Proud of my Sins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
We are all sinners...No ?

This idea of Sin disturbs me, because not only does the word "Sin" mean to represent the true evils of human nature (such as murder, rape, discimrinationm etc,) but the word also means to define actions that in no way harm people (shaving your beard, homosexuality, pre-marital sex, not going to Church, masturbation, being of another religion, etc.)

The idea of Sin is really a means of restriction, or atleast has been used in that context...as if everything we do is in SOME way a sin....

This word is over used, and is getting annoying, because Human Beings have always been flawed, are still flawed now, and will always be flawed.

The true sins are hatred, murder, control, and torment....true "sins" or true evils are those done which truly cause a person great pain or loss.

Killing in the Name of God is always a sin, and can never be accepted as any sort of moral right. The same goes for Hating in the name of God and Discriminating in the name of God.....

Is God is Love, then he cannot hate. Period...neither should you...

Anyways, my "flaws" have been considered sins by a great many, and i am sure so have yours. So if you are proud of your flaws, be HEARD !

As long as you are not aiming to hurt another person, then be PROUD OF YOUR SINS ! droolio

Come on ! People of all types and backgrounds !

smile embarrasment stick out tongue confused laughing cool eek! big grin

BobbyD
While I am not proud of my actual mishaps/sins, I have fully embraced the fact that I am a sinner, and I'm going to fail periodically.

Scoobless
Sin was just a term created as a means of controlling people hundreds of years ago .... as were most religions

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
We are all sinners...No ?

No. Sin is a Christian concept that is used to control people.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Scoobless
Sin was just a term created as a means of controlling people hundreds of years ago .... as were most religions

Pretty much. This is evident in the fact that for the longest time only clergies and other higher ups were actually allowed to "read" bibles or at all for that matter. For the most part it still feels the same today (I'm speaking from my personal encounters) only with the fact that although people can read it a lot of people who are full dead on religious don't really read the bible but have it read and preached to them.erm

marcu
Hmmm, interesting thread. I shall ponder this a bit LU.

I can't say I am proud of my sins but I am sure I can find something to contribute to this wonderful thread! I shall get back to you. I must think! whistle

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by marcu
Hmmm, interesting thread. I shall ponder this a bit LU.

I can't say I am proud of my sins but I am sure I can find something to contribute to this wonderful thread! I shall get back to you. I must think! whistle

If you noticed, i tried to segregate Sin into two categories:

1) Actual Evil

2) Our human flaws...

I am not encouraging people to be proud of anything they have done to hurt another person....what I am trying to do is get people do admit that they are human, and have made mistakes, and WILL ALWAYS make mistakes...

It is unfair to call every sincere human aspect a "sin"

I appreciate your patience and interest in my topics, because I know you are a Christian...please note, i do not mean to seriously offend, only challenge.

And also note that I am not Anti-Christian by any means, i am pro-questioning authority of ANY KIND....

The person I admire more than ANYONE in this world, happens to be Christian as well...i bet you can't guess Who i am talkn about...

marcu

1) Actual Evil

2) Our human flaws...

I am not encouraging people to be proud of anything they have done to hurt another person....what I am trying to do is get people do admit that they are human, and have made mistakes, and WILL ALWAYS make mistakes...

I appreciate your patience and interest in my topics, because I know you are a Christian...please note, i do not mean to seriously offend, only challenge.

And also note that I am not Anti-Christian by any means, i am pro-questioning authority of ANY KIND....

The person I admire more than ANYONE in this world, happens to be Christian as well...i bet you can't guess Who i am talkn about...

LU, my friend!!! You are killin' me with the suspense of that last commetn! Who is it!? Do tell. I will not rest until I know! *taps foot impatiently awaiting the answer*

*smiles*

Shakyamunison

1) Actual Evil

2) Our human flaws...

Please give some examples of 2) Our human flaws... sin.

Lord Urizen
LU, my friend!!! You are killin' me with the suspense of that last commetn! Who is it!? Do tell. I will not rest until I know! *taps foot impatiently awaiting the answer*

*smiles*

Mother Teresa

What a fkn wondorful woman.....i beleive she is the true model for which any one should take....to come from nothing, and help people with everything you have...

She judges no one, preached nothing but love, only aimed to give people the means to live a happy and healthy life...

There was no exchange, she did not tell people they had to convert, nothing....she just gave and gave....

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Please give some examples of 2) Our human flaws... sin.

You tell me....that's the point of this thread....what do you consider a flaw you may possess, and be proud to announce it.

marcu
Mother Teresa

What a fkn wondorful woman.....i beleive she is the true model for which any one should take....to come from nothing, and help people with everything you have...

She judges no one, preached nothing but love, only aimed to give people the means to live a happy and healthy life...

There was no exchange, she did not tell people they had to convert, nothing....she just gave and gave....

Darn it. I thought you were FOR SURE going to say marcu! I thought for sure! jk. smile

Lord Urizen
Darn it. I thought you were FOR SURE going to say marcu! I thought for sure! jk. smile

LOL I'd have to know you better to come to that conclusion. wink

Shakyamunison
You tell me....that's the point of this thread....what do you consider a flaw you may possess, and be proud to announce it.

