Name that DC counter part so I can understand better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok ON these forums, it seems like there are some characters in the MU that just defy logic as to why everyone thinks they just win no matter what. The general forum feeling is that Marvel and DC are pretty much equal. But i'm not Feeling that at all. So I'm going to name Some Marvel characters and I want you guys to tell me who from DC is thier closest Counter part in power lvl,skills,and brains, That would MATCH them 5/10 or even a little better in a fight. This is so I'll know if my thinking is wrong, and to also challenge you all to do your homework on DC so it won't seem like certain characters just get auto wins here.

Thor
Odin
Silver Surfer
Thanos
Insane Genis Vell
Sentry
Sersi
Galactus
Worlock
Quasar
Wolverine

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

Wolverine

The spectre.

Maybe. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
The spectre.

Maybe. erm

Be serious. Cuz I need to know. It seems like people dont' know enough about DC to even give good sound judgements. SO I wanna see if people know or are they just giving auto wins to these characters that they know better.

ExtraMision5555
The spectre.

Maybe. erm
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

best.post.

darthgoober
The problem is that DC doesn't necessarily HAVE a counter part for all these characters. By the same token, Marvel doesn't have a counterpart for every DC character. But here's my closest estimation...

Thor-Shazam or Wonder Woman
Odin-There's not really one, I would place Odin somewhere between Highfather and Takion
Silver Surfer- Hal is the closest one, but Surfer would take the majority, on the other hand, Ion or Parallax would definitely take the majority over Surfer
Thanos-Darkseid is in the same ballpark, but both of there power levels fluctuate depending on the writer, so it's hard to accurately determine who's more powerful overall.
Insane Genis Vell-I think Parallax would be the closest thing to a counterpart.
Sentry-Duh. Supes
Sersi-I don't really think there's a counterpart for her
Galactus-I don't really think there's a counterpart for him either
Warlock-The problem with Warlock, is that he's a powerful character, with an ULTRA powerful weapon. So I don't think there's a good match for him, because he's got a one hit kill attack.
Quasar- Gl Kyle(no Ion powers)
Wolverine- He doesn't really have a counter part either, because he's basically a mid level, who's power set let's him hang with high level heroes(for a while at least), but he still has problems with some street level guys.

juggernaut66666
darkseid is definetly above thanos
and genis vel is nowhere to parallax
there is also a dc odin i think he around marvel odin
galactus -imperiex
warlock - mordru

ExtraMision5555
Genis Vell is marvel? whoops

and all this time i thought he was dc

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Genis Vell is marvel? whoops

and all this time i thought he was dc
no

Big Sexy
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
galactus -imperiex
warlock - mordru Genis is more of a counterpart to CA but without the morality. Both at full potential can blow a universe.

Big Sexy
galactus -imperiex
warlock - mordru As far as darkseid and thanos. It depends on the era because currently hes not what he used to be.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Genis is more of a counterpart to CA but without the morality. Both at full potential can blow a universe.
Agreed
parallax is multiversal at power level so he is no way a counter part to genis

ExtraMision5555
no

when does he show up in marvel?

thiers a guy i saw on JLU that was like, bite of genis vell

he had a star on his chest that looked pertty identical

juggernaut66666
check the genis-vell respect thread in the marvel directory

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
The problem is that DC doesn't necessarily HAVE a counter part for all these characters. By the same token, Marvel doesn't have a counterpart for every DC character. But here's my closest estimation...

Odin-There's not really one, I would place Odin somewhere between Highfather and Takion
Silver Surfer- Hal is the closest one, but Surfer would take the majority, on the other hand, Ion or Parallax would definitely take the majority over Surfer
Thanos-Darkseid is in the same ballpark, but both of there power levels fluctuate depending on the writer, so it's hard to accurately determine who's more powerful overall.
Sentry-Duh. Supes
Warlock-The problem with Warlock, is that he's a powerful character, with an ULTRA powerful weapon. So I don't think there's a good match for him, because he's got a one hit kill attack.
Wolverine- He doesn't really have a counter part either, because he's basically a mid level, who's power set let's him hang with high level heroes(for a while at least), but he still has problems with some street level guys.

I have always Thought Of WW as Thor's counter part. Maybe CM but he doesn't really have a Godly aura abouthim. Orion is a bit more powerful than Thor but he's pretty close to Thor's role.

DC Odin is the same as Marvel Odin. Or maybe DC Zeus as he seems to be the premier Sky father of DC.

Despero is the closest I can think of to Thanos. maybe Hank Henshaw.

Takion is likely Insane Genis vells Counterpart.

