Vegetarianism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
I did a search and it only came up with the thread... "Vegetarians are hypocrites"... but I want this to be a broader discussion on it though. If there are more threads about vegetarians then I apologise.

I'm personally against Vegetarianism... Besides the fact that I love the taste of meat, I just don't think a vegetarian world could really work.

If you think about it, if the whole world became vegetarian. How do you think farmers would get rid of their livestock? Release them into the wild? I highly doubt it, killing them is far the most cost effective way of disposing of them, therefor the moral reasons for becoming vegetarian are pretty much out the window.

Let's just say that the farmers do the honourable thing and release said livestock into the wild, for a start, the effects on the ecosystem could and probably would be devastating, you wouldn't just be introducing one new species to an environment; you'd be releasing dozens... Plus chances are the animals who have been bred for captivity would probably just not survive in the wild, I highly doubt a species could adapt quickly enough to a new surrounding to survive and they couldn't simply let the animals stay in the feilds because the farmer's would simply land for arable farming. So even if the farmers released the animals into the wild, they'd still probably die and possibly take local areas of the ecosystem with them.

There are also the health issues... Meat is the main source of protein, which is hugely important for cell repair and maintenance. protein can be acquired in a vegetarian diet but often vegetarian people are still not getting enough of this vital molecule. Many people say meat is not good for you, this is true but at the same time it's not. Humans are designed to eat meat, just look at the teeth; there are definitely a few canines. Meat should be eaten in moderation, as with all things, there is nothing wrong with eating meat as a part of a healthy diet. There are for more benefits to it than opposite.

I have no real problem with people who choose not to eat meat. My main problem is with the people who try and impose their eating beliefs on others... They piss me off so much...

PVS
well, i love red meat/chicken/fish, and there are only so many out there, and the more people stop eating them, the more there is for me....not to mention a drop in demand=drop in cost. so...im all for vegitarianism! thumb up

Fishy
An acute turn to vegetarianism wouldn't work they realize that... Hell the system wouldn't work at all but thats not the point. I think most of them realize that they can never stop the eating of meat and the using of animals for all kinds of cruel and unusual things, and most of them would hope that this would change but would somehow know that it wouldn't be good if they did.

Just like we all hope that all the world will become as rich as our country's but at the same realize how dangerous that would be for our economy. A perfect world does not exist they just try to balance it out a bit. Every ounce of meat they don't buy, is an ounce I could be eating tomorrow.

Bardock42
Hehehe, PVS loves meat...hehehe

Soleran
Vegetarian would be boring.

Fish, poultry, animal products I don't have a problem with per say. However most people ingest far to much red meat and it can have a number of undesirable effects.

Vegetarian as a lifestyle choice (not just fad dieting) is probably much healthier, you can get the essential amino acids by dieting correctly and your body would convert alot of the other amino's into the appropriate source for nutrition.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Fishy
An acute turn to vegetarianism wouldn't work they realize that... Hell the system wouldn't work at all but thats not the point. I think most of them realize that they can never stop the eating of meat and the using of animals for all kinds of cruel and unusual things, and most of them would hope that this would change but would somehow know that it wouldn't be good if they did.

Well, in my experience this is not the case... But then again I am generally surrounded by ignorant teenagers.

Madman_V3N0M
I'm a vegetarian because I just don't like meat, and the only types of meat foods I like are few and far in between.

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hehehe, PVS loves meat...hehehe

yes, i do. and by 'meat' i mean penises. mmmmmmmmmm

BackFire
Hell, if people want to eat grass and flowers, let them, I'll gladly take a nice bucket of fried chicken or a delicious juicy steak for them.

I think people who refuse to eat meat because of "animal cruelty" are just ignorant and being silly. However, the vegetarians that do it for health reasons are okay by me, until they begin to try and lecture me about it, then they earn a nice fist directly to their scrawny stomach.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Madman_V3N0M
I'm a vegetarian because I just don't like meat, and the only types of meat foods I like are few and far in between.

A vegetarian is someone who rejects all meat products.

