Political Correctness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
There is an increasing use of political correctness in our society today.

People tend to to overwhelmingly agree, that utilising it, brings about more tolerance and stops people from offending one another and creating conflict.

Improper use of certain ''politically incorrect'' words, leads to a branding of a person, with such titles as ''bigot'' ''racist'' and ''hate mongler''.

So I pose a question-

What do you think the main use for Political correctness is?

Is it a very useful tool in our society to prevent hate preaching and encourage tolerance, or is it a sophisticated and equaly dangerous form of censorship?

botankus
Yeah, I've always felt the censorship part to be a bit baffling. We live in a world with people enjoying movies that always try to push the bar to its max (Hostel, Kids, Clerks, etc....), yet they will gasp if they hear a word that offends them. What gives?

If someone says those movies offend them, they counter with "what's so offensive about that? It's just a drill shoved down someone's throat / It's just 15-year olds doing it / it's just a thousand f-bombs in a two-minute span", yet they scream bloody hell if, for example, someone on a talk show uses a phrase that makes them feel uncomfortable.

Take Isaac Hayes, for example. South Park took a shot at EVERYBODY (everybody), yet when they finally got around to Scientology, which Hayes follows, he cried and quit the show. Now that makes a lot of sense.

PVS
at best its a show of respect, and at worst its an annoying alteration of language.
either way i dont see it as dangerous

Fëanor
It's sad that society has gone PC. Have we gotten so thin skinned that a few choice words can incite or bring us to near insanity? If someone called me an Asian Gook...what's to be pissed off about that? Just shows the idiots ignorance. But talk about my momma and oh it's on! Seriously, I feel being PC is ridiculous, unnecessary and just shows our lack of dialogue towards each other.

Lord Urizen
We should be able to insult any one we want, as long as there's no hatred involved roll eyes (sarcastic)

redcaped
When I say people I include everybody alive. Nobody seems to learn before a war or destruction...primitive life forms.

Frigid Soul
It's overdone. I agree with Feanor; its stupid to take some general so personal.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Frigid Soul
It's overdone. I agree with Feanor; its stupid to take some general so personal. thank you very much...

botankus

Fëanor
Originally posted by botankus
Your momma burnt my french toast when I left her house after breakfast the other day. Get her some cooking classes!!!! HEY!!! i like burnt french toast. it's to die for. really.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
We should be able to insult any one we want, as long as there's no hatred involved roll eyes (sarcastic)

Noone on this planet has the right NOT to be insulted.

Fëanor
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Noone on this planet has the right NOT to be insulted. blink

i'm lost in the semantics of that. are you saying that we HAVE the right to insult anyone we want to...or that we DON'T have the right?

if someone insults me and i say F*CK OFF, YA HAG! then go about our way...now that would be a good thing.

Bardock42
I don't get it..is it some kind of twisted joke played on my innocent brain?

PVS
i think what she means is that not everyone doesnt have the right to not refrain from not insulting anyone

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i think what she means is that not everyone doesnt have the right to not refrain from not insulting anyone

Sounds fair.

PVS
no, now its doesnt make any sense.

Fëanor
neither does being PC

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
no, now its doesnt make any sense.

Shut up...it's the first sentence in this thread that remotely covers a piece of sense....including this one..since it didn't make sense.

lil bitchiness

BackFire
Political Correctness is pointless and shitty. It's used by cowards without a sense of humor who don't want to fess up to the problems existing in the world, and would rather just ignore them by making everyone use friendly, annoying language. Cripples are "Differently Abled" Black people are "African American" or worse "Dark Skinned people" Mexicans are "Latinos". It's a bunch of shit.

Fëanor
Sorry my bad.

What I meant to say is ''no one has the right to not be insulted by anyone else'.

PVS got it right.

Freedom of speach guarantees that someone will be insulted. I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! we all have the right to say whatever we want....whether it hurts their feelings or not.

Fishy
I hate it...

It prevents people from calling the problem a problem, if a certain type of people cause more trouble everybody knows it but nobody says it, then nothing will happen about it. You need to call a problem a problem before you can fix it, being politically correct will perhaps prevent those people from feeling shitty, but they are shitty all the same and that won't change unless you call them shitty and help them get some toilet paper to clean it up... And if you don't call them shitty you can't give them toiletpaper either.