Maxima is most def Sersi's match

Galactus is prolly matched by The quantum Zealot or The over Master.

Warlock's match is easily Metron. Metron is as smart as worlock and has the mother box to match the soul gem. and the grandmother box as well as the worlogog. But those dont' count since he rarely uses them.

ur right about quasar's match

Deathstroke is Wolvies match easily.

The Silver Surfer is matched by Wave Rider ,Auron, Insane Light ray or Firestorm Elemental.

of course I could be wrong and am over rating the characters.

Sub_Mariner
Wolverine=Great Evil Beast

Soljer

Sentry-Duh. Supes

Sounds pretty accurate, save Thor and Parallax. I don't know who would be a DC counter part to Thor. He is often portrayed as a top-tier brick, but he has shown damn near as many powers as a Lantern, or a Herald. He has WAY too much versatility to be compared to Shazam or Wonder Woman.

Besides that? Yeah...

Odin - Highfather.

Surfer - somewhere between taking a majority over hal, and having a majority taken from him by Ion/Parallax.

Thanos - Darkseid.

Genis - Parallax seems on the same level as far as the story/personality, but definitely not power. As others mentioned, Parallax was a multiversal threat, while Genis only unmade/remade universes. :-/. As was mentioned, a full potential Captain Atom seems right around here.

Sentry - Superman, without as many out-the-ass powers, but with his 'photokinesis'

Sersi - Maxima.

Galactus - Imperiex, though, isn't Imperiex portrayed as MUCH less of a Jobber than Galactus? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Warlock - Mordru? Perhaps Mordru's magic seems much more plot-devicey than Warlock, though.

Quasar - a top Green Lantern (Hal, Kyle, etc.)

Wolverine - Hmmm? Besides the Spectre? I can't really think of anyone who's powers are martial arts and healing. Plenty of DC characters have EITHER, but no one who has BOTH comes to mind.
Maybe Azrael - he has the skill, claws, and an enhanced physiology...

And, as mentioned, I can't think of anyone for Thor.

Big Sexy
I have always Thought Of WW as Thor's counter part. Maybe CM but he doesn't really have a Godly aura abouthim. Orion is a bit more powerful than Thor but he's pretty close to Thor's role.

DC Odin is the same as Marvel Odin. Or maybe DC Zeus as he seems to be the premier Sky father of DC.

Despero is the closest I can think of to Thanos. maybe Hank Henshaw.

Takion is likely Insane Genis vells Counterpart.

Maxima is most def Sersi's match

Galactus is prolly matched by The quantum Zealot or The over Master.

Warlock's match is easily Metron. Metron is as smart as worlock and has the mother box to match the soul gem. and the grandmother box as well as the worlogog. But those dont' count since he rarely uses them.

ur right about quasar's match

Deathstroke is Wolvies match easily. Warlocks a weird one, how the hell to you exist in and outside the universe at the same time.

darthgoober
There's literally NO WAY that Darkseid is DEFINITELY above Thanos. The reason for this is because it's IMPOSSIBLE to determine which of Darkseids showings are ACTUALLY him, and which are avatars. Darkseid fans have this bad habit of assuming that every fight that Darkseid looks good in, is the real him, and every fight where he has a hard time with someone, is an avatar. But think about this, Orion is destined to take him out, so he can't be as unbeatable as everyone makes him out to be.

That's actually very possible, I don't know much about either, I was guessing.
Unless I'm mistaken, DC's Odin doesn't have the showings that Marvels does, and given the fact that DC's Thor doesn't look equal to Marvels, it seems more like Marvel Odin would take that fight.
galactus -imperiex Depends on Big G's power at the time doesn't it?
warlock - mordru Don't know the guy.

Big Sexy
Agreed
parallax is multiversal at power level so he is no way a counter part to genis Even though her arc sucked I would say the Goddess is the counterpart to Parallax .

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Wolverine=Great Evil Beast

This is exactly what I mean.

juggernaut66666
From where the hell do these guys get the idea that genis-vell is around parallax level?????????????????

Jimmy-Chan
Ok ON these forums, it seems like there are some characters in the MU that just defy logic as to why everyone thinks they just win no matter what. The general forum feeling is that Marvel and DC are pretty much equal. But i'm not Feeling that at all. So I'm going to name Some Marvel characters and I want you guys to tell me who from DC is thier closest Counter part in power lvl,skills,and brains, That would MATCH them 5/10 or even a little better in a fight. This is so I'll know if my thinking is wrong, and to also challenge you all to do your homework on DC so it won't seem like certain characters just get auto wins here.