PVS
grass and flowers laughing out loud

§P0oONY
Originally posted by BackFire
Hell, if people want to eat grass and flowers, let them, I'll gladly take a nice bucket of fried chicken or a delicious juicy steak for them.

I think people who refuse to eat meat because of "animal cruelty" are just ignorant and being silly. However, the vegetarians that do it for health reasons are okay by me, until they begin to try and lecture me about it, then they earn a nice fist directly to their scrawny stomach.

laughing out loud

That pretty much sums up my feelings to be honest.

Lana
And then there are people who can't be vegetarians because of health reasons!

Frankly, I don't care what people eat. I only rarely eat red meat, myself. It's basically one of those things where it's like that's great, but it's your business, and leave me alone.

PVS
i only eat meat from animals which are killed with cruelty. it tastes sweeter when they suffer.

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
i only eat meat from animals which are killed with cruelty. it tastes sweeter when they suffer.

Yes, their tears add to the flavor.

Soleran
Beer and BBQ is the winning summer meal!

PVS
no no, you're thinking of children. animals dont cry

BackFire
I love ribs, so tender and flavorfull...mmmm.

Madman_V3N0M

BackFire
If you eat any meat products you aren't a vegetarian.

Madman_V3N0M
So what am I?

BackFire
Not a vegetarian.

§P0oONY
Not a vegetarian.

Class answer...

Lana
So what am I?

Someone who just eats a small amount of meat.

Madman_V3N0M
I'm serrious! Is there a term for an almost vegetarian?

BackFire
There is now - Almostetarian.

§P0oONY

Pescetarian? Semi-Vegetarian?

Bardock42

No

I considered giving this response a "full-stop" .... I decided against it, since it is just so absolutely true that not even punctuation will enhance it in any way.

WrathfulDwarf
I can understand people deciding to become vegetarians for a period of time because of health issues or weightloss. But to totally reject meat? Nah! not a chance.

BackFire
WD, to celebrate our love for meat, let's each have a big burger tonight, waddya say!?

WrathfulDwarf
Awesome! In-N-Out sounds good? batman

BackFire
Oh, yeah I'm having a nice big homemade burger tonight, but In n Out is awesome. I dare you to get a four by four!

PVS
WD, to celebrate our love for meat, let's...

thats the part where i stopped reading.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, yeah I'm having a nice big homemade burger tonight, but In n Out is awesome. I dare you to get a four by four!

I can't anymore.

Those days are gone for me. sad

But I will take A double-double with Extra grilled onions and cheese. big grin

Bardock42
WD, to celebrate our love for meat, let's each have a big burger tonight, waddya say!?

Haha, I get your code...Burger...right...haha...nice try, homos.

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
thats the part where i stopped reading.

Hahaha, you're just jealous because you weren't invited, you too Bardock.

PVS
it could have been quite a love train

all aboard
choo choo

BackFire
It would have been out of hate, for me. That's the only way I have sex, it's makes it so much more satisfying.

Ladyluck
I'm a vegetarian partly because of health issues, and partly because I don't like the idea that animals are being slaughtered just so we could eat them. I just don't want to be a part of that. Being a vegetarian is healthier (if you actually eat right, and not just junk food like a lot do), and also more cost efficient. It's a personal choice for me. If you want to eat meat, go right ahead. I don't care. I don't think it's right when vegetarians lecture or get mad and people who eat meat.

Bardock42
Holy shit....one of the multiple threads on vegetarianism and I didn't yet post the oh so fitting (yet not) lyrics....well, here it goes.

Heifer whines could be human cries
Closer comes the screaming knife
This beautiful creature must die
A death for no reason
And death for no reason is murder

And the flesh you so fancifully fry
Is not succulent, tasty or kind
Its death for no reason

And the calf that you carve with a smile
Is murder
And the turkey you festively slice
Is murder
Do you know how animals die ?

Kitchen aromas arent very homely
Its not comforting, cheery or kind
Its sizzling blood and the unholy stench
Of murder

Its not natural, normal or kind
The flesh you so fancifully fry
The meat in your mouth
As you savour the flavour
Of murder

No, no, no, its murder
No, no, no, its murder
Oh ... and who hears when animals cry ?

