Sad story and reflection on society today! Would you be guilty??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omegaman
Here's a little story for you about society today!

There once was an old man who lived by himself in the city. His wife had died a few years earlier and he had no family to speak of.One day ....they found his body in the local river, he had killed himself. Inside his pocket, they found a note that he had written the day he died...in it he wrote: " I have decided to end it all, living by myself is too much to bare, even in this big city , I am all alone. No one notices me or cares about me. While on my way to the river , if I can get just 1 person to smile at me or even just say HI, I wont kill myself !"

Well, you know the end of the story! Would you have "smiled" at the old man? Learn from this story and dont be afraid to smile at each other!!

silver_tears
I smile at strangers all the time, don't always get one back shrug

PVS
wonderful chain letter.

forward this to 50 people or you'll get stomach cancer

redcaped
People are selfish by nature. In time to judge they forget all they've done in the past. Convicts should not be placed behind bars because they are also people in need that were desperate at some point. Instead they should go through a rehabilitation program. Do not express hatred to less unfortunate human beings or your punishment will be severe later on wink Same to those you don't like for no logical explanation.

Bardock42
Must be a pretty stupid old man...I got at least three strangers to smile and greet me today and I don't even like people much...good thing the sucker is dead.

redcaped
correction: less fortunate human beings. it is late to edit

Madman_V3N0M
Did he smile and say hi to people?
It's that alltime dillema that people don't believe that "good things happen to people who do good things", but since they don't believe it nobody does anything good, and if nobody does anything good how is something good supposed to happen to anybody. People should learn to do good just for the sake of it. Get it? for goodnes' sake? happy

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Madman_V3N0M
Did he smile and say hi to people?
It's that alltime dillema that people don't believe that "good things happen to people who do good things", but since they don't believe it nobody does anything good, and if nobody does anything good how is something good supposed to happen to anybody. People should learn to do good just for the sake of it. Get it? for goodnes' sake? happy

quite

nice chain letter material btw

Madman_V3N0M
Pay it forward! eek!

Fishy
Originally posted by Bardock42
Must be a pretty stupid old man...I got at least three strangers to smile and greet me today and I don't even like people much...good thing the sucker is dead.

I have to kinda agree with this... If he put a little effort into it he could have gotten a thousand people to smile at him. All he had to do was stop looking at the ground and clean himself and smile. Looking happy makes other people smile, so if this story is real the guy did it himself, he could have changed his life if he would have wanted too, but instead he did not and blamed other people for the problems in his life.

BackFire
Yeah, I smile and nod at strangers all the time, particularly hot girls, but they're usually somehow suspecting that I'm secretly picturing them doing ungodly things to my penis, and they look awkward and frightened.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, I smile and nod at strangers all the time, particularly hot girls, but they're usually somehow suspecting that I'm secretly picturing them doing ungodly things to my penis, and they look awkward and frightened.

as im sure they are justified in their suspicion laughing out loud

Fishy

You'r doing it wrong, show them your penis. That will make them laugh back.

Madman_V3N0M
How could that be!? By your sig you look like such a holesome chap! In any case just don't smile or nod at me.

Bardock42

Yeah, I try to work on that kind of smilie...so far I only mastered the "Oh my, he smiles at me like he's going to do something ungodly to me" Smile though...I am an amateur....form me, my master.

PVS
try not saying "i can smell your ****" when you smile. they tend to be less frightened

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
try not saying "i can smell your ****" when you smile. they tend to be less frightened

Oh noes...now I will never know what the four stars are hiding from me. Stupid PC...wrong thread...but still.

PVS
your problem is that you Can't Understand Normal Thinking

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
your problem is that you Can't Understand Normal Thinking

The capitalizationing does hurt my little innocent mind...

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
as im sure they are justified in their suspicion laughing out loud

They are, but they shouldn't know that!

BackFire
Originally posted by Fishy
You'r doing it wrong, show them your penis. That will make them laugh back.

That will just scare them...you know, because it's so big! Hahahahahaha

PVS
They are, but they shouldn't know that!

well...what are you doing with your hands while you smile and say hi?