Thor

Orion.

Odin

Eh, he holds a unique place as the most powerful conventional Skyfather. He's like above Highfather or Neron but below Yuga Khan.

Silver Surfer

Hal Jordan.

Thanos

Mordru or Onimar Synn.

Insane Genis Vell

Genis from his series -- not sure. Genis from Thunderbolts -- Metron or Dr. Fate, maybe.

Sentry

Takion.

Sersi

Hurm, maybe Etrigan or Maxima.

Galactus

Yuga Khan.

Warlock

Hard to think of an exact analogue, given the x-factor of Warlock's power over souls. The Weird, perhaps.

Quasar

Kilowog or Sinestro.

Wolverine

The Spectre after having absorbed the CPB.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
Orion.

Eh, he holds a unique place as the most powerful conventional Skyfather. He's like above Highfather or Neron but below Yuga Khan.

Hal Jordan.

Mordru or Onimar Synn.

Genis from his series -- not sure. Genis from Thunderbolts -- Metron or Dr. Fate, maybe.

Takion.

Yuga Khan.

Hard to think of an exact analogue, given the x-factor of Warlock's power over souls. The Weird, perhaps.

Kilowog or Sinestro.

We are not counting the power of wolvie fans and his Jobber aura. He can beat the beyonder if he had all that power. smile

complexbrother
Thor ...... Superman (as much as hate to say it)
Odin ...... Pre Ret Darkseid
Silver Surfer ...... Parilax (or however you spell it)
Thanos ....... Gog
Insane Genis Vell ....... Fernus
Sentry ....... Infinity Man
Sersi ........ Circe
Galactus ........ Mageddon (or if weakend, Solaris)
Worlock ........ Martian Manhunter
Quasar ...... Green Lantern (Kyle)
Wolverine .......... Midnighter

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by complexbrother
Thor ...... Superman (as much as hate to say it)
Odin ...... Pre Ret Darkseid
Silver Surfer ...... Parilax (or however you spell it)
Thanos ....... Gog
Insane Genis Vell ....... Fernus
Sentry ....... Infinity Man
Sersi ........ Circe
Galactus ........ Mageddon (or if weakend, Solaris)
Worlock ........ Martian Manhunter
Quasar ...... Green Lantern (Kyle)
Wolverine .......... Midnighter

SS Is No Parralax.

nvrbeenwthagirl
SS Is No Parralax.

This is what I mean. No alot of people are very mis informed about DC characters here. Some of the match ups I have seen boggle me. Ur correct. parallax is like Korvak on steriods.

Big Sexy
SS Is No Parralax. I think its the goddess. They both wanted to destroy everything and had their own conception of whats evil.

Thanos_THOTU
Thor - Superman
Odin - Superboy Prime
Silver Surfer - Hal , not parallax
Thanos - Darksied avatar sounds about right.
Insane Genis Vell
Sentry - Superman
Sersi
Galactus - >True Darksied
Warlock, he took down Strange, so a dr. Fate (a powerful one) sounds ok.
Quasar - Kyle , not Ion
Wolverine - Batman w/ 24h prep , Presence wink

UniOmni
Wolverines counterpart imo, is Slade.

Odin is hard to place.

Thanos is obviously a take on Darky, but he doesn't have the shine, imo.

Adam Warlock and Metron is actually a good choice.

Thor is easily Orion.

Sentry is Superman, but with much less substance.

Thanos_THOTU
Orion.

Hal Jordan.

Mordru or Onimar Synn.

Takion.

Yuga Khan.

Kilowog or Sinestro.

Skip my previous list, I second this.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
Wolverines counterpart imo, is Slade.

Odin is hard to place.

Thanos is obviously a take on Darky, but he doesn't have the shine, imo.

Adam Warlock and Metron is actually a good choice.

Thor is easily Orion.

Sentry is Superman, but with much less substance.

Thanks on the Metron and Warlock being a good choice comment. Wow I actually did something right on the forum.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Skip my previous list, I second this.

Mine wasn't good sad

complexbrother
Ok then SS .... 2nd comming of Ion.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by complexbrother
Ok then SS .... 2nd comming of Ion.
curent Ion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>silver surfer

Sub_Mariner
curent Ion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>silver surfer

SS=Hal/Maybe Kyle.

Soljer
SS=Hal/Maybe Kyle.

The surfer is superior to either of the two, but he is no Ion.

nvrbeenwthagirl
SS=Hal/Maybe Kyle.

