Words of Wisdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness

ThePittman

Lord Urizen
"To thine own self be true"

Alliance
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

Lord Urizen
"True Wisdom is the realization of how little you know....only a fool thinks he knows all there is to know..."

Regret

ThePittman
Originally posted by Alliance
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" usa

Storm
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple, the philosophy is kindness.

- The Dalai Lama -

Alliance
Originally posted by ThePittman
usa

Yes...where did THAT type of religion go?

debbiejo
If, now, there is something you choose to experience in your life, do not "want it"-----choose it.

Do you not see that the spirit could just as easily work through your imagination as anything else?

You can define present conditions and circumstances as what they truly are: temporary and temporal.

Each circumstance is a gift, and in each experience is hidden a treasure.

The function of the soul is to indicate its desire, not impose it....live.

The Universe talks to everyone. All the time. The question is not to whom do I talk, but who listens?

You must honor your feelings. For honoring your feelings means honoring your Self.

The Laws are very simple.

1 Thought is creative.
2. Fear attracts like energy.
3. Love is all there is.

There is no such thing as an incorrect path--for on this journey you cannot "not get" where you are going. It is simply a matter of speed--merely a question of when you will get there.

Each to his own, without judgment...that is the motto.

Nothing holy has ever been achieved through denial. Yet desires change as even larger realities are glimpsed.

It's important now, it's time now, to change your mind about some things. This is what evolution is all about.

A society living in fear very often ...actually, inevitable produces in form that which it fears most.

peejayd
"Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

debbiejo
Good one........... smile

JesusIsAlive

Impediment
Beware the fury of a patient man. -John Dryden

Failures are a normal part of life. They are not disasters. -Unknown

Do, or do not. There is no 'try'. - Yoda

lil bitchiness

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Oh, my bad.

I googed 'Jesus Quotes' and that is what came up.

No problem chum or should I say chumette?

Impediment

Eis

Alliance
"Peace is a lie there is only passion.
Trough Passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken the force shall set me free."

- Sith Dogma

mahasattva
"...A man may conquer a million men in battle but one who conquers himself is, indeed, the greatest of conquerors..."

....Wisdom is purified by uprightness, and uprightness is purified by wisdom. Where there is uprightness, wisdom is there, and where there is wisdom, uprightness is there. To the upright, there is wisdom, to the wise there is uprightness, and wisdom and goodness are declared to be the best thing in the world..

-Buddha-

Atlantis001
"There is no religion higher than Truth." --- The theosophical society

mahasattva

mahasattva

docb77
Many of the quotes given here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=398655 would fit well in this thread.

Also many of the scriptural passages from this thread would work well in the favorite scripture thread. It needs more extra-biblical passages.

Storm
For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don' t believe, no proof is possible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.