Spotted something about the beginning and the end

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
To start with Elizabeth looks as if she is basically mourning the death of someone..as if everything around her the wedding..the dress Is all a sham..and she's really mourning because something/someone is dead and missing from her life. We then find out the wedding gets halted because of a certain Mr Sparrow..Beckett then says "wedding stopped or fate intervenes?" and he then says "you seem to be going through a lot of trouble to ensure Jack's safety" which she snaps back at in denial! BUT she suddenly comes alive..and goes in pursuit of a certain Mr Sparrow..and feelings for him develop..which appears to make the wedding look less and less likely in the future (dress sinking etc)

Later on?

She's mourning again and its because Jack is missing from her life. ..she had the choice to remain with Will and move on in life (drinks handed out as if it was a wake) and she didn't drink..instead she decides to find a certain Mr Sparrow again. Meaning the wedding with Will is never going to happen because she is now has accepted her feelings for Jack Sparrow? She realizes that what she has with Will isnt satisfying..only Jack can fill that void.

Mistypirate
Excelent post I love it. Everything you write makes perfect sense. TnT should hire you, you are really good. I can't wait for the 3rd movie to come out and that Jack/Liz stay together @ the end. And, then go to the kttc forum and lmao @ those Liz/ confused shippers. big grin

tia dalma
It makes total sense. Everything she goes to do it ends up involving Jack or revolving round Jack. No matter what she does or tries to do, he will always be a part of her life.

katelovespirate
i'm spreading the joy of Terry Rossio's chess set idea.

he wanted a big POTC chess set in which Liz and Jack were the king and queen.

LOL.

LovelyOne
lmao really?? Whats will? a pawn?

and thanks guys for the compliments

sailorleo
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i'm spreading the joy of Terry Rossio's chess set idea.

he wanted a big POTC chess set in which Liz and Jack were the king and queen.

LOL. they should have POTC risk...that'd be fun...ish...

willofthewisp
"lmao really?? Whats will? a pawn?"

LOL! That is the quote of the day, LovelyOne. Here is what I would do:
King: Jack
Queen: Liz
Bishop: Gibbs
Knight: Will
Rook: Norrington
Pawn: Pintel and Ragetti joined at the hip

Side of evil
King: Davy Jones
Queen: Tia
Bishop: Barbossa
Knight: Beckett
Rook: Jack the monkey
Pawn: the cannibals

Hmm, the mourning thing is interesting. You could even say she looks like she's mourning at the beginning of the first one: she's singing very softly and slowly in the fog. You could say symbolically she's mourning the life she's about to throw away. Being a pirate means never being with her father, never marrying Will (whom she thinks she loves at this point), and never having stability. By the end, she's mourning her illusion about the pirate life. She thought it was the end all be all, when in fact, it has it's sucky moments too, like it makes Jack actually susceptible to death. She's mourning throughout the movies because she's always leaving a stage of her life behind.

katelovespirate
Yeah thats sooooo true!!!!! big grin she keeps having to mature and step forward into another stage. its beautiful. thats such good thinking guys.

BTW, Will was put down as a bishop.... lol.

LovelyOne
the royal butt monkey

katelovespirate
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was the best thing ever. OH GEEEEE LOL

LovelyOne
LOL^^ Its true though..he can only move in diagonal lines the pasny..he's bent not straight. Elizabeth can boldly move where ever she wants.Jack can move where he wants but takes it very slowly step by step lol

------------------------------

Just something to Back up this whole Idea of Liz mourning someone who's missing and dead from her life at the start and that the wedding is just a sham..what she really wants is the person who is missing and dead from her life..

guess who we first meet in a coffin after this "funeral looking" scene?

JACK is missing from her life big grin..that is the question raised in the ordinary world. Liz isn't happy there because Jack(the special world) is missing from it...although that doesnt mean she's comfortable when she gets placed into the special world.

then at the end? She's mourning because Jack is dead and missing from her life..she decided to go after him willingly. She accepts her feelings for him, crosses the first threshold.

IMO the wedding is never going to happen because Jack is what she wants most in life.

LovelyOne
CLEAR AS DAY:
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6294/potc231tc8.jpg

then we first meet Jack in a coffin?? Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..
laughing out loud

hazel1
stupid women sitting in the shitty mud....

LovelyOne
lmao!