SS is very slighty over the best Gl's. Firestorm elemental or Wave rider or almost exact matches for surfer. Fire Storm Elemental might be a little more powerful but I dont really know that for sure.

Sub_Mariner
The surfer is superior to either of the two, but he is no Ion.

Ye, now i think of current surfer, i will have to think on this one.

Blair Wind
Thor - Orion
Odin - Zues
Silver Surfer -Hal or Kyle. Without bias and looking purely at all feats, I would have to say they are about equal. SS might get the slight majority since he can speedblitz but powerlevels are all the same.
Thanos - Darkseid. Always thought of them as equals
Insane Genis Vell - Captain Atom (mostly when in the quantum field)
Sentry - Superman
Sersi - Maxima
Galactus - Dont really know anyone of that level
Worlock - Metron
Quasar - Hal or Kyle.
Wolverine - Slade

Ill even add my own and say
Dr. Strange - Dr. Fate
Iceman - Red Tornado. Different Powersets but almost identical in the way they can be used (Elementals)
Nitro - The Human Bomb
Hawkeye- Green Arrow

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Thor - Orion
Odin - Zues
Silver Surfer -Hal or Kyle. Without bias and looking purely at all feats, I would have to say they are about equal. SS might get the slight majority since he can speedblitz but powerlevels are all the same.
Sentry - Superman
Sersi - Maxima
Worlock - Metron
Quasar - Hal or Kyle.
Wolverine - Slade

Dr. Strange - Dr. Fate
Iceman - Red Tornado. Different Powersets but almost identical in the way they can be used (Elementals)
Nitro - The Human Bomb
Hawkeye- Green Arrow

Surfer's match is Waverider or Firestorm Elemental.
Thanos is more closely Matched by a DS avatar or Despero
Every thing is else is almost just like I put it. Execpt I think takion is a better match for insane genis.
Galactus is matched by The Overmaster, or one of the Promethian Giants or a quantum Zealot.

Jesse7
Takion fought Ares with the godwave, the same Ares who could "create universes and black holes" <--that part was said by draco, is it true?

boriquaking55

Thor
Odin
Silver Surfer
Thanos
Insane Genis Vell
Sentry
Sersi
Galactus
Worlock
Quasar
Wolverine

Thor = Captain Marvel

Odin = Highfather

Silver Surfer = Kyle Rayner

Thanos = Darkseid

Insane Genis = Tough...maybe Captain Atom

Sentry = Superman

Sersi = Maxima

Galactus = that fool-ass jobber Imperiex

Warlock = Metron

Quasar = Takion

Wolverine = Lucifer Morninstar rolling on floor laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Thor = Captain Marvel

Odin = Highfather

Silver Surfer = Kyle Rayner

Thanos = Darkseid

Insane Genis = Tough...maybe Captain Atom

Sentry = Superman

Sersi = Maxima

Galactus = that fool-ass jobber Imperiex

Warlock = Metron

Quasar = Takion

Wolverine = Lucifer Morninstar rolling on floor laughing

DS is above thanos. Insane Genis is above Cap atom
Takion kicks Quasars ass. and what's with the wolverine thing?

Validus
Thor - Orion
Odin - Zeus
Silver Surfer - Green Lantern
Thanos - Despero
Insane Genis Vell - Firestorm Elemental
Sentry - Superman
Sersi - Maxima
Galactus - Yuga Khan
Warlock - Metron
Quasar - Captain Atom
Wolverine - Deathstroke

boriquaking55
DS is above thanos. Insane Genis is above Cap atom
Takion kicks Quasars ass. and what's with the wolverine thing?

DS being above Thanos is YOUR opinion, not fact. Prove it otherwise.

Genis is more powerful than average Cap Atom but Cap can potentially be stronger and he's a jobber.

Takion is > Quasar

The last part is a joke, obviously if you don't understand it - I'm not gonna bother wasting my time explaining it

juggernaut66666
DS being above Thanos is YOUR opinion, not fact. Prove it otherwise.

Genis is more powerful than average Cap Atom but Cap can potentially be stronger and he's a jobber.

Takion is > Quasar

The last part is a joke, obviously if you don't understand it - I'm not gonna bother wasting my time explaining it
ds is above thanos no expression

boriquaking55
ds is above thanos no expression

Lol you guys act like it's fact roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prove it - you sound like a fanboy

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus
Thor - Orion
Odin - Zeus
Silver Surfer - Green Lantern
Thanos - Despero
Insane Genis Vell - Firestorm Elemental
Sentry - Superman
Sersi - Maxima
Galactus - Yuga Khan
Warlock - Metron
Quasar - Captain Atom
Wolverine - Deathstroke

This is a very good one. Very good. Tho Surfer kicks Green lanter's ass more often than not, I would switch Gl and Firestorm Elemental Round a bit.

juggernaut66666

go to ds respect thread

Validus
This is a very good one. Very good. Tho Surfer kicks Green lanter's ass more often than not, I would switch Gl and Firestorm Elemental Round a bit.
Surfer takes GL 6/10 only because of a speed advantage. He certainly isn't more powerful as anyone who's compared their feats can easily see.

