I HATE HIP HOP n RnB POST

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vintageSW77
Anyone had enough of this dumb retarted crap being in your face wherever you go?
Its all style over substance and the way they show off their gains is pretty vulgar...just watch Cribs if you can.
Is there no escape?
Is it me or is it the music of choice of the saddest bunch of fuc***ts youve ever seen?
Does it make you want to buy an axe and go on a speaker smashing rampage?
Its turned the majority of my citys teens into a bunch of baseball cap/hoodie wearing Westwood soundalike clones...and now the tards want to share their poor taste in music by playing it on speaker on their mobile phones just in case you havent had enough!

I HATE RnB n HIP HOP!

Impediment
Then don't listen to it. I prefer metal, punk rock, hardcore, and Johnny Cash. I can't stand rap, so I don't listen to it.

vintageSW77
I dont listen to it out of choice....in the privacy of my own pad i get by without hearing it but when im working,shopping,eating out or using public transport its just so in my f***** face...its so annoying and im sure there are others out there who agree

I love music...indie,old punk,Detroit Techno,dirty rock n roll,surf,80s Goth,Electronica,alternate rock and even 70s disco but i just cannot bear any rap post 1993 or RnB

Current Faves-

Eagles of Death Metal-I want you so hard
CSS- Lets make love and Listen to death from above
The Young Knives- Weekends And Bleakdays
Hot Chip- Over and Over
Killing Joke-Anything
The Fall-Anything
Beck - Cell Phones dead

-hh-
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Anyone had enough of this dumb retarted crap being in your face wherever you go?
Its all style over substance and the way they show off their gains is pretty vulgar...just watch Cribs if you can.
Is there no escape?
Is it me or is it the music of choice of the saddest bunch of fuc***ts youve ever seen?
Its turned the majority of my citys teens into a bunch of baseball cap/hoodie wearing Westwood soundalike clones...and now the tards want to share their poor taste in music by playing it on speaker on their mobile phones just in case you havent had enough!

I HATE RnB n HIP HOP! yes i agree the hip hop music surrounding most of us is mostly garbage, but you're missing out on real hip hop.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by -hh-
yes i agree the hip hop music surrounding most of us is mostly garbage, but you're missing out on real hip hop.

thumb up

I used to hate Hip-Hop, then I was alerted to the excellent side of hip-hop, and now its one of my top genres of music.

vintageSW77
I shouldve put I HATE COMMERCIAL HIP HOP n RnB

I was into rap big time in the late eighties..Krs1,P.Enemy,Rakim etc and im very knowledgable about where it came from and all the early artists and im aware of all the latest ones too and yes i realise there is a lot of quality rap around nowadays but it aint for me...maybe ive had my fill of rhymes.
Having said that i do like the odd instrumental track and find myself thinking "that would sound better without the rap " with a lot of hip hop tracks.

Blax X
I love hip-hop, and WTFHATE most rock,

Whats your point? erm

Everyone has there preferance when it comes to music, and don't act liek rock isn't shived down people's faces either. In every gay teenage romantic comedy movie, theres a massive amount of badly sang and written rock songs. All of my freinds like rock so there constantly shoving it in my face. So no I don't want to take an axe and go on a speaker smashing rampage. However, I would prefer to take a 9mm and take out a few of those really annoying, really skinny guys that dress up like girls and scream random incoherant things about f*cking the system, the devil, and love. All musics the same really.

Get over it. No point in creating a big fuss about it. I would like to do the thing I mentioned above, but I know I can't, I will never will be able to, so theres no point in wasting energy about it. matter of fact, I instead try to listen to rock music sometimes (When I can stand it) because I want to have an open mind about all forms of music. So I listen to rock even though I hate it.

vintageSW77
its a rant
rock aint in my face but wanky RnB n Commercial Hip Hop is

ive never seen a "gay teenage romantic comedy movie" but i guess your talking about the kind of flick with "young people" getting into "scrapes" with a soundtrack featuring the equally wanky SUM41 or FALL OUT BOY and i wouldnt waste 90 minuites of my pip on one of those.

All music aint the same as you stated...lyrical content usually covers the same areas e.g-
"she left me"
"i love u"
"f**k u"
"f**k the system"
"A ding ding ding ding diding pscht
Bedom bohm bom bom bom bom bom bom booourhm bedom bedom bedom bedom bom bom boohm
bedom
Bedarbedarbedarbedarbedar brrimm
blimm blamm bam ba ba ba ba
WHEEEEEEEEEE! "
etc
But it aint the same at all.