There is only one sin in my religion and that is slander of the Law. So, that is why I asked you.

Lord Urizen
There is only one sin in my religion and that is slander of the Law. So, that is why I asked you.

So you make no mistakes ?

marcu
LOL I'd have to know you better to come to that conclusion. wink

I will be my great and wonderful self then and it shall not take long and I will bump Mother Theresa into second place! *smiles*

Shakyamunison
So you make no mistakes ?

It is not a sin to make a mistake.

Lord Urizen
It is not a sin to make a mistake.

Yes it is...The Bible says so stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Yes it is...The Bible says so stick out tongue

I don't believe in the bible. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Well you should!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
Well you should!

Why?

Alliance
ninja

Shakyamunison
Mistakes are an important part of the learning process.

Lord Urizen

Doesn't matter....i dont either.

Sin is a Christian word, and many of our natural "flaws" are considered sin by the Bible and by mainstream Christianity.....

You have flaws..we all DO...do not pretend you are perfect, cuz then I'll laugh....

Our flaws are translated to sins in this little thread....so speak up !

If you feel you possess no "sins" then DEFEND your morale !

Lord Urizen
Mistakes are an important part of the learning process.

BE proud of your mistakes..... smile

Shakyamunison
Doesn't matter....i dont either.

Sin is a Christian word, and many of our natural "flaws" are considered sin by the Bible and by mainstream Christianity.....

You have flaws..we all DO...do not pretend you are perfect, cuz then I'll laugh....

Our flaws are translated to sins in this little thread....so speak up !

If you feel you possess no "sins" then DEFEND your morale !

But sin is a bad thing. What you are calling sin is not sin, or at lease I don't think so.

Alliance
"sin" is a arbitrary concept.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
"sin" is a arbitrary concept.

That is why I asked for a list.

marcu

Hmmm, I will not give up on you. *smiles*

The Thorn,

marcu smile

Quiero Mota
God is Love

My second oldest has "Akua ke Aloha" (which means God is Love in Hawaiian) tatted on his arm.

peejayd
"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."
I John 3:4

* according to the Bible, sin is the transgression of the law of God... sin is not a mere mistake that others perceive to be more grave than it supposed to be...

"If they sin against thee--for there is no man who does not sin--and thou art angry with them, and dost give them to an enemy, so that they are carried away captive to the land of the enemy, far off or near;"
I Kings 8:46

* also, according to the Bible, all men sinneth... even righteous men sinneth...

"Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins."
Ecclesiastes 7:20

* but should we be proud of our sins? nope, what should we do with our sins?

"I acknowledged my sin to thee, and I did not hide my iniquity; I said, I will confess my transgressions to the LORD; then thou didst forgive the guilt of my sin."
Psalms 32:5

* we should confess our sins to God and He will forgive us... how should we know that God will forgive us?

"For God is not so unjust as to overlook your work and the love which you showed for his sake in serving the saints, as you still do."
Hebrews 6:10

Shakyamunison
Hmmm, I will not give up on you. *smiles*

The Thorn,

marcu smile

*Looks around*

Shhhhh don't tell anyone, but there is a lot of wisdom in the bible. The real problem I have is the things that Paul wrote. shhhhhh

*disappears into the shadow and Q's eerie music*

marcu
*Looks around*

Shhhhh don't tell anyone, but there is a lot of wisdom in the bible. The real problem I have is the things that Paul wrote. shhhhhh

*disappears into the shadow and Q's eerie music*

I am going to try REALLY hard not to use that tid bit of info against you in the future. *smiles*

However, It screams to me that we have a platform now..a common ground if you will. Hmm, this is most interesting!

The Thorn,

marcu smile

Alliance
My conversion alarm just went off...Defcom 5

Storm
The choices I' ve made so far are behind me, and I don' t waste time regretting any of them. Some of those choices may have landed me in unpleasant circumstances, but experiencing these things certainly built my current character. I take responsibility for all my past choices and value them for the life lessons they offer.

Mr. Sandman
Proud of your sin? This concept is not new. I've been Sintastic since I joined this forum.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Storm
The choices I' ve made so far are behind me, and I don' t waste time regretting any of them. Some of those choices may have landed me in unpleasant circumstances, but experiencing these things certainly built my current character. I take responsibility for all my past choices and value them for the life lessons they offer.

Then you are proud...I too am proud of my mistakes, for thier was no other way I could learn those lessons otherwise....

Storm
No, I' m not proud of my mistakes, but I' m proud that I have learned from them.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Storm
No, I' m not proud of my mistakes, but I' m proud that I have learned from them.

You shouldn't be ashamed of your dirty flithy little sins though...you're only human.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Proud of your sin? This concept is not new. I've been Sintastic since I joined this forum.

Sins are delicious droolio

Imperfection is realistic and sincere....

Atlantis001

Lord Urizen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.