Bardock42
That will just scare them...you know, because it's so big! Hahahahahaha

Hahahaha, I wouldn't have gotten it if you hadn't like totally said it there, hahahahaha.

Madman_V3N0M
Stop smiling at me! Stop it! I know what you're all thinking! *jumps off bridge*

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
well...what are you doing with your hands while you smile and say hi?

Rubbing my chest

PVS
well, thats normal....i guess it could just be they have bugs up their asses.

BackFire
If that's the case, they should tell me. I'd gladly fish it out with my snake.

PVS
when you say "snake" do you mean your penis?

Madman_V3N0M
*body floats to surface*

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
when you say "snake" do you mean your penis?

Teehee....yes! Teehee! Ooooooh, I'm naughty!

Madman_V3N0M
You mean penis isn't bleeped out?! shit **** ***** **** just testing

Madman_V3N0M
wow they don't bleep shit out either!

BackFire
Penis and shit aren't bleeped out, but somehow **** (other, more fun word for boobs) is. What kinda world is this?

PVS
shit is within the realm of pg-13....but then again so is b!tch but thats bleeped out....however you can point out a pack of bitches...just not a single one....thats just bad!!!!

Bardock42
I want all the seven to be free at last.

Shit, piss, ****, ****, **********, mother****er and ****.

Madman_V3N0M
F**k s**t a*s b***h c**t ! I can bleep my own words thank you!

PVS
mammary glands......HA!!

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
mammary glands......HA!!

I want to get my hands on your mammary glands.

PVS
Originally posted by Madman_V3N0M
F**k s**t a*s b***h c**t ! I can bleep my own words thank you!

fork, spit, birch, cart?

Madman_V3N0M
Gonads!

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Omegaman

There once was an old man who lived by himself in the city. His wife had died a few years earlier and he had no family to speak of.One day ....they found his body in the local river, he had killed himself. Inside his pocket, they found a note that he had written the day he died...in it he wrote: " I have decided to end it all, living by myself is too much to bare, even in this big city , I am all alone. No one notices me or cares about me. While on my way to the river , if I can get just 1 person to smile at me or even just say HI, I wont kill myself !"

Well, you know the end of the story! Would you have "smiled" at the old man? Learn from this story and dont be afraid to smile at each other!!
Sucks about his wife but I have no real respect for people who commit suicide. I wouldn't feel guilty, if his body was found on some random day then he can't of killed himself in a very densely populated area or he at least can't of topped himself at a very opportune time, for all we know he could have passed no one. For that matter what the chance he smiled at them? Remember he is just about to "end it all".

It's not a reflection on our society. Most people would smile at someone in the street.

Madman_V3N0M
I'm spent! Good night everybody! Gute Nacht und schone Traumen! Kill zee jews!

BackFire
The guy shoulda gone to a strip club, he woulda gotten many smiles there.

Omegaman
I see a lot of what I would call "typical" responses.... especially all the ones who said he should have smiled first...well thats kind of the point!! Why can't YOU be the one who intiates the "smile"?? Lots of the responses show the indifference that exists in todays society also, again part of the point of the story.

Bardock42
I see a lot of what I would call "typical" responses.... especially all the ones who said he should have smiled first...well that kind of the point!! Why can't YOU be the one who intiates the "smile"?? Lots of the responses show the indifference that exists in todays society also, again part of the point of the story.

But he the idiot as well...he could have started it..but no..he was a selfish idiot.

Omegaman
Bardock...you only continue to "prove the point" of the story.

Bardock42
Bardock...you only continue to "prove the point" of the story.

Of course...the story is very possible., it is just not such a horrible thing as you make it out to be. People don't have to smile or even acknowledge each other if they don't want that, if the idiot wanted people to smile he should have started..if he doesn't smile it is most likely he wants to be left alone and not be smiled at weirdly....that he killed himself is his own fault and frankly the word is a better place without him (all hypothetically of course).