Firestorm Elemental is more powerful than both just like Genis is. Both operate slightly above top tier.

darthgoober

See, they've decided that Darkseid himself NEVER has bad showings(unlike EVERY OTHER comic character ever to exist). Any bad showings MUST be an avatar. Of course, most of his GOOD showings must be avatars too, because the REAL Darkseid would do it faster and better.

boriquaking55
go to ds respect thread

Lol gotta love when people point you to a respect thread as if you haven't already been there...

What about his respect thread - what feats in there are above skyfather?

Kirby Darkseid was impressive, but he still isn't representative of what current Darkseid is, whether affected by the crisis or not.

Validus
Darkseid doesn't have that many bad showings though, avatar or otherwise.

nvrbeenwthagirl
See, they've decided that Darkseid himself NEVER has bad showings(unlike EVERY OTHER comic character ever to exist). Any bad showings MUST be an avatar. Of course, most of his GOOD showings must be avatars too, because the REAL Darkseid would do it faster and better.

Can Thanos Stand up to Big G and actually Stop Big G's advance? Ares with the God wave was mightier than Galactus and it was Darkseid who cooly Froze Ares like a fly in amber with Time and Space. Shows the enormity of power that is Darksied. Especially Given that Takion, the most powerful of all the heroes in DC (not abstract, or uber magical), was only able to slow Ares.

boriquaking55

To be fair, Thanos is guilty of that also

juggernaut66666
Lol gotta love when people point you to a respect thread as if you haven't already been there...

What about his respect thread - what feats in there are above skyfather?

Kirby Darkseid was impressive, but he still isn't representative of what current Darkseid is, whether affected by the crisis or not.
Beating highfather , hurting the antimonitor and spectre beating pre-crisis jla,etc.etc.etc

juggernaut66666
like thanos hasn't been beaten by squirrel girl,thor,stabbed by wolverine,betan by gl kyle etc.etc.etc

boriquaking55
Beating highfather , hurting the antimonitor and spectre beating pre-crisis jla,etc.etc.etc

the antimonitor spectre feats were just PIS. If you can't admit that why should any1 even waste time arguing with you

juggernaut66666
the antimonitor spectre feats were just PIS. If you can't admit that why should any1 even waste time arguing with you
ok how about him beating highfather or creating a being equal to takion or beating the pre-crisis jla??

darthgoober
Can Thanos Stand up to Big G and actually Stop Big G's advance? Ares with the God wave was mightier than Galactus and it was Darkseid who cooly Froze Ares like a fly in amber with Time and Space. Shows the enormity of power that is Darksied. Especially Given that Takion, the most powerful of all the heroes in DC (not abstract, or uber magical), was only able to slow Ares.
So he found a way AROUND Ares power, by freezing him in time/space. That doesn't make him more powerful. Now if Ares had blasted Darkseid with the God Wave, and it didn't affect Darkseid because of his supperior power, THAT would show that he was more powerful. If someone was pointing the Ultimate Nullifier at Iceman, and Iceman froze them before they could pull the trigger, would that make Iceman more powerful?

darthgoober
like thanos hasn't been beaten by squirrel girl,thor,stabbed by wolverine,betan by gl kyle etc.etc.etc
Yes. And those were PIS. There's a big difference between saying that something SHOULDN'T happen(and is the result of bad writing), than saying that something DIDN'T happen, when there's no proof to support it.

juggernaut66666
so you think superman or doomsday beatin ds isn't PIS?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So he found a way AROUND Ares power, by freezing him in time/space. That doesn't make him more powerful. Now if Ares had blasted Darkseid with the God Wave, and it didn't affect Darkseid because of his supperior power, THAT would show that he was more powerful. If someone was pointing the Ultimate Nullifier at Iceman, and Iceman froze them before they could pull the trigger, would that make Iceman more powerful?