Believe me theres a lot bad in rock too...theres nothing more annoying listening to a millionaire rock artist singing about how crap and unfair their life is when youve just seen them showing off their sh*t on cribs.

C-Dic
Mainstream Hip Hop? That's the worst oxymoron floating around the music industry.

§P0oONY
I don't hate any genre of music, I like quite a bit of hip-hop, it's not my usual genre or anything but I like a few Hip-hop bands, like Dragon Ash; who mix hip-hop with rock.

Swe_Bum
Well i Agree i Hate Hip Hop and RnB too! annoying as hell mad

JacopeX
Ive noticed.

Pretty much, Modern hip hop and music is dead. sad

And hip hop is not crap. Probably listening to crap they play on the evil corporation so called MTV. Why wont you take the time and listen to the good hip hop and rap.

Blue_Hefner
Have you even listened to a real album? No, you probably just listen to those wack singles.

dani_california
Most commercial rap/hip hop is terrible but the stuff thats actually good is really good. JacopeX is right. MTV's killed every other form of music so theres no reason to stop with hip hop.

-hh-
Originally posted by C-Dic
Mainstream Hip Hop? That's the worst oxymoron floating around the music industry. how so

crazy_shadow
live in my town and you'll be surrounded by rap haters...come in...

warning!! warning!!

there are still idiots who listen to country and other idiots who listen to shit like greenday, but if you're a hardcore metal head, join my group

Just
Hate the suits not the rappers alot are told to write like that. Also like blue said most of the time its just the singles that talk that stuff.

el_barto
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
live in my town and you'll be surrounded by rap haters...come in...

warning!! warning!!

there are still idiots who listen to country and other idiots who listen to shit like greenday, but if you're a hardcore metal head, join my group

What's so wrong with listening to Green Day?

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Have you even listened to a real album? No, you probably just listen to those wack singles.

one of my workmates is on the ball with every new Hip Hop artist so i have to suffer this weeks big thing and "their Beef" with last weeks big thing on rotation until next weeks big thing and "their Beef" with last weeks next big thing........so yes i have heard a full album

vintageSW77
i should also point out he plays a lot of Hip Hop with "issues" and lots of BIG WORDS and gloomy samples and dope smokin beats
as opposed to the Intro/track bout killin/THA single/track about bangin/answer machine message insert/track about how i pray to god asking to save me from a life on THA STREETS...well following these cliches,a biog sayin youve been shot 50 times and a name producer these prayers will sure be answered/track about my dead momma/track about how to spell my N.A.M.E/track with special guest rapper who i will have a beef with by the time the cd hits the shops/outro

Madacapa
Is there no escape?

I HATE RnB n HIP HOP!

I just have one question; how old were you when you joined the KKK?

Blue_Hefner
one of my workmates is on the ball with every new Hip Hop artist so i have to suffer this weeks big thing and "their Beef" with last weeks big thing on rotation until next weeks big thing and "their Beef" with last weeks next big thing........so yes i have heard a full album

I meant a real rap album.

Broke Beat
is it me, or has anyone else noticed there has never been a i hate rock thread?

we get cats like you in the hip-hop forum at least 3-4 times a month, actually i think the stats have gone up this year.

Possible Solutions

1.Stop watching MTV
2.Turn off the Radio
3.Tell you co-worker to turn it down or off
4.Take an ipod with you or CD player with you
5.avoid people and places who like hip-hop
6.maybe try giving Hip-Hop a chance

or and i highly advise this.....

GET OVER IT!!!!!!

Graveyard Shift
Is there no escape?

I HATE RnB n HIP HOP!

Just because you don't like a certain type of music doesn't mean that it's garbage. I find your post hilarious because I doubt that you can name more than 2 rap songs that you haven't heard on the radio. Quintessential ignorance. Like another poster said, learn to live with it. I don'tlike many things that people around me like, but I don't go around complaining about it like an immature person. Differences in taste are a part of life. Don't sit here with a condenscending attitude and think that something that you don't like is trash just beause it's not your cup of tea.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by el_barto
What's so wrong with listening to Green Day? it's not real music...

amity75
Rn'B is boring pish for depressed ladies who drink a bottle of wine alone and think they're Toni Braxton. REAL hip hop cannot be faulted.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
thumb up

I used to hate Hip-Hop, then I was alerted to the excellent side of hip-hop, and now its one of my top genres of music.

