Thrawn Trilogy Luke & ESB Yoda vs. AOTC Obi-Wan & ROTJ Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Setting: Yavin 4 Jedi Temple

The fight between Luke/Obi-Wan is pure sabers.
Only Force powers between Yoda/Palpatine

Tangible God
Obi and Palps take it.

I feel I shouldn't have to explain myself, so I'll just wait for someone else to do it.

Nikkolas
Well..I was trying to think of a decent youthful version of Luke and DE seemed too far. Would DE Luke lose to AOTC oBI-wAN?

kamikz
No, DE Luke would pwn AOTC Obi-Wan....

Nikkolas
Then, there you go.... It was this or nothing, pretty much. Would AOTC solidly beat TT Luke before Palpatine could beat Yoda?

kamikz
When is the TT? If it's near DE Luke would pwn Obi... Actually, I think he would even if it was shortly after ROTJ, at least beat him by then...

Darth Subjekt
TT=thrawn trilogy

kamikz
I know that, I asked WHEN it is? What time after ROTJ for example...

Darth Subjekt
oh my bad, i misread your post...sorry. not too sure when exactly, I'll have to look it up...

kamikz
It's cool!

Darth Sexiest
Thrawn Trilogy is before Dark Empire.

And I read that trilogy Btw. In it, Luke could barely handle a handful of pirates. AotC Obi-Wan would pretty much stop him dead in his tracks.

With a lightsaber. stick out tongue

By TT, Luke wasen't much better than he had been in RotJ, and If anything, he was a bit rusty in the area of Lightsaber dueling.

I mean, his clone, who wasen't even trained in swordsmanship and was only a few months old, beat his rear end in a lightsaber duel.

I mean, beat him up.

So yeah, AotC Obi-Wan would kill Luke in about 20 seconds, short enough for it to be before Yoda or Sidious finished their fight.

kamikz
I thought we had put ESB Luke near Qui-Gon. ROTJ Luke is far above ESB Luke, and Qui-Gon is better than AOTC Kenobi....

Darth Sexiest
AotC Obi-Wan could defeat Qui-Gon, If just barely...

But RotJ Luke is somewhat better than ESB Luke, yes. wink

Tangible God
Woah, when was it confirmed ESB Luke was equivalent to Qui-Gon?

darthsith19
Never, just Master Quin thinks so. Most people I think will put Qui-Gon around or slightly below ROTJ (on avg.).

Tangible God
Whew, I'm having a hard time imagining the likes of Movie-Luke going up against Qui-Gon and having a decent chance against him.

Darth Subjekt
yea i think people overplay Luke's power in the movies...they say that "well he took out Vader!" But c'mon, Vader had the feelings for his son. He wasn't going balls to the wall against him. Qui-Gon owns Luke until later on in the EU versions of Luke.

Ob1 takes out luke and Sidious dismantles Yoda...fiercely.

Quinlan_Vos
Umm, if you haven't realized, I have given a long and well-thought argument describing that Luke can give Qui-Gon Jinn a long fight, but lose in the end. Despite that it may seem illogical, my argument proves that it in fact makes sense.

TT Luke is DEFINATELY GREATER than Maul, as ROTJ Luke is on level with Maul.

AOTC Obi-Wan is about equal to Maul, so TT Luke kills him after a nice duel. Now ROTJ Palps vs. ESB Yoda. ESB Yoda hasn't even touched his lightsaber I bet. His Force powers must have increased, but then Sidious must be keeping his Force powers in shape. I would say Sids might kill Yoda, but then TT Luke comes to Yoda's aid and then the two of them slay Sidious after a good fight by Palps.

Quinlan_Vos
Like I said before in a different thread, Vader doesn't kid around. He was trying to go for Cho Sun as fast as possible. He doesn't play Dooku, he goes for victory. He wants to show Luke the power of the Dark Side or if not, to be able to capture him. But he isn't able to do so that fast. If Vader was going for the kill, he would have stabbed Luke after chopping off his hand, but he wanted to convert him and because he had feelings for him, therefore he doesn't attack Luke but tries to seduce him.

And guess what, Master Quin is right about it. Qui-Gon does win, no doubt. But Luke gives him a close fight.

Quinlan_Vos
In recap, TT Luke and Yoda defeat Obi-Wan and Palpatine though a tough fight is given by their opponents.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
yea i think people overplay Luke's power in the movies...they say that "well he took out Vader!" But c'mon, Vader had the feelings for his son. He wasn't going balls to the wall against him. Qui-Gon owns Luke until later on in the EU versions of Luke.

Ob1 takes out luke and Sidious dismantles Yoda...fiercely.

Yeah, this guy is pretty much correct. wink

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos

LOL!!!

Darth Sexiest
Yeah right...Maul would have TT Luke for dinner...

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Umm, if you haven't realized, I have given a long and well-thought argument describing that Luke can give Qui-Gon Jinn a long fight, but lose in the end. Despite that it may seem illogical, my argument proves that it in fact makes sense.

AOTC Obi-Wan is about equal to Maul, so TT Luke kills him after a nice duel. Now ROTJ Palps vs. ESB Yoda. ESB Yoda hasn't even touched his lightsaber I bet. His Force powers must have increased, but then Sidious must be keeping his Force powers in shape. I would say Sids might kill Yoda, but then TT Luke comes to Yoda's aid and then the two of them slay Sidious after a good fight by Palps.

Wow, you so do not know what your talking about...

Darth Maul is significantly below AotC Obi-Wan.

And by ESB, Yoda's powers had already waned somewhat.

Added to the fact that he was slowly dying...

Darth Sexiest
Obi and Sidious take this, fairly easily. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quinlan_Vos
Please, use the edit button instead of sending 5 consecutive posts.

Next,

What the hell? Darth Maul is equal to Obi-Wan, not better. I could see Darth Maul giving a much tougher fight to a TOYING Dooku than Obi-Wan did. FYI, Obi-Wan basically re-started his lightsaber training pretty much after TPM and began studying Soresu. That's why he doesn't become strong in AOTC, but instead by ROTS. Darth Maul would easily be on par with Obi-Wan. If I compare the fighting skills of AOTC Obi-Wan and Maul, I would say they are the same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.