PVS
im going to go for a walk and if women dont spontainiously straddle me and screw my brains out for no apparent reason, im going to kill myself, and you should all feel sorry for me and browbeat others from your high horse if they dont.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
im going to go for a walk and if women dont spontainiously straddle me and screw my brains out for no apparent reason, im going to kill myself, and you should all feel sorry for me and browbeat others from your high horse if they dont.

Man, you have to spontaneously straddle them and screw their brains out first, duh.

PVS
no, i shouldnt have to. what kind of a sick sad world do we live in where i have to initiate the screwing? its common decency ffs *weep* *jumps off bridge*

Bardock42
Maybe this guy was right. Maybe ...maybe we should go out and screw people we meet...I think I get it....this PVS fella was one of the greatest mind..and we lost him due to our lack of screwing each other in public in a way that would certainly be considered rape....HAIL PVS...you are sadly missed.

§P0oONY
Maybe he just fell as he was so excited at the fact that someone smiled at him.

PVS
maybe i pushed him off...........smiling

Madman_V3N0M
*decomposed body of V3N0M still wasn't fished out by the police and nobody cares why he killed himself*

Fishy
I see a lot of what I would call "typical" responses.... especially all the ones who said he should have smiled first...well thats kind of the point!! Why can't YOU be the one who intiates the "smile"?? Lots of the responses show the indifference that exists in todays society also, again part of the point of the story.

I smile at pretty much everything and anyone, unless their ugly (and I mean really hidious not just ugly, but ugly +10) or look pissed off, in which case smiling is hard

redcaped
You are guilty automatically by adding humor to the subject.

Bardock42
Originally posted by redcaped
You are guilty automatically by adding humor to the subject.

Oh noes..I am guilty...how can I ever redeem myself....

PVS
ok, lets all bow our heads and pretend to feel guilt over a fake story
to make the drama bitches happy

redcaped
Do it immediately!

Maestro
He probably smiled at the wrong guy hence being found in a river 2guns

Madman_V3N0M
*still nobody cares that V3N0M killed himself from excesive smiling* Now I'm here dead and decomposing and nobody cares, you saw it here! society today!

PVS
*cries*

Madman_V3N0M
*Would cry but his lacrimary glands have decomposed*

PVS
*ties cinder block to v3nom's ankle*

there we go, problem solved.

Madman_V3N0M
*while going in slow motion for everybody to enjoy V3N0M's descent to the deep with a stupid look on his undead face the word "OWNED" sudently appears on the screen*

PVS
hehehe

hardwoodman
well, I'm old and tired and my wife died in '03 and basically its me & my dog from here on out & he ain't lookin good.. but i dont look for smiles from other people. basically i dont like other people. and i may well choose to end my life at some point. and if i do decide that i've had enough i dont want anybody tryin to tell me whether i should live or die. so my answer to the original post is this: i wont be smillin at anyone who doesnt give me reason to smile. and if someone smiles at me without reason, i'll be uneasy at best.

Bardock42
Originally posted by hardwoodman
well, I'm old and tired and my wife died in '03 and basically its me & my dog from here on out & he ain't lookin good.. but i dont look for smiles from other people. basically i dont like other people. and i may well choose to end my life at some point. and if i do decide that i've had enough i dont want anybody tryin to tell me whether i should live or die. so my answer to the original post is this: i wont be smillin at anyone who doesnt give me reason to smile. and if someone smiles at me without reason, i'll be uneasy at best.

http://abutalib.indysla.iupui.edu/~asimmon/images/smile.jpg

Imperial_Samura

I have a habit of smiling at strangers, and on more adventurous days I'll even tip my hat (since I love wearing fedoras) - if the old man passed me on the way to the river he would have lived.

Besides - uni lodgings of mine at the moment (apartments) there are a lot of old people who I get along well with. There is the widowed chap who runs a small green grocers store (he give me grapes and potatoes), sometimes I watch his birds for him when he is away. Then there is another chap who I sometimes play chess with.

What was the question again?

FeceMan
This is a stupid story that I guarantee is an urban legend.

PVS
you're heartless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111
1111111one x infinity

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by FeceMan
This is a stupid story that I guarantee is an urban legend.