Your trying to spit hairs. Ares Was Advancing, meaning he was in motion using the godwave. It is show as takion was pushing against Ares only slowing him down. DS stopped all of that motion. YOu should try again.

boriquaking55
ok how about him beating highfather or creating a being equal to takion or beating the pre-crisis jla??

since it's just speculation to assume highfather is the equivalent of Odin I'm not sure about that feat. Most consider Odin superior to DC skyfathers. I'm really not sure.

The pre-crisis JLA feat happened too long ago - I don't think it's representative of Darkseid now. Plus pre-crisis JLA was very inconsistent and was chock-full of PIS.

Darkseid = Thanos - as it should be. People who say otherwise just look at scans in a biased way

boriquaking55
I'll just leave it at that - we're in danger of ruining another thread by turning it into a Darkseid vs. Thanos flamewar again

darthgoober
so you think superman or doomsday beatin ds isn't PIS?
Oh I'll admit that Supes DS is PIS(just like if Thor was suddenly able to beat Thanos). Doomsday is kinda tough to call though. Darkseid DID kill him, he just came back and attacked from behind. But I still would consider it PIS personally(I remember being PISSED when I first read that), however I know that a lot of people around here have latched on to DD being the ultimate villain, or some such nonsense, so it's not really possible to call PIS on the event.

However, sundipped Supes taking DS seems a little more plausible IMO, and I wouldn't call PIS on that specific event.

darthgoober
Your trying to spit hairs. Ares Was Advancing, meaning he was in motion using the godwave. It is show as takion was pushing against Ares only slowing him down. DS stopped all of that motion. YOu should try again.
Did Darkseid meat a Godwave blast with a blast of his own and overpower it? Did he take the blast on the chin and survive it? If not, then THAT'S NOT PROOF THAT HE'S MORE POWERFUL.

juggernaut66666
Oh I'll admit that Supes DS is PIS(just like if Thor was suddenly able to beat Thanos). Doomsday is kinda tough to call though. Darkseid DID kill him, he just came back and attacked from behind. But I still would consider it PIS personally(I remember being PISSED when I first read that), however I know that a lot of people around here have latched on to DD being the ultimate villain, or some such nonsense, so it's not really possible to call PIS on the event.

However, sundipped Supes taking DS seems a little more plausible IMO, and I wouldn't call PIS on that specific event.
BTW darkseid could have turned him into a a rock with his matter and reality manipulation or just devolve him into a microbe like he devolved pre-crisis validus into a baby
nevermind let's get back to topic

darthgoober
BTW darkseid could have turned him into a a rock with his matter and reality manipulation or just devolve him into a microbe like he devolved pre-crisis validus into a baby
Hey, I'll accept those as possible outcomes. I admitted that I thought the incident was BS, what more do you want?

And we can get back to topic, but there's still no PROOF that Darkseid is more powerful than Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Did Darkseid meat a Godwave blast with a blast of his own and overpower it? Did he take the blast on the chin and survive it? If not, then THAT'S NOT PROOF THAT HE'S MORE POWERFUL.

If Iceman can Freeze the juggernaut in his place and hold him so that the juggernauts motion is stopped, then yes, Then Iceman is indeed more powerful than someone who can only slow down juggernaut. Iceman is not more powerful than the juggernaut persay, but he's more powerful than the one who only slowed juggs down. Which is the point I was making and the point you refuse to see. No where in my ENTIRE argument does it say DS was more powerful than Ares. So Where you are getting that is BEYOND me. More than likely, Hank Henshaw, Gog, Or Despero give Thanos the match that is needed for THIS thread.

Jimmy-Chan
Regarding Doomsday and the sunamped Supes losses, both of them involved Darkseid fighting like a dumbass. He just assumed DD was down for good, without making sure. That was highly out of character and stupid. With the S/B one, he retardedly fell for Superman's plan and just decided to slug it out near the sun, using none of his real powers.

Darkseid's win over Highfather was part of the Conway run, which has since been de facto retconned out of continuity. Interestingly, though, Yuga Khan considered Darkseid more powerful than Izaya. I'd say Darkseid does have some feats above Skyfather level, but he also has some showings where he's not much, if at all above Herald level, in recent Superman comics.

On average, Darkseid is a decent Skyfather IMO.

Originally posted by Jesse7
Takion fought Ares with the godwave, the same Ares who could "create universes and black holes" <--that part was said by draco, is it true?