And then there is another thing that sucks, its actually insulting. Take African American for example, that would imply that every black person is an American from Africa, which is bullshit. A black person from Europe is not an african American. He's Dutch, or British or German or whatever doesn't matter. He isn't from America anyway.

And how about white people from Africa living in the US, they are African Americans and they are called white. So it can actually create confusion misunderstanding and label people into something they are not. Not to mention PC also means Censorship and if there is anything that sucks its Censorship.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
Political Correctness is pointless and shitty. It's used by cowards without a sense of humor who don't want to fess up to the problems existing in the world, and would rather just ignore them by making everyone use friendly, annoying language. Cripples are "Differently Abled" Black people are "African American" or worse "Dark Skinned people" Mexicans are "Latinos". It's a bunch of shit.

thats pigeonholing the issue. 'political correctness' is just as vague as politics. it could mean being forced to say AF-RI-CAN-A-ME-RI-CAN as opposed to black, which most black people dont give a shit about. however it also applies to a standard of conduct and politeness, or rather lack of ignorant insults toward someone different.

BackFire
Both of which have no right being forced upon anyone, and still falls under the realm of pretentious bullshit. Most people are going to be polite and not randomly insult other people just out of common human decency. Don't need political correctness dictating what we can and can't say because we might hurt someones precious feelings. Again, it's just a lazy way of stupid people to try and ignore the problems of the world rather then fessing up to them and facing them.

§P0oONY
Being PC is like being gay.... Wrong...

Nah, that was just a bit of humour...

Political correctness has gone a bit mad but I'm not that bothered, you can be as un-PC as you wish as long as you don't cross over a certain line....

Fishy
Both of which have no right being forced upon anyone, and still falls under the realm of pretentious bullshit. Most people are going to be polite and not randomly insult other people just out of common human decency. Don't need political correctness dictating what we can and can't say because we might hurt someones precious feelings. Again, it's just a lazy way of stupid people to try and ignore the problems of the world rather then fessing up to them and facing them.

Adding to that, if I want to insult random people PC bullshit won't stop me, or anybody else for that matter.

Bardock42

redcaped
My race? I'm from KMC

KharmaDog

Political correctness is a tool used by many to hide their biases/predjudices and personal opinons behind carefully crafted and socially accepted buzz words and phrases.

People used to know how to be civil to eachother, but now they hide behind political correctness and often seem to use it as a "get out of jail free" card.

Ladyluck
Political correctness is retarded. no expression

stick out tongue

I think it has gone a bit overboard. People are way too sensitive these days. I think it's silly to be offended by such a general comment.

Well said. I agree.

redcaped
I love that smilie from a female.

PVS

its not forced on anyone, unless you consider a standard of conduct not enforced by any law to be forceful. why is it automatically concluded that this is somehow an intrusion on one's rights? you have the right to insult anyone you wish.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
its not forced on anyone, unless you consider a standard of conduct not enforced by any law to be forceful. why is it automatically concluded that this is somehow an intrusion on one's rights? you have the right to insult anyone you wish.

But that is why I said in my original post, that people using ''politically incorrect' words are labeled as bigoted and hate monglers.

And that is why, I suggested it might be a very sophisticated form of senosrship.
It is this which makes it tad a bit dangerous.

And it is, in a sense, a clear contradiction to the idea of freedom of speach.

PVS
But that is why I said in my original post, that people using ''politically incorrect' words are labeled as bigoted and hate monglers.

And that is why, I suggested it might be a very sophisticated form of senosrship.
It is this which makes it tad a bit dangerous.