Hey I didn't know you came over to the light side... big grin

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020718/14382__chuck_l.jpg
Chuck D says: don't believe the hype! cool

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Broke Beat
is it me, or has anyone else noticed there has never been a i hate rock thread?

we get cats like you in the hip-hop forum at least 3-4 times a month, actually i think the stats have gone up this year.

Possible Solutions

1.Stop watching MTV
2.Turn off the Radio
3.Tell you co-worker to turn it down or off
4.Take an ipod with you or CD player with you
5.avoid people and places who like hip-hop
6.maybe try giving Hip-Hop a chance

or and i highly advise this.....

MyReply

I tried the above but its impossible i dont paticularly want to walk round with earplugs in everywhere i go as much as i love my MP3...only way id avoid this whole overkill of Hip Hop culture is to commit an act that will render me blind and deaf
i can name a whole bunch of underground hip hop tracks/artists as stated but why bother...if i didnt all id have to do is put in top ten underground hip hop classic cds on google and there you go
BTW i was into hip hop n rap from 86-89..its golden age P.E,KRS,Scott La Rock,Roxanne Shante and saw most of em live in the days when Hip Hop WAS underground
i have been around people all my life who love hip hop underground and mtv hip hop
I HAVE JUST HAD MY FILL

vintageSW77
Today i have had to suffer an "ironic" Eminem/Eye of the tiger Mash Up whilst browsing dvds
Dj Yoda and his new track which did nothing for me other than to show me much turntablism has advanced since the days of Dj Jazzy Jeff,Cash Money and Dj Cheese..e.g not much
the delightful Chamillinoinaire and his Ridin single which has the same airplay rotation and effect as the Ten More Days To Halloween ditty in HALLOWEEN 3 SEASON OF THE WITCH
and the obligitary playing of THE NEXT EPISODE by DRE by a passenger on the bus via tinny speaker on mobile phone for all the passengers going home after a hard days work........really,you shouldnt have!
I also found myself deeply disturbed by the fact i caught myself nodding my head in time to a bit of DR OCTAGON whilst i brushed my teeth...it aint all bad!

my day trying to exist without Hip Hop

-hh-
Today i have had to suffer an "ironic" Eminem/Eye of the tiger Mash Up whilst browsing dvds
Dj Yoda and his new track which did nothing for me other than to show me much turntablism has advanced since the days of Dj Jazzy Jeff,Cash Money and Dj Cheese..e.g not much
the delightful Chamillinoinaire and his Ridin single which has the same airplay rotation and effect as the Ten More Days To Halloween ditty in HALLOWEEN 3 SEASON OF THE WITCH
and the obligitary playing of THE NEXT EPISODE by DRE by a passenger on the bus via tinny speaker on mobile phone for all the passengers going home after a hard days work........really,you shouldnt have!
I also found myself deeply disturbed by the fact i caught myself nodding my head in time to a bit of DR OCTAGON whilst i brushed my teeth...it aint all bad!

my day trying to exist without Hip Hop

Hip Hop

1987-1996

R.I.P.

stick out tongue there are still tons of great albums coming out by great artists/groups.

vintageSW77, you should check out these mc's:

www.rhymesayers.com

www.definitivejux.com

www.qn5.com

hip hop is still alive

vintageSW77
will do
always open to new stuff

currently listening to Blue Flowers by Doctor Octagon...now theres a piece of music

apologies to the true Underground Hip Hop heads of KMC.....having said that one of you can be found bigging up HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL elswhere on this site.....u get nothin.

-hh-
blue flowers love laughing out loud

classic kool keith

i remember octagon II released...i read bad reviews. never got a chance to check it out.

B dot Rob
You hate RNB!?

What you need is pussy.

Broke Beat
while your at it check out Shades of Blue by Madlib if you want some sick ass jazz, and while your at that listen to some Count Bass D and Quasimoto/Madlib's Unseen. that was my hip-hop slice of cake for today

big grin
Shades of Blue
Begborrowsteel
The Unseen

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by B dot Rob
You hate RNB!?

What you need is pussy. lol, that sounds like something someone in the "real world" would say.

-hh-
while your at it check out Shades of Blue by Madlib if you want some sick ass jazz, and while your at that listen to some Count Bass D and Quasimoto/Madlib's Unseen. that was my hip-hop slice of cake for today

big grin
Shades of Blue
Begborrowsteel
The Unseen good call thumb up

lord xyz
Originally posted by Impediment
Then don't listen to it. I prefer metal, punk rock, hardcore, and Johnny Cash. I can't stand rap, so I don't listen to it. Some rap's okay. Hip hop, is something else and bad, RnB is bad, and sub-genres of RnB and Rap are bad.