Inspectah Deck
Why does everybody(and I mean EVERYBODY!) tell me that?!
I am a vegetarian, even though there are 2 meat products I would eat, and even those maybe 3 times a year at most(Xmass,Birthday,New Year). And I'm a true vegetarian that doesn't eat meat because he doesn't like it, even though I can't ignore the cruelty and health things.

If you eat any meat products you aren't a vegetarian.

grey fox

Co-signed and Co-Vegetarian beating

redcaped
Why can't we eat grass wink I wonder since animals do digest it.

Da preacher
Originally posted by Bardock42
Holy shit....one of the multiple threads on vegetarianism and I didn't yet post the oh so fitting (yet not) lyrics....well, here it goes.

Heifer whines could be human cries
Closer comes the screaming knife
A death for no reason

And the flesh you so fancifully fry
Is not succulent, tasty or kind
Its death for no reason

And the calf that you carve with a smile
Is murder
And the turkey you festively slice
Is murder
Do you know how animals die ?

Kitchen aromas arent very homely
Its not comforting, cheery or kind
Its sizzling blood and the unholy stench
Of murder

Its not natural, normal or kind
The flesh you so fancifully fry
The meat in your mouth
As you savour the flavour
Of murder

No, no, no, its murder
No, no, no, its murder
Oh ... and who hears when animals cry ?

Animal Kingdom

I saw a friend of mine 2day
In an ad sayin' what would do my body good
I told him he was wasting time I say
If God wanted milk in me
The breast I suck would have a line around the hood

No member of the animal kingdom nurses past maturity
No member of the animal kingdom ever did a thing 2 me
It's why I don't eat red meat or white fish
Don't give me no blue cheese
We're all members of the animal kingdom
Leave your brothers and sisters in the sea

Animal, animal kingdom {x2}

Who told us we should eat the swine?
U can bet your final money it damn sure wasn't no friend of mine
What about the clams on the shore?
Souls in progress, here come the fisherman - soul no more

No member of the animal kingdom nurses past maturity
(Nurses past, oh yeah)
No member of the animal kingdom ever did a thing 2 me
(Ever did a damn thing)
So I don't eat no red meat or white fish
Or funky, funky blue cheese
We're all members of the animal kingdom
Leave your brothers and sisters in the sea

Animal, animal kingdom {x3}

Fishy
Most animals eat other animals... I never heard of a lion that refused to eat meat, or a dolphin that didn't eat fish

PVS
as omnivores we have a choice.

Quiero Mota
Vegatarianism sucks and is pointless unless for medical reasons.

During the ice age Humans weren't farming, we had to eat meat to survive. In fact, it was the protein in meat that allowed the Human brain to grow/evolve to what it is now.

Madman_V3N0M
So I guess owr ancestors ate a lot of vegetables and too little meat LOL

PVS
i often wonder just how hungry some poor starving bastard must have been to discover the edibility of clams, snails, crabs, etc.

Trickster
Nothing wrong with vegetarianism. I don't see how somebody could be against vegetarianism, though. How does that work? You'd force people to eat meat?

Madman_V3N0M
Yup, they do, my parents and my grandparents all forced me for years to eat meat untill I freaked out and forced them to understand me!

Gregory
Vegetarians should be kept in cages like the animals that they are so that we can point and laugh at them.

Midgets, too.

Trickster
Originally posted by Gregory
Vegetarians should be kept in cages like the animals that they are so that we can point and laugh at them.

Midgets, too.

Caged midgets?

Or Imprisoned People of a Lesser Stature?

Atlantis001

ADarksideJedi

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Hey spoonly!Anyway sometimes it is a religonish thing not so much as a belief.My twin sister is one and that is because she hates the fact that she is eating a dead animal that was once alive.

To sum up- it is deceased dead killed non-living.

he is a prating jew

Bit extreme. The man brought you into the world; no need for insults.