And it is, in a sense, a clear contradiction to the idea of freedom of speach.

and you are wrong. it has nothing to do at all with freedom of speech.
you are free to insult who you please.

you have the right to fart in an evevator, not hold a door for anyone, call a black man a ******, and pretty much do or say anything insulting so long as you dont put anyone in danger. no law is in place or hinted to be in place which infringes on this right...just dont burn a piece of red white and blue fabric in america or do a nazi salute in germany......yeah i dont get it either

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by PVS
and you are wrong. it has nothing to do at all with freedom of speech.
you are free to insult who you please.

you have the right to fart in an evevator, not hold a door for anyone, call a black man a ******, and pretty much do or say anything insulting so long as you dont put anyone in danger. no law is in place or hinted to be in place which infringes on this right...just dont burn a piece of red white and blue fabric in america or do a nazi salute in germany......yeah i dont get it either

laughing out loud

Bardock42
I totally agree, as long as there are no official committees to determine what should be used.

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS

Because, as I said, it's for the lazy and stupid who would rather simply ignore problems by simply stamping out the words, rather than dealing with the ideas behind them, which is dangerous. I'm not trying to say that it is being forced on people, but the pressure to comply with PC is strong, and if you don't comply many people will meet you with negativity and hostility, or think something is wrong with you. In short, the world would be a better place if the PC mindset didn't exist. We should exterminate it at all costs *hitler salute*.

PVS
Because, as I said, it's for the lazy and stupid who would rather simply ignore problems by simply stamping out the words, rather than dealing with the ideas behind them, which is dangerous. I'm not trying to say that it is being forced on people, but the pressure to comply with PC is strong, and if you don't comply many people will meet you with negativity and hostility, or think something is wrong with you. In short, the world would be a better place if the PC mindset didn't exist. We should exterminate it at all costs *hitler salute*.

not really. take "african american". the only people who seem offended by the term "black" seem to be smug white pc thugs. so thats the idiotic side of pc. however the practical side: black people in general take offense to being called a "negro". so, whats wrong with...not calling them a negro. that is PC as well.
all it is, is a standard of conduct. it is warped and abused by some as a means of shooting to a moral high ground propelled by the hot air from their asses, but that doesnt destroy the validity of standards of conduct and respect between people who differ.

BackFire
But not calling them a negro doesn't have to be pressured by the PC crowd, most will simply do so because they are decent people, not to be "politically correct". My point is that the idea behind political correctness makes it easier for people to abuse it and use it for their own agenda.

Either way, Political Correctness is actually forced upon some. We can thank political correctness for making it so hard for a good, funny show to be edgy, because many shows simply can't say certain things because it isn't "PC".

PVS
But not calling them a negro doesn't have to be pressured by the PC crowd, most will simply do so because they are decent people, not to be "politically correct". My point is that the idea behind political correctness makes it easier for people to abuse it and use it for their own agenda.

but the simple act of consciously not calling someone what they dont want to be called, based on their difference from you, is political correctness. its too late. you're already PC. thats the idea behind it.

people then corrupt that idea. but the idea in itself is not the problem.

BackFire
You seem to mistake political correctness with simple morals and politeness, they aren't the same thing. Not calling someone a racial slur isn't inherently being poitically correct, it depends on your reasons for not calling them that slur. If one doesn't say it because they know it's against the standard, then that's being politically correct, not saying it because you have no interest in saying it is not.

PVS
You seem to mistake political correctness with simple morals and politeness, they aren't the same thing. Not calling someone a racial slur isn't inherently being poitically correct, it depends on your reasons for not calling them that slur. If one doesn't say it because they know it's against the standard, then that's being politically correct, not saying it because you have no interest in saying it is not.

"negro" or "colored" are not racial slurs. older people are used to using those terms with no ill intent at all. im sure black people dont react to those words like they would the n-bomb, but at the same time its not polite at all to say them. thats PC as its supposed to be. just a simple decision "we are called this" and thats that.

then its abused. we're not crippled, we're handicapped. no, we're differently abled...no...we're handi CAPABLE!!!. thats a load of shit. thats abuse of a system of politeness. same as the guy who eats all the free samples at the grocery store counter. yes, people exploit the politeness of other, but....people suck.