It totally looks as if she is mourning the death of someone..as if they are missing from her life and all she wants is that person..then we see Jack in a coffin

I wonder if this was one of T&T's silly hints that mean nothing ..darn you T&T!

willofthewisp
I would have liked to have seen at couple of minutes earlier than where the movie starts. Imagine Beckett coming in with his guards and turning over chairs and harrassing people and they all get up and leave, then Liz comes out and sees her gorgeous outdoor wedding all ruined and having no clue where Will is. It's enough to sit in the mud.
I think she's not mourning Jack being out of her life because she has no real feelings for him yet. I think she's mourning the fact that she will have to say goodbye to her childhood and her dreams. She will never be a pirate of have any adventures if she marries Will. But she's also mourning the good things from that life, like the ease of it, time with her father, etc. It's just a quiet moment for her to reflect on what she really wants and then it's so rudely interrupted by Beckett.

In Will's defense, I think him saying "You look beautiful" at that moment was what she needed. The day's been ruined, she's soaking wet and covered in mud, they've been arrested. It just seems to calm her and it's a sweet thing to say. He doesn't have to say "we'll find a way out of it," or "can you believe this," because he knows they'll be together no matter what. This proves to be a little untrue later on, but it shows Will is still a good guy.

LovelyOne
willofthewisp at the start the hero is suppsed to be in the ordinary world but a question is raised and they are usually not happy/feeling complete there and the reason is supposed to be shown and it is IMO..and the thing that is missing is the thing they decide to embrace after meeting the mentor

I mean come on she looks as if she is kneeling at a grave as if something is missing in her life and then Jack is in a coffin? lol then she decides to persue Jack but is reluctant to accept her feelings for example. What bekett said to her its supposed to hint that Jack means something to her even way back here in the story..and when she's sitting in one of those typical situations where Jack saves her..the dog is missing..Jack's not there to save her like usual

and its exactly what happens later on only this time she embraces what's missing

thats the thing about symbolism. It can hint the future, past and present..and IMO its hinting the present and future.

LovelyOne
the only reason she develops feelings for Jack is because they must have been there from the start of this story..Its like Neo was always meant to be the one and its like he knew something was missing in life but he needed the extra help to embrace it and IMO its the same kinda thing for Liz.

willofthewisp
I didn't mean to create the impression I didn't agree with you on the whole grave analogy. I think you're spot on as usual. I just don't think that Liz falls for Jack or has any thoughts of leaving Will for him in the first movie. They've established a great friendship and respect for one another and there is a physical attraction, but I don't think it's enough for her to consciously realize she wants him.
In the second movie, when a wedding day approaches, many people examine their lives and see if it is going down the path they want it to and Liz is no different. I think she does realize something is missing from her life but she can't really explain what it is. The closest she knows is that she needs adventure. She doesn't want to be a full pirate (yet) because she wants to retain her morals. So I think she just wants adventure.
Then she crosses paths with Jack again.
She knew she would see him if she wanted to find Will and THAT is when I think she starts having feelings for him. He is the example that one can have adventures and be a good person, and she starts to fall for that good person inside him. But she accepts her feelings for him are growing and he won her heart when he came back during the Kraken attack.
Thing is, we know what happens and she gets a little afraid and leaves him to die.

So all I'm saying is that there can't be too much smoke in the first one to get the fire we see in the second one, but I'm not denying there is no smoke at all. Respect, friendship, mutual beliefs, and physical attraction are amazing seeds. But I don't think there's any "wow, I like Jack Sparrow in a big way" thing going on in #1.

LovelyOne
now I know what happens at the end of AWE...I think i'm wrong too

willofthewisp
Hey, hey, hey...stop looking for spoilers! Do you really want to know? Don't tell me anything, because I'm happy in my blissful ignorance and I always have our fanfiction to return to for the way I think things should be.
Don't despair if you turn out to be wrong, LovelyOne. You made a great case and we'd all love to see your version of the movie. Either way, we're getting another Jack Sparrow adventure.

LovelyOne
Ok im going to say it the start and end of this movie are a dreaded book end...they do match up..

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Hey, hey, hey...stop looking for spoilers! Do you really want to know? Don't tell me anything, because I'm happy in my blissful ignorance and I always have our fanfiction to return to for the way I think things should be.
Don't despair if you turn out to be wrong, LovelyOne. You made a great case and we'd all love to see your version of the movie. Either way, we're getting another Jack Sparrow adventure.

voice of reason. cheers.

i loved our fanfic. i hadnt read the leaked pages when we were writing it, but a lot of it actually matched up (though our ending was wayyyy better than anything they will come up with)

hooray for more Captain Jack! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.