The Gleam of Triumph

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
Ok I apologise if this thread has already been created but I couldn't find it in the search.......

Ok we know in book 4 when Harry tells Dumbledore that Voldermort got over the problem of his Mum's sacrifice by returning by using Harry's blood. When Harry tells Dumbledore this he has a gleam of triumph in his eyes for a split second. What's this all about? Rowling said it would be important to book 7. This thread is for your theories on the gleam of triumph and to ask you guys what you think of my theory.

My Theory.

Dumbledore seems happy that Voldermort overcame this barrier, but why? If Dumbledore was one of the Order why would he be happy about this barrier being broken down? Unless it did the exact opposite........

My theory is that Lily Potter's Sacrifice is a deep magic (Dumbledore says in book 1 some people call it love) which is in Harry's blood. When Voldemort was returned to power Harry's blood was used so it also resides in Voldemort. But what if it didn't break down the barrier, just create a new one?

Think about it, the very spell that was in Harry, protecting him from Voldemort is now also in Voldemort. The only thing that was stopping voldemort from killing Harry was that spell which is now inside Voldemort. Voldemort can't kill Harry because his blood is full of the very thing protecting Harry, Lily Potter's love eek! That's why I think Dumbledore was so happy yes It's a long stretch but it makes sense yes

Any thoughts or opinions?

The Phantom
Very interesting theory.

nehaa
yea

Barker
Or Now if he kills Harry he'll die automatically.

no expression

willRules
pretty much and it fufills the prophecy without Harry being a murderer yes

Council#13
Pfft. Harry killed Cedric. He told him that they both would grab the Cup mhm

willRules
Ok, even assuming that it was Harry's fault, how is that related? confused

allofyousuckkk
how isn't it related?

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by Council#13

laughing out loud Hehe!

That's an interesting theory you have there! big grin

willRules
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
how isn't it related?

No seriously, I'm confused as to how it's related to the gleam of triumph? confused

Syren
Nicely thought out Will, I love that such a seemingly small detail grabbed your attention, it's usually the things we overlook that turn out to be the most important.

I definitely think Voldemort's use of Harry's blood to return will end up playing a large part in his eventual downfall. Unfortunately I also think Harry will pay the price as well. I haven't actually given much thought to how it's all going to turn out because, for once, I want the 'finale' to be a surprise smile

willRules
Cheers big grin and fair enough yes

willRules
BUMP

Barker
Oh.

Thanks.

willRules
No problem stick out tongue

Nickey

roll eyes (sarcastic)
That's not true. It's not Harry's fault that Cedric was such a hard headed boy. He told Cedric to get back to the Port Key, but Cedric didn't listen. He just stood there like an idiot saying "Why". So Cedric died because he was stubborn! That's my theory! big grin

willRules
Originally posted by Barker
Or Now if he kills Harry he'll die automatically.

no expression

I actually just realised it wouldn't mean that. It would mean that Voldemort can't kill Harry as his blood is full of the same spell.

It kinda relates to the whole prophecy thing as well yes

SweetMagnolia17
oh wow, excellent point.
but if they both can't be killed because of the "love" how will voldemort ever die?
Harry can't kill him because of the magic but if he doesn't kill him the prophecy won't.. work? i don't know.
that's a really good theroy, it's nothing i would never think of.

willRules
Good question smile

Well there are two answers to this........

either
a) Dumbledore said the prophecy isn't destined to happen it just will because voldemort won't give up hounding Harry. If this theory is true maybe the prophecy won't come true because of the spell.

Or the more likely answer is that
b) Well like Barker already said if Voldemort kills Harry he will die. I disagree. Maybe if Voldemort tries to kill harry he will die.

Basically what I mean is that the "love" from Lily Potter's spell was protection for Harry, not voldemort. Therefore maybe Harry can kill Voldemort but not Voldemort killing Harry.

SweetMagnolia17
hmm, yeah that makes sense, the "love" was only meant for Harry, hopefully the spell doesn't reside in his blood. but i think you're right in saying that if Voldemort tries to kill Harry that it will kill him, because in the 4th book when Voldemort and Harry battle it out The whole thing with the connecting of the wands happens. but if the "love" wasn't there the spells would probally just bounce off eachother.

?

siriuswriter

You might as well say it's Cedric's fault because he was roaming around with Harry near the end of the book. They should know by now.

DarkC
Yes, that does seem very interesting; I haven't actually heard this theory before now and I was always wondering why Dumbledore would be satisfied over that when Voldemort was seeking the same.

willRules
Cool I'm glad you guys appreciate it. I wouldn't be surprised if my theory was incorrect, but it just seems very logical and relates to some key themes in the books yes

Forcewielder
Originally posted by siriuswriter
You might as well say it's Cedric's fault because he was roaming around with Harry near the end of the book. They should know by now.

Neither Harry nor Cedric are at fault because for them to take the blame would imply that they are aware that the Triwizard cup is a portkey but they didn't know. By the time Harry saw Voldemort's real name on the tombstone, he tried to tell Cedric to get back to the cup but Cedric didn't understand him until it was too late when Babymort and Pettigrew showed up, killed Cedric, and tied Harry to a tombstone so they can steal his blood in order to regenerate Voldemort's body.

The only person who should take the blame is Voldemort for making the Triwizard cup into a portkey as a means to lure Harry and Cedric right into his trap.

SweetMagnolia17
Originally posted by Forcewielder
The only person who should take the blame is Voldemort for making the Triwizard cup into a portkey as a means to lure Harry and Cedric right into his trap.

Crouch Jr. "Mad Eye Moody" turned the cup into a portkey.. not voldemort. no expression

Forcewielder
Originally posted by SweetMagnolia17
Crouch Jr. "Mad Eye Moody" turned the cup into a portkey.. not voldemort. no expression

He did it on Voldemort's behalf and every action that the Death Eaters have committed is reflected onto him.

ndfreak
i like your theory Will it makes a lot of sense.

mine theory is just a little bit different. It has to do with them having the same blood in them but it also has to do with his aunt petunia. I think that voldemort will believe that he can kill Harry at petunias house once he turns 17. After Harry destroys the Horcruxes he will be lured or go back to the durseleys and then voldy will try to kill him. but since he has the same blood, when he tries to kill harry it backfires again and kills him.

SweetMagnolia17
well the book is called deathly hallows. i think that means that the final battle will be on hallowed ground and unless aunt petunias house is above a graveyard i highly doubt that that's where it's goning to happen.

willRules
Originally posted by ndfreak
i like your theory Will it makes a lot of sense.

Cheers big grin

H. S. 6
What a superbly-concealed bump.

stick out tongue

TigerEyes
Ready for my trippy theory:

Harry is the last Horcruxes, so in order for Voldermort to Die, Harry has to die first....I've assumed since the first day I read it that Harry would die in the end.

willRules
Originally posted by H. S. 6
What a superbly-concealed bump.

stick out tongue

big grin

Originally posted by TigerEyes
Ready for my trippy theory:

Harry is the last Horcruxes, so in order for Voldermort to Die, Harry has to die first....I've assumed since the first day I read it that Harry would die in the end.

Are you sure that's your theory? I have heard that before several times yes

willRules
BUMPTY BUMP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.