In England all the chavs play this music called TFI in lesson. It is so shit, you wouldn't believe it when you here it.

-hh-
Originally posted by lord xyz
Some rap's okay. Hip hop, is something else and bad, RnB is bad, and sub-genres of RnB and Rap are bad.

In England all the chavs play this music called TFI in lesson. It is so shit, you wouldn't believe it when you here it.

you do not know the difference between Hip Hop and Rap.

lord xyz
you do not know the difference between Hip Hop and Rap. When I say Hip hop I was refering to that whiny black guy music shit.

Rap in general is okay though.

Broke Beat
so i guess we can call mainstream rock, screaming crying white guy shit right?

but rock in general is alright

-hh-
When I say Hip hop I was refering to that whiny black guy music shit.

Rap in general is okay though. thats my point, you dont understand the difference between the two.

RAP is not a GENRE, Hip Hop is the genre.

"Rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live"- Krs-One

Just
so i guess we can call mainstream rock, screaming crying white guy shit right?

but rock in general is alright

lol

Inspectah Deck
Hip hop, is something else and bad

no expression

Broke Beat
he dosent have the slightest clue what hes talking about

Quiero Mota
Is there no escape?

I HATE RnB n HIP HOP!

Why do you hate both rap and r&b? Other than being Black-dominated, they're not alike.

And so what if you hate rap? Is it worth making post over, ese? I hate pretty much all rock that was made after 1980, but I don't b*tch about it because I kow nobody cares and it won't accomplish anything.

However I'll admit that modern rap sucks; the late 80's to the mid 90's ain't called Hip Hop's Golden Age for nothing, homes. Orale! smokin'

thats my point, you dont understand the difference between the two.

RAP is not a GENRE, Hip Hop is the genre.

"Rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live"- Krs-One

We know, but the 2 words are interchangeable and basically synonymous. When someone says "I like rap", you know exactly what they mean.

vintageSW77
jesus................ever wish u never created a topic

Fawne
Is there no escape?

I HATE RnB n HIP HOP!

well it is true that you don't have to listen to it..but i agree with you 100%..okay 97% 'cause i like a few rnb songs but no rap songs

vintageSW77
Thats not the case my whole point no matter how hard you try its unavoidable...the only way to escape would be to pitch up in the Artic but what with the way things are youd probably end up suffering the delights of ESKIMO G THE INUIT M.C before being harpooned in a Sleigh By Shooting.

day after day im battered over the head with it..on Saturday night with friends drinking i had to sample the delights of Tupac California Love and some guy goin on (to an ok backing track)bout how he "kicked and pushed,Kicked and pushed" and it did my head in...this wasnt a Hip Hop night by the way it was a regular bar.......now how do i not listen to that
fortunatley later we found a bar which played amongst others The Frattellis,The Clash and GALVANISE by The Chemical Brothers(featuring Q Tip in which yes he raps but the production on that tune MORE than makes up for it and despite wanting to sound contrary i dont mind a small bit of Q Tip...a relic of THE GOLDEN AGE)....so it all turned out ok...a temporary relief

(NICE SIG...heard shes playing JANIS shes way too cute but thats Hollywood)

Madacapa
Hip Hop

1987-1996

R.I.P.

Kevin Federline has resurrected Hip Hop!

Broke Beat
Thats not the case my whole point no matter how hard you try its unavoidable...the only way to escape would be to pitch up in the Artic but what with the way things are youd probably end up suffering the delights of ESKIMO G THE INUIT M.C before being harpooned in a Sleigh By Shooting.

day after day im battered over the head with it..on Saturday night with friends drinking i had to sample the delights of Tupac California Love and some guy goin on (to an ok backing track)bout how he "kicked and pushed,Kicked and pushed" and it did my head in...this wasnt a Hip Hop night by the way it was a regular bar.......now how do i not listen to that
fortunatley later we found a bar which played amongst others The Frattellis,The Clash and GALVANISE by The Chemical Brothers(featuring Q Tip in which yes he raps but the production on that tune MORE than makes up for it and despite wanting to sound contrary i dont mind a small bit of Q Tip...a relic of THE GOLDEN AGE)....so it all turned out ok...a temporary relief

(NICE SIG...heard shes playing JANIS shes way too cute but thats Hollywood) see, i thought you didnt like the music and you were just voicing your opinion, but now your just starting to sound like another close-minded idiot. The song Kick Push by Lupe Fiasco is one of many good hip-hop songs by an MC who uses story-telling as his style of rap. The song is about skateboarding and free riding, but apparently all you got out of it was "kick push kick push."

