, the best translation of the Tao te Ching is Gia-Fu Feng and Jane English's translation. Look for one by them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.