PC is in line with politeness. just another standard of conduct.
the same way i call an old guy "sir" instead of "dude". its not just an
act of not insulting, but a sign of respect...i guess

LethalFemme
Though I do like the idea of everyone getting along together I find that some people just hide behind political correctness and that prohibits my passion of being a *****.ermm

LethalFemme
Originally posted by PVS
"negro" or "colored" are not racial slurs. older people are used to using those terms with no ill intent at all. im sure black people dont react to those words like they would the n-bomb, but at the same time its not polite at all to say them. thats PC as its supposed to be. just a simple decision "we are called this" and thats that.

then its abused. we're not crippled, we're handicapped. no, we're differently abled...no...we're handi CAPABLE!!!. thats a load of shit. thats abuse of a system of politeness. same as the guy who eats all the free samples at the grocery store counter. yes, people exploit the politeness of other, but....people suck.

PC is in line with politeness. just another standard of conduct.
the same way i call an old guy "sir" instead of "dude". its not just an
act of not insulting, but a sign of respect...i guess

I would love to know how you consider "colored" a non racist term.

Bardock42
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I would love to know how you consider "colored" a non racist term.

How is coloured racist? I mean..really..it's not...

BackFire
Negro is basically a racial slur in this day and age, people don't say them, not because it's politically correct, but just because the times are different now. Regaurdless, this is a good point, one that shows that PC did, at one time, serve a purpose.

This is my point, political correctness serves no purpose today, years ago it was necessary when people were running around calling black people negros or other names and doing so was still widely accepted, it had to be stopped in order to help progress society. Now, though, if someone's going to drop the N bomb, they're going to do it regaurdless of PC, if someone is not, then it's probably not because of PC, it's just because they're not that type of person. This made up set of standards that is PC now is shit, it's hypocritical and has spiraled too far out of control to have any redeaming value left. It's simply not necessary today, and only hurts society because the only PC that exists today is the abused PC.

You call an old guy "sir" instead of "dude". But you don't do it because it's politically correct, right? You just do it out of your own personal preference and your own morals and ideas.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Bardock42
How is coloured racist? I mean..really..it's not...

I think of it as this. The color white is to some is the absence of color so those being non white are therefore "colored" which if left as that wouldn't be a problem. Although when you throw in the fact that is has been used as a racial slur it leaves the word completely "dirty".erm

Bardock42
I think of it as this. The color white is to some is the absence of color so those being non white are therefore "colored" which if left as that wouldn't be a problem. Although when you throw in the fact that is has been used as a racial slur it leaves the word completely "dirty".erm

It's just a term to call someone that have a different phenotype from white...a KKK member (you) wouldn't go up to a negro and say..."Hey, coloured guy"...cause it wouldn't be offensive, it would just be awkward.....

LethalFemme
Negro is basically a racial slur in this day and age, people don't say them, not because it's politically correct, but just because the times are different now. Regaurdless, this is a good point, one that shows that PC did, at one time, serve a purpose.

This is my point, political correctness serves no purpose today, years ago it was necessary when people were running around calling black people negros or other names and doing so was still widely accepted, it had to be stopped in order to help progress society. Now, though, if someone's going to drop the N bomb, they're going to do it regaurdless of PC, if someone is not, then it's probably not because of PC, it's just because they're not that type of person. This made up set of standards that is PC now is shit, it's hypocritical and has spiraled too far out of control to have any redeaming value left. It's simply not necessary today, and only hurts society because the only PC that exists today is the abused PC.

You call an old guy "sir" instead of "dude". But you don't do it because it's politically correct, right? You just do it out of your own personal preference and your own morals and ideas.

I agree it's just away for some to use racist words without the backlash because they can always hide behind " I was being politically correct." roll eyes (sarcastic)

LethalFemme
It's just a term to call someone that have a different phenotype from white...a KKK member (you) wouldn't go up to a negro and say..."Hey, coloured guy"...cause it wouldn't be offensive, it would just be awkward.....

That's true to a point because I wouldn't go up to a white guy and say hi Mr. White man sir either but, at which point was it ever really shown bad, or degrading in anyway to be white? The word colored was used as a derogatory term for ages you can't go back and say okay as of now this won't mean that anymore. It doesn't work like that.erm

Bardock42
That's true to a point because I wouldn't go up to a white guy and say hi Mr. White man sir either but, at which point was it ever really shown bad, or degrading in anyway to be white? The word colored was used as a derogatory term for ages you can't go back and say okay as of now this won't mean that anymore. It doesn't work like that.erm

Ages What the f**k?