Well, he was mostly likely capable of destroying the universe going by text, yes. What's impressive is that Takion was the only one among thhe gathered heroes who managed to even put up a fight:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1121/genesis4pg07hn6.jpg
http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=heroes6aa.jpg
http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=heroes11ci.jpg

Jimmy-Chan
I think Darkseid is clearly more "powerful" than Thanos in that Thanos doesn't have those uber feats like the Ares one, and he doesn't routinely vaporize top tiers in one shot like Darkseid does. However, Thanos is stronger and more durable IMO. Darkseid would win an energy-slinging contest, while Thanos would win a slugfest.

darthgoober
If Iceman can Freeze the juggernaut in his place and hold him so that the juggernauts motion is stopped, then yes, Then Iceman is indeed more powerful than someone who can only slow down juggernaut. Iceman is not more powerful than the juggernaut persay, but he's more powerful than the one who only slowed juggs down. Which is the point I was making and the point you refuse to see. No where in my ENTIRE argument does it say DS was more powerful than Ares. So Where you are getting that is BEYOND me. More than likely, Hank Henshaw, Gog, Or Despero give Thanos the match that is needed for THIS thread.
Oh. I thought you were trying to say that he was more powerful than Ares w/Godwave. My bad. But let me ask you, did Takion try to freeze him in time/space? Cause unless he did, and couldn't, that still doesn't show that he beats Takion either.

Inhuman

yes lets asume. And Thanos could have turned Thor into his herald Just liek fallen one. Or turned himinto a rock like he did a skrull. ect.
asuming is fun.

Jimmy-Chan
I posted the scans of the Takion thing above. I think it was obviously meant to show Darkseid > Takion. In fact, in the same story, Takion admits Darkseid and Highfather are more powerful than himself:

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=highfather52xl.png

Highfather basically stated the same thing of Takion's power compared to Darkseid in his first appearance, in fact:

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=takion1210xr7nt.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Oh. I thought you were trying to say that he was more powerful than Ares w/Godwave. My bad. But let me ask you, did Takion try to freeze him in time/space? Cause unless he did, and couldn't, that still doesn't show that he beats Takion either.

Takion was the only one to slow Ares. And Ares was still advancing going to destroy them. I would think that Takion was trying everything with in his power. Which was still impressive to say the least. Back to the thread at hand, we are trying to hash out the equivs of each universe. So what do you think?

darthgoober
Takion was the only one to slow Ares. And Ares was still advancing going to destroy them. I would think that Takion was trying everything with in his power. Which was still impressive to say the least.
Yeah because people in comics ALWAYS do everything in their power to when. That's why Supes ALWAYS uses T-Vo, and the Flash ALWAYS moves as fast he can, right?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah because people in comics ALWAYS do everything in their power to when. That's why Supes ALWAYS uses T-Vo, and the Flash ALWAYS moves as fast he can, right?

They sure as hell do when Multiple lives are on the line. And when they are facing uber threats as such. bringing up flash and Tvo dont' help ur argument. DS did what takion couldn't period.

Jimmy-Chan
Dude, Takion was pushing his Source-based abilities to the max. The thing was that The Godwave contained all of Takion's powers to a much greater level.

Inhuman
I think Darkseid is clearly more "powerful" than Thanos in that Thanos doesn't have those uber feats like the Ares one, and he doesn't routinely vaporize top tiers in one shot like Darkseid does. However, Thanos is stronger and more durable IMO. Darkseid would win an energy-slinging contest, while Thanos would win a slugfest.

I see were your coming from, cause DS does have impressive feats(mostly PC).
Alot of DS powers are mostly consentrated in his omega beams.
I know he is more than just OB, but he sure doesnt show it much.
Thanos has destroyed Galactus destroyers with one shot with his eye beams. Gone toe to toe with Odin using his blasts from his arms. Blew Galactus across a planet with his arms blasts as well.
Thanos is no slouch with his energy blasts.
Slugfests: He has sluged it out with the best of them and slaped around most with ease.
I do think they should be considered about equal though. They both have their low showings. I just dont agree with those saying DS is leagues above Thanos. Or the avatar cop out BS.

darthgoober
They sure as hell do when Multiple lives are on the line. And when they are facing uber threats as such. bringing up flash and Tvo dont' help ur argument. DS did what takion couldn't period.
Really? So what's your excuse for Supes not using T-Vo on SBP? I know it's a BS power, but he had the capability, so why wouldn't he use it when multiple lives where on the line? Here, I'll answer for you, CAUSE IT'S A COMIC BOOK. If he had, then there wouldn't have been a big exiting battle that stretched across multiple comics, and allowed for OTHER heroes to get involved. By the same token, if Takion had done what Darkseid did(or something similar), then it wouldn't have been much of a fight now would it?

Jimmy-Chan
Originally posted by Inhuman
I see were your coming from, cause DS does have impressive feats(mostly PC).
Alot of DS powers are mostly consentrated in his omega beams.
I know he is more than just OB, but he sure doesnt show it much.