I thought the thread starter made it up just for the purpose of the thread? Is someone saying it is real?

RZA

BackFire
See, this story ignores something very important about our society - Strangers are scary.

Through our whole lives we're taught to beware strangers, to stay away and not talk/look at/have sex with people we don't know. You may say that strangers are nothing to fear, but I will tell you differently.

The following story is true, I read it in the newspaper about a year ago, maybe a year and a half, it did happen:

A man was walking down the street alone in the evening. As he was walking he and this other man's eyes met. The man smiled at this other man out of kindness, just to be polite. The other man then proceeded to beat the man who smiled at him to death.

The moral? Don't smile at anyone unless they are sexy young girls who will react in a frightened manner.

And no, I'm not joking, the story is totally true.

RZA
^ Dude that guy must of been a psycho, he was gonna kick that guys ass regardless. Who the hell kicks your ass just for smiling unless the guy smiling was Bobby Trendy.

One time I passed by these 2 chicks who were doing some type of aerobics on top of the bridge. Obviously it caught my attention so I paused and asked what exactly they were doing and what benefit did they get from that type of exercise...

Their response in a thick spanish accent was...'we don't talk to strangers!....

oh well, nuff said.

Nichole
In this day and age, if you smiled at someone (especially a child) you'd be labelled a peodophile. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Okay, here is also a true story.

So, there's this old guy, yeah, and he is like always happy...and one day he dies.

Yeah, I wanted to fit in Aliens and cool adventures and some friends becoming enemies, some enemies becoming friends...at the end the main character is richer from the experience...maybe the pro and antagonist being related in some manner. Father - Son I though...that's so fresh. But then I decided to stick with a more likely tale..well, except for the always happy. Anyways, moral of the story, no one cares about ****ing boring stories. Old people are supposed to die. THe sooner the better (no offense PVS).

Ya Krunk'd Floo

The old dude was stupid, and deserved to die. He should have just worn a T-shirt that read "Smile at me or I'm going to drown myself in the local river". It probably would have aided his cause...

Darth Macabre

Madman_V3N0M
Yup it's the sadest ending in Futurama. I allmost cryed at the end of that one... I mean the dog waited all his life for Fry then died and when thay had the chance to revive him they didn't because the dumba55 didn't think he'd remember him. sad
Anyway that true story about the dog waiting for the master is not the only one, there's lots of em allover the world. My point is let your dog die first and then you can die to so I won't have to cry when I hear that your dog is still waiting for you. cry Dogs live only 10-15 years anyway.

botankus

For some dudes, if you're walking down the street and smile at his girl, he'll pop a cap in your ass.

PVS
yes, we live in a very unfriendly society, where a friendly smile can put you in danger. i think what the guy should have done was conceal a pistol, and on his way to the bridge, smile at people. whoever scowled back would get a bullet between the eyes. that would be more useful for the rest of us. think of the wave of politeness an event like that would stir up? we could probably turn it all around and have the most hospitable culture on the planet, at the superficial cost of the lives of a few assholes.

botankus
That's sounds reasonable, but according to his mission, he would now be on death row if someone saw the bloodshed and smiled back in self-defense.

PVS
Originally posted by botankus
That's sounds reasonable, but according to his mission, he would now be on death row if someone saw the bloodshed and smiled back in self-defense.

that is why at least one other person would have to do it. this way, the probability of there being more would be obvious. given that constant threat, the politeness toward strangers would probably be so great that it would boarder on annoyance

FeceMan
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I thought the thread starter made it up just for the purpose of the thread? Is someone saying it is real?
I don't know. I'm gonig to say 'no'. Even if it turns out to be incorrect, I'm going to stand by it.

Madman_V3N0M
Man to I love everything about your sig and avatar FeceMan! Love the Warcraft shit demon!

FeceMan
Yay, another follower for my legions of fanatics.

Madman_V3N0M
I follow only Alderbranch. Join us in our Alderbranch!

redcaped
**we are resposible for others**

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
wonderful chain letter.

forward this to 50 people or you'll get stomach cancer

That made me laugh out loud.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.