LethalFemme
Ages What the f**k?

How did you get confused?

Bardock42
Okay, lets drop the bullshit, coloured, although not used is not a racial slur...

It might be unpractical but you do not use it to insult someone on account of their race...I mean, the NAACP (although they apparently dislike their name nowadays) is proof enough for that.

LethalFemme
Okay, lets drop the bullshit, coloured, although not used is not a racial slur...

It might be unpractical but you do not use it to insult someone on account of their race...I mean, the NAACP (although they apparently dislike their name nowadays) is proof enough for that.

Colored is just one of those words that for most will not acceptable for a white person to say. It has a lot to do with who says what to who and how. I wouldn't take it as offense depending on how it's used.

Bardock42
Colored is just one of those words that for most will not acceptable for a white person to say. It has a lot to do with who says what to who and how. I wouldn't take it as offense.
Sounds like PC brainwashing to me...

On a side note, are you a negro?

LethalFemme
Sounds like PC brainwashing to me...

On a side note, are you a negro?

There are two parts to it. for example when it comes to makeup there are special lines dedicated to women on of color that say this. Is it offensive nope but if lets say a white person said the colored guy over there. To many that would be a racist comment. It's a who, what, where and how situation.erm

Time Of Evil
Okay to put it bluntly political correctness is a load of bullshit.
The PC police are bastards and I'm sorry I just can't hold myself back from ****ing them out of it.
Who are these people who say that it's wrong that the sheep is black (what is that racist or demoralising, that a sheep is black), that they are not prisoners they are detainees (Oh, so these potential criminals drunks or druggies give a damn that they are 'detainees') , oh and he (whoops I should be saying He/She incase I offend anyone) isn't a little person, or a small person, or maybe a dwarf, even if he is about 2 foot. No - He is a vertically challenged being.

What a load of BULLSHIT!

Bardock42
There are two parts to it. for example when it comes to makeup there are special lines dedicated to women on of color that say this. Is it offensive nope but if lets say a white person said the colored guy over there. To many that would be a racist comment. It's a who, what, where and how situation.erm

It shouldn't be...I guess it is though.

LethalFemme
It shouldn't be...I guess it is though.

That's how I feel it shouldn't be but, through some people racist and petty ignorance it is.erm

Bardock42
That's how I feel it shouldn't be but, through some people racist and petty ignorance it is.erm

I think people shouldn't take offense to terms like that....at all..

LethalFemme
I think people shouldn't take offense to terms like that....at all..

They shouldn't have to.

Bardock42
They shouldn't have to.

They shouldn't.

Noble Strong
What youre about to read is offensive vulgar and explicit. Readers discretion is advised

n.igger pc form african american
retarded pc form mentally challenged
F|_|ck pc form Fornicate
F@g pc form homosexual
fat-ass pc form obese
Morbidly Obese pc form Large

its all euphimism = political correctness = should fornicate themselves whoever invented pc forms or whoever gets offended easily and in conclusion let us use the words we want.

PVS
Originally posted by Noble Strong
What youre about to read is offensive vulgar and explicit. Readers discretion is advised

n.igger pc form african american
retarded pc form mentally challenged
F|_|ck pc form Fornicate
F@g pc form homosexual
fat-ass pc form obese
Morbidly Obese pc form Large

its all euphimism = political correctness = should fornicate themselves whoever invented pc forms or whoever gets offended easily and in conclusion let us use the words we want.

thanks for the assessment, you miserable lowlife prick. pc form gentleman

Quiero Mota
Negro is basically a racial slur in this day and age

Yep, "negro" and "colored" are archaic terms just like "yellow" and "oriental", or even "redskin". I don't know anyone under the age of 50 who actually uses any of these words.

PVS
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Yep, "negro" and "colored" are archaic terms just like "yellow" and "oriental", or even "redskin". I don't know anyone under the age of 50 who actually uses any of these words.

while it is possible to use these words as an insult, if some 80 year old guy says "colored" out of habit, its not a slur. a slur is a deliberate insult.