If you cant learn to deal with change, then yeah, you deserve to get banged on the head with it (change that is) until you learn to deal with it and except it. crying and b!thching about is useless and most of all annoying. do you really think anyone gives a flying F8ck whether you like rap or not, honestly if i didn't like rap, the last thing i would want to hear is somebody crying about how its "forced" into there lives.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Madacapa
Kevin Federline has resurrected Hip Hop! who?

Phat J
who?
the rap god kevin federline, get with it man fack.

vintageSW77
see, i thought you didnt like the music and you were just voicing your opinion, but now your just starting to sound like another close-minded idiot. The song Kick Push by Lupe Fiasco is one of many good hip-hop songs by an MC who uses story-telling as his style of rap. The song is about skateboarding and free riding, but apparently all you got out of it was "kick push kick push."

If you cant learn to deal with change, then yeah, you deserve to get banged on the head with it (change that is) until you learn to deal with it and except it. crying and b!thching about is useless and most of all annoying. do you really think anyone gives a flying F8ck whether you like rap or not, honestly if i didn't like rap, the last thing i would want to hear is somebody crying about how its "forced" into there lives.

Forgive me for not getting much out of a rap about skateboarding....i never noticed at the time but i guess the lyrics are REAL deep!
Hang on ive just checked....yip they are up there with that other skate "classic" Heaven is a Halfpipe.........NEXT!!!
Im sure Mr Fiasco and his novel and unique(!) approach of telling a story with his rap compensates for his unimaginative use of samples e.g his new track DAYDREAM for instance which was sampled by both THE BETA BAND and I MONSTER about 5 years ago.
I await his next single where he tells a story(in rap ) about takin a crap with a chorus of "he squeezed and pushed,squeezed and pushed"

BTW A closed minded idiot critisizes something he usually knows nothing about....oh if only that was the case!

I thought this post would start a debate about the overkill of Hip Hop RnB culture in todays society but it aint happened

COAST!

Broke Beat
are you serious?erm

how are you not a close-minded idiot.....? by your definition and everything that you've posted in this worthless and played out thread, your right on the ball. you dont know shit about the hip-hop culture, yet you say theres an overkill of it in today's society, thats pop thats not hip-hop. not only that, you apprently hate hip-hop so much that you decided to make thread about it, hoping to deabte the subject (or so you say) , but so far all you've done is cry, b!tch, and tell us about your shitty ass days, as if anyone cares. Do you know anything about today's hip-hop genre, or hip-hop in general for that matter ?

ohh yeah....and where in my post did i say Lupe's song was deep, i just said it was one of many good hip-hop songs from a good artist, that you havent taken the time to listen to, but have wonderfully taken the time to criticise....sound kinda familiar huh?

vintageSW77
1982 - bought Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five WHEELS OF STEEL and THE MESSAGE
1983 - bought Malcolm Mclarens BUFFALO GALS
1983 - discovered Electro..Afrika Bambaata,Cybotron,Hashim,Newcleus etc learned to breakdance,took up graffitti and saw Granmaster Melle Mel n the furious 5 live..
http://www.electrofunkroots.co.uk/
1984 - The year Breakdancing became a phenomenon....was part of it
Manchester was ROCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1985 - RUN DMC obsessed,watched the movie WILDSTYLE so much i f***ed up the VHS copy
1986 - Beasties,Run Dmc,LLCool J,Eric B N Rakim and PUBLIC ENEMY all visited my city and was there at every (YO BUM RUSH)show
1987 - THE GOLDEN AGE - was buying so much Vinyl i never had time to listen to em all..the year i discovered KRS 1 and DJ Scott La Rock,JUST ICE,MANTRONNNNNNNNNNNIX,Stesasonic,EPMD,Kool MOE DEE,Shante,Marley Marl,Steady B,a tribe called quest,JVC FORCE..i could go on forever
1988 - STRAIGHT OUT OF COMPTON.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but then i started to lose interest which finally died around the time of the G FUNK era.....since then i have observed Hip Hop from afar and due to my purchases of music mags,friends and "the overkill"(T.M) ive always known whats happening in the Hip Hop world.
I usually hear 1 track i like a year..last year it was Bustah Ryhmes -TOUCH IT(stripped down and no frills...like the good ole days)...maybe its the DAFT PUNK sample
and this year it was the instrumental version of BRAND NEW by Ryhmefest...note the words instrumental...mebbe these are on the commercial side but i AM familiar with a host of underground acts but i dont get nothing from them either.
and Lupe Fiascos last 2 singles......id say ive heard them a good few times....Daydream maybe a few too many.

