WHY was this closed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
I have to ask, why was the following thread closed?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t423424.html

I am really surprised and disappointed by the reaction to the thread starter's request for ideas and suggestions.

I know 'Please Do My Homework For Me' threads don't go down too well and I understand fully, I usually ignore them myself, but on this occasion the thread starter didn't ask anyone to do the work for them.

I'm shocked by the response, to be perfectly honest. I don't think the thread should have been closed, at all. If you don't agree with lending someone a hand then fine, don't. But I'm sure there are others out there who would have offered some suggestions and the like.

I sincerely hope those of you who refused to even discuss the topic politely get stuck on something soon and find that no one wants to help you out.

willRules
Yeah the response to the request was cruel yes

stormlover
I quite agree. yes

Mortalitas
I thought that it was pointless to have the thread closed. The person wasn't asking for us to do the homework for him/her at all. And it has to do with HP characters

nehaa
i thnk the hwk thread was supposed to be asked in ask hermione thread srry if i am wrong

x_hp_fan
I agree w/ yall. That person wasn't asking us to do their hmwk they just thought that it might be an interesting topic. erm

Mortalitas
Originally posted by nehaa
i thnk the hwk thread was supposed to be asked in ask hermione thread srry if i am wrong

I've seen other threads that should've been asked in that thread, and they weren't closed.

Unicor777
Completelly agree. If you need something like that, this is one of the places to get ideas for surre. Lets see pehaps the mods would consider to reopen it, and those that don't like it, can stay out
wink

Syren
Thanks for the responses, I hope the thread is opened again. It should not have been closed.

Elessea
Yeah, I simply found it an interesting topic to discuss. I'm porbably not even using a hp character for the assignment, i was just like "hey- i've never though about this. maybe we could use something new to talk about since the forums here are dying with old alerady been disccussed topics, but apparently not.

If people would rather open 80 million threads to discuss who the hottest hp actor is than have intelligant thought-provoking discussions on other things.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Elessea

If people would rather open 80 million threads to discuss who the hottest hp actor is than have intelligant thought-provoking discussions on other things.

That thread is still used? O.o

Elessea
it was an example....but whatever.

Syren
Sorry Elessea, I don't think you were treated at all fairly erm

Elessea
it really doesn't matter. if people want to be stupid and immature, let them. these boards will never get past that

Unicor777
i sent a message to one of the mods requesting to reopen the thread. Lets see what happens.

Elessea
Originally posted by The Phantom
That thread is still used? O.o
My bad. The new hot topic is "harry is GAY. Draco is GAY. They're lovers!"

Syren
laughing out loud

Elessea
These boards are never going to change.

Its kind of sad really. I used to love coming here, but now its nearly impossible to find intelligant conversation.

ashle
Originally posted by Elessea
These boards are never going to change.

Its kind of sad really. I used to love coming here, but now its nearly impossible to find intelligant conversation.
hey,oh sorry.meet you at 3 broomstcks lol

RoguePw25
Syren, If you had any questions or concerns, you can ALWAYS PM me and discuss it maturely. There was no reason to start an entire topic on this. I am the one who closed the thread and if you wanted to know why I did this, you really should have contacted me via PM NOT start a general topic like this in the open forums. IMO, you starting this thread was more about you getting back at the people who replied to the thread you are referring to and that is wrong.

Elessa if you have any quesitons abou me closing your thread, feel free to contact me. I have no problem with you asking for homework or something, but we can not have 50 threads of people asking for homework. I've been through that before. Feel free to use the Ask Hermione Questions thread for your assignment, thanks.

CLOSED.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.