How does the prison system work in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcousticDoc
I don't quite understand how rogues that get sent to prison reappear a few issues later. For instance, Batman has sent Joker to prison/Arkham at least a hundred times during his career. So if Joker Constantly breaking out or somehing? Wouldn't one think to improve the pprison security.

In marvel, it seems that the prison system is even worse. During the "Devil in cell block D" arc, Punisher willfully surrenders himself to prison to help Daredevil as in, "Yea I'm gonna go to jail for a pep talk then break out when I'm done." And if punisher can get out of prison that easily, shouldn't the other cons be able to as well?

Validus
The prison walls are made from rice paper.

V for Valentine
I think that most of the Prisons are probably extremely secure, For humans..no expression Mutants and super-powered people really arent going to have much trouble getting out. Let's see if they can make it out of the Negative Zone eh? wink

DigiMark007
Marvel has actually been doing a better job recently of not just having random criminals break out of SHIELD prisons and such unless there's a darn good reason.

Validus
Originally posted by V for Valentine
I think that most of the Prisons are probably extremely secure, For humans..no expression Mutants and super-powered people really arent going to have much trouble getting out. Let's see if they can make it out of the Negative Zone eh? wink
I'm going to bump this thread when everyone makes it out.

Scoobless
It doesn't... they just have the trials then they open the back door of the courtroom and let the guilty people make their own way to prison... if they never make it, it just means less work for the guards

no expression

Either that or Group 4 are responsible for all the transfers ... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.