Bardock42
I am not sure if I would be comfortable eating dead animals that weren't alive once...

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
To sum up- it is deceased dead killed non-living.

Bit extreme. The man brought you into the world; no need for insults.

Come on, it's not an insult...all Jews are prating....that's why we did this good deed 60 years ago.

ADarksideJedi
I am not insulting him at all.I said he is really jewish.Not an insult at all.JM

Bardock42
I am not insulting him at all.I said he is really jewish.Not an insult at all.JM

You meant "practicing Jew", sweety.

Mr. Sandman
Vegan is the term for someone who does not ingest any animal products at all. Vegetarians have a less strict diet and usually only have dairy products or fish or something.

Personally, the less they eat, the more there is for my fat ass. Bring on the steak, bitches!

Darth Kreiger
Mmmmmmm Meat........

I have no problem with Vegetarians, just don't force it on me

BackFire
I had the most delicious burger and chilli cheese fries today, some new place in town, really good stuff.

RedAlertv2
I could never be a vegetarian but I can respect people who hold themselves to it, granted they dont try and force it upon me.

Maple Sugar
i can understand if the person had a very traumatic experiance with mea that they would switch to vegitarienism but i like meat too much

Lumanix
Not enough arable land to feed the Human population.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lumanix
Not enough arable land to feed the Human population.
Not strictly true.

Victor Von Doom

I was not being serious. Unserious. IE- I wasn't being serious.

Reverb in posts.

debbiejo
I'm a vegetarian.......... big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm a vegetarian.......... big grin No, you aren't.

debbiejo
I'm about 90 percent now................90% vegetarian......... big grin

Victor Von Doom
That would be zero percent then.

debbiejo
NO

Madman_V3N0M
See Deb how they are? I'm 99.99% vegetarian and they still don't accept me.sad

Bardock42
See Deb how they are? I'm 99.99% vegetarian and they still don't accept me.sad

My God, about 70% of my meals consist of none meat products (Pasta, Rice, Salad ...) ...I am not a vegetarian though....

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I was not being serious. Unserious. IE- I wasn't being serious.

Reverb in posts.

It sure sound like you were being serious!Next time make it sound like you were just kiding.jm roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

debbiejo
I don't eat all that damn pasta and rice........I am a 90% vegetable eater.........raw and cooked.......................

redcaped
I wanna eat some butt! kidding

Darth Kreiger
I'm a Vegetarian, but I eat Beef, and Fish, and Pork, and Chicken, so Semi-Vege

debbiejo
Explain this pleassse.

Soleran
Explain this pleassse.

He's trying to be cool like you by saying he eat's meat just not all the time then saying they are vegetarian because they don't eat it with every mealsmile

debbiejo
Well...............I found being a mostly being what I am is sooooooooo healthy...............sorry for you all meat eater (artery clogging) people........

redcaped
I will pass the torch.

Soleran
Well...............I found being a mostly being what I am is sooooooooo healthy...............sorry for you all meat eater (artery clogging) people........

Whatever smoker eek! laughing

redcaped
Here, you go.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Soleran
Whatever smoker eek! laughing laughing out loud hahahaha..................I will be silent...................lol

Piano Man.

redcaped
||||||||||||||||||||||||

Madman_V3N0M
That's it! I'm giving up the few measly pieces of meat I eat a year, can I be a vegetarian now?

debbiejo
Originally posted by redcaped
|||||||||||||||||||||||| hands torch back today......I'm done now........... smile

lord xyz
Vegetarianism is aweful, does anyone here know how many animals die from vegitarianist agricultural machinary? And what about the infamous PETA? How many animals do you think they've killed?

ADarksideJedi
For what I read alot.JM

debbiejo
huh

What U B talkin about.

Victor Von Doom
Perhaps she just makes lots of magical sense from another planet different etc etc.

Or whatever you normally say when people can't understand your BS.

redcaped
toma toes

debbiejo
Tom atoes

Lyna303
potato...shrug

redcaped
I'm willing to give some.

Madman_V3N0M
you say potato I say potahto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.