So yes you could say i know a little thing or two about Hip Hop

I have had a PM from a member of this board and its made me think,take a step back so as of now im knocking this on the head.

vintageSW77
http://www.guycalledgerald.com/radio/nosellout1.htm
Early Rap/Electro Classics from the beginning

Probably the greatest mix you will ever hear?
Possibly not but its up there.
The soundtrack for the cool kids of Manchester in the UK 20 years ago.

Broke Beat
1982 - bought Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five WHEELS OF STEEL and THE MESSAGE
1983 - bought Malcolm Mclarens BUFFALO GALS
1983 - discovered Electro..Afrika Bambaata,Cybotron,Hashim,Newcleus etc learned to breakdance,took up graffitti and saw Granmaster Melle Mel n the furious 5 live..
http://www.electrofunkroots.co.uk/
1984 - The year Breakdancing became a phenomenon....was part of it
Manchester was ROCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1985 - RUN DMC obsessed,watched the movie WILDSTYLE so much i f***ed up the VHS copy
1986 - Beasties,Run Dmc,LLCool J,Eric B N Rakim and PUBLIC ENEMY all visited my city and was there at every (YO BUM RUSH)show
1987 - THE GOLDEN AGE - was buying so much Vinyl i never had time to listen to em all..the year i discovered KRS 1 and DJ Scott La Rock,JUST ICE,MANTRONNNNNNNNNNNIX,Stesasonic,EPMD,Kool MOE DEE,Shante,Marley Marl,Steady B,a tribe called quest,JVC FORCE..i could go on forever
1988 - STRAIGHT OUT OF COMPTON.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but then i started to lose interest which finally died around the time of the G FUNK era.....since then i have observed Hip Hop from afar and due to my purchases of music mags,friends and "the overkill"(T.M) ive always known whats happening in the Hip Hop world.
I usually hear 1 track i like a year..last year it was Bustah Ryhmes -TOUCH IT(stripped down and no frills...like the good ole days)...maybe its the DAFT PUNK sample
and this year it was the instrumental version of BRAND NEW by Ryhmefest...note the words instrumental...mebbe these are on the commercial side but i AM familiar with a host of underground acts but i dont get nothing from them either.
and Lupe Fiascos last 2 singles......id say ive heard them a good few times....Daydream maybe a few too many.

So yes you could say i know a little thing or two about Hip Hop

I have had a PM from a member of this board and its made me think,take a step back so as of now im knocking this on the head. ok... none of that bustah rhymes mess is hip-hop, let me break it down for you.

Not Hip-Hip
Nelly
50 Cent
Rick Ross
Dipset
Lil Waye
D4L
Franchise Boys
Yo-Gotti
DMX
Lil'Jon
Mike Jones
Paul Wall

Hip-Hop
Cannibal Ox
Chino XL
Kool G Rap
Little Brother
Supastition
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
MF Doom
Park-Like Setting
Kool Keith
Common
Murs
Juice

Hip-Hop has always been around, its just changed. I dont know why you didnt include the early to mid 90s either. Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest? KMD? Wu Tang Clan? Big daddy kane? they were killing it during 90s, IMO the golden ages passed around 95, when it started dividing into to Mainstream with the rise of Coporate Labels, and Underground which stayed with Independet labels. Trust me, man there is good hip-hop out there, just look for it.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Phat J
the rap god kevin federline, get with it man fack.
lol talking like that is the reason why rappers get stereotyped

JohnnyDo3
im a musician hell I listen to all kinds of stuff but I hate the new hip hop all they do is talk about bitches, hoes, cash bling bling and shit

-hh-
Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
im a musician hell I listen to all kinds of stuff but I hate the new hip hop all they do is talk about bitches, hoes, cash bling bling and shit on point 100%. MOST of todays hip hop the mainstream offers is complete garbage.

Phat J
lol talking like that is the reason why rappers get stereotyped
i dont get it confused

vintageSW77
noted...............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.