Quiero Mota
I know, ey. A lot of Black people over the age of 60 use the term "colored".

But my point was that at one time those above mentioned words were legitimate words used to describe people. In fact, in 1900 "yellow" was what Asians were called in the US Census. Now they're just common slurs.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
while it is possible to use these words as an insult, if some 80 year old guy says "colored" out of habit, its not a slur. a slur is a deliberate insult.

It's hardly possible to use colored as insult though....

PVS
yes it is possible. claimk. seriously dude, you're gonna lose this one

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
yes it is possible. claimk. seriously dude, you're gonna lose this one

Shut up you coloured person.

Just doesn't work..where's C-Master or D-Double..I need to try to insult a Negro with it.

PVS
Shut up you coloured person.

Just doesn't work..where's C-Master or D-Double..I need to try to insult a Negro with it.

just as you're not insulted by me calling you a nazi, because its drenched sarcasm and pure satire. but im sure if someone looked you seriosly dead in the eye, sneered, and called you that....well you'd probably still laugh, but anyone else in your shoes....well....in your case boots

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
just as you're not insulted by me calling you a nazi, because its drenched sarcasm and pure satire. but im sure if someone looked you seriosly dead in the eye, sneered, and called you that....well you'd probably still laugh, but anyone else in your shoes....well....in your case boots

****, I am sick of those Nazi jokes..okay, I am not a Nazi..it's not funny...it is a horrible chapter in our history and I don't want to be connected to the cruel deeds that I find sickening. You people that say that are all assholes. Or coloured....hmm..that gave it away, didn't it?

PVS
ok, just relax and put the cyklon cannister down.
i never claimed that 'colored' was a synonym for 'assholes'.
not all insults are, you know.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
ok, just relax and put the cyklon cannister down.
i never claimed that 'colored' was a synonym for 'assholes'.
not all insults are, you know.

Haha, I didn't mean to imply that...and now go take a shower.

BackFire
I just got out of the shower, I'm all clean and fresh......who wants some?

PVS
did you wash your ass good?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS

Holy ****ing lord, I so totally don't want to know why you want to know that...

PVS
yes you do. by the way, im impressed that you could type all that with one hand.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
yes you do. by the way, im impressed that you could type all that with one hand.

Holy shit, how do you know?

PVS
it was a given...we're just that ****ing hot

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS

No....I know how you like it all dirty.

PVS
screech would be proud

LethalFemme
How quickly talk of political correctness becomes filth.happy

BackFire
How quickly talk of political correctness becomes filth.happy

They go hand in hand.

LethalFemme
They go hand in hand.

Well in this particular discussion nose and ass.ermm

Akira99
PC along with feminism is the plague of the present and the past 3 decades.

PVS
Originally posted by Akira99
PC along with feminism is the plague of the present and the past 3 decades.

and that civil rights bullshit too, right?

BackFire
yeah, that was pretty gay too, less seats in the front of the bus and longer lines for public bathrooms. Lame shit.

Nichole
Political correctness is out of control here.

A 'blackboard' is now a 'chalkboard' so as not to offend black people.

'Baa Baa Black Sheep' is now 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep', again, so as not to offend black people.

'Good boy', or 'good girl' can no longer to used by schoolteachers. Instead 'good child' must be used, so as not to offend children of the opposite sex.

People can just piss off. It's only the do-gooders who complain, and the laws are changed for them!

botankus
Originally posted by Nichole
'Baa Baa Black Sheep' is now 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep', again, so as not to offend black people.

Wouldn't this offend gays? They could change it to "Baa Baa Stupid Sheep,"...no - it might offend the mentally challenged. What about "Baa Baa Dead Sheep?" That way no one on Earth can challenge it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Wouldn't this offend gays? They could change it to "Baa Baa Stupid Sheep,"...no - it might offend the mentally challenged. What about "Baa Baa Dead Sheep?" That way no one on Earth can challenge it.

There are dead people on earth...