All of Darkseid's powers are based off of the Omega Force. He just tends to prefer to channel his power through his eyes, as Highfather prefers to channel his through his staff. Darkseid's hand energies have sent a JLA threat packing and vaporized Kalibak (in a run where Kalibak actually got the better of Orion HTH)

Thanos has destroyed Galactus destroyers with one shot with his eye beams. Gone toe to toe with Odin using his blasts from his arms. Blew Galactus across a planet with his arms blasts as well.
Thanos is no slouch with his energy blasts.

Dr. Strange and Surfer have knocked Galactus down before. Even The Thing has. The Odin instance is more about Thanos' durability and in fact shows that Odin's energy blasts > Thanos' IMO.

The thing with the destroyers is impressive, but then there's Surfer shrugging off a clean sucker-blast from Thanos, Morg running through it easily, Surfer matching Thanos' energy briefly, needing a sustained blast for over a page to stun Thor, Champion w/ Power Gem running through them and breaking his force-feild, The Fallen One shrugging off his blasts, etc.

His blasts are very impressive, but not quite on Darkseid's level.

bigbran
Wolverine, might, MIGHT be matched by Presence.
If it's bone claw, then we shall never see DC again.
Oh sorry, Flash could match Bone claw. Since we now have proof that Flash, could beat anyone, even Eternity.

bigbran
like thanos hasn't been beaten by squirrel girl,thor,stabbed by wolverine,betan by gl kyle etc.etc.etc 3 bad showings, make it look like he's lower than somebody? ( except, I can't seem to think why you would pull out Squirrel Girl, since, you have absolutely NO proof, that it was a bad showing, she is just that uber)
Plus, I don't seem to recall at the moment, Kyle beating him.
Plus, if he did, it was a crossover, so Storm beat Wonder Woman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
3 bad showings, make it look like he's lower than somebody? ( except, I can't seem to think why you would pull out Squirrel Girl, since, you have absolutely NO proof, that it was a bad showing, she is just that uber)
Plus, I don't seem to recall at the moment, Kyle beating him.
Plus, if he did, it was a crossover, so Storm beat Wonder Woman.

wrong cross over buddy. LEAVE WW OUT of this debate.

bigbran
wrong cross over buddy. LEAVE WW OUT of this debate. Why?
It happened in a crossover.
Wolverine took down Lobo, as well.

I'm just showing how great of sources that crossovers are.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why?
It happened in a crossover.
Wolverine took down Lobo, as well.

I'm just showing how great of sources that crossovers are.

You don't see me siting too many cross overs. Only the ones that really make any sense are Jla avengers and the Hunger. And JLA avengers is a little shaky. Cuz Thor by rights should be able to beat Superman after a long fight. But he should lose to doomsday who is tuffer than both. But hey what can I say? It's cannon so we gotta go with it.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Thor - Orion
Odin - Zues
Sentry - Superman
Sersi - Maxima
Worlock - Metron
Quasar - Hal or Kyle.
Wolverine - Slade

Dr. Strange - Dr. Fate
Nitro - The Human Bomb
Hawkeye- Green Arrow Really good list

bigbran
You don't see me siting too many cross overs. Only the ones that really make any sense are Jla avengers and the Hunger. And JLA avengers is a little shaky. Cuz Thor by rights should be able to beat Superman after a long fight. But he should lose to doomsday who is tuffer than both. But hey what can I say? It's cannon so we gotta go with it. No we don't have to go with it.
By your logic, we should go with Spiderman beating Firelord.

Plus, I agree with the Thor fight, but Thor shouldn't be taken down so easy. The fight was pis, but the outcome wasn't.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No we don't have to go with it.
By your logic, we should go with Spiderman beating Firelord.

Plus, I agree with the Thor fight, but Thor shouldn't be taken down so easy. The fight was pis, but the outcome wasn't.

Firelord forgot who he was that day. He had a bad case of the Rhino itis.

Big Sexy
Here are a few others
Mephisto- Neron
Etrigan- Ghost Rider ( similar in that both were bound against their will to a demon)
Aquaman- Namor
ms Marvel- Starfire

Jimmy-Chan
Thanos wasn't beaten by Kyle per se. He was stripped of the power of the CPB by Kyle, who also ripped Parallax's power back, but that was more so due to his connection to that power source than the power level. In Marvel vs. DC, Thanos was slapping around Kyle, CM, and WW at the same time. Although Lobo stood up to him HTH for a brief time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.