Is Breakfast Really that Important?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-breakfast18sep18,0,2213526.story?coll=la-home-health

i hope this is true, since i hardly ever have breakfast, unless coffee is considered breakfast.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I always eat breakfast. If I don't, I find I don't have much energy in the morning. I thought the whole deal with the eating breakfast thing was that it gets the metabolism going? Works for me.

Council#13
I used to skip breakfast for an additional half-hour of sleep erm

crickey77
THis is good to know -- thanks for hte article. I have been trying to tell my friend this and he thinks it is BS but now I have an article to send him.

PVS
Originally posted by Council#13

same for me

i find that i have much more energy by claiming that extra sleep.
as far as skipping meals, if im really hungry i eat. if not, i dont.
i dont believe we have to follow a set eating schedual.

but then again everyone's body is different. some people only feel healthy
with like 5 scattered meals throughout the day

xmarksthespot
It's important. That being said I rarely eat breakfast, generally my caffeine fix starts my day.

Mišt
Originally posted by PVS
i hope this is true, since i hardly ever have breakfast, unless coffee is considered breakfast.

Same for me, either cause Im just not hungry or I dont have time. I dont want to eat breakfast for the sake of eating breakfast.

But it depends on your lifestyle I believe, at the moment Im doing just fine without breakfast...Ill eat a bigger lunch, or eat earlier if I get hungry. However in the next few months Ill be starting weight/fitness training, and I was talking to a mate who knows all the diet/workout side of it and he tells me Ill need to starting increasing breakfast intake to burn while training otherwise I wont have the energy, so it'll change for me.

Your own choice to eat breakfast srug

Naz
I have to eat breakfast, else I'll start getting faint around third period.

BobbyD
....been scientifically proven that MOST thin people eat a breakfast every morning.

Shakyamunison
I always have a slimfast and a yogurt. That probably does not count as a good breakfast.

botankus
I miss waking up at 1PM, rolling out of bed and onto a 12-pack of beer.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by botankus

Those were the days. smile

BobbyD

The question is: empty or full ones? evil face

Either response is bad. laughing

BlackSunshine
I never eat breakfast.

Lana
Originally posted by Council#13

Me too, that and I'm very rarely hungry before early afternoon.

If I do eat before 2pm, it's usually me drinking a coffee and picking apart a bagel or something while in class.

PVS

damn, that sounds painful

Soleran
Part of the preimse behind eating the break-fast is that it encourages more even distrubtion of calories in the day. (from a nutritional standpoint I mean.)

Eating breakfast can help with afternoon binge eating, and low energy in the morning.

Also I was going to add if you're going to skip a meal go for dinner its when most people over eat anyway as opposed to breakfast.

Frigid Soul
I always eat breakfast.

Skipping it messes with your blood sugar.

redcaped
I have no schedule, normally I take lunch as breakfast after I wake up some time around 10am-12pm. And what I have for lunch can also fit into the category of breakfast.

Kayne Archeron
it is good to keep a maintained eating schedule, that way your body knows what to do with what you take in so it doesn't freak out about whether it should completely digest something or transfer it to fat

Fishy
I'd die before afternoon without breakfast... I can't take a single step after 10 on a normal day if I didn't have anything to eat.

Jedi Priestess
Rarely have eaten breakfast. The thought of food in the morning makes me feel sick.

FeceMan
Succumbing to hunger demonstrates weakness of character. I haven't eaten in over a year.

BackFire
I'm kinda all over the place here, sometimes I'll make a huge breakfast for myself when I wake up (generally around noon or 1pm), eggs, bacon, a waffle, big glass of milk and OJ, or sometimes I'll just have a little bowl of cerial or sometimes nothing at all.

I do find that when I don't eat something when I wake up, I'm more hungry later on or crave a late night snack, which isn't a good thing. Or I end up stuffing my face at dinner, which also isn't good.

RedAlertv2
I think its probably possible for most people to adjust to not eating breakfast, but personally if I go without Im starving 2 hours before lunch period.

Lumanix
It kickstarts your metabolism, so if you're trying to lose weight, eating a breakfast is important.

Bardock42
Hmm, I think my first meal ever was lunch....and I haven't stopped eating since..so I guess, no, I don't eat breakfast.

Robby001
Originally posted by Lumanix
It kickstarts your metabolism, so if you're trying to lose weight, eating a breakfast is important.

I had read somewhere that the reason it is called Breakfast is because it is Breaking your fast. Lumanix is right your metabolism increases when you eat but you can't be a pig about it . velho

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
when I wake up, I'm more hungry later on or crave a late night snack, which isn't a good thing. Or I end up stuffing my face at dinner, which also isn't good.

the key to that is control. it takes something like 20 minutes for your brain to recognise that your stomach is full enough, so the more hungry you feel prior to eating, the more youll schoff. if you eat a normal portion regardless, and wait a bit, your hunger will be gone.

botankus
I think we should all post what we've eaten for breakfast every morning. You know, keep this thread on the main page for years to come.

I had a 6-pack of those orange cheese crackers. People in the South call them Nabs, but I've always called them crackers.

PVS
im having coffee. sometimes ill have a chocolate chip cookie with that coffee, but not today.

botankus
Oh, coffee's a given. PVS, you'll appreciate this: My coffee mug at work says "Moo Jersey" and has a stoned-looking cow on it.

PVS
mine says "i dont get no respect", double negative included....making it false......because i get no respect

Bardock42
I had Frosted Flakes..which we in Germany call "Frosties"...which is convenient cause it saves me the time of saying "Flakes" ...and "ed" ...but I have to say "ies" so that is not that convenient...they taste good. I like trees.

Soleran
Yeah for breakfast it was Carolina BBQ, smoked pulled pig shoulder on an onion roll, awesome breakfast.

botankus
Originally posted by Bardock42
they taste good.
You're supposed to say "Theyyyyre Grrrreat!!!"

Say it or die.

Originally posted by Soleran
Yeah for breakfast it was Carolina BBQ, smoked pulled pig shoulder on an onion roll, awesome breakfast.
That is good stuff. Damn, Sol, me and you's got to meet for breakfast some time. You can buy, if you want.

Bardock42

Say it or die.

Very well...death it is.

PVS

Say it or die.

Damn, Sol, me and you's got to meet for breakfast some time. You can buy, if you want.

laughing out loud that slogan is so imbedded in my subconscious that i actually heard tony the tiger saying that as i read it. the power of conditioning via repetition through television

Bardock42
The slogan in Germany was for quite some time "They wake the tiger in you" .... weird...but damn they had a funny commercial, it involved some good goal keeper...football commercials are fun...you had that too? Huh? HUH?

botankus
The slogan in Germany was for quite some time "They wake the tiger in you"
That sounds more like an ad for an aphrodesiac.

Bardock42
That sounds more like an ad for an aphrodesiac.

Germans seem to like tigers....an Exxon (which we still call Esso) commercial was called "Put the Tiger in the tank" .... good thing we don't have PETA ..animal cruelty and all.

PVS
The slogan in Germany was for quite some time "They wake the tiger in you" .... weird...but damn they had a funny commercial, it involved some good goal keeper...football commercials are fun...you had that too? Huh? HUH?
no no its:
"they wake the ubermensch in you"

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
no no its:
"they wake the ubermensch in you" SHUT UP...PUBLIC RELATIONS SAY NOT TO TELL ANYONE

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by PVS
http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-breakfast18sep18,0,2213526.story?coll=la-home-health

I'm Mexican; I always have a huge breakfast.

Robby001
I have to keep it real with my man Lucky eat with Lucky Charms.

debbiejo
I never eat until about 3pm in the afternoon..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.