PVS
i was always offended by the use of the term "blackboard" since the board was always green. blatant stupidity on that level offends me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i was always offended by the use of the term "blackboard" since the board was always green. blatant stupidity on that level offends me. Yeah, I had a good laugh at you English speaking folks the first time I heard that word as well.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Nichole
Political correctness is out of control here.

A 'blackboard' is now a 'chalkboard' so as not to offend black people.

'Good boy', or 'good girl' can no longer to used by schoolteachers. Instead 'good child' must be used, so as not to offend children of the opposite sex.

People can just piss off. It's only the do-gooders who complain, and the laws are changed for them! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! laughing *wipes tear* i'm sorry...but that's just waaaaay beyond ridiculous. what crack-smoking addict came up with that? rainbow sheep? wtf is that???? yeah...and they wonder why kids grow up mental and....emo-ish.

ThePittman

Time Of Evil
Has anyone realised that we pay these people to think up these shitty ideas!

Fëanor
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
Has anyone realised that we pay these people to think up these shitty ideas! which is why i firmly believe in voting. and if the government or whatever decides they wanna pass a law without consulting the very people that votedfor them, then we should protest and speak up about it...but back to reality.

ThePittman

Fëanor

Akira99
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
Has anyone realised that we pay these people to think up these shitty ideas!
Dam right

Quiero Mota
Yeah, I had a good laugh at you English speaking folks the first time I heard that word as well.

laughing out loud

Lord Urizen

Like I said...we should be able to insult anyone we want..as long as thier is no hatred involved. smile

redcaped
fix my tie phrase

Capt_Fantastic
People tend to to overwhelmingly agree, that utilising it, brings about more tolerance and stops people from offending one another and creating conflict.

I don't know about most people, but I'd rather be addressed on their terms than people "pussyfooting" around their real feelings. I know where I stand with a guy who'd call me a ****** to my face, but not as much with a guy who says "alternative lifestyle".

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I don't know about most people, but I'd rather be addressed on their terms than people "pussyfooting" around their real feelings. I know where I stand with a guy who'd call me a ****** to my face, but not as much with a guy who says "alternative lifestyle".
exactly.

grey fox

Agree'd

Nichole

lil bitchiness

Yes. I completely agree.

People do tend to confuse common courtesy with Political Correctness. It is not the same.

The social pressure of PC is what is dangerous, as CApt_Fanatic points out.

Bardock42

Stop flaunting your differently normal lifestyle at us...

Capt_Fantastic
Capt_Fanatic

i'll just assume that was a typo

debbiejo
Stop flaunting your differently normal lifestyle at us... What got your attention was a certain word she said............or at least part of that word.......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
i'll just assume that was a typo

One of the likely sort, eh?

Parapraxia, I'd say.

Originally posted by debbiejo
What got your attention was a certain word she said............or at least part of that word.......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

What she said was sad
But then, all the rejection she's had
To pretend to be happy
Could only be idiocy

Where was I..oh, right....what?

Capt_Fantastic
One of the likely sort, eh?

Parapraxia, I'd say.

Flaunt...flaunt, flaunt.

Flaunt.

Bardock42
Flaunt...flaunt, flaunt.

Flaunt.

OH NO...your constant flaunting got me out of the closet...what will my buddies at the factory say?

debbiejo
Flaunt...flaunt, flaunt.

Flaunt. STOP IT.........You gonna get girls after you.......... eek!

Bardock42
STOP IT.........You gonna get girls after you.......... eek!

Girls go for homosexuals? ..hmm I think I just found my flag of choice

Capt_Fantastic
OH NO...your constant flaunting got me out of the closet...what will my buddies at the factory say?

they won't say anything. They'll just take it.

Bardock42
they won't say anything. They'll just take it.

Probably..that and that I don't work in a factory....

debbiejo
Girls go for homosexuals? ..hmm I think I just found my flag of choice They do if they don't know....

Capt_Fantastic
I don't work in a factory....

that makes it rape

BackFire
Fun rape.

Capt_Fantastic
Fun rape.

is there any other kind?

Bardock42
that makes it rape

It's not rape if I want it...

BackFire
is there any other kind?

Yes, super fun rape.

Bardock42
Yes, super fun rape.

