NJO Kyp Durron vs. DE Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Who wins?

Nikkolas
At this point, what exactly has Kyp done that puts him above Sidious? He did manipulate a single gravitic anomaly/blackhole but thqt seems completely within someone like DE Sidious' power. Similarly, no dazzling displays of lightsaber combat have yet been seen by Mr. Durron. It would be by no means a PWN and it most certainly isn't a certainty, but I think DE Sidious could possibly take this given his vaster knowledge of The Force, his overwhelming and more refined power and overall his own intelligence. That be the one area he far outclasses almost anyone in.

It be a very good fight, actually.

Darth Subjekt
gotta agree with my man little nicky..Sidious takes this.

Darth Sexy
I don't know about saber combat but by NJO, Kyp is only second to Luke in force abilities

Nikkolas
don't know. In potential maybe but by NJO, I doubt he can take DE Sidious. The gap in knowledge is too great and what amazing displays of Force power has Kyp shown, really? The only one I know of is manipulating a single Dovin Bazel (sp?) and I am pretty sure Palpatine could do that at this point. Ripping apart spacetime and drainign entire worlds with the dark side is a bit more impressive then moving a single artificial blackhole. Luke's feat is substantially more impressive and may be beyond Sidious but at this point , Kyp doesn't seem to be capable of stopping Palps.

I might be wrong. I don't know . I'm going on what I know and have read.

tHIS IS BY NO MEANS A wtfPWN EITHER WAY. a DAMN GOOD AND DRAINING FIGHT.

Blue_Hefner
If Kyle could take Sidious, Kyp most certainly could as well. I haven't read any books showing his power, but I heard he ripped Luke's spirit out of his body in I, Jedi or something like that. I don't think Sidious could do tht, because he would have done it in DE instead of making Luke his apprentice.

Nikkolas
That was Kun and the immense dark side energy of Yavin IV. Kyp is now a Jedi Master and does not know any such technique. Besides, Palpatine moved his entire spirit across space and also practiced transferring spirits from one body to another by executing his subordinate and then reviving him in a new body.

Kyle took ROTS Sidious. He can't take DE Sidious.

Quinlan_Vos
DE Sidious defeat Kyp Durron, though Kyp provides a tough fight.

ESB Vader
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
If Kyle could take Sidious, Kyp most certainly could as well. I haven't read any books showing his power, but I heard he ripped Luke's spirit out of his body in I, Jedi or something like that. I don't think Sidious could do tht, because he would have done it in DE instead of making Luke his apprentice.

it was exar kun who was controlling kyps body to tear lukes spirit apart, note that exar gave kyp a power up though. well isnt kyp in lotf stronger than luke in DE? just curious

Nikkolas
Yes, he is. But it was not Luke's own power that beat Sidious. It was the combined Force potential of him, baby Anakin and Leia. Note that this is the connection and strength of 3 Skywalkers turned on Palpatine to shield him from the dark side and make his Force Storm go out of control. I doubt Kyp has reached THAT level of power, yet.

ESB Vader
-.- i still think lotf kyp is weaker than palpatine

Nikkolas
He might be. But I know zero about LOTF. I'll leave that all up to someone else for now.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Yes, he is. But it was not Luke's own power that beat Sidious. It was the combined Force potential of him, baby Anakin and Leia. Note that this is the connection and strength of 3 Skywalkers turned on Palpatine to shield him from the dark side and make his Force Storm go out of control. I doubt Kyp has reached THAT level of power, yet.

Combined force potential? Care to formulate your own arguments and not listen to IKC's? Nothing in the comics, sourcebooks, or NEC mentions anything relating to their force potential. As a skywalker Luke already has 200% more potential than Sidious because he's equal to his father, so your argument falls through.

Darth Sexiest
No...Sidious at the time of DE would beat Kyp pretty well...especially in a lightsaber duel.

Nikkolas
No offense DS, but...that's crap. I don't know anyone beside you who says that's not what happened.

ESB Vader
well i assume DE palpatine uses form IV ataru because of the way he fights, acrobatic this and that, you know the way he jumped slash at luke on the eclipse

Deception
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Combined force potential? Care to formulate your own arguments and not listen to IKC's? Nothing in the comics, sourcebooks, or NEC mentions anything relating to their force potential. As a skywalker Luke already has 200% more potential than Sidious because he's equal to his father, so your argument falls through.

Care to substantiate your own arguments? Whilst IKC favours Kun, you're contempt for him and the character allow you see through the fact IKC is a very capable debator.

Before you insult another, take a good look and formulate your own logic argument before you come up with something much worse. Since when has Luke got the full potential of Anakin Skywalker? Since when has it been offically quoted or shown?

You come up, provide an unsubstantiated statement, i'm now asking you to prove up.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Deception
Care to substantiate your own arguments? Whilst IKC favours Kun, you're contempt for him and the character allow you see through the fact IKC is a very capable debator.
What are you talking about? I wasn't taking shots at IKC. I just stated that the only one that threw in that crap about force potential was IKC, and it was dead wrong. That's all..

Im not insulting anyone, what are you talking about? And canonically Lucas stated that Luke has Anakin's potential, that the Skywalkers have the highest potential out of anyone in the SW Galaxy, and by DN/LOTF luke has reached his potential and became what Anakin would have become..

Darth_Glentract
Sidious probably takes this after a hard fight. But LOTF Kyp would probably be a different story.

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
And canonically Lucas stated that Luke has Anakin's potential, that the Skywalkers have the highest potential out of anyone in the SW Galaxy, and by DN/LOTF luke has reached his potential and became what Anakin would have become..

Prove it. Where's the quote that says Luke and Anakin share the same potential and not just that Luke would become what Anakin should've? That's the only quote I've read that refers to Luke and Anakin's power in that way (and I should know, I provided the quote).

Now, either way you take that specific quote Luke is still going to be the most powerful Jedi - no one is doubting that, however, same potential is bullshit that has not been shown. So, Lucas didn't "canonically" state shit about equal potentials. Unless, of course, you prove up. I'm not saying the quote isn't there, but the one about Luke "becoming" is the only one I've seen, and it does not specifically refer to equal potential.

So, just show it.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Advent
Prove it. Where's the quote that says Luke and Anakin share the same potential and not just that Luke would become what Anakin should've? That's the only quote I've read that refers to Luke and Anakin's power in that way (and I should know, I provided the quote).

Now, either way you take that specific quote Luke is still going to be the most powerful Jedi - no one is doubting that, however, same potential is bullshit that has not been shown. So, Lucas didn't "canonically" state shit about equal potentials. Unless, of course, you prove up. I'm not saying the quote isn't there, but the one about Luke "becoming" is the only one I've seen, and it does not specifically refer to equal potential.

So, just show it.

I was under the impression that you showed lightsnake that exact quote concerning same potential. I did go look up Jacen Solo on wikipedia and found pretty much the exact same thing you told him. Whether or not it's canon, I don't know.

ESB Vader
and lucas stated anakin would be the most powerful force user who ever lived, that includes over luke if you dont want to believe that they are equal. james luceno even wrote this in the rots novel "who ever lived"

ok i got this quote from wiki advent i dont know how true it is but lets take it into consideration if not bleh who cares

It is possible that Anakin had been the Chosen One, but has forfeited his right to be the Chosen One when he turned to the Dark Side, and passed on his midi-chlorians to his son, who mastered the Force with the same skill that his father had, and later redeemed Vader, resulting in the destruction of Emperor Palpatine. With Palpatine dead and Vader redeemed (and dead), there was no more Sith in the Galaxy, meaning that the Dark Side has been permanently crippled, unable to ever take effective action again. So Luke with help from his father had inadvertantly brought the Force back into balance.

However, George Lucas has stated that more than once that Anakin Skywalker is the Chosen One.

Nikkolas
People, people. I don't give a shit about who's the strongest Force user. This is DE Sidious vs. NJO Kyp.

Darth Sexiest
Sidious beats Kyp.

How else does it have to be said?

ESB Vader
yea sidious wtf pwns kyp with spear of midnight black, a force power kyp has NEVER seen before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.