The Justice League of Atlantis vs. The Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
ROSTERS DIFFER FROM PICTURES -- READ ACTUAL TEXT

Justice League of Atlantis
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3232/400pxjusticeleagues3of600fcor0.jpg

Arion
Aquaman (Waterhand)
Mera
Power Girl
Tempest
Devilfish

The Defenders
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5396/marvelfeature11971mx7.jpg

Dr. Strange
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Valkryie
Ms. Marvel (she was a member at some point...)
Stingray
Hulk

Fight takes place on a beach (like the NA/Thunderbolts fight). No prep. Characters are fighting in character.

And i can already hear (read) the responses saying "Strange wins." even though the JLA have their own sorceror supreme in Arion, but to make sure the thread isn't just about Strange...

1. Full specified rosters fight?

2. JLA minus Arion vs. Defenders minus Strange?

3. Everyone versus you in beach volleyball?

Juntai
Well, most of Arion's feats aren't known on the page, as he has only sporadically been seen in comics in several years, and even then most people didn't collect his old stuff, or probably his newer stuff... however he has been touted as the strongest magic user in the DCU. This guy hangs with Angels and Demon Lords, Phantom Stranger and Spectre, etc. Just to give an idea of the league he plays in.

It's a little weird though, and maybe you know this Lucid- we saw a younger Arion in Crisis, and we see Arion in the latest Superman arc... yet--- last I remember Arion before these events was when his body was taken over by the Lord of Chaos known as Mordru.. and that's the body he's been in since... so what gives?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Juntai
It's a little weird though, and maybe you know this Lucid- we saw a younger Arion in Crisis, and we see Arion in the latest Superman arc... yet--- last I remember Arion before these events was when his body was taken over by the Lord of Chaos known as Mordru.. and that's the body he's been in since... so what gives? Yeah i was confused when i saw him during IC, since he's supposedly dead. I'm just attributing to time travel, which is what's happening in the current Superman arc. I haven't actually read the Mordru stuff though, what issues does it take place in?

Juntai
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Yeah i was confused when i saw him during IC, since he's supposedly dead. I'm just attributing to time travel, which is what's happening in the current Superman arc. I haven't actually read the Mordru stuff though, what issues does it take place in? It was early on the JSA series that just ended. That entire series is one of the best series' of comics ever, imo. Highly recommended read.

Mordru took over Arion's body, his spirit was trappd in the Gemworld , later his spirit was released in an attempt to weaken Mordru, who had Mordru's body and spirit, the Vestments of Fate/Nabu, and The Starheart at the time. His Spirit departed to the afterlife but not before he retconed Powergirl.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Juntai
It was early on the JSA series that just ended. That entire series is one of the best series' of comics ever, imo. Highly recommended read.

Mordru took over Arion's body, his spirit was trappd in the Gemworld , later his spirit was released in an attempt to weaken Mordru, who had Mordru's body and spirit, the Vestments of Fate/Nabu, and The Starheart at the time. Cool. I'll try to get my hands on it. I found a few old Arion issues earlier today for a buck each and they were pretty good. Always liked what i'd seen of the character so now i'll probably start trying to amass a collection of his appearances.

Juntai
I edited, if you didn't see that last piece. Heheh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.