I think I had one of those once....the opinions of the participants greatly differ though....

debbiejo
Yes, super fun rape. laughing dontgetit

BackFire
I think I had one of those once....the opinions of the participants greatly differ though....

Then you did something wrong. You need to beat them until they agree that it's super fun. It's win win.

debbiejo
Then you did something wrong. You need to beat them until they agree that it's super fun. It's win win. sad

LOL.........they my be bigger than you though.......

Bardock42
Then you did something wrong. You need to beat them until they agree that it's super fun. It's win win.

I can't quite recall, maybe it was not he who differed but the judge...it's all so clouded.

BackFire
sad

LOL.........they my be bigger than you though.......

That's why you only do it to women, duh.

And no, most people aren't bigger than me, I'm a big fella.

Bardock42
That's why you only do it to women, duh.

And no, most people aren't bigger than me, I'm a big fella.

Same for me....would be much harder if I wasn't.

debbiejo
Short people bite

Bardock42
Short people bite I heard that's why the bitches in prison get all their teeth knocked out.

BackFire
I heard that's why the bitches in prison get all their teeth knocked out.

Mmmmm, gumming.

Bardock42
Mmmmm, gumming.

I heard it feels much better that way too.

debbiejo
blink STOP IT.

Capt_Fantastic
you're supposed to be thick skinned. you live with a turkey for gods sake

Bardock42
you're supposed to be thick skinned. you live with a turkey for gods sake

Don't take the Hetero God's name in your mouth.....I totally know what Urizen would say to that...or I...if anyone else had set it up.

debbiejo
you're supposed to be thick skinned. you live with a turkey for gods sake Yeah an so......she's a good woman......well a turkey woman.............ok, then get gummed...........I don't care.......some day I will take my dentures out and be doing the same.............little Ol wrinkled men........ laughing out loud ........But if Viagra won't help....then forget it.........I have a time limit.

Capt_Fantastic
Don't take the Hetero God's name in your mouth.....I totally know what Urizen would say to that...or I...if anyone else had set it up.

I've taken more than his name into my mouth.

debbiejo
I've taken more than his name into my mouth. eek!

Stop it........I don't want to know........ laughing out loud

Bardock42
I've taken more than his name into my mouth.

Jesus Butt Plug? No..you wouldn't..you didn't...eww...yet sexy.

debbiejo
Jesus Butt Plug? No..you wouldn't..you didn't...eww...yet sexy. laughing out loud

Everything is sexy to you.............and NO, you're not getting my turkey virgin.

Capt_Fantastic
Jesus Butt Plug?

Is that what that was? It felt funny at first and then I was warm all over.

Bardock42
Is that what that was? It felt funny at first and then I was warm all over.

I've seen videos of this phenomenon....they involved women though.

debbiejo
Is that what that was? It felt funny at first and then I was warm all over. Have you tried the Buddha butt plug.........just wondering.

Capt_Fantastic
....they involved women though.

Yeah, right

Have you tried the Buddha butt plug.........just wondering.

yeah, but I was left feeling empty and unenlightened

debbiejo

yeah, but I was left feeling empty and unenlightened Sooooooo you perfer Jesus????? And the "word" was upon you....Oh my god.......you did god...... blink

was he good?

Bardock42
Yeah, right

Hush embarrasment

lord xyz
There is an increasing use of political correctness in our society today.

Improper use of certain ''politically incorrect'' words, leads to a branding of a person, with such titles as ''bigot'' ''racist'' and ''hate mongler''.

So I pose a question-

Is it a very useful tool in our society to prevent hate preaching and encourage tolerance, or is it a sophisticated and equaly dangerous form of censorship? a sophisticated and more dangerous form of cencorship. I see politcal correctness as a hypocritical form of racism.

For eg. The "African American" thing, it seems that if you're black and in America, you were born in Africa and not a true American. Not only that, but albinos in South Africa and Arabs in the north of Africa, if they immigrate to America, they aren't classed as African Americans.

And what's the problem with saying things like Paki and ******? I don't see a problem in shortening a word, it's easier to say. If it has a negative influence, then fair enough, but do people have to ***** about it? Because saying something's wrong